Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 28, 2008 8:54 AM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
That...was suprising... Never would have thought that Shinji was one of the captains, as well as Love
Mar 28, 2008 10:27 AM

Nov 2007
Holy crap kubo surely did good on this one, I was literally screamin OMG OMG OMG while reading.It's gonna be awesome to know how Aizen turned evil :3
Mar 28, 2008 10:28 AM

Feb 2008
Yeah! I never thought that the VIZARDS are once the captain of SS a century ago?! What made them Vizards? I think it is not a BIG COINCIDENCE. They're all in the higher ranks and now, they're super Vizards? I think Urahara did something that made him also exiled to the real world. Arghh, this is getting interesting and surprising. Can't wait for the next chapter!

BTW, the 11th Div. Captain doesn't show up right? The 10th Kenpachi? Do you think it was Zaraki? I think not. I'm expecting that it will be Kurosaki Isshin. LOL! Hahahaha!

COME ON! SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL!
Mar 28, 2008 10:39 AM

Feb 2008
Fapman said:
Holy crap kubo surely did good on this one, I was literally screamin OMG OMG OMG while reading.

Lol, so was I, I almost fell outta my bed when I saw Shinji there, lol. Way too awesome, they're like all there and then 100 years later, they're Vizards. Awesome!
Mar 28, 2008 10:49 AM

Nov 2007
I actually wont be suprised if Isshin shows up, but that would be maybe to awesome.
Mar 28, 2008 10:54 AM

Apr 2007
This chapter was kickass, I loved how Kubo just revealed this background story. Keep at it!
Mar 28, 2008 11:06 AM

Jan 2007
yay, some background story thats actually really interesting. very much looking forward to the upcoming weeks.
Mar 28, 2008 11:21 AM

Oct 2007
0____0 WOW

totally surprised to see them two in soul society! but really like the chapter and get an inisght of the past XD

looking forward to the next chapter :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2008 11:41 AM

Aug 2007
ahhh flashbacks!
wow they're really old and wow hirako is a captain would've never guessed that. I cant wait for the next chapter!
Mar 28, 2008 11:45 AM

Oct 2007
Fapman said:
Holy crap kubo surely did good on this one, I was literally screamin OMG OMG OMG while reading.

Same here!!! I was also going OMG OMG, YEA that is COOL!!!

garywafu said:
BTW, the 11th Div. Captain doesn't show up right? The 10th Kenpachi? Do you think it was Zaraki? I think not. I'm expecting that it will be Kurosaki Isshin. LOL! Hahahaha!

That is no laughing matter, i thought something similar! Looking at how Ichigo is pure power, his father would probably be similar!!! :P

Faust721 said:
yay, some background story thats actually really interesting. very much looking forward to the upcoming weeks.
Mar 28, 2008 12:03 PM

Mar 2008
OMG What a great chapter! And Shinji, that was a surprise XD

Mar 28, 2008 12:11 PM

May 2007

garywafu said:

Interesting.. But as Zaraki got to his position as captain of 11 division by killing the previous one, would that mean that Zaraki "killed" Isshin?
Mar 28, 2008 12:14 PM

Feb 2008
Fapman said:
I actually wont be suprised if Isshin shows up, but that would be maybe to awesome.

I was totally waiting for him to show up, but I think i would have had a heart attack if he really showed up.

Nostalgia said:
Awesome. I'm surprised that no one wrote anything about Shinji had LONG hair :D

XXD This chapter simply rocks!

zed said:

garywafu said:

Interesting.. But as Zaraki got to his position as captain of 11 division by killing the previous one, would that mean that Zaraki "killed" Isshin?

Maybe Isshin was before that captain who was killed by Zaraki ^^
Mar 28, 2008 12:20 PM

Jan 2008
Am I the only one not surprised at all that Shinji was a captain? I mean, why else would he have been so strong? I'm just surprised that Aizen was his fukutaichou. I'm surprised to hear about the Zero Division, too.
D&D Club

Because my sig making skills are non-existant.
Mar 28, 2008 12:23 PM

May 2007
Urahara Kisuke!!

