Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
#1
Oct 17, 2019 8:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 65
I've never seen an episode of Nanatsu in my life, which you can probably guess from my anime list, I'm genuinely curious to know why the score has dropped this badly on this new season though, the other season consistently averaged around 8.20, dropping from that to this is pretty bad.
Modified by Apricck, Oct 17, 2019 10:30 AM
.....
 
#2
Oct 17, 2019 9:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 17
Apricck said:
I've never seen an episode of Nanatsu in my life, which you can probably guess from my anime list, I'm genuinely curious to know why the score has dropped this badly on this new season though, the other season consistently averaged around 8.20, dropping from that to this is pretty bad.


Nanatsu no Taizai is very close to my heart. However, kamigami no gekirin so far just hasn't been quite as good as imashime no fukkatsu. I'm not a manga reader, so it might also have to do with the source material, but the quality of the animation has also drastically decreased from the previous season. (As an interjection, I was never that bothered by the change of the studio in OPM S2). The studio changed from A1 to Deen which mostly explains the change in this regard.

A few subjective opinions without explanations:
- The first episode was a bit stale and didn't really build much tension.
- Opening was mediocre, visually weakish, audibly a bit better. Had higher expectations from Uverworld, especially for this show. The previous ones have been great.
- Ending was actually great 4/5
- The second episode... somehow still lacked the passion, especially with the art. There's no way around it.
- New tracks of the OST were great, as expected from Sawano

6.78 is pretty darn low imo, too. Is it a deserved rating? Well, I wouldn't rate this series higher than 8 atm even with a bit biased vote(while my average rating in MAL is around 8,5 and at least 9 for the earlier seasons of this)
 
#3
Oct 17, 2019 9:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 999
Realistic score for Nanatsu no Taizai honestly
 
#4
Oct 17, 2019 10:11 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 5802
It is extremely underrated

I think people hated 1st epsiode because it was mostly filler and had cesnorship (white blood), but this was fixed in 2nd episode with red blood again.

I don't see big difference between this season and previous season. The score should be same or slightly lower at most. It seems some blind haters are just giving it 1/10 because of few things they did not like in 1st episode
 
#5
Oct 17, 2019 10:28 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 2
I really liked season 1 and 2, gave both of them a 9, but the first episode of this season really disappointed me. I had no idea about the studio change until after I watched the first episode and had to google why the show seemed so visually similar but off in all other aspects. The pacing was off, there was pointless filler inserted and most of all the censorship annoyed me (Really? White blood? Did the studio think this show was for children or something?). So i gave it a 5 and decided to drop it until the season was over and a uncensored version comes out.
 
#6
Oct 17, 2019 10:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 65
Tista said:
I don't know what are you talking about, a score of 6.78 ain't bad by any means. It's above 6.5 therefore means it was good a show, for most users who rated it. What? Did you expected this to reach 9.00 or what? Cause it's too bad of a show to reach that score anyways.
It is pretty bad by MAL standards, most people here don't use a score below 5 so 6.78 isn't great.
.....
 
#7
Oct 17, 2019 12:18 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 11
P1ker1 said:
Apricck said:
I've never seen an episode of Nanatsu in my life, which you can probably guess from my anime list, I'm genuinely curious to know why the score has dropped this badly on this new season though, the other season consistently averaged around 8.20, dropping from that to this is pretty bad.


Nanatsu no Taizai is very close to my heart. However, kamigami no gekirin so far just hasn't been quite as good as imashime no fukkatsu. I'm not a manga reader, so it might also have to do with the source material, but the quality of the animation has also drastically decreased from the previous season. (As an interjection, I was never that bothered by the change of the studio in OPM S2). The studio changed from A1 to Deen which mostly explains the change in this regard.

