Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 16, 2019 7:03 AM
Aug 2013
Probably Majin Vegeta was the best.........
~AnimeDownUnder~

Oct 16, 2019 7:10 AM
Aug 2013
Rhubarb - sweet & sour good for desserts
Potatoes - versatile can be used in many different ways
Spring onions - fresh tasting, good for a garnish and versatile
Bamboo shoots - look for the canned bamboo shoots
Artichokes - look for canned artichoke hearts
Y star summer squash
Mint - good for desserts and sweets
Beetroot - can use the colour to turn sauces and foods purple/red /pink & the beetroot leaves are good in salads
~AnimeDownUnder~

Oct 16, 2019 11:02 AM

Sep 2016
Taro. It tastes good steamed and I love me some good ol' Taro Bubble tea.
I also love Asian chives. They taste really good in dumplings and omelettes.

Life has no meaning,
but that doesn't mean
we shouldn't live it

Oct 18, 2019 6:04 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
traed said:
149597871 said:

"Vegetables" doesn't mean plants in general and "omni" in the case of omnivore doesn't literally mean "all" or "everything" as species usually avoid food that is toxic or not nutritious enough for them to consume even if that particular food has a similar origin to the rest of the foods in their diet.

It's good to clarify what is considered a vegetable though as many people here consider potatoes (tubers), peppers (fruits) and mushrooms (not even a plant) to be vegetables which is simply wrong according to the botanical definitions.

A vegetable is either the stems or the leaves of a plant such as broccoli, kale or spinach. Compared to fruits and tubers, vegetables are extremely low in nutrients and calories and have little to no or sometimes even bad taste which should be a sign that something might be wrong.

Unlike fruits which are meant to be eaten by animals so they can spread the seed over the land ensuring the long-term survival of the plant, vegetables are a vital part of the plant which is the reason why plants will normally evolve in a way to protect their vegetables while offering their fruits. Many vegetables release toxins as a defense mechanism against being eaten which is the main point.

You don't need vegetables to be honest and you were most likely never meant to eat them in the first place.

Where are you even getting this idea? Even just a quick search shows people had a diet rich in vegetables and what you mentioned about kale and thallium is off too.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/human-ancestors-were-nearly-all-vegetarians/
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/kale-not-safe/
https://www.newscientist.com/article/2115127-ancient-leftovers-show-the-real-paleo-diet-was-a-veggie-feast/
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170804082912.htm

Paying attention is hard it seems. Neither of your sources contradicts with what I said so far in this thread. Also fruits/nuts aren't vegetables, rofl. It is quite controversial whether tubers should be considered vegetables although if we think logically they shouldn't. Fruits in general are very nutritious and as I said are meant to be eaten by animals which includes humans. Tubers are also nutritious but for different reasons. Stems and leaves - not so much, pure myth.

The authors of these articles used vegetables to describe any sort of plant or just a part of a plant that can be used as food which is different from the definition this thread or my statement is based on.

Also "unproven" doesn't automatically mean it's wrong, there isn't enough research to begin with and is not something I consider baseless either. Aluminium causing hard to the human body is also not completely proven. Needless to say you should avoid it nonetheless just as kale. But yes, I should've went in more detail about that rather than stating it as a 100% fact.
149597871Oct 18, 2019 6:10 AM
Oct 18, 2019 8:37 AM

Oct 2015
deg said:
potatoes because they can survive even on mars so watch the movie The Martian

Or maybe read the book. You know, with words and sentences and stuff like that.

OT: Rice is the greatest vegetable.

Oct 22, 2019 6:03 PM

Sep 2015
Broccoli, I could have it with anything
Jun 25, 2020 1:33 PM

Aug 2018
Carrots are the best vegetable by far.

Jun 25, 2020 3:36 PM

Aug 2009
Eggplant. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

...I mean, I ate broccoli that one time and I didn't hate it But every time I want a salad, there's always something wrong with the shipments.

Emphasis was on eggplant. Fuck off.

Jun 25, 2020 5:28 PM
Aug 2018
Asparagus. It’s literally my favorite thing to have with any dinner, cooked of course.

Jun 26, 2020 1:11 PM
Jul 2018
I guess I eat lettuce and potatoes the most, so that.
Jun 26, 2020 1:35 PM
Jul 2018
Potatoes are the best. Chanterelle mushrooms too [I know mushrooms aren't technically vegetables but fuck it, I love them]
Jun 26, 2020 3:18 PM
Jul 2018
Tomatoes. They are fruit, but they are just so fucking based that they count as vegetables too.
Jun 26, 2020 3:26 PM

Jun 2019
I prefer almost every variant of vegetable cooked to raw, because the ones I like best are stewed with shepherd's pie or cottage pie, gravies and stews.

