Forum Settings
Forums
Oct 21, 9:42 AM

Shoko664 said:
Nine-TailedJosh said:
Wait really? I just started Act-Age about a month ago. It would probably be better as an anime, I'd look forward to seeing it if that's happening.

it's been running since the beginning of 2018 most shounen jump titles get their adaption after 2.5-3 years, so we might get an anime around the summer-fall of 2020.

Hopefully Jujustu Kaisen might get an adaptation in 2020 as well

Oct 21, 9:50 AM

i am excited i do love me my shounen and isekai, well most of them. and really lookin forward to that madoka movie

Oct 22, 2:08 AM

@Superns18

I wouldn't say apprehension it's just people usually either already have their minds made up for a S2 whether they liked the show and want to continue it or not. It's more exciting to talk about potential stuff than those titles that are already established and people know about. Everyone knows about AOT and Made in Abyss but maybe not Nut's new anime Deca Dence if that makes sense.

Oct 22, 3:35 AM

I literally choked after seeing "Akira Anime". I'm more than exciting coz that would be really refreshing yet nostalgic after all the adaptations of the latest LN/manga. Also good to see Eva and Kaguya.
. . .

Oct 22, 4:04 AM
Superns18 said:
An amazing way to start off the decade:

Madoka

Eva

Heavens feel

Kimetsu no Yaiba

Tate no yuusha

Re zero

Tensei slime

Overlord

Most likely Konasuba

Danmachi

Zombieland saga

Promised neverland

Kaguya sama

Mushoku Tensei

Akira anime

Violet evergarden movie

Free!

Given film

Probably missing a lot but I’m just hyped.

You forgot Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru.

Oct 22, 4:30 AM

@Superns18

You were so pumped you forgot Made in Abyss and Shingeki no Kyogin LOL. AOT is the biggest thing for me next year, but I'm avidly awaiting more Promised Neverland, Overlord and Made in Abyss :D

I hope all these televisual spectaculars gives everyone here on MAL another good reason for living. Never give up hope and always believe in yourself :D

Oct 22, 4:32 AM

im most hyped for ofc haikyuu!!!! ^^

Oct 22, 4:33 AM
Setsuei said:
Every recent year has been packed with sequels lately, nothing new. Not sure how interested I am in Overlord after the last 2 seasons, but I may watch it out of pure habit or just to see if I'll like this next season better.

The one I'm looking forward to the most is Promised Neverland.

I think the year is a little special, because the final season of attack on titan will airing. Kaguya sama und Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru are both masterpieces of rom com, for slice of life fans like it's great. I also must ad that people wait four years for the next re zero season, so yes now they wait will end. That's a good feeling. It isn't the case that the other years were bad or something else, but we have in 2020 a great amount of titles before the year even starts, we have a great amount of titles that aren't announced in moment.

When asked it's this a great year for anime.
I will answer you " yes of course that is a great year"

Oct 22, 4:54 AM

not really tbh. I dont rlly care about most of those imo.

now im just worried ufotable doesn't fuck up on that last hf movie, they've been doing really well.

Oct 22, 4:57 AM

People say this about every year, sometimes even every season. No it's not going to be "packed", sure there are going to be sequels of popular franchises, but that doesn't mean anything. We have this thread every few months and it never turns out to be true.
"Most anime makers are basically autistic" - Hideaki Anno

Oct 23, 10:20 AM

ive been watching anime since the early 90s, imo anime has largely only gotten better. There are some obvious classic in the past, but anime has never been as entertaining in its art, pacing and style or as plentiful so I expect good things next year (also tons of shit, but what can you do - more anime means more trash as well).
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]