Forum Settings
Forums

Which male-female duo out of these 3 did you like the most from the past 1 year?

New
Oct 16, 2019 12:37 PM

Oct 2018
So in the past one year in anime, I think it's safe to say these male-female duos have been the most popular ones.

So out of curiosity, which one among them did you like the most, putting aside your opinion about the anime itself?

I know there are probably other ones many of you like more, but I'm only interested in which one you'd choose from these 3.
-Aincrad-Oct 16, 2019 1:16 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 16, 2019 12:40 PM

Jun 2014
In really modern Anime, I'd say that Robby and Hacchi from "RobiHachi" make for an interesting duo. Robby is hilarious, and Hacchi is one sexy piece of ass.

If we go back 15 years, I'd say that the best duo was Cure Black & Cure White from "Futari wa Precure."

Edit: Oops, I think I misread the title of the thread. In that case, I have no answer.
_-_Sally_-_Oct 17, 2019 9:42 AM

Oct 16, 2019 12:46 PM

Jul 2017
This list is about as amazing as that one thread about best fight or whatever of 2019 and only gave 2 choices (1 from SnK and 1 from KnY)

I say Hyakkimaru and Dororo (if we're only talking about this year), because they pretty much complete each other

That or Atsushi and Kyouka because dur hur ships

From that list though, only actual good one is Sakuta and Mai (that is, until their arc finishes). Naofumi and Raphtalia is only good until the harem starts forming, and Tanjiro and Nezuko was kinda just....there
Oct 16, 2019 12:48 PM

Jul 2016
Personally even if we're only talking about last year i think Takagi and Nishikata from Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san are better duo than the other 3 options.

If we talk about in general i really like Holo and Lawrence from Ookami to Koushinryou ( Spice & wolf) or Araragi and Sengogahara from the Monogatari series.

From those 3 my favorite would be Sakuta and Mai.
Oct 16, 2019 12:48 PM

Oct 2018
Short_Circut said:
This list is about as amazing as that one thread about best fight or whatever of 2019 and only gave 2 choices (1 from SnK and 1 from KnY)

Yeah, but I think I stated it clearly that I'm only interested in which one people liked from these 3. I didn't add more on purpose.
Oct 16, 2019 12:56 PM

Jul 2017
-Aincrad- said:
Short_Circut said:

Yeah, but I think I stated it clearly that I'm only interested in which one people liked from these 3. I didn't add more on purpose.

you did indeed yeah, but I just find it funny how the title implies asking for one's most favorite pairing in the past year in general, and then having the poll only give 3 options. Same thing with that thread I referenced lmao
Oct 16, 2019 1:01 PM

Oct 2018
Short_Circut said:
-Aincrad- said:

you did indeed yeah, but I just find it funny how the title implies asking for one's most favorite pairing in the past year in general, and then having the poll only give 3 options. Same thing with that thread I referenced lmao

Oh I see what you mean.

Well then, I edited the title, now it's obvious there are only 3 options just from it too :D
Oct 16, 2019 1:12 PM

Jul 2019
I voted Tanjiro and Nezuko from Demon Slayer. I like brother/sister duos in anime like that. I wish we could see them more together though but what we got is already great.
Life is a despicable endurance race
Oct 16, 2019 1:13 PM

Feb 2016
My personal favorite duo of this year are these ones:

Miyuki and Kaguya from Kaguya-Sama
Tohru and Kyou from Fruits Basket
Nanako and Eiji from Senryuu Shoujo
Even Hyakkimaru and Dororo would make for it.

But if I had to choose from the very limited options you put, I'd go for... Ugh... Naofumi and Raptalia I guess.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 16, 2019 1:21 PM
Jul 2018
Tanjirou & Nezuko are good, and the show is better than Seishun Buta imo.
But Sakuta and Mai were definitely the better duo
Oct 16, 2019 1:28 PM

Jul 2019
This list is missing Kaguya and Miyuki from Love is War, and that'd probably be my pick. The only anime I've seen between the ones you mention is Bunny Girl Sempai so I suppose I have to go with it.
Oct 16, 2019 1:44 PM

Sep 2018
I dont really love any of these, Sakuta and Mei are pretty decent tho.

Oct 16, 2019 2:10 PM

Sep 2018
Dale and Latina were a great duo. Very wholesome anime!
Oct 16, 2019 2:22 PM
May 2019
Hmm it's hard to choose I guess I'll go with Tanjiro and Nezuko from KnY.
I kinda like their bond it's inspiring and sweet.
Oct 16, 2019 2:42 PM

Apr 2019
Holo and Lawrence are my favourite duo

Oct 16, 2019 2:43 PM

Jan 2018
Easily Sakuta and Mai, but all three duos are just... meh.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Oct 16, 2019 3:02 PM

Jul 2017
It was hard to pick out of those three because all three of them are good, however I think I will have to go with Sakuta and Mai.