Potatoes are not only my favorite vegetable but one of my favorite foods out there period for everything they can be transformed into, but even just completely plain boiled has a taste of such delicious earthly simplicity it's unrivaled. Eating a potato truly feels not only like eating, but drinking in and being massaged and caressed by the throbbing beating heart of the soil.

Potatoes, cauliflower at number two as something which is also seriously underrated with only a sprinkle of salt and some breadcrumbs, cooked peas, cooked carrots, cooked corn, cooked broccoli, and cooked onions. All the ones I like best with mashed potatoes and gravy and chowders and pot pies and quiches.
Jun 26, 2020 4:52 PM

Sep 2018
If I had to pick 1 potato. Brocholi is #2 for me.
Jun 26, 2020 4:58 PM

Feb 2019
Bakchos said:
All answers that are not broccoli are wrong.

Kosmonaut said:
I do love cucumbers, but not for eating, honey.
Truly degenerate.

Who likes Brussels sprout?
Couple of months late, but brussel sprouts are truly the superior choice for cultured men. Mash that shit with some potatoes, place a juicy bratwurst on top and bone apple tea.
Jun 26, 2020 8:05 PM

Aug 2014
if by vegetable you mean salad, than i guess cauliflower
Jun 27, 2020 4:03 AM

Sep 2009
Green leafy vegetables, love their goodness
Jun 27, 2020 4:10 AM

Apr 2015
the best vegetable is my ex-boyfriend after i taught him a lesson on what happens if you're unfaithful
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Jun 27, 2020 6:47 AM

Jun 2019
Kosmonaut said:
Bakchos said:

Truly degenerate.

Couple of months late, but brussel sprouts are truly the superior choice for cultured men. Mash that shit with some potatoes, place a juicy bratwurst on top and bone apple tea.

then potatoes and sausages are saving the dish despite the sprouts bruh.

Leading biologist Scott Pitnick said:
The bigger your 'nads, the smaller your brains
Jul 12, 2020 7:45 PM
Jul 2020
I think either carrots or broccoli are my favorite ones
Jul 12, 2020 7:55 PM

May 2013
That one guy I saw in the hospital, a true vegetable.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Jul 13, 2020 4:10 PM

May 2019
Bakchos said:

Kosmonaut said:
Truly degenerate.

Broccoli is clearly inferior to cauliflower, the master tree looking vegetable, but we can at least agree on brussels sprouts.
Kosmonaut said:
Luchse said:
Really man? Hiding your love for cucumbers by naming another green vegetable... I am truly disappointed.

Cucumbers are one of the few green stuffs I like eating raw though. Honestly, I feel insulted on part of cucumbers around the world. You probably literally just see them as sex objects! They have tender insides that should be appreciated as well!
Jul 13, 2020 4:21 PM

Feb 2019
Freshell said:
Kosmonaut said:

Cucumbers are one of the few green stuffs I like eating raw though. Honestly, I feel insulted on part of cucumbers around the world. You probably literally just see them as sex objects! They have tender insides that should be appreciated as well!
It depends on what kind of cucumber we're talking about here. They're equal, but not the same.
Jul 13, 2020 4:24 PM
Jul 2018
Flevalt said:
The best vegetable is a person after they came in contact with a 10000 volt line.

Fucking hell this made me laugh.

Green beans, broccoli, sweet potatoes, cabbage, zucchini(if cooked right), carrots, spinach, and of course the all mighty russet potato.
Jul 13, 2020 4:31 PM

May 2019
Kosmonaut said:
Freshell said:

It depends on what kind of cucumber we're talking about here. They're equal, but not the same.

Actually didn't know there was more than one kind! Thanks for the diversity training. I'll keep that in mind now. Man, those English cucumbers look like they have a sick case of phimosis. I feel bad for 'em.
Jul 13, 2020 4:50 PM

Jun 2019
Freshell said:
Bakchos said:

Truly degenerate.

Broccoli is clearly inferior to cauliflower, the master tree looking vegetable, but we can at least agree on brussels sprouts.

Cauliflower is good only with cheese
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cauliflower_cheese

Leading biologist Scott Pitnick said:
The bigger your 'nads, the smaller your brains
Jul 13, 2020 5:10 PM

Feb 2019
Freshell said:
Kosmonaut said:

Actually didn't know there was more than one kind! Thanks for the diversity training. I'll keep that in mind now. Man, those English cucumbers look like they have a sick case of phimosis. I feel bad for 'em.
I feel there's some spicy commentary to be done for thinking there's only one kind of cucumber in this wide world. This is not a 'one size fits all' type of deal.

You've been educated, you're welcome.
Jul 13, 2020 7:38 PM
Jul 2018
my body literally cannot function without potatoes
Jul 13, 2020 8:09 PM
Jul 2020
The vegetable I like most is potatoes
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you?

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

21 by Zarutaku »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » representation or relatability ?

soniyay - Apr 14

29 by DigiCat »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » People who leave MAL (finish the thