Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 17, 2019 7:05 PM

Oct 2019
Harro, so lately i find myself re watching heartbreaking anime such as clannad, shigatsu wa kimi no uso, kimi no suizou wo tabetai, and pretty much any anime that breaks me. BUT IT'S NOT ENOUGH!!
I'm a very sensitive person so i'm looking for any recommendations y'all got there similar to those examples (? i want to cry myself to sleep (don't judge me). Tears of joy or tears of pain, doesn't matter, hit me with the best you got, ples ;-;
(Also i'm new so idk if this should be posted here or there's a sub-categorie just for recommendations, sorry)(pd2 sorry for bad engrish)

Oct 17, 2019 7:47 PM

Feb 2018
I recommend you 3-gatsu no Lion dude, if you have not seen it yet, I think you will like it
Oct 17, 2019 8:11 PM

Jan 2019
I completely agree with you man; sometimes I just feel like a good cry. :) Your Lie in April had me breaking down a week after I had watched it. If you’re looking for more, I would try A Silent Voice - it’s an incredible movie with a really powerful message and the ending is so sweet (I cry every time). Also, Fruits Basket might be up your alley; it may seem light hearted at first glance but, trust me, I just watched the first season of the 2019 version and I was tearing up during the opening theme. From just the first episode I could tell it was going to be much deeper and more heartfelt than I was anticipating.

Lastly, if you’re up for the challenge, the Mother’s Rosario arc of SAO had me crying my eyes out. It isn’t until the latter part of the second season, but SAO is an awesome show anyway if you’re into action/sci-fi/fantasy stuff.
Oct 17, 2019 8:18 PM

May 2009
shows known for their touching moments or otherwise strong (in a way that induces crying) emotions

Angel Beats
Charlotte
Plastic Memories
A Silent Voice
Planetarian
Kyoukai no Kanata
Kowarekake no Orgel
La Maison en Petits Cubes

shows not primarily famous for their touching moments but nevertheless having strongly emotional scenes

Eureka Seven
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
Vivid Strike
Arpeggio of Blue Steel
Kiddy Grade
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Black Bullet
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de aru

"outside" picks

Hyperdimension Neptunia
Rinne no Lagrange
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Oct 17, 2019 8:45 PM
Mar 2019
Honey and Clover is the perfect bittersweet anime, you will cry and laugh a lot.

Kanon and Air form a "spiritual trilogy" along with Clannad (they are all based on visual novels from the same company). I haven't watch any of those shows, but i think they have a similar vibe.

Grave of the Fireflies and "Now and Then, Here and There", are very depressing, specially the first one. Banana Fish, mostly because the ending i think.

And that's it from me. Ironically, Legend of galactic heroes is the only show that made me cry (im the exact opposite of you, i never cry with movies/shows. Is not like i cannot feel the emotions, is just that i dont cry) but does not fit with what you want
Oct 17, 2019 8:46 PM

Apr 2014
These are the animes that made me cry :

• Air
  • Boku dake inai machi (Erased)
  • Charlotte
  • Little Busters!
  • Akame ga Kill! (+fighting)
  • Anohana
  • Hal *Movie
  • Hotaru no Haka *Movie
  • Madoka Magica (thriller, psychological, +fighting)
  • Orange (shoujo, romance)
  • Violet Evergarden
  • Yakusoku no Neverland (thriller, psychological)

I hope this helps..
Signature of three years-or-so was removed

here's my new one

Thank you and have a nice day, everyone.
Oct 17, 2019 11:10 PM

Feb 2019
Watch white album 2, it's similar to those anime you mentioned.
Oct 18, 2019 12:15 AM

Jan 2018
Not an anime but.. If you want to cry read the Deep Love manga series T_T Feels bad man!
A treasure the color of the rainbow, the color of happiness
Oct 18, 2019 1:22 AM

