Forum Settings
Forums

New function : add official streaming websites in anime page description

New
Oct 14, 2019 8:21 AM
Dec 2018
I think that it would be really interesting to have, in anime pages, a section which contains links on official streaming websites. As an example, Oresuki is both on Crunchyroll and HiDive. Having this information + links would help a lot when a new season starts. Users could have access to update this information too. And, it could also be separated by country. Crunchyroll sometimes has licences for US but not for Europe and vice/versa. And also, having an option that shows if the series has only been announced or, if it is listed on the website. Crunchyroll often announce new anime but the page is not always ready at that time.

The information input page could have an hard coded list of offical streaming websites with the link showing when we select a website. It would allow users to go to the website right now and search for series.
Oct 14, 2019 10:37 AM

Feb 2017
A lot of anime already have Crunchyroll videos on their pages and I'm sure HiDIVE will be up soon too.

That would be a good idea to have other sites, but since that's part of the business end of MAL, it won't happen unless the streaming sites pay to have their videos up. The reason why MAL has partnerships with Crunchyroll and HiDIVE now is because Crunchyroll is owned by Ellation, who has a partnership with HiDIVE to stream on VRV (Which is like a Netflix clone with Crunchyroll, HiDIVE, Roosterteeth, etc. owned by Ellation) so they probably worked something out to advertise with other partners like MAL too.

There's normally a news article released before each airing season starts showing information like this though. Here's one for Fall 2019.

Having a list of all streaming sites per series would be hard though, as they would have to constantly be updated as new streaming services come out and when existing ones remove/add shows.

Just some guy who likes anime

Oct 14, 2019 12:14 PM

Oct 2018
Thread Moved from Support
Summertime days, passing gently
Sunlight, leading to an encounter;
Dreams that don't want to end
Continue onwards toward the next day
While she waits in the air.
Oct 18, 2019 5:27 PM
Dec 2018
I found a website that already does this. It's www.livechart.me . So I am not sure if this option is relevant anymore.
Nov 18, 2019 6:41 AM
Aug 2014
Just because a website already does something doesn't mean that MAL can't also add that functionality. At the least they could add an entry under the information section listing all legal sources for an anime. A feature like this would be useful for those of us trying to wrangle which streaming services to subscribe to of the 7 (at least) available.
KaushadNov 18, 2019 6:45 AM

More topics from this board

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
3 hours ago

» Reply button should show text that will be quoted.

Euthymia_Gerv - Apr 15

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Yesterday, 10:22 AM

» @ sign spam/attack

kuroneko99 - Apr 16

3 by Jhiday »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM

» Preview for "About Me" section

NubFix - Mar 24, 2022

5 by NubFix »»
Apr 16, 10:16 PM

» Could MAL match users with the most similar watched anime and ratings?

mur_koshka - Apr 7

4 by mur_koshka »»
Apr 16, 1:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.