A few subjective opinions without explanations:
- The first episode was a bit stale and didn't really build much tension.
- Opening was mediocre, visually weakish, audibly a bit better. Had higher expectations from Uverworld, especially for this show. The previous ones have been great.
- Ending was actually great 4/5
- The second episode... somehow still lacked the passion, especially with the art. There's no way around it.
- New tracks of the OST were great, as expected from Sawano

6.78 is pretty darn low imo, too. Is it a deserved rating? Well, I wouldn't rate this series higher than 8 atm even with a bit biased vote(while my average rating in MAL is around 8,5 and at least 9 for the earlier seasons of this)


my hero academia season 4 episode 1 was no better with the content, just some previously on the hero academy and its already a 8.30
 
#8
Oct 17, 2019 12:21 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 1
why does it look so bad
Modified by xjansonsfrestele, Oct 17, 2019 2:17 PM
 
#9
Oct 17, 2019 12:36 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 84
People are still taking ratings seriously lol
 
Oct 17, 2019 12:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 41
thepath said:
It is extremely underrated

I think people hated 1st epsiode because it was mostly filler and had cesnorship (white blood), but this was fixed in 2nd episode with red blood again.

I don't see big difference between this season and previous season. The score should be same or slightly lower at most. It seems some blind haters are just giving it 1/10 because of few things they did not like in 1st episode


It wasn't fixed. There was still white blood in the end lol
 
Oct 17, 2019 3:07 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 35
I don't know why people are acting like the score isn't deserved. Compared to the last seasons so far this one is crap. The show never had much substance but the hype fights with decent animation still made it entertaining. Now it's just regular trash.
 
Oct 17, 2019 6:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 554
Dariat said:
People are still taking ratings seriously lol
yeah another thread about score. just how many fucking time does mods have to lock this type of thread?
 
Oct 17, 2019 7:24 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 21
Tista said:
I don't know what are you talking about, a score of 6.78 ain't bad by any means. It's above 6.5 therefore means it was good a show, for most users who rated it. What? Did you expected this to reach 9.00 or what? Cause it's too bad of a show to reach that score anyways.


Personally I'd only consider shows that are 8.0+ to be worth watching.
 
Oct 17, 2019 8:15 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 15
Yeah... kind of... This season animation is horrifying but not as that bad, it still deserves at least 7-8
 
Oct 18, 2019 2:38 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 2
To be honest, I've always felt the show is overrated. If anything, the current rating is a bit high imo. Everything is average at best with nothing really driving it, aside from the usual shounen/action genre that appeals to a large audience.

Here are a few problems:
1. Animation has always been a 4-6 at best.
2. In the 3 seasons we've seen (around 55 eps+), I'm yet to find any character development.
3. Characters are a little on the dull side; by no means boring but they are cliche and so one-dimensional
3. Music; they have a few good soundtracks, but they're so over staurated and the rest are bad
4. It has *many* problems the power levels, too many to even broadly explain, but for example, Meliodas, Diane and Ban struggle against Guila (whose power level is 400, whilst there's is a total of 9000+) - and don't say they were going easy, if they were, that's just shit writing.
5. Story writing isn't anything particularly amazing.
 
Oct 18, 2019 3:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 21
Ppl kinda overreacting with the change in studios. Besides the white blood and that one sad punch that meliodas gave in the first episode, the art has been the same as ever. Maybe a couple of things has slipped past me but animation was never been nantsu no taizai's strong point. Quality of the plot at the start of season 3 is the same as the ending of season 2. S2 was wack in my opinion but it it got good ratings. Plot-wise, the score of s3 rlly shouldn't be far off.

 
Oct 18, 2019 3:05 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 2555
The quality of the show has drop significantly so naturally the score reflects that.

👑 Ice Queen 👑

私はあなたのお気にいりのハローに、そして一番難しいグッバイになりたいです。
🧊
 
Oct 18, 2019 3:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 12922
Apricck said:
Tista said:
I don't know what are you talking about, a score of 6.78 ain't bad by any means. It's above 6.5 therefore means it was good a show, for most users who rated it. What? Did you expected this to reach 9.00 or what? Cause it's too bad of a show to reach that score anyways.
It is pretty bad by MAL standards, most people here don't use a score below 5 so 6.78 isn't great.

Exactly. The majority here use 7 as average, so anything below would be considered quite bad. MAL rates high. It's rather strange to not know this.
 
Oct 18, 2019 4:03 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 3
mayzoom said:
To be honest, I've always felt the show is overrated. If anything, the current rating is a bit high imo. Everything is average at best with nothing really driving it, aside from the usual shounen/action genre that appeals to a large audience.