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Oct 16, 2019 3:24 PM

Dec 2018
This isn't even a remotely difficult choice for me. Tanjiro and Nezuko and Naofumi and Raphtalia were nice duos but Sakuta and Mai is one of the best couples I have seen.
Oregairu is life
Oct 16, 2019 3:30 PM

Feb 2010
Haven't seen Demon Slayer yet but from the other two it's definitely Sakuta and Mai.

But the real answer is the main couple from Kaguya-sama and we all know it :>
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 16, 2019 3:37 PM

Aug 2007
I only watched Kimetsu no Yaiba from that list, so it's Tanjirou and Nezuko for me. I love their sibling relationship, Tanjirou is the sibling that I wish I had, so watching them interact never fails to make me smile.

Even better, I love how the duo kick ass together, can't remember the last time I watched or read a series where the male protagonist fights along aside his sister, it makes it all the more refreshing to me.
Oct 16, 2019 4:04 PM

Nov 2007
Kaguya and Miyuki over all of the options and that's a fact. And guess what, I cannot find that option.

Was this tread made to trigger me, huh?! HUH?! (ಠ_ಠ)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 16, 2019 4:25 PM
Feb 2017
Sakuta and Mai had good chemistry, so they win.

Naofumi and Raphtalia as an option is a joke lol.
Oct 16, 2019 5:47 PM
Jul 2018
i didn't watch bunny senpai

i would say naofumi and raphtalia out of the other 2 though

nezuko is fine she just spent a lot of time inside a wooden box not doing anything, so there's not much going on interaction wise there
Oct 16, 2019 5:59 PM

Mar 2012

Obvious answer is obvious. As wholesome as it get.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 16, 2019 6:09 PM

Oct 2017
Koito Yuu & Nanami Touko
>
Shinomiya Kaguya & Shirogane Miyuki
>
Takagi & Nishikata
>
Goblin Slayer & Priestess
>
Goblin Slayer & Cow Girl
=
The dude from Amazing Stranger and his anime girl figure
=
The dude from My Roommate is a Cat & the cat
=
The dude from that loli fox show & the loli fox
=
The dude from that show last season with a blonde loli Rem & loli Rem (even though I only watched one episode)
>>>>
YOUR OPTIONS

I'm just kidding about the show with loli Rem. She looked hella cute though, I'm gonna finish that at some point.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Oct 16, 2019 6:18 PM
Dec 2017
-Aincrad- said:
So in the past one year in anime, I think it's safe to say these male-female duos have been the most popular ones.

So out of curiosity, which one among them did you like the most, putting aside your opinion about the anime itself?

I know there are probably other ones many of you like more, but I'm only interested in which one you'd choose from these 3.

next time please consider making a lot of optoins and do a research to find more optoins for the poll
but anyway sakuta x mai is always better than an isekai hero x loli
Oct 16, 2019 7:59 PM

Jan 2019
Naofumi and Raphtalia. The love was so real.
Naofumi-sama, I am your Sword. She understood all of his emotions. At first she thought he might've been another asshole but she understood that he was a good person.
Can't wait for season 2. I haven't EVER seen an Isekai like Rising of Shield Hero tbh.
I've only watched about 200 animes tho so maybe there's something else like (doubt it) but you get the point.
Oct 16, 2019 8:01 PM
Jul 2018
It's not really a male-female duo and it's not from your (really short) list, but...Truck-kun and isekai protags are the best duo ever and no one can change my mind.
Oct 16, 2019 8:04 PM

Mar 2012
KIMI NO SEI! KIMI NO SEI! UWU!!!!!!!!!
Oct 16, 2019 8:08 PM
Apr 2019
I didn't really like the dynamic between Raphtalia and Naofumi. Felt too artificial. Don't @ me.
Oct 16, 2019 8:10 PM
Apr 2019
BlakexEkalb said:
Sakuta and Mai had good chemistry, so they win.

Naofumi and Raphtalia as an option is a joke lol.

exactly. thank god I'm not the only one that sees their artificial chemistry
Oct 16, 2019 11:32 PM

Oct 2018
Issmail22Lawfy said:
-Aincrad- said:

next time please consider making a lot of optoins and do a research to find more optoins for the poll
but anyway sakuta x mai is always better than an isekai hero x loli

I know exactly there are many more ,and I didn't do any research or added more options on purpose.

