Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Oct 16, 2019 11:57 PM
I like Subaru because he's such a great character for me, I can sympathize with him. But the problem is that there are a lot of people who hate and despise him, and I know that sometimes he can only think of himself and he's also a little selfish, he has his flaws, but he also has a lot of good points as he always helps others, he's always optimistic no matter how much he suffers, he is also very loyal to his love.
so I just want to find someone who is also like him like me.
Modified by OumaShu23, Jan 31, 4:37 PM

Oct 17, 2019 1:40 AM

No your not the only one rem likes him too.

👑 Ice Queen 👑

私はあなたのお気にいりのハローに、そして一番難しいグッバイになりたいです。
🧊

Oct 18, 2019 9:50 AM

Xstasy said:
No your not the only one rem likes him too.

Wow that was deep
very much liked by me

Oct 18, 2019 9:57 AM

Have you ever heard of Emilia?

▲ ▲

«REVs»
«NP Games»
«Male/Female»
«Favorites (+Awards)»
"When We Let Evil Win, It Becomes Our Reality."

Oct 18, 2019 4:35 PM

He's one of my top MCs so yeah.

Oct 21, 2019 6:52 AM

He's on my favorite list so...

Jan 1, 7:25 PM
Subaru is a great character, he is brave, loyal, always kind to people, even if he turns them down, caring and he manages to engage with characters, even if they seem hostile to him, as with Ram when he told her the ogre story. He has realistic weaknesses that anyone would have if they were put in his situation. Sure, he can be stupid, but, most of all, he has a good heart and most of his mistakes come from his attempts to prove his worth and do the best that he can for his comrades. He isn't dense like most main characters and is sensitive to the feelings of those around him. I don't understand, at all, why anyone wouldn't like him.

Jan 3, 2:24 PM
Fav char here so you're not alone

Jan 25, 4:12 PM

I feel you on a spritual level.

He is my favorite character of all time and I'm actually surprised by the amount of ppl who hates him

Jan 26, 12:15 AM

He's one of my favorites so ur not alone ;)

Jan 28, 9:25 PM
he’s definitely hated on more than he should be. i like him and i feel like most of the people that judge him so harshly don’t give him enough sympathy for all the crap he’s been through. nobody would be the same cheerful loveable person they once were after experiencing everything he has. the fact that he can even get up and still fight to protect emilia, rem, etc. every time he restarts is more than i could say more myself if i were in his place.

Jan 30, 2:34 AM

I like him. Why do people hate on him tho? I don't know the reason.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 30, 2:49 AM

I'm in the middle with him. He has his moments.
Daft Punk is Love, Daft Punk is Life

Jan 30, 3:48 AM

He's alright. I'm watching the recap episodes now and he's pretty obnoxious even though they try contrasting his cliche hero mentality with psychological trauma. Though, I can't exactly remember how much he changes in the rest of the season so I'll come to a conclusion after.

Jan 30, 4:22 PM
I think I hated him for a while because I saw too much of myself on him. Once I realized that, and specially after ep 18, he became my favorite MC

Jan 30, 4:43 PM

Gab5 said:
Subaru is a great character, he is brave, loyal, always kind to people, even if he turns them down, caring and he manages to engage with characters, even if they seem hostile to him, as with Ram when he told her the ogre story. He has realistic weaknesses that anyone would have if they were put in his situation. Sure, he can be stupid, but, most of all, he has a good heart and most of his mistakes come from his attempts to prove his worth and do the best that he can for his comrades. He isn't dense like most main characters and is sensitive to the feelings of those around him. I don't understand, at all, why anyone wouldn't like him.

He is also boastful for the very same reason.

But, for me, his character is well written. There's more reason to like him than hate him ^^)

And not because all the crap he had gone through, but because, even though he is a bit pushy, he truly cares for others.
Modified by White_Hollow, Jan 31, 2:31 AM

ᶜᵃⁿ'ᵗ ʷᵃᶦᵗ ᶠᵒʳ ᴹᵃʲᵒ ⁿᵒ ᵀᵃᵇᶦᵗᵃᵇᶦ ᵃⁿᶦᵐᵉ ˣ⁾

Jan 30, 9:01 PM
ammvanilist said:
I think I hated him for a while because I saw too much of myself on him. Once I realized that, and specially after ep 18, he became my favorite MC

yeah when I first saw the anime I hated him a bit because he was a bit annoying and did a lot of stupid things, but after a while he became a better person and struggled for himself, and I can also empathize with him after what he went through
Modified by OumaShu23, Jan 31, 4:38 PM

Jan 31, 1:26 AM
White_Hollow said:
Gab5 said:

He is also boastful for the very same reason.

But, for me, his character is well written. There's more reason to like him than hate him ^^)

And not all the crap he had gone through, but because, even though he is a bit pushy, he truly cares for others.

Yes, as well as the mental and physical pain of dying, he's been tortured by seeing those close to him die in horrible ways. That would damage anyone's psyche. Especially because, as you say, he genuinely cares for others. Who else would care for someone who they remember killing them in a previous incarnation?

Feb 5, 2:11 AM
I find Subaru boring and annoying, in the last couple of episodes I started to like him a bit tho because he was less annoying and more heroic.

Feb 7, 8:03 AM
OumaShu23 said:
I like Subaru because he's such a great character for me, I can sympathize with him. But the problem is that there are a lot of people who hate and despise him, and I know that sometimes he can only think of himself and he's also a little selfish, he has his flaws, but he also has a lot of good points as he always helps others, he's always optimistic no matter how much he suffers, he is also very loyal to his love.
so I just want to find someone who is also like him like me.

He is great MC people just randomly hate him for bait and attentions.

Or just because not love rem, Other than that he is great MC very different than today modern standards over powered harem trash shit.

He keep thinking forward no matter how much pain and suffer he get.

Feb 7, 8:05 AM

I think Subaru was the best character in the series. His pride and character flaws distinguish him from most anime protagonists.

Feb 7, 11:41 AM

rohan121 said:
I think Subaru was the best character in the series. His pride and character flaws distinguish him from most anime protagonists.

and this "pride" will be his best thing when season 2 will air, just wait for it ;)

Feb 7, 1:44 PM
Rem likes him
So am I
🙂

Feb 16, 9:00 PM
I'm surprised he's still sane after all those deaths and restarts. And not just deaths, seeing most everyone he started to cared about ripped apart in front of him and he remembers each and every time.

Feb 16, 9:34 PM
Emillian said:
rohan121 said:

and this "pride" will be his best thing when season 2 will air, just wait for it ;)
Many fans don't know about 'Pride' thing, let them find out in S2 Lol

Feb 16, 9:37 PM

KindKiller said:
Emillian said:

Many fans don't know about 'Pride' thing, let them find out in S2 Lol

But of course they will ;)

Feb 16, 9:40 PM
I think Subaru is a great Character, especially considering the fact that MCs of Isekai are generally scumbags. He managed to not losing his mind, and his sanity even after suffering so much is something to be praised. Just because he rejected Rem isn't a reason good enough to hate Subaru, he loves Emilia and he just said that, what's wrong with that ? Subaru is one of the best Characters among various animes I've seen