Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 15, 2019 1:22 PM
Jun 2019
Do any of you ever think back in time when you were younger and miss it?
Oct 15, 2019 1:24 PM

Jan 2009
not much anymore even though my life is shit right now the amount of entertainment i look forward in the future and hope for better technologies too keeps me being futurist
Oct 15, 2019 1:27 PM

Aug 2014
Yeah... I miss my childhood quite a bit. Life was an adventure back then.
Oct 15, 2019 1:30 PM
Jul 2018
i miss those times but not in a lamenting kind of way

still lots of good times happening/ahead >:3
Oct 15, 2019 1:31 PM
Aug 2016
Yes. I miss my childhood, I miss the autumn days when I came from middle school and go into my garden and get lost in the mesmerizing autumn beauty, I even miss high school life and all the great time I used to have there and all the time I laughed with some of my classmates. I sometimes even miss my childhood friend that I used to play with everyday. Damn, I wish I could have a time machine.
Oct 15, 2019 1:33 PM

Jul 2014
Sometimes yeah, I mean I can't really avoid not thinking about how fun the past was compared to growing up and currently now in 2019....
Oct 15, 2019 1:43 PM
Jun 2019
SadMadoka said:
Yeah... I miss my childhood quite a bit. Life was an adventure back then.
I totally agree, nowdays life is so much harder
Oct 15, 2019 1:54 PM

Jun 2016
Nah, I'm in a much better state right now.
Oct 15, 2019 1:55 PM

Mar 2018
I miss the energy I had as a little kid but that's pretty much it.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Oct 15, 2019 2:06 PM

Feb 2018
It's easy to forget the past if you didn't have events that marked you, I only have good childhood memories, it really was the best. High school not much.
Oct 15, 2019 2:16 PM
Jul 2018
In a hindsight sort of way yeah. If I could go back say about 10 years and do all of that over with what I know now it would be super useful. As far as nostalgia goes... not really.
Oct 15, 2019 4:26 PM

May 2016
somewhat, yes, I was so much happier when I was younger.
Oct 15, 2019 4:32 PM
Jul 2018
I hate the thought that I am getting one step closer to becoming an old timer, so you bet I miss when I was younger!
Oct 15, 2019 4:33 PM

May 2019
I wish
that I could turn back time
cuz now the guilt's all mine
Oct 15, 2019 5:15 PM

Mar 2019
I miss high school a lot. Those last two years were a fucking blast. I love how in high school, you never needed a reason to hang out, you just asked them if they wanted to come over after school and people generally prioritized their relationships over work. I also really liked how acceptable inappropriate humor was back in high school. A lot of people get surprisingly uptight when you get to college.

For some reason though, I tend to get along best with people that are either quite a bit younger than me or a bit older. Lately I've found I get along with people in the 24-32 age range way better than most other college students. I also still get along pretty well with high schoolers whenever I interact with them. Its just college students that I, for some reason really don't click with very well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2019 5:32 PM

Mar 2011
Oh my past..thought the topic was something more; kinda miss the style and carefree attitude of youth, sure.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Oct 17, 2019 1:09 PM

Jun 2009
I used to be extremely nostalgic, mostly about high school times, but nowadays not so much. I'm not sure how I got out of it but it was really unhealthy lol
Oct 17, 2019 6:22 PM

Nov 2013
My childhood was mostly rubbish. Still, the feeling of ignorance and gradual discovery, progression and the gradual development of simple freedoms and experiences causes a sort of stimulation, if you can get what I mean. It is something I have seen others express. It is simplistic but effective.
I think that when people become adults, their lives often stagnate and lack a good view for their future development, and they long for those simple stimulantes during childhood.

I can see you

Oct 17, 2019 8:39 PM

Sep 2016
I think about how I miss the past pretty frequently. Most of my dreams involve people that I miss and they're dreams where I have fun with them. Then I wake up and realize that things aren't the same as they used to be. That they aren't in my life anymore, and that they've likely moved on by now. I miss when I was more worry-free and overall happier.