This is definitely a nice change in pace needed from the norm. I'm now actually looking forward to seeing what has happened in the past to make all these guys Vizards and how Urahara got alienated.
Mar 28, 2008 12:25 PM

Oct 2007
Tonka17 said:
zed said:

garywafu said:

I though the same thing.
Isshin left, we got a new 11th division captain, who in turn was killed by Zaraki!
Mar 28, 2008 12:37 PM

Jan 2008
Friendlysoul said:
Tonka17 said:
zed said:

garywafu said:

I though the same thing.
Isshin left, we got a new 11th division captain, who in turn was killed by Zaraki!

Nah, I think Isshin was part of the Zero Division. I don't know why else his captain's haori would've looked the way it did. Either that, or he's like Ichigo. He was human and became a shinigami.

Either way, according to Urahara, Isshin was a shinigami only 20 years ago, so it was fairly recent that he left. And him being in the Zero Division or being like Ichigo would explain why noone else seems to know about him being a shinigami, especially Rukia.
D&D Club

Mar 28, 2008 1:07 PM

May 2007
This is not chp 316.
This is chp -108.

Chp 316 will be released when the manga gets back to its original story, which is around June.

For anyone who doesn't know yet - Bleach is now in its "Gaiden" chps, just like when Naruto had its "Kakashi Gaiden" thing. Do not consider this as chp 316 plz~.

As for the actual chp: Well, I already read the spoiler and I was discussing it all week long since Monday. XD All I really have left to say is that I love Shinji and that Ukitake looks so hawt when he's young. =]]

Mar 28, 2008 2:06 PM

Jan 2008
NoyaChan said:
Ukitake looks so hawt when he's young. =]]

The pony tail looked great on him.
D&D Club

Mar 28, 2008 2:06 PM

Dec 2007
Shinji as a captain... even if he's a kickass Vizard now, I can't say I was expecting that. Love and Rose, we've never seen them fight so of course I couldn't have expected that. I wonder in what division Hiyori is.

But the greatest thing about this chapter is getting to see Urahara as a captain. And apparently his personality has been the same for centuries. xD

Heh.. I had no idea that Unohana was part of the original guard.

ichikiba said:
Friendlysoul said:
Tonka17 said:
zed said:

garywafu said:

I though the same thing.

Nah, I think Isshin was part of the Zero Division. I don't know why else his captain's haori would've looked the way it did. Either that, or he's like Ichigo. He was human and became a shinigami.

Either way, according to Urahara, Isshin was a shinigami only 20 years ago, so it was fairly recent that he left. And him being in the Zero Division or being like Ichigo would explain why noone else seems to know about him being a shinigami, especially Rukia.
Totally agree on that. Everyone was forgetting the fact that Isshin left Soul Society barely 20 years ago. But it seems Urahara knew about him, and it's been kind of implied that Aizen does too, so I wonder if he really was part of the Zero Division.
Mar 28, 2008 2:20 PM

Nov 2007
Good chapter.
Finally some background info on my favorite people.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Mar 28, 2008 2:20 PM

Mar 2008
If Isshin was a member of the Zero Division, then I wonder how he met Urahara Kisuke.
Mar 28, 2008 2:23 PM

Jan 2008
Seiko said:
If Isshin was a member of the Zero Division, then I wonder how he met Urahara Kisuke.