Oct 2008
ef:A Tale of Melodies/A Tale of Memories
Made in abyss
Shinsekai yori
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Shitteiru
H2O footprints in the sand
Saishuu Heiki Kanojo
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru
Haibane Renmei
Elfen Lied
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Chaos Dragon
Kodomo no Jikan

And others

Have fun crying your eyes out.
Oct 18, 2019 1:33 AM

May 2018
You have Clannad in favorites but still haven't watched Air and Kanon. Just do it immediately

Oct 18, 2019 1:46 AM

Sep 2019
Not sure what's more pitiful here: the fact that you're crying as a man or the fact that you're crying to anime. Regardless, you need to get your shit together expeditiously.

I am a god

Even though I'm a man of god

My whole life in the hand of god

So y'all better quit playing with god

Oct 18, 2019 2:07 AM

May 2014
Thread moved from Anime Discussion
Oct 18, 2019 6:34 AM

Oct 2019
cythraul said:

This is the third time people recommend me this anime, might start with this one lol

Oct 18, 2019 6:42 AM

Oct 2019
cythraul said:

wait, do i need to watch a prequel? white album 1 perhaps? idk

Oct 18, 2019 6:43 AM

Feb 2019
Rak-Senpai said:
cythraul said:

Nope, they are totally different entities
Oct 18, 2019 6:45 AM

Oct 2019
Jokah said:
Not sure what's more pitiful here: the fact that you're crying as a man or the fact that you're crying to anime. Regardless, you need to get your shit together expeditiously.

Yea, i guess ur rite :c, i mean, fuk all of them peeps cryin over movies n whatnot amirite?

Oct 18, 2019 6:46 AM

Oct 2019
cythraul said:
Rak-Senpai said:

Nope, they are totally different entities

On it boss, ty! might check this one out tonight

Oct 18, 2019 6:49 AM

Oct 2019
riamisu said:
These are the animes that made me cry :

• Air
  • Boku dake inai machi (Erased)
  • Charlotte
  • Little Busters!
  • Akame ga Kill! (+fighting)
  • Anohana
  • Hal *Movie
  • Hotaru no Haka *Movie
  • Madoka Magica (thriller, psychological, +fighting)
  • Orange (shoujo, romance)
  • Violet Evergarden
  • Yakusoku no Neverland (thriller, psychological)

I hope this helps..

IT DIDN'T, I WATCHED ALL OF THESE, jk *3* i always skipped orange and little busters, are those really worth?

Oct 18, 2019 9:26 AM

Sep 2019
Rak-Senpai said:
Jokah said:

Yea, i guess ur rite :c, i mean, fuk all of them peeps cryin over movies n whatnot amirite?
You don't cry if you're a man, period. Be it over movies, people or whatever. No exceptions. Especially not over some stupid little cartoon.

I am a god

Even though I'm a man of god

My whole life in the hand of god

So y'all better quit playing with god

Oct 18, 2019 10:21 AM
Feb 2014
I recommend these from personal experience:

Most recommended:

Alps Monogatari: Watashi no Annette

Fruits Basket

Full Moon wo Sagashite

Kobato

Shin Shirayuki-hime Densetsu Prétear

Versailles no Bara

Other recommended anime which also have teajerking scenes:

07-Ghost

Bungou Stray Dogs(The second season is the reason basically)

Donten ni Warau

Jigoku Shoujo

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi

Karneval

Mawaru Penguindrum

Nanatsu no Umi no Tico

Shoukoku no Altair

Tegamibachi + the sequel Tegamibachi Reverse

Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Oct 18, 2019 12:28 PM

May 2019
Well, you've already watched most of the ones I'd recommend off the top of my head, but here's some other ones I enjoyed that can get fairly emotional.

