Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 19, 2019 1:52 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Seems this was announced today as well:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-10-19/utawarerumono-mask-of-truth-game-gets-anime/.152402

I mean I'd rather just get a PC port for the 2nd and 3rd game already but in the meantime I'll take this instead
Oct 19, 2019 7:17 AM

Oct 2017
bout damn time to get this anime adaptation, been waiting like for 4 years, but in the same time i never thought this get announced. Im soooooo excited!! xD
Oct 19, 2019 8:49 AM

Jul 2014
This is 3 years late, it's too late to promote the Visual so I hope they step up their game for the anime itself.

Also, we got a Futari no Hukoro anime before we got a fucking PC port.
Oct 19, 2019 8:59 AM

May 2017
Has been some time since i watched the first 2 series but i remember that i enjoyed them both.
Definitly looking forward to this one.

Oct 19, 2019 10:06 AM

Jan 2016
I'm glad but I wonder if they're just gonna ignore season 1 (mask of deception) because of how bad of an adaptation that is.

Funny thing is that I was just replaying Mask of truth on the vita so this is a very welcome anime adaptation.
Oct 19, 2019 8:22 PM

Oct 2010
FireFistYK said:
I'm glad but I wonder if they're just gonna ignore season 1 (mask of deception) because of how bad of an adaptation that is.

That's technically season 2.
Devil_Slayer said:
This is 3 years late, it's too late to promote the Visual so I hope they step up their game for the anime itself.

Also, we got a Futari no Hukoro anime before we got a fucking PC port.

They have a mobile game coming out soon, hype for the franchise = hype for the mobile game. I feel ya on the lack of PC version :(
Oct 19, 2019 8:27 PM

Dec 2010
So this is Mask of truth? If it is, that is awesome. Awesome fights incoming
Oct 19, 2019 8:40 PM

Aug 2015
bout time. about fricken time
Oct 19, 2019 9:05 PM

Jan 2013
i am hyped for more of Suara's music! :P

LeofardoVC said:
bout damn time to get this anime adaptation, been waiting like for 4 years, but in the same time i never thought this get announced. Im soooooo excited!! xD

at least we didnt have to wait 10 years this time around LOL
Oct 19, 2019 9:06 PM

Dec 2013
Better late than ever, super excited about it.

dannymilk said:

I see you're a man of culture as well.
Oct 19, 2019 9:23 PM

Sep 2016
Oh, it finally got announced!

When S2 came basically right after the game, and then nothing about the 3rd game, I got worried.

I just hope this will be more like S1, I really loved that season, and not with cringy fanservice and starting slow for half the episodes to then rush the ending like S2.

FullyChargedOct 19, 2019 10:18 PM
bruh
Oct 19, 2019 9:54 PM

Jan 2013
KanameYuuki said:

dannymilk said:

I see you're a man of culture as well.

that woman’s voice is beautifully amazing. so classic and modern at the same time...very underrated artist
Oct 20, 2019 12:59 AM
MALClient dev

Oct 2015
I need more かな! Quite surprised but happy with the announcement :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9axbC0_-Oc
I made Windows 10 and Android MALClient apps! Source!
Oct 20, 2019 2:34 AM

Dec 2009
I was really worried we were gonna be stuck with Itsuwari no Kamen's hype cliffhanger... but with this i'm very much relieved we are going to be able to see the saga's conclusion in animation. I don't play the games, so the presence of the anime is my primary means of seeing the story.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 20, 2019 5:38 AM
Sep 2013
How are they going to deal with the mess they created for themself? In the VN vurai isn't dead and it was Kuon who woke Haku up, both were fucked in the anime. They als basically murdered Rulutiehs personality and she's one of the characters that suffers the most at the beginning of Mask of Truth.
Oct 20, 2019 6:23 AM
Apr 2013
I need some help here...so will this season be an actual continuation of season 1?

I haven't seen Itsuwara no Kamen yet, mainly because it seems like there are completely different characters from season 1 which I enjoyed. If not, then I guess I'll have to check out Itsuwara no Kamen
Oct 20, 2019 6:39 AM

Mar 2013
I'm really glad it didn't take another decade.
Oct 20, 2019 6:41 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
xXMasterwolfXx said:
I barely remember what happened in S2...I need a refresher lol
Oct 20, 2019 6:56 AM

Mar 2013
KingNyrd said:
I need some help here...so will this season be an actual continuation of season 1?

I haven't seen Itsuwara no Kamen yet, mainly because it seems like there are completely different characters from season 1 which I enjoyed. If not, then I guess I'll have to check out Itsuwara no Kamen

Itsuwara no Kamen and this are the sequels. It takes place 15 years after the events of the first Utawarerumono on another continent.