In the living world, probably.
D&D Club

Mar 28, 2008 2:29 PM

Nov 2007
This chapter Shattered my universe.
Urahara made me Giddy.
StephanBlackhawkMar 28, 2008 2:34 PM
sad
Mar 28, 2008 2:32 PM

Jan 2008
I lol'd when I read this chapter. Mainly because they showed how everyone use to be. I'm starting to want to know more about Unohana. Even Kyoraku seems to be afraid of her, and he doesn't even act scared of Yamamoto. Plus the fact that they said she's one of the oldest Captains. Liked it, but didn't love it just for the fact that it was a let down not being able to see what's going on with Ichigo and the others.
Mar 28, 2008 2:58 PM

Feb 2008
ichikiba said:

Ooh yeah, I forgot about the Zero Division. It's very possible that Isshin was in it. Well, it doesn't matter which division he was in, as long as we see him in these chapters =D
Mar 28, 2008 3:04 PM
Jun 2007
Amazing chapter. its been a long time since I was this excited about Bleach. I can't wait for the next one.

this backstory really got me interested. in the last century, at least century, at least 4 Captains were exiled from SS. it got me thinking if Aizen was somehow involved in those events. back then, he showed signs of being ambitious.

I guess I was mistaken about Squad 0. I thought that they were a division that moved from the shadows and the Gotei 13 were unaware of their existence. Regarding Isshin, I also think that he's a member of Squad 0 and he is its Captain. I think that the former 12th Squad Capt. Hikifune, was a major player in the events of 100 years ago.

FenixAiur said:
Totally agree on that. Everyone was forgetting the fact that Isshin left Soul Society barely 20 years ago. But it seems Urahara knew about him, and it's been kind of implied that Aizen does too, so I wonder if he really was part of the Zero Division.

Isn't it 20 years ago since he was in his Shinigami form? I don't remember them mentioning that he left SS 20 years ago.
avrcMar 28, 2008 4:45 PM
Mar 28, 2008 3:37 PM

Sep 2007
ohohoho Aizen is still an evil man even back in his vice captain days eh?
Mar 28, 2008 4:34 PM

Jan 2008
Ooo! Backup stories!
Mar 28, 2008 4:38 PM

Apr 2007
Nice chapter; good to see some Vizard backstory.
Mar 28, 2008 4:52 PM
Sep 2007
wohooo awesome backstory!
Hi
Mar 28, 2008 5:32 PM

Jan 2008
Interesting chapter!

So Vizard have 4 former captains of SS?

Mar 28, 2008 5:34 PM

Dec 2007
Yeah. This is Bleach in shape which I like. Slow, but interesting creation of plot, accelerating step by step. It's good thing after Hueco Mundo arc which was overall disappointing in my opinion.
NoyaChan said:

This is not chp 316.
This is chp -108.

Chp 316 will be released when the manga gets back to its original story, which is around June.

For anyone who doesn't know yet - Bleach is now in its "Gaiden" chps, just like when Naruto had its "Kakashi Gaiden" thing. Do not consider this as chp 316 plz~.
I know what's the point. But to Manga List it is consequentive chapter, so 316. If someone turns name of topic with title that you proposed, another one will create other topic because he didn't know that and that would be a mess. My suggestion is to change it in hand(if its possible) to "Bleach Chapter 316/-108 Discussion".
PutyMar 28, 2008 5:37 PM

Mar 28, 2008 6:06 PM

Feb 2007
It's great to see some interesting backstory. The next few chapters are going to be exciting, and a lot of answers are definitely going to be revealed.
Mar 28, 2008 7:48 PM

May 2006
That was certainly surprising. Shinji and Hiyori just don't seem to fit in there to me, they're way too childish :p

Mar 28, 2008 9:12 PM

Jun 2007
That was such a ZOMG chapter! we can now see why is aizen such an evil person~ i would like to see the previews kenpachi i guess hes the one zaraki killed Also Urahara looks so cool when he was young :3 i wonder if the story of how he and yoruichi met will be shown to us
Mar 28, 2008 11:08 PM

Feb 2008
my mind just imploded
Mar 29, 2008 3:56 AM

Feb 2008
new chapter is just awesome especially hiyori and shinji parts (jezz is the shit lol)

can't wait to see how hiyori interacts with urahara cause they're taichou and fukutaichou and all...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2008 6:47 AM

Dec 2007
Wow .. I'm confused @__@

Amazing chapter, once again .. Kubo keeps surprising me. I want to know more about division 0 *w*
And Urahara captain ftw <3
Mar 29, 2008 9:59 AM

Dec 2007
I hope that in opposition to Naruto, this Gaiden will be a part of anime.