• Egao no Daika
  • Granbelm (more action focused but fuck the S U F F E R I N G gets real)
  • Idolmaster Xenoglossia
  • Love Live Sunshine (I'm not shitting you with this one)
  • Martian Successor Nadesico (more comedy focused initially but gets real af later on)
  • Ginsoukikou Ordian (another one that doesn't really hit emotionally until about halfway through, but it hits HARD once it does)
  • Macross (the original and Macross F mostly)
  • Assorted Gundam series (I recommend 0080, Turn A, and Victory for max feels)
  • Mugen no Ryvius
  • Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight
  • Soukyuu no Fafner
  • Space Battleship Yamato remakes (2199 and 2202)
  • The Big O
  • Zankyou no Terror
  • Zegapain

Also I haven't watched them yet, but I've heard Zambot 3 and Space Runaway Ideon are super dark and depressing, so those may be up your alley as well
Oct 18, 2019 12:45 PM
Oct 2019
Hotaru no haka, also called Grave of the fireflies. A legendary movie especially because of what you are looking for. Might work perfectly for you.
Oct 18, 2019 1:03 PM

May 2019
Also Armored Trooper VOTOMS: Shining Heresy, Alone Again, and Phantom Arc (in that order). Although you'll need to watch the main Armored Trooper VOTOMS series first for them to really hit right. It's still a good show, but more kinda campy and intrigue based 80s action than anything else, the OVAs are where the feels are at. Case;Irvine is a standalone that gets pretty real tho, you could watch that before the show, just don't expect the main thing to be like that.

Another one I forgot to mention is Aura Battler Dunbine, but really any series by Yoshiyuki Tomino before (and including) Turn A Gundam is feels af. Everything after is still worth watching, but its more campy fun (like Overman King Gainer) or packs a lot of content into a shorter runtime than it should've been (like Wings of Rean and Gundam: Reconguista in G)
Oct 18, 2019 2:13 PM

Oct 2019
t
Dauphine said:
I recommend these from personal experience:

Most recommended:

Alps Monogatari: Watashi no Annette

Fruits Basket

Full Moon wo Sagashite

Kobato

Shin Shirayuki-hime Densetsu Prétear

Versailles no Bara

Other recommended anime which also have teajerking scenes:

07-Ghost

Bungou Stray Dogs(The second season is the reason basically)

Donten ni Warau

Jigoku Shoujo

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi

Karneval

Mawaru Penguindrum

Nanatsu no Umi no Tico

Shoukoku no Altair

Tegamibachi + the sequel Tegamibachi Reverse

Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo

this looks promising, ty for the list!

Oct 18, 2019 2:14 PM

Oct 2019
FinalReality56 said:
Well, you've already watched most of the ones I'd recommend off the top of my head, but here's some other ones I enjoyed that can get fairly emotional.

• Egao no Daika
  • Granbelm (more action focused but fuck the S U F F E R I N G gets real)
  • Idolmaster Xenoglossia
  • Love Live Sunshine (I'm not shitting you with this one)
  • Martian Successor Nadesico (more comedy focused initially but gets real af later on)
  • Ginsoukikou Ordian (another one that doesn't really hit emotionally until about halfway through, but it hits HARD once it does)
  • Macross (the original and Macross F mostly)
  • Assorted Gundam series (I recommend 0080, Turn A, and Victory for max feels)
  • Mugen no Ryvius
  • Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight
  • Soukyuu no Fafner
  • Space Battleship Yamato remakes (2199 and 2202)
  • The Big O
  • Zankyou no Terror
  • Zegapain

Also I haven't watched them yet, but I've heard Zambot 3 and Space Runaway Ideon are super dark and depressing, so those may be up your alley as well

YAAAAASSSSSSSS on it boss, ty!

Oct 18, 2019 2:14 PM

Oct 2014
Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan - Tsuioku-hen -- Own and re-watched it many times: still hit like a wall of bricks every time. God-tier OST like this track.

Oniisama e -- Left me a vacant-eyed husk.

I'll throw in a couple of happy tears ones (for recovery purposes):

Girls und Panzer -- Man, those post-battle celebrations...

