New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 21, 2019 2:28 PM

May 2018
Hummm, my best guess is onaji sekai.
Oct 21, 2019 2:35 PM

Mar 2012
Gymkata said:
I'd be game for more of any of these: cyberpunk, police procedurals, space, mecha, realistic romance

Something good ?!
Keep dreaming ! :p
Oct 22, 2019 5:48 AM
Jul 2018
gender bender anime.. one can hope.
Oct 22, 2019 10:52 AM

Dec 2015
Fario-P said:
Kurgo said:
So long as we don't get stuff in the Yuasa style and any kind whatsoever of zombie fad yet again, I don't care, anything else is game.

I'm not necessarily asking for more weird-looking anime or more of Yuasa's style, it's just that I've been noticing that kind of thing in a couple of recent anime so I'm just predicting that people will want (or want to make) more like it.
I've barely watched any of his work, only mentioned him cuz his name has been popping up a lot due to Devilman Crybaby and his style is really frickin weird, but people like it anyway.

holysauron said:

I've never seen anything by Yuasa but based on artstyle alone I'm in. How popular is he in Japan though?

Actually, I don't know how popular he is in Japan. All I know is that I've been seeing his name on anime a lot lately.
First I heard of Devilman Crybaby (which just blew up in popularity), then I hear of some of his movies like Lu Over the Wall and Ride of Wave here and there, and now I hear he's working on an anime about making anime coming next year (which looks and sounds like my kind of thing).
He also apparently has a lot of people following him on Twitter, so I'm pretty sure he has some amount of presence.

side note: i hope you know that the pics i provided aren't anime done by Yuasa (to my limited knowledge anyway). they're just examples of the kind of "abstract-looking anime" that i was describing.
i'm sure it's obvious from the first pic i put that i want to see more like Akiyuki Shinbo's style rather than Yuasa's style

I don't know about SHAFT style because as much as I love it I don't think other studios will be able to do it justice. But I wouldn't mind more experimental anime in general, and I mean in both artstyle/direction as in stories.
Oct 22, 2019 11:05 AM
Jul 2019
EratiK said:
I'm hoping cyberpunk will make a return at some point.

Cyberpunk and sci fi in general will be great. I would to watch something like Steins gate, some psychological sci fi were very nice or nice cyberpunk world like blade runner. But not like psycho pass more like ghost in shell.
Oct 22, 2019 11:15 AM
Jul 2019
Paulo_Goncalves said:
There are a lot of older people watching anime. I believe they will also focus on anime for people in their 20's and 30's. This season you've got Babylon, Psycho-Pass 3, Keishichou Tokumubu Tokushu Kyouakuhan Taisakushitsu Dainanaka: Tokunana, No Guns Life and Kabukichou Sherlock are for older audiance if will. IF they are good or not that's not relevant per se.

But i like the about film noir/cop/sci fi/cyperpunk/detective trend it would be more interesting as the isekai trend and has place for lot of cool plot lines.

Some examples : Blade Runner, ghost in shell, watchmen, sherlock

Film noir(this includes cyberpunk) and detective stories are pretty great for dark and complex settings.
Oct 22, 2019 11:46 PM
Apr 2019
fleurmorbide said:

So true. Did you watch Astra Lost in Space? If no, I can't say any more except to watch at least 3 episodes (I think that's how long it takes) What they do I think is sensitively done. Which is rare. :D
Oct 23, 2019 12:03 AM

Mar 2012
Tough to say, The isekai trend had been around long before it boomed, it just a few specific shows managed to produce high results which in turn let it to become more main stream, A lot of genres have went trough different periods of being in trend largely thanks to succesful shows of that genre that boosted it , Mecha, Moe, Space Opera, Dark Magical Girls etc, i guess it would depend if there is another major successful series that is outside of the genre.

I feel that maybe there might be a revival of the Space/ Sci-Fi genre considering the isekai has trended so much that people would feel the opposite, Astra Lost in Space was one standout series this year that showed that there is an intrest and potential in them, even more by the fact that soon the space age will be revived with new moon missions, deep space stations, astro mining, Space tourism and eventual colonization and than mars mission, so we could see something like that much like there were so many sci fi shows back in the 70's early 80's
Oct 23, 2019 2:15 AM

May 2018
-ShadowClaw- said:
even more by the fact that soon the space age will be revived with new moon missions, deep space stations, astro mining, Space tourism and eventual colonization and than mars mission

Yeah, I think it's kind of too early for colonization of Mars - it's too cold there, the gravitation is too weak for long stays, the soil is toxic and the radiation is too high (thus shielded domеs or living underground).
Not to mention that we still don't have the technology to send people there and return them safely.
Oct 23, 2019 2:25 AM

Mar 2012
alshu said:
-ShadowClaw- said:
even more by the fact that soon the space age will be revived with new moon missions, deep space stations, astro mining, Space tourism and eventual colonization and than mars mission

Yeah, I think it's kind of too early for colonization of Mars - it's too cold there, the gravitation is too weak for long stays, the soil is toxic and the radiation is too high (thus shielded domеs or living underground).
Not to mention that we still don't have the technology to send people there and return them safely.

you do know i said eventually right? By colonization i meant more for the moon, the next two decades the majoty of the space agenzy plan tp revist the moon and start the first steller body colonization there and than set up shop to mission to mars and by mission i meant go there and comeback, i never ment that mars will be colonized so soon, that is still decades away.
Oct 23, 2019 3:59 AM

May 2018
-ShadowClaw- said:
i meant more for the moon

Not very suitable too...more like for mining/exploitation.

