Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo Episode 3 Discussion

Oct 19, 9:52 PM
I dropped this anime, and in episode 3 I can judge if the anime has a poor execution on the story, music in the background, and the storyline. example when playing heroine, this anime shows true self, in this character scene should show how beautiful she is natural, not add fan service... Come on i know you wanna sell this anime and caught the eye of the ever-horny dumb weeb trash. not like' this... she "begone thot" now...sorry the one who said she was waifu at this time. You have bad taste ha ha ha but yeah perfect for you lol and how the story come i Can easy read it there is nothing wow or interesting event to be honest "flat" story line and the other characters from the beginning had become trash in the first episode, I gave hope to play heroine but now she is also trash, but I quite like the mc guy he interesting enough for me tbh. that's all my opinion.

Oct 19, 10:16 PM

I felt like this episode ran for almost an hour due to everything that happened, and I really liked that.

Oct 20, 1:08 AM
aqexpredator said:
Kahei_110 said:
No one's gonna mention that Sun-chan was going to assault/rape Pansy?

Yeah, I noticed, glad someone else did too. This bit of dialogue felt majorly out of place. We've already seen that Sun is an absolute bastard for trying to take revenge on his best friend - so this just seems unnecessary. Unless he really is just that bad, although he makes an apology at the end when he could've just stayed quiet, if he was that true of a cunt.

I hated his character regardless of that line of dialogue, not sure what the author was thinking with it.

Perhaps something is a bit lost in translation here, so to speak. Having watched some anime from olden times, when sudden sexual violence was a bit more common and generally darker themes were too, I think this sort of scene may reflect something that is often present in anime, and perhaps the overall culture's storytelling, that is hard to pin down, but definitely a noticeable subtext. A climactic scene in old anime films often involved the villains making a sexual threat of some sort or another towards a female character, or that otherwise working its way into the plot. Then something (usually) intervenes to save her.

The notion that, something might happen, when a male and female are entirely alone is still sort of a thing in many cultures. In my school days, I learned that, in some countries, it's even part of the penal code that if a male and female are left alone, one can assume, in the legal sense, that they might have had sexual relations together.

Of course, in modern times it's usually not thought of that way anymore in most places. But anime sort of plays around a bit in a story-space where traditional ideas still hold a weird sway. This is actually not so unusual in storytelling across many cultures, as Western sitcoms, for example, were often behind cultural changes, tending to depict a certain template for the nuclear family situation that didn't change much over many years, even as society still did change.

Likewise, anime has a lot of stuff in it that can appear anachronistic if one were expecting more realism.

The average marrying age is finally getting older in Japan, yet in anime, any gal over the ripe old age of 25 is depicted as a humorous "hag" who is super nervous about her prospects. (Yes, there are exceptions, but they only tend to prove the rule by how much they stand out.) And in the age of the Internet, do we really believe that typical boys all need to have girly mags hidden under their beds to this day to get a glimpse of risque photos, like they always seem to in anime? Even if such mags still had more of a market share in Japan than in most places, it wouldn't make sense for it to be such a constant in boys' rooms these days.

In Anime Land, society hasn't changed much in about thirty, or even forty, years. People still grow up in small communities and have a childhood friend who they may just end up marrying later, or at least we get an echo of that idea in the form of the perky childhood friend trope (which appears, albeit satirically, in this very anime). This anime may be partly about subverting such tropes, but it still plays along with them in some ways too.

So, from that point of view, using someone being a bit rapey as way of indicating their lack of character is not so shocking, as it just fits a certain old story trope from an earlier time, and helps work in a female being threatened in the usual way, and the hero saving her, just like old times. Yay!

Oct 20, 4:29 AM

Lot of shit happened and I forget that were still on ep3 lmao. I wonder how the next episodes would go. Sanshokuin is the WAIFU

Oct 20, 7:04 AM

Holy shit, the ambiguous double meanings baked into Sun-chan's words the first episode. That's a level of writing you barely see in quite a lot of anime, let alone in an anime in this genre. Let's see if this holds up.