For better reference
Oct 20, 2019 6:58 AM

Mar 2013
Tokoya said:
xXMasterwolfXx said:
I barely remember what happened in S2...I need a refresher lol

In all honesty, after 3-4 years, I do as well.
Oct 20, 2019 7:05 AM
Apr 2013
xXMasterwolfXx said:
KingNyrd said:

Itsuwara no Kamen and this are the sequels. It takes place 15 years after the events of the first Utawarerumono on another continent.

For better reference

Ok that helps. Maybe I will check it out and hope it explains how Hakuroro wound up there and what happened with the previous cast. Thanks a lot
Oct 20, 2019 10:36 AM

Sep 2013
i dont play the game, but hype for this sequel. Hope Kuon back with taneda risa as her VA.
Oct 20, 2019 3:05 PM

Feb 2010
HaXXspetten said:
Seems this was announced today as well:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-10-19/utawarerumono-mask-of-truth-game-gets-anime/.152402

I mean I'd rather just get a PC port for the 2nd and 3rd game already but in the meantime I'll take this instead

sony has a tendency to hold onto Ip's they get with an iron grip.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 21, 2019 9:09 PM

Sep 2015
Seeing the disappointment of adaptation that was the first part, I do not expect anything from this. Who has the opportunity play the games that are in English thanks to Atlus.
Oct 22, 2019 6:57 AM

Sep 2014
Was a nice surprise to see this in notifications, just hope it'll do a better job than Itsuwari no Kamen...
Oct 22, 2019 10:33 AM
Dec 2017
I loved season one but season 2 was eh. Hope this one is good
Oct 23, 2019 5:20 AM

Feb 2012
I only watched Itsuwari no Kamen but I gave it an 8 at the time. I seem to remember quite enjoying it. I'll obviously give this one a try. I hope it follows on from the previous one.
Oct 24, 2019 9:09 AM
Jun 2015
let's hope it is come from same studio like prequel and it didn't cut too much. honestly, as vn reader this is hard to get adapted in many ways. first it have 3 big arc while i'm not sure that they can do it very well with 26 episode. let me explain it

first arc is about to regain back yamato, trust me it is not easy because if they adapt war event too much they only make "anime watcher only" get confused but if they adapt slice of life event too much they only make vn reader said "where is the war event you fucker". not only that, in this war event it have many parts equal to amount of main heroines (except kuon) and that is very long too. if they can't do well in this first arc, it means they fail to adapt it no matter what, i mean this is important for later arc. and not only that, this arc is have dramatic scene that "you must see no matter what". if they cut it then it mean the studio and director is incompetence.

second arc is about retrace technology to restore humanity from being tatari to human again. this arc is complex and not easy to adapt too. you miss or skip one event it is equal to you ruin the process itself unless they create new process like what happen to rewrite S1. in this second arc, skipping battle scene is optional but if they skip it then it means they make "a certain of character" become cheap clown. wow, as vn reader i don't want that happen

third arc is about new generation. after what happen to second arc, now we meet more bizarre phenomenon that are close to utawarerumono world setting. did you still remember what happen to utawarerumono ending that are still unresolved? yes you will meet it again in this arc but with more unreasonable development. in this arc, skip = miss event no matter what. honestly, this arc is more shorter than previous one but it is not easy to butcher and ignore it. this arc is equal to first arc, because it is more dramatic especially when "you get near to the prologue of ending"

with these kind of obstacles, it is impossible to make it in 26 episode. if they want to have minimal adaptation quality then they must do 40-45 episode. but if they want "standard adaptation" quality with maximal "dramatic scene" then they must do 56 episode. trust me, adapting big arc is not same to adapting one volume from LN/WN because big arc is equal to several minor arc where minor arc have a collection of chapter
Nov 6, 2019 6:36 PM

Feb 2011
Very interested!

Nov 10, 2019 3:16 PM

Aug 2008
I just hope it will be like first season, not like that pile of horrid shit season two was. Fucking hell, it was Darker than Black all over again. If you can't do a good sequel, don't do it at all. If I see people from S2 working on it, I'm out of here.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 14, 2019 1:01 PM

Feb 2009
I hope it picks up what season 1 left us with, season 2 was boring, had boring characters and boring character development - not to speak of the horrible main character that could never replace best guy Hakuoru. I dropped season 2 after 14 episodes just to pick it up now to finish it which seems more like a chore to me just so i am up to date for season 3.
It reallly pains me what Season 2 did to Utawarerumono, since the first season was my first 10/10 anime i ever watched, which i rewatched 3 or 4 times.
Nov 19, 2019 8:53 AM

Jan 2016
Arcos said:
I hope it picks up what season 1 left us with, season 2 was boring, had boring characters and boring character development - not to speak of the horrible main character that could never replace best guy Hakuoru. I dropped season 2 after 14 episodes just to pick it up now to finish it which seems more like a chore to me just so i am up to date for season 3.
It reallly pains me what Season 2 did to Utawarerumono, since the first season was my first 10/10 anime i ever watched, which i rewatched 3 or 4 times.