Here are a few problems:
1. Animation has always been a 4-6 at best.
2. In the 3 seasons we've seen (around 55 eps+), I'm yet to find any character development.
3. Characters are a little on the dull side; by no means boring but they are cliche and so one-dimensional
3. Music; they have a few good soundtracks, but they're so over staurated and the rest are bad
4. It has *many* problems the power levels, too many to even broadly explain, but for example, Meliodas, Diane and Ban struggle against Guila (whose power level is 400, whilst there's is a total of 9000+) - and don't say they were going easy, if they were, that's just shit writing.
5. Story writing isn't anything particularly amazing.


Why do you watch it if it suck so bad? Is it just so you can come to the forums and act like a superior dickhead?

So many douchebags for just one thread.
 
Oct 19, 2019 8:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 164
Scores don't mean much since the day Demon Slayer got almost a 9/10.
 
Oct 19, 2019 10:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 348
Mesektet said:
Why do you watch it if it suck so bad? Is it just so you can come to the forums and act like a superior dickhead?

So many douchebags for just one thread.

Saying "if you think that ... show is so bad, then why are you still watching it" went out of style.
 
Oct 19, 2019 3:30 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 3800
Okay Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Just let me know what are the names/affiliation of imbeciles who ruined the series adaptation. I desire to know our enemy.
Re:formed
 
Oct 20, 2019 4:29 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 3
I think it's dumb of people to judge an entire series yet, while there are only 2 episodes. I will look at the score more seriously when they have completely watched the entire season andthen evaluated it.
 
Oct 20, 2019 7:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 65
Nycro said:
Scores don't mean much since the day Demon Slayer got almost a 9/10.
What's this supposed to mean? Kimetsu no Yaiba is a great show. It's the best show I watched since Fullmetal Alchemist
 
Oct 20, 2019 11:51 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 9
P1ker1 said:
Nanatsu no Taizai is very close to my heart. However, kamigami no gekirin so far just hasn't been quite as good as imashime no fukkatsu.


'So far'? Wtf are you talking about?? There has been only one episode (WOW ACTUALLY TWO!?) There is nothing to rate here
 
Oct 20, 2019 3:38 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 116
Only 2 episodes and people are already forming opinions on the whole season.
 
Oct 20, 2019 6:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 561
Just enjoy the show if you truly like it and stop caring about other people´s opinion.

That being said, Nanatsu is between bad to mediocre, plus the bad animation and cum-censorship. Of course it will have a bad rate.
 
Oct 20, 2019 7:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 1723
Inb4 this gets locked.

The reason people are mad is because the Action animation isn't as good anymore. Along with them adding too much filler and censorshuip to the first episode.

It is a Shame A1-Pictures couldn't keep this show since it was Probably one of the only anime I liked from that studio.

"The more popular an anime becomes, the larger the fan base becomes. The larger the fan base becomes, the more weirdos are in the fan base. The more weirdos with louder voices..." -NuxTaku, 2019


 
Oct 21, 2019 11:41 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 5549
Guifnogueira said:
thepath said:
It is extremely underrated

I think people hated 1st epsiode because it was mostly filler and had cesnorship (white blood), but this was fixed in 2nd episode with red blood again.

I don't see big difference between this season and previous season. The score should be same or slightly lower at most. It seems some blind haters are just giving it 1/10 because of few things they did not like in 1st episode


It wasn't fixed. There was still white blood in the end lol

And there will be white blood until it get's released officially on international Netflix. TV Tokyo is now broadcaster and they have strict rules for daytime anime.
Afloo said:
It is a Shame A1-Pictures couldn't keep this show since it was Probably one of the only anime I liked from that studio.

It's partially their fault that movie flopped and Aniplex didn't want to continue with it anymore.
 
Oct 22, 2019 10:38 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 24
Re_Steiner said:
I really liked season 1 and 2, gave both of them a 9, but the first episode of this season really disappointed me. I had no idea about the studio change until after I watched the first episode and had to google why the show seemed so visually similar but off in all other aspects. The pacing was off, there was pointless filler inserted and most of all the censorship annoyed me (Really? White blood? Did the studio think this show was for children or something?). So i gave it a 5 and decided to drop it until the season was over and a uncensored version comes out.
people are only annoyed about 1st ep.but I think it can improve later on since it had everyone's expectations really high before the release.
 