Err... pacing's a little on the fast side though...
Modified by BurningSpirit, Oct 20, 7:15 AM
I swear I'm not a lolicon.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Opinions are all relevant. I express mine freely and believe everyone should too. Unless you say "<Insert anime here> is the best! Everything else sucks", then GTFO.
My MAL Interview

Oct 20, 12:57 PM

I figured something of the sort must have been the case. It was a sublime reveal, though.

Oct 20, 1:10 PM

feels like the writers expect us to forgive Sun for trying to rape librarian girl but uuuuh no you can't redeem that

Oct 20, 1:24 PM

It was a good episode, pretty funny and interesting. The “fanservice” scene at the end was good xD

Oct 20, 2:47 PM
Probs the highlight of my year with anime so far, I haven't really been too into much this year but this shit is juicy asf and it keeps getting juicier, I hope they don't drop the ball on me.

Oct 20, 2:48 PM
NaturalPerm said:
feels like the writers expect us to forgive Sun for trying to rape librarian girl but uuuuh no you can't redeem that

yeah I have to say that was weird asf that they just glossed over that immediately as soon as he came out.

Oct 20, 4:54 PM

Masochistic trash anime like this is always highly rated in MAL as usual

Oct 20, 8:11 PM
Metalsludge said:
aqexpredator said:

Yeah, I noticed, glad someone else did too. This bit of dialogue felt majorly out of place. We've already seen that Sun is an absolute bastard for trying to take revenge on his best friend - so this just seems unnecessary. Unless he really is just that bad, although he makes an apology at the end when he could've just stayed quiet, if he was that true of a cunt.

I hated his character regardless of that line of dialogue, not sure what the author was thinking with it.

Perhaps something is a bit lost in translation here, so to speak. Having watched some anime from olden times, when sudden sexual violence was a bit more common and generally darker themes were too, I think this sort of scene may reflect something that is often present in anime, and perhaps the overall culture's storytelling, that is hard to pin down, but definitely a noticeable subtext. A climactic scene in old anime films often involved the villains making a sexual threat of some sort or another towards a female character, or that otherwise working its way into the plot. Then something (usually) intervenes to save her.

The notion that, something might happen, when a male and female are entirely alone is still sort of a thing in many cultures. In my school days, I learned that, in some countries, it's even part of the penal code that if a male and female are left alone, one can assume, in the legal sense, that they might have had sexual relations together.

Of course, in modern times it's usually not thought of that way anymore in most places. But anime sort of plays around a bit in a story-space where traditional ideas still hold a weird sway. This is actually not so unusual in storytelling across many cultures, as Western sitcoms, for example, were often behind cultural changes, tending to depict a certain template for the nuclear family situation that didn't change much over many years, even as society still did change.

Likewise, anime has a lot of stuff in it that can appear anachronistic if one were expecting more realism.

The average marrying age is finally getting older in Japan, yet in anime, any gal over the ripe old age of 25 is depicted as a humorous "hag" who is super nervous about her prospects. (Yes, there are exceptions, but they only tend to prove the rule by how much they stand out.) And in the age of the Internet, do we really believe that typical boys all need to have girly mags hidden under their beds to this day to get a glimpse of risque photos, like they always seem to in anime? Even if such mags still had more of a market share in Japan than in most places, it wouldn't make sense for it to be such a constant in boys' rooms these days.

In Anime Land, society hasn't changed much in about thirty, or even forty, years. People still grow up in small communities and have a childhood friend who they may just end up marrying later, or at least we get an echo of that idea in the form of the perky childhood friend trope (which appears, albeit satirically, in this very anime). This anime may be partly about subverting such tropes, but it still plays along with them in some ways too.

So, from that point of view, using someone being a bit rapey as way of indicating their lack of character is not so shocking, as it just fits a certain old story trope from an earlier time, and helps work in a female being threatened in the usual way, and the hero saving her, just like old times. Yay!

This. I agree with this.

Oct 20, 9:28 PM
It's was a sad episodes like how his best friend true nature was his best friend hated him

Oct 20, 10:04 PM
The relationship joro and Panji is like this:

Joro needs a normal girlfriend, not a crazy stalker.

Oct 21, 12:36 AM
Can Amatsuyu just be a homicidal maniac by killing Taiyo, Cosmos, Himawari, and that librarian student showing up with him strapped like Rambo killing everyone. Especially those three cunts who all like Taiyo instead of him. Kill them in cold blood.