There was an article about realistic forecasts for colonisation of the Solar System - not very good.
We must care for our natural habitat and manage to live on Earth at least for millennium or two...and this is the most optimistic result which also account for new technologies we can get in foreseeable future.
No easy ways like - mess with Earth, terraform another planet, mess with it too, terraform yet another ect.
alshuOct 23, 2019 4:06 AM
Oct 23, 2019 4:11 AM

Apr 2011
endynyp said:
fleurmorbide said:

So true. Did you watch Astra Lost in Space? If no, I can't say any more except to watch at least 3 episodes (I think that's how long it takes) What they do I think is sensitively done. Which is rare. :D

Carole and Tuesday featured a “condition” on mars that changes ones gender or something like that. and it had genderfluid characters (not sure if I'm using the term correclty).
Oct 23, 2019 6:59 AM
May 2009
I personally want more comedy slice of life shows.
Less 3 Min episode series. Atleast make it 12mins.
Oct 23, 2019 7:37 AM

Feb 2018
Shows with stupid long ass titles getting even longer titles

Oct 23, 2019 7:56 AM
Oct 2018
Somehow chineese manhuwa or smth like Solo Leveling made into an anime
Oct 23, 2019 8:03 AM
Oct 2016
I think anime will get even more meta in the near future.
I think this works good enough as a signature.
Oct 23, 2019 11:41 AM
Jul 2018
endynyp said:
fleurmorbide said:

Nope i didn't.. but i'll make sure to watch it hahaha
Oct 23, 2019 12:12 PM
Jun 2019
Yea...to be honest i love isekai anime alot as of right now and i dont really want it to leave but since u say 5 years i think that would be quite the time..so i can say it would change..but as long as its not completely removed im happy with any new genre as long as its good..
Oct 23, 2019 9:46 PM

Mar 2016
Hopefully it'll be something a bit more engaging
Oct 23, 2019 10:54 PM

May 2019
Native isekai like Goblin Slayer and DanMachi.
Oct 24, 2019 12:20 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
With Babylon, No Guns Life and Psycho-Pass 3 in a single season, I'd gladly accept even more of the "darker" thriller/sci-fi series in the future. I'm not sure how well-received they are and if they're popular enough to start a new trend, but it'd be a trend to my liking.

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Oct 24, 2019 12:23 AM

Aug 2016
don´t know, but I hope we get more survivals.
:v
Oct 24, 2019 3:00 AM
May 2018
I think episodic romantic comedies will be next trend, especially due to the popularity of series like Takagi-san and Kaguya-sama and the much awaited adaptation of Komi-san, Nagataro-san and Anjou-san.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2019 12:13 PM

Nov 2008
Full CG anime is the next trend, as much as I can't stand this for most anime, it could mean the return of mecha anime as even now, mecha anime is heavily reliant on CG.

Oct 24, 2019 12:37 PM

Aug 2017
New and more irritating shounens. I bet this will be a trend because it sells a lot easier and it sells a lot more.

easy money easy money...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ _Open to criticism._ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oct 24, 2019 2:04 PM
Jan 2009
More 24-epi. (Weekly) original anime (At least 3 each season) would be nice, particularly original harem anime!
Oct 25, 2019 12:46 AM
Jul 2018
Average dark anime with many seasons
Oct 25, 2019 1:15 AM

Apr 2015
Blade-Fang-Kaori said:
I love isekai anime but I really curious about the next anime trend after Isekai. Hmm..maybe in 5 years later we will be have a new anime trends.

In your opinion, what is the potential new trend after Isekai?
i hate isekai as its ruining japan wn n ln, n probably anime next.

But anyway as someone who follow manga n webnovel trend, i really hate to say this but after all this isekai crap, BL/gay n mature borderline hentai will be the next garbage trending genre.

Hopefully Spy x Family will be released as anime at that time n will be my savior to not lose hope for anime.
lswarmrulerOct 25, 2019 1:25 AM

Try reading Spy x Family Manga ^_^
U will love it, i promise...
Oct 28, 2019 3:13 AM

Apr 2011
After stumbling upon many articles about adapting different Shonen Ai/Yaoi manga into Anime in 2020, I believe it could be the next trend... hard to believe but still.
Well I have no complaints at least.

Maybe this years Given could be a catalyst like SAO was for Isekai.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - 22 minutes ago

7 by TheMechaManiac »»
46 seconds ago

» Can someone help me find this anime's name?

Angelblue1852 - 46 minutes ago

1 by TheGoProGamer »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Yesterday

30 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
4 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men?

Alpha_1_Zero - 7 hours ago

40 by deg »»
7 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9064 by Caplix »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.