Oct 22, 2019 2:01 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 2
Mesektet said:
mayzoom said:
To be honest, I've always felt the show is overrated. If anything, the current rating is a bit high imo. Everything is average at best with nothing really driving it, aside from the usual shounen/action genre that appeals to a large audience.

Here are a few problems:
1. Animation has always been a 4-6 at best.
2. In the 3 seasons we've seen (around 55 eps+), I'm yet to find any character development.
3. Characters are a little on the dull side; by no means boring but they are cliche and so one-dimensional
3. Music; they have a few good soundtracks, but they're so over staurated and the rest are bad
4. It has *many* problems the power levels, too many to even broadly explain, but for example, Meliodas, Diane and Ban struggle against Guila (whose power level is 400, whilst there's is a total of 9000+) - and don't say they were going easy, if they were, that's just shit writing.
5. Story writing isn't anything particularly amazing.


Why do you watch it if it suck so bad? Is it just so you can come to the forums and act like a superior dickhead?

So many douchebags for just one thread.


Or... now bear with me, it could be because one of my friends recommended it? He said the first season was great, I watched it. It was alright, then i watched S2, could've been better. I don't particularly hate it, nor do i want to, i still watch it if im free in hopes that it will improve. I just don't see why people orgasm over it. It's alright, but not really something that stands out. Now, if you like it, that's fine but if you think its revolutionary, then im sorry you havent seen any good anime.
Modified by mayzoom, Oct 22, 2019 2:05 PM
 
Oct 22, 2019 3:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 181
zeus-faber said:
Nycro said:
Scores don't mean much since the day Demon Slayer got almost a 9/10.
What's this supposed to mean? Kimetsu no Yaiba is a great show. It's the best show I watched since Fullmetal Alchemist


it means he has an opinion that differs from yours
 
Oct 22, 2019 5:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 474
dont take mal ratings serious tbh... too many offended salty kids.
 
Oct 22, 2019 9:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 24
of course, if people think the quality of the show compared to the other seasons dropped, the score would also drop. not to mention the censorship and the filler first ep. second ep was a bit better.
 
Oct 22, 2019 9:40 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 1
The point is first episode is bad i know it make sense buttttttt the second episode is freakin better than the first episode. Just watch it.
And btw dont rate an anime by watching only 1 episode
 
Nov 13, 2019 10:04 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 263
zeus-faber said:
Nycro said:
Scores don't mean much since the day Demon Slayer got almost a 9/10.
What's this supposed to mean? Kimetsu no Yaiba is a great show. It's the best show I watched since Fullmetal Alchemist
Looool Calm down my friend don't go that far
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Dec 9, 2019 3:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 257
zeus-faber said:
Nycro said:
Scores don't mean much since the day Demon Slayer got almost a 9/10.
What's this supposed to mean? Kimetsu no Yaiba is a great show. It's the best show I watched since Fullmetal Alchemist


Scores on MAL is Futile and serves no purpose , JP scores are the only ones that matters while anything Westenzied and sites done by the Wests are nothing more than their own opinion another way to call it Headcanon scores
Modified by AmeliaNeston2003, Dec 9, 2019 3:12 AM
 
Dec 9, 2019 3:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 257
Nycro said:
Scores don't mean much since the day Demon Slayer got almost a 9/10.


Agreed I've nothing against Demon Slayer but the scores here are just Western Headcanon scores , JP scores is the only ones that matters while the overseas scores are futile
 
Dec 9, 2019 11:52 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 50
"People hate anime because they censor blood".
It's the biggest stupidity I read, typical of a person who refuses to accept an opinion because they say ugly things about their favorite anime.

The drawings are ugly, the redesigns of the characters are square, in scenes like "the gathering of capital sins" you can see that sometimes OST is missing, the jokes are poorly told, the fights have very ugly frame breaks, in the last episode It is seen that King changed clothes from one scene to another ...