Oct 21, 4:25 AM

Damn I totally fall in love on this episode. I wish this keeps up but, as other users said, there's also a chance that this might go downhill but I hope I'm wrong.

Oct 21, 5:32 AM

The plot twists are intense. I like it, Felt kinda bad for Joro. Didn't expect the best friend to be a bastard.

Oct 21, 3:49 PM
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴

Outside of that unnecessary rapey line Sun gave during this episode, it was a pretty damn good one.

Oct 21, 8:19 PM

This is the worst anime ever hahaha i'm loving it xD The MC is allergic to benches ahaha
But damn, what a great undercover plan she had to make him reveal the truth.

And that ending, not bad, a kiss at the 3rd episode.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 21, 9:34 PM
What I wonder to this episode:
Why Pansy is nearly naked just to reveal her true form?
Even normally people wear some underwear or some shirt behind their uniform school.
At the previous episode we can see Hinawari's and Cosmos's pantsu. Why must showing their pantsu if normally don't need to do that? It's too forcing to me.
Is it gonna be another fanservice anime like hensuki at previous season?

If that true I will rate it for 5. And with that reason, I hate this score gonna be 8.
Modified by Hitoribotchan, Oct 21, 9:41 PM

Oct 21, 9:36 PM

I find that this episode was taken in different color than the manga and probably causes some confusion to people watching this episode. The manga takes a bit darker portrayal of bullying and I think the director understandably left that part out since it is inconsistent with the tones of the arc they're working on. But with the manga you'd know how bad his 'best of friends' did to him, and honestly it makes me upset a bit how the direction of this episode tried to play it as a joke. It is fine that portrayal of bullying is horrible, they shouldn't tone it down like that.

Oct 22, 4:30 AM

Ok so I was wrong, I thought Sun was going to have a crush on Joro, but it turns out he just wanted to beat him in terms of being a love rival.

I really like how this has been set up now. It's taken 3 eps to get to this point, but we now have a backlog of emotional connections between all our MC so it'll be interesting to see how things develop from here on out. I'm betting that when he says "are you the only one who likes/loves me", he's wondering whether there's anyone else who has hidden feelings for him, or whether Cosmos or Himiwari will consequently develop feelings for him after learning the truth about Sun and how he treated them.

Oct 22, 6:28 AM

Metalsludge said:
aqexpredator said:

Well that makes me wonder why Animeland hasn't Changed really.

I can only think of 2 reasons really.
1 is Japan being Japan, a pretty dam traditionalistic country

and 2nd Being that Social Media Has very Little presence in Anime.
This makes Societies look more older and I wonder why Social Media is hardly used in Fiction.
And I believe that is the case because the writers want the Characters to make as much Personal Contact (not through Chat boxes) as possible and they feel that Social media contact is not personal or hard to personalise/make it look like fun (like they manage to do when it comes to online games where the in-game characters kinda act like real ppl by Emoting and lip movement when they chat like they did in "Make love not Warcraft" from South Park or all the online bits in MMO Junkie).
And ppl love it when things are personal instead over a Chatbox or anything and most Anime Actually encourage us to get up and go out there and talk to your friends IRL (or through a Video game Chat, Phone and etc).
and that idea is actually very traditionalistic.

Sadly the Traditionalist Nature has some issues.
Girls who had a sexual Partner before still kinda get Demonized in Anime for example.

Oct 22, 9:30 AM
from the pacing of the anime, i think it will try to cover about three to four arcs from the light novel

Oct 22, 10:01 AM
Yare Yare Dawa

Pansy is a real waifu, I like her.

I'm here as long as my wings can fly.

Oct 22, 12:05 PM
Hahaha Pansy owned sun lol

Also I don't care of it turns into a harem it's pretty obvious that it would considering the two girls where in the library the entire time heard what thier crush said and also heard joro defend them

Oct 22, 5:31 PM

Honestly, Sumireko comes off to me as more manipulating and abusive than anything that she was shown off as. I really like girls with her 'type', but i feel like knowing her in real life would be absolute hell. Its kinda sad with the new episode that they tried to make her more not manipulative and more like quirky crazy anime girl. Also Himawari is probably one of my favorite character designs for this year's anime.
I'm just starting to talk on forums, please be nice!

My Favorite Anime (in every genre): https://trello.com/b/KeK9jCk8/the-difinitive-best-anime
My Best Girls: https://trello.com/b/r1lHBaop/the-difinitive-best-girls
My Best Boys: https://trello.com/b/InvPR7Z4/the-definitive-best-boys

Oct 22, 5:39 PM

Wow... WOOOOWWW... This is only the third episode... WERE THREE EPISODES IN AND THE DRAMA HAS PEAKED. I'm tired already, this is gonna be a long series.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!

Oct 22, 9:03 PM

Dogii said:
Also Himawari is probably one of my favorite character designs for this year's anime.

You might want to check out on Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko too.
Got Ryuuko Mifune there that might gave you the same energy, lol.

The Character Designer for this anime (and LN) is Buriki, who also done Haganai and Denpa Onna.
When I first time watching this series I was surprised when seeing Himawari "Whoa, I know this girl!", lol.

Oct 22, 9:23 PM

Wow, I thought that Sun and Joro will be really best friends. But man, I wouldn't want to be friends would rape/assault a defenseless woman just because he thinks she's all alone, what a piece of shit.

But, am I glad that everything worked out, I knew it from the very beginning, Sumireko best girl! She's even more gorgeous with her hair down.
Overall a good episode.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia

Oct 23, 7:40 AM

Love this confession episode. Sun revealing his true nature, and also Pansy revealing her true appearance was great too. The first three episodes of this anime was good, I am expecting for more good episodes.

Oct 24, 3:03 AM

numerous shots fired...and Pansy just stands in the middle chill asf

Oct 24, 1:55 PM

Sarashi don't work that well XD. I didn't pay much attention to the ending but had the feeling something was fishy with her appearance. Well not surprised she is in fact quite the beauty.
Well Sun has a far more wrecked personnality than expected. It's normal that some very attentive girls do not want to have a relationship with him. But we can not really blame him for having fallen in love with Pansy, his behavior is the main problem.

Oct 25, 2:41 AM
That escalated quickly. Also, this episode turned out real good. I almost dropped this series, but it completely exceeded my expectations. I wasn't expecting Sun-chan to be a dick since I thought he was a cool bro and best friend. I also couldn't think of any way this could be resolved by Sumehiko. But it did and it was something I completely didn't expect. I kinda disliked her at first, but now she's growing on me.

Definitely not dropping this and looking forward to the next one.

Oct 25, 6:41 PM
Last ep kinda lost me with the weird character breaking formulas. This ep got much better.
Pansy's 5D chess was elaborate. I did expect Himawari & Cosmos to be hiding in the library, but her beating Sun with logic was awesome. But really he deserves a punch and more.
Turns out Joro was slightly 'dense' about certain things in the past too vs Sun. I like the dual personalities of most of em, but everyone has a big garbage side. That personality's still close to worst, but turning into Yukinoshita a big change.

Oct 26, 7:12 PM
This is like the konosuba of rom-coms

Oct 27, 10:52 PM

Joro screaming at Taiyou and picking him up off the floor was pretty badass! >:3

Hitoribotchan said:
What I wonder to this episode:
Why Pansy is nearly naked just to reveal her true form?
Even normally people wear some underwear or some shirt behind their uniform school.

Some bras unhook in the front so she could have been wearing that type...I think she revealed herself that way because she's trying to be as seductive as possible...xD she wanted to show off her cup size too; some bras can make bewbs look much bigger than they actually are so she's like "These are real, okay." Lol

Oct 27, 11:30 PM

Oga acting like a shonen villain. Wasn't expecting that shit.

Couldn't help but laugh at the "here are my giant tiddies, so now you remember me from back then" scene.

Oct 31, 8:11 AM

I gave it a shot since it didn't have an ecchi tag, I love the comedy so far but I wish they could keep a bit low on the fan-service.

Nov 3, 6:55 AM

Maou_heika said:
I gave it a shot since it didn't have an ecchi tag, I love the comedy so far but I wish they could keep a bit low on the fan-service.

It's completely unnecessary and it's probably my least favorite part of the show tbh. But I like the MC so I'll still give it a shot.

Nov 11, 11:49 AM

Found my best grill of the season

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]