If they can do a good job adapting this , season 1 won't even come to close to it. Mask of truth is the 2nd best visual novel I've ever played and is a darn masterpiece and Haku is the best protagonist ever

Sad that you think of mask of deception like this but I guess that's what a bad Anime adaptation does
Dec 24, 2019 6:41 PM
Mar 2014
OMG I can't believe I only just saw this, thank the maker, praise the lord
Jan 6, 2020 2:46 PM
Dec 2013
good news. PC port is coming Jan 23:https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-01-06/utawarerumono-mask-of-deception-utawarerumono-mask-of-truth-games-launch-on-pc-via-steam-on-january-23/.155072

The remake: Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen is also coming later this year.

Feb 6, 2020 6:32 PM

Jan 2016
How the hell are they going to adapt a 50 hour VN with minimal slice of life when they couldn't even adapt the second game. MoD was around 25 hour and they butchered it.

I hope they ignore all the stupid original stuff they did in MoD adaptation. Ruined Nekone, ruined Rululieth, ruined Atuy character.
Mar 3, 2020 12:20 AM
Mar 2018
Season 2 was WAY better then season one, here is to hoping it is a continuation of season 2 and not 1, Haku way better MC
Mar 24, 2020 3:14 PM

Jan 2016
melton80 said:
Season 2 was WAY better then season one, here is to hoping it is a continuation of season 2 and not 1, Haku way better MC

Season 2 is a direct continuation of season 1 so this will be a continuation of season 2. But yea, Haku is my favorite VN MC of all time and Utawarerumono is by far my favorite visual novel of all time so this is gonna be amazing if they're able to make a good anime adaptation this time around, which I highly doubt
Oct 23, 2020 5:03 AM
Nov 2017
Arcos said:

I just went and searched the title for this new season and it is a continuation of season 2. I haven’t watched season 1 since it’s not on Hulu, CR, or Netflix so I guess I lucked out on it being a sequel to the second season
Oct 23, 2020 5:05 AM
Nov 2017
FireFistYK said:
melton80 said:

Season 2 is a direct continuation of season 1 so this will be a continuation of season 2. But yea, Haku is my favorite VN MC of all time and Utawarerumono is by far my favorite visual novel of all time so this is gonna be amazing if they're able to make a good anime adaptation this time around, which I highly doubt
from looking at how long it takes to beat the game I’m not sure how there going to compress 80+ hours into 13-26 episodes whatever they choose but I just want to see Haku and Kuon back together and once I watch season 1 I’d like to see the two MCs from that show back together as well since I know how it ended
Oct 23, 2020 6:47 AM
Jun 2015
L-Mo-Reppin said:
FireFistYK said:

from looking at how long it takes to beat the game I’m not sure how there going to compress 80+ hours into 13-26 episodes whatever they choose but I just want to see Haku and Kuon back together and once I watch season 1 I’d like to see the two MCs from that show back together as well since I know how it ended

aquaplus have plan to make anime adaptation of futari no hakuoro but after see the news about haku voice actor, well i don't think they can continue the project. like, it is possible to do it without the voice actor because they can just take the voice file from the game and place it to anime scene where haku talk but it is really hard work and more time cost than record new voice. it is better to play or watch it on youtube, because at least they have been finished it than wait for anime adaptation
Oct 23, 2020 6:56 AM
Nov 2017
Rizki_Diablo said:
L-Mo-Reppin said:

aquaplus have plan to make anime adaptation of futari no hakuoro but after see the news about haku voice actor, well i don't think they can continue the project. like, it is possible to do it without the voice actor because they can just take the voice file from the game and place it to anime scene where haku talk but it is really hard work and more time cost than record new voice. it is better to play or watch it on youtube, because at least they have been finished it than wait for anime adaptation

Oh so the va situation happened after the anime was announced so I might not even go watch the first season then tbh. I just wanted the romantic ending that I knew was coming

More topics from this board

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Futari no Hakuoro Episode 28 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2022

36 by Howlesh »»
Feb 17, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Futari no Hakuoro Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2022

14 by Vyse_Sohma »»
Sep 25, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Futari no Hakuoro Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2022

9 by Vyse_Sohma »»
Aug 13, 2023 1:41 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Futari no Hakuoro Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2022

9 by Vyse_Sohma »»
Jul 30, 2023 7:10 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Futari no Hakuoro Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2022

9 by Vyse_Sohma »»
Jun 25, 2023 1:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.