Forum Settings
Forums

'Gakuen Alice' Manga Author Launches New Series

New
Oct 18, 2019 1:13 PM

Mar 2013

Manga author Tachibana Higuchi launched a new manga series titled Champignon no Majo (Champignon Witch) on the Manga Park app on Friday. New chapters will be published on October 19 and 20, with following chapters to be released on a weekly schedule.

Tachibana is most notable for her shoujo manga Gakuen Alice. It was serialized in Hakusensha's Hana to Yume magazine between 2003 and 2013. During its time with the magazine, the series released a total of 31 compiled volumes. A 26-episode anime adaptation produced by Group TAC premiered in Fall 2004.

Some of her earlier works include Swan Lake that was published in 1999 and the six-volume M to N no Shouzou that serialized in Hana to Yume magazine between 2000 and 2002.

Tokyopop licensed the Gakuen Alice manga series for North American release between 2008 and 2011, releasing 16 of the 31 planned volumes before the company went defunct. Its anime adaptation was also released in North America in 2009, following Right Stuf's acquisition of the series the previous year. The anime series was re-released in North America as a complete collection in 2016. Four volumes of M to N no Shouzou saw a North American release by Tokyopop between 2010 and 2011, under the title Portrait of M & N.

Manga Park is a smartphone app released by Hakusensha that features all of their manga series. The app was released in 2017 and is available on both Android and iOS. Hakusensha also launched the Manga Park W app earlier this year. It is currently available in Kenya and Nigeria, with plans to expand into more African countries to prevent pirated copies to be spread in the region.

Source: Comic Natalie
Sakana-sanOct 18, 2019 1:27 PM
Oct 18, 2019 2:21 PM

Nov 2007
God, I wish we got a full adaptation of Gakuen Alice. The manga was so damn good! One of the best manga I have read transcending the shoujo demography. More fans should read this masterpiece (No, not the anime).
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 18, 2019 6:13 PM

Aug 2012
Oohh! I'll definitely check it out! I really love her art style.

I am still extremely upset that the rest of the volumes of Gakuen Alice haven't been published in English. I really don't want to read the rest online because all the wording is different than the official releases. =( But I guess I'll have to though. I really want to read through this series all the way to the end. It's just so good TT
Oct 18, 2019 7:03 PM

Jan 2015
Cool now license Gakuen Alice for a new English release >:(

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

37 by rasscryu »»
12 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
8 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
11 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.