But I might do a more detailed one later.
Oct 17, 2019 3:12 AM

Jan 2010
I dropped Shield Hero but in the earlier episodes Raphtalia and Naofumi is nice.
I haven't watched Bunny Girl Senpai.
I like KnY, so my vote automatically goes to Tanjiro and Nezuko. But there is nothing special about them.
Oct 17, 2019 3:19 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Sakuta and Mai for sure

While I still don't think Bunny Girl was that special as an anime over all, the two main leads were definitely what made the show worth watching. Interesting chemistry and dynamic, and they were both very likeable

As far the other two goes, Naofumi and Tanjiro are pretty decent, but seriously Raphtalia and Nezuko are so overrated as female leads. In particular Nezuko doesn't really do anything other than hide in a basket all show and doesn't even talk. How the hell is she popular? Is having a cute character design really all it takes nowadays? Sheesh
Oct 17, 2019 7:02 AM
Dec 2017
Shicchi said:
I dropped Shield Hero but in the earlier episodes Raphtalia and Naofumi is nice.
I like KnY, so my vote automatically goes to Tanjiro and Nezuko. But there is nothing special about them.

trust me you should watch "Bunny girl senpai" .
atleast watch the first 3 episodes . than if you like it continue if you don't feel free to drop it.
but the first 3 episodes id a must watch imo.
Oct 17, 2019 8:10 AM

Aug 2016
Being limited to those 3,

In terms of interaction and character dynamic, Sakuta and Mai is the best of the group (that doesn't mean the show is good)

Oct 17, 2019 8:20 AM

Feb 2019
There are better ones than those especially
Yuu and Nanami
Hyakkimaru and Dororo

But from those three Tanjiro-Nezuko for sure since Naofumi-Raphtalia duo was trash and while Mai-Sakuta duo was enjoyable to watch, I love tanjiro more than sakuta since sakuta has really bad writing.
Oct 17, 2019 8:25 AM

Feb 2016
My rankings would be
1. Sakuta/Mai because Mai is waifu material
2. Tanjiro/Nezeuko for that [i]actually[/s] wholesome sibling relationship
3. Naofumi/Raphtalia (Not really a fan)
Oct 17, 2019 8:56 AM

Apr 2016
My vote goes to Sakuta and Mai, not because I particularly like them but that's because I don't like the other two, especially Naofumi and Raphtalia. Probably mine could be an unpopular opinion but I don't like Raphtalia, I found her annoying. Regarding Tanjiro and Nezuko, I don't care too much of them, especially Tanjiro who I don't like, so my vote couldn't go to them.
Oct 17, 2019 9:06 AM

Apr 2017
I guess Sakuta and Mai take the cake, since the part of the show that actually focused on them was actually good. I didn't really like any of the other two too much. But that being said neither were great imo. Hopefully next year will bring some better ones.

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Oct 17, 2019 8:01 PM

Jan 2010
Issmail22Lawfy said:
Shicchi said:

trust me you should watch "Bunny girl senpai" .
atleast watch the first 3 episodes . than if you like it continue if you don't feel free to drop it.
but the first 3 episodes id a must watch imo.

Maybe I will someday.
The combination especially of Romance, Comedy, School is usually not my cup of tea.
Oct 17, 2019 9:32 PM
Jul 2018
Naofumi and Raphtalia. I see that my opinion is once again the unpopular one.
Oct 17, 2019 11:16 PM

Mar 2018
Sakuta and Mai are both really likeable without each other, put them together and they are still likeable but with better chemistry. Naofumi and Raph are alright I guess and I don't really feel Tanjiro and Nezuko much. I like the trio of Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke and the clan Shinobu is from.
Oct 17, 2019 11:22 PM

Nov 2016
I guess I'll go with Naofumi and Raphtalia. I haven't watched Demon Slayer and I loathe Sakuta and Mai, especially Mai.
Oct 18, 2019 4:57 AM

May 2014
Tanjiro and Nezuko win by default since Demon Slayer is the only anime i didn't drop out of those 3. They deserve it though in my opinion. Even if it's just over something as simple as their character designs.
Oct 18, 2019 10:44 AM

Aug 2012
Out of these, of course Tanjirou and Nezuko. They´re adorable, hardworkers (though Nezuko becomes more active later) and have a beautiful bond.

As for my favorite, Atsushi and Kyouka, even though it wasn´t showed much in the anime yet.
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Oct 18, 2019 4:47 PM

Apr 2019
i mean nezuko isn't even a character at this point
and tate no yuusha sucks

the choice is clear

and the dialogue in bunny girl is clearly superior which in return gives the characters more layers
You son of a .. turtle

Oct 18, 2019 6:55 PM

Apr 2016
Sakuta and Mai of course. The duo is very good and their relationship is the best from these 3.
I didn't liked Naofumi and Raphtalia...
and I hate Tanjirou. Such an annoying character and Nezuko was most of the time useless

Oct 18, 2019 7:10 PM
May 2017
I'm not sure why you're putting a clearly non-siscon brother sister relationship in with a couple and a one sided crush. The chemistry is obviously going to be different, because the intent by the writer is different.

Sakuta and Mai have the best chemistry. There are good aspects to Shield Hero and Raphtalia fawning over her slaver isn't one of them. Nezuko barely speaks. I like her and Tanjiro, but it's just not the same thing.
Oct 18, 2019 7:11 PM

Oct 2019
Sakuta and Mai, hence down. Yall just haters ;(

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

63 by Blueberry173 »»
4 minutes ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - 2 hours ago

7 by FanofAction »»
5 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

59 by Serafos »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

73 by Jonas-K »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - 10 hours ago

21 by RobertBobert »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.