Life has no meaning,
but that doesn't mean
we shouldn't live it

Oct 18, 2019 9:01 AM

Dec 2017
My childhood was rather good, with ups and downs. I feel quite nostalgic when thinking about it, and that’s a good sign imo. I think my life is better now, although less social, and that’s a shame.
Oct 18, 2019 10:26 AM
Oct 2019
Yes and no. I miss times when I was about 11 years old. Everything was fun and I was happy. But I would never go back to year 2017. I got depressed. It's worst year in my life. Luckily I'm not depressed anymore. So I miss the past but I also want to forget some things.
Oct 18, 2019 1:38 PM
Jul 2018
yes.. I went through a phrase where I had to go back to my old house (when times were 'good') and stay there a couple of months, and was hoping the 'present' was a dream I'd wake up from.. It was horrible for a few days, the last thing I'd think before sleeping and first thing on my mind was, I want to wake up as a 13 year old and that all these years were a dream. Otherwise too, I am very sentimental

I'm trying to let go of the past though.. That strong feeling stirred up within me during those months at my old house kind of served as a reminder of how much I needed to accept the time that has passed whole-heartedly.
Oct 18, 2019 1:50 PM

Oct 2017
I miss being young. I don't miss young me. That guy was an idiot.

"Youth is wasted on the young."

One of the most true statements ever made. It's sad irony of life that by the time one has learned how amazing being young is, they are old. Best we can do is realize that ASAP and do our best to cling on to that youthful spark. That's why I take care of my body and mind through various means.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Oct 18, 2019 2:33 PM

Oct 2010
To be fair, I miss my high school years, I didn't have a stable gf, didn't have to pay for stuff, eat food cooked by mom, having fun with friends. Now I have to work, to pay for every little thing, my gf is kinda yandere. But at least I am in control of my own person. I won't change it.
Oct 18, 2019 9:37 PM

Sep 2019
Very much so, despite all the bullies it was a very fun and happy childhood.

Plus I've been a little lonely ever since my childhood friend passed a few years ago, I think of him fairly regularly
Oct 18, 2019 9:49 PM

Feb 2019
Yes, I miss my childhood. the rosy outlook, the belief that I could be anyone and do anything without any consequences
& The mystery and excitement of things.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Oct 18, 2019 10:35 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah, I'm very melancholic ... but I just long for an escape.
Oct 18, 2019 11:00 PM

Aug 2018
No, if one ponders on the past too much they'll forget to live in the present which destroys their future.
<Insert clever quote>
Oct 18, 2019 11:04 PM

Oct 2015
Sometimes I reminiscent when I wasn't in middle/high school, pre-9th Grade, there I was laying on the couch, television turned on, and on it is the premier of Hayate The Combat Butler and The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya back-to-back on late night TV. But to be frank, that's only because of the smaller world I was in back then, and I was quite naive. Enjoyable at the time, but I doubt I want to be in the same place I was back then.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Oct 18, 2019 11:25 PM

Feb 2015
Yeah, occasionally I think back on the good times, but not so much that I always yearn to relive it again even if I've had more regrets in the past.

I can only learn from that and figure a better way to move forward, since we're always bound to make mistakes and to some misfortunes along the way.
Oct 18, 2019 11:30 PM
Jul 2019
There was a time when i missed it, but then i realized i only did because when you're young you are too stupid to know what's really going on. The lack of awareness gives the illusion things are better than they really are.
Oct 18, 2019 11:46 PM

Jul 2019
Nah, I was kind of the type who got bullied and still participated in shunning others. Then I isolated myself so I did not have to deal with these laughable hierarchies of bullshittery in school. Sure, I also had good times but the cons overweigh.

I would like to live my early 20s with the self-assertiveness I have today, but thats just wishful thinking. Those experiences were part of the path I had to take. Plus, life is pretty good right now and I managed to get myself into a good position for the coming years.
Oct 19, 2019 2:18 AM

Nov 2016
Making over 30 million dollars when I was about 17.. I sure miss that, yeah.

More topics from this board

» Is fanart cheating?

spaceslut - Mar 5, 2023

27 by Absurdo_N »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » strawberry, chocolate or banana milk?

bobbysalmon - Apr 17

21 by Vendicator »»
53 minutes ago

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - Yesterday

17 by ISeeLifePeople »»
1 hour ago

» what is "love" to you ? what makes you feel loved and how you love people ?

ame - Today

17 by ISeeLifePeople »»
1 hour ago

» What do you think about law enforcement (police) in your country?

Sad - Apr 16

32 by KenaiPhoenix »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.