Mar 29, 2008 10:15 AM

May 2007
Puty said:

Oooh, I have no idea, but I think that they HAVE to put these chps into the anime because they have alot of information that watchers need to know to understand the later happenings. :0
Like for example if Aizen and Shinji meet in a fight (I'm soo waiting for this. x3)

Mar 29, 2008 1:32 PM

Dec 2007
NoyaChan said:

Like for example if Aizen and Shinji meet in a fight (I'm soo waiting for this. x3)

Ha ha! I've been thinking about the same thing xD. I mean, when that happens in anime, instead of thinking: "What the hell?! How Hirako knows Aizen?!" We'll think: "It's payback time, you bastard" ^^.
PutyMar 29, 2008 1:35 PM

Mar 29, 2008 9:49 PM

Oct 2007
goood chapter!!
finally, some good solid meat to the story....

to be honest, i wasnt ready to go back to kurakura town to see more battles....
i like plot and good history =D

i think well learn all about urahara's banishment, how shinji and co became vizards, more about isshin, how aizen became evil...
and i also have a feeling we will learn more about quincys... because they werent almost extinct back then. cuz we still have ishida and his DAD our there.
Apr 1, 2008 7:09 PM

Jan 2008
Puty said:

Actually, I'd heard that the anime is going into filler episodes again. They even posted the character designs on the official site.
Apr 1, 2008 7:41 PM
Apr 4, 2008 11:40 PM

Feb 2008
Again, please change the topic title to Bleach Chapter -108 Discussion

To avoid confusion on the future. Thanks! ^_^ (I wish I was a mod, lol!)

--- And yeah, I'm voting for it that Isshin is on the Zero division. XD
Apr 5, 2008 6:00 AM

Aug 2007
Though the battle in Karakura is dragged yet again... I like this chapter. :)

Dec 10, 2008 5:39 AM

Nov 2008
As for the special chapters - they are the most awesome part of Bleach since Rukia's imprisonment! I enjoyed every page of them, and everything told there is so special and very very interesting <3 Urahara, Yoruichi are amazing a bit even more than always! Tessai is sexy xD I can't wait anime series for this minisaga!

As for chapter 316, Ulquiorra+Orihime pairing (certainly there will be Spanish guitar playing in anime for this scene ^^) is most remarkable for me.

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Dec 20, 2009 2:27 PM

Jul 2009
Wow This is awesome. Glad to leave Heuco for a minute for a worthy flashback. Vizards were cptains, Great job Kubo!^_^ yeah and more Urahara and Yoruichi! can't wait.
May 6, 2010 6:37 PM

Aug 2008
Okay since everyone messed up the numbers and no one knows where to put some stuff... I'll write down my opinion for Chapter 316, not -108 here and leave the -108 in it's place like 11 chapters ago....

So the the ld Ymamoto got all pissed since h asaw that damned Aizen again and decided to use his Sword special powers right off the bat, pulling put who knows what and looks like they have managed to lock up the poor Aizen in a fire cage for a while until someone comes and saves him or he decided to use his zanpakutou from the inside.... Damn damn just another warm up chappie....

And so the Gotei 13 will fight against the Espadas!!! Who's the strongest??? tark? Hallibel or Barragan? I think no. one is Starky and 2 is the good ol' Barragan...

Yeh I could also hear some Spanish guitars playing on the background there hahahaha... There's a load of stuff enough material for a Orihime + Ulquiorra ship XD That wouldn't be a bad idea imo! hahaha

Signs,
Green
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Yesterday, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.