And let's not mention the plot errors, how is it possible for Diana to escape from zeldris? His commandment makes it impossible for you to turn your back.
That is just one of the many mistakes you have.

And in the final sequence of the opening, the sacred treasure of escanor is poorly drawn.

Terrible...
 
Dec 9, 2019 12:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 599
Andres_creig said:
"People hate anime because they censor blood".
It's the biggest stupidity I read, typical of a person who refuses to accept an opinion because they say ugly things about their favorite anime.

The drawings are ugly, the redesigns of the characters are square, in scenes like "the gathering of capital sins" you can see that sometimes OST is missing, the jokes are poorly told, the fights have very ugly frame breaks, in the last episode It is seen that King changed clothes from one scene to another ...

And let's not mention the plot errors, how is it possible for Diana to escape from zeldris? His commandment makes it impossible for you to turn your back.
That is just one of the many mistakes you have.

And in the final sequence of the opening, the sacred treasure of escanor is poorly drawn.

Terrible...



And even more.
Even with a good animation Nanatsu no Taizai was an horrible shonen. For me the animation isn"t the biggest problem here. More the casting or the scenario.
 
Dec 9, 2019 12:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 677
The show just fell off, we don't need all this filler and backstory, they changed studio who just fucked shit up. I never thought I would of dropped this show after the end of the second season however the recent few episodes I was watching as a chore instead of enjoying it.
 
Dec 10, 2019 5:47 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 256
A lot of people just blame the studio, even though the manga is also shit. The author just dragged everything without any foreshadowing, just put another problem to make a profit. Just look at the discussion of the newest chapter in manga.

Also, it already goes down when the manga decided to make 'war arcs'. It's the most incosistent war arc I have evee seen and of course the most horrible. The last good thing about this series is where Diane and King went to the past, after that, it's shit.
 
Dec 12, 2019 12:22 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 257
mohrip said:
A lot of people just blame the studio, even though the manga is also shit. The author just dragged everything without any foreshadowing, just put another problem to make a profit. Just look at the discussion of the newest chapter in manga.

Also, it already goes down when the manga decided to make 'war arcs'. It's the most incosistent war arc I have evee seen and of course the most horrible. The last good thing about this series is where Diane and King went to the past, after that, it's shit.



I agree, i have seem alot of people complaining about the manga, sadly to see the author rushing the history like that making alot of plotholes :/
Buy Bitcoins and others cryptos, the great crisis is coming!
.
.
Also don't forget, taxation is theft!
 
Dec 12, 2019 12:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 6050
New studio is making a bad job adapting it, so it gets a lower score.
 
Dec 25, 2019 3:24 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 61
I've waited 12 episodes. and finally dropped it. They ruined it.that's one of the worst adaptaions ever.
The manga is way better, go read it folks.
 
Dec 25, 2019 7:50 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 5
"It's okay. it's only for 1 episode. I'm sure the animation will get better in every episode"
That's what people said after watched episode 1.
Then here I am on episode 12 still with the same issues, even worse.
 
Dec 25, 2019 8:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 246
will the version on netflix be different than the tv version ?
 
Dec 25, 2019 9:48 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 2
Very bad adapting from this studio, why A-1 picture take off this anime license draw??
 
Dec 25, 2019 11:39 AM
Kami-sama

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 3481
lasso_914 said:
I've waited 12 episodes. and finally dropped it. They ruined it.that's one of the worst adaptaions ever.
The manga is way better, go read it folks.


No it's not, it is generally acknowledged that the final arc is trash and basically everyone wants the manga to end already. If you think the manga is any better you're delusional, there is nothing of value left in Nanatsu anymore.
 
Dec 25, 2019 12:07 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 61
Hatsuyuki said:


No it's not, it is generally acknowledged that the final arc is trash and basically everyone wants the manga to end already. If you think the manga is any better you're delusional, there is nothing of value left in Nanatsu anymore.


I know of the latest arc and Nabaka is doing damage control right now, im speaking of the current arc being adapted right now in this season and what follows. the big reveal and bulid up to final arc.
This was great in the manga.
 
Top
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

Preview MangaManga Store