Both: (more happy than sad)

Maria-sama ga Miteru -- 2nd and 4th seasons especially but all four have their moments. When Kana Ueda's voice breaks in some scenes it's contagious.

So Ra No Wo To

Endorsements:

+1 Haibane Renmei
+0.75 Nana
+ 0.5 Rose of Versailles -- Tragic but there was no surprise so it was muted sadness
-1 White Album (since you're adding scores...) or +1 for School Days-style rage tears maybe, but at least School Days had a fist-pump of justice ending to it -- this one I felt robbed.
8oomerOct 18, 2019 2:41 PM
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Oct 18, 2019 3:47 PM

Aug 2013
I'd say watch Tokyo Godfathers, it's only a movie but it's incredibly emotional. It also has an extremely positive message.

Also Little Busters! is worth if you liked Angel beats!. It has the same extreme emotional roller-coaster that leaves you rolling on the floor laughing in an episode and crying your heart in the next one.
Hell i found myself laughing when I didn't even finish to cry more than once.
Oct 18, 2019 4:08 PM
Oct 2019
8oomer said:
Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan - Tsuioku-hen -- Own and re-watched it many times: still hit like a wall of bricks every time. God-tier OST like this track.

Oniisama e -- Left me a vacant-eyed husk.

I'll throw in a couple of happy tears ones (for recovery purposes):

Girls und Panzer -- Man, those post-battle celebrations...

Both: (more happy than sad)

Maria-sama ga Miteru -- 2nd and 4th seasons especially but all four have their moments. When Kana Ueda's voice breaks in some scenes it's contagious.

So Ra No Wo To

Endorsements:

+1 Haibane Renmei
+0.75 Nana
+ 0.5 Rose of Versailles -- Tragic but there was no surprise so it was muted sadness
-1 White Album (since you're adding scores...) or +1 for School Days-style rage tears maybe, but at least School Days had a fist-pump of justice ending to it -- this one I felt robbed.

Haibane Renmei? Well, I guess it has some moments that qualify but it's not really focused on provoking feelings.
Oct 18, 2019 5:58 PM

Oct 2014
BasicallyAnybody said:

Haibane Renmei? Well, I guess it has some moments that qualify but it's not really focused on provoking feelings.
Its zieek's view that it's worth a look and I happen to agree. Why are you nitpicking? We're not trolling the OP.

If you want to discuss a particular show there's Anime Discussion or the title's own subforum, doing it here just ends up derailing somebody's request thread.
8oomerOct 18, 2019 6:04 PM
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Oct 18, 2019 6:06 PM

Oct 2019
8oomer said:
BasicallyAnybody said:

Its zieek's view that it's worth a look and I happen to agree. Why are you nitpicking? We're not trolling the OP.

If you want to discuss a particular show there's Anime Discussion or the title's own subforum, doing it here just ends up derailing somebody's request thread.

OOOOOOOOO TURN DOWN FOR WAT

Oct 18, 2019 6:23 PM
Aug 2013
Gantz
Inuyashiki
91 days
Parasyte
Tokyo ghoul
Owari no seraph
Kimetsu no yaiba
K project
Akame ga kill
Cowboy bebop
Berserk (the original)
Attack on titan
Koutetsujou no kabaneri
Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood
One piece
Naruto
Jojo's bizarre adventure series
Zankyou no terror
Phantom requiem
Pokemon movie
Re:zero
Kizumonogatari
Zombieland saga
Shigurui
~AnimeDownUnder~

More topics from this board

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - Yesterday

8 by Wakarimas-en »»
58 minutes ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - 1 hour ago

0 by MeZaDefined »»
1 hour ago

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - Today

3 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
1 hour ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

70 by Meline0102 »»
2 hours ago

» 150 Chapters Manhwa/Manhua

Nizalich - Apr 21

3 by duchessliz87 »»
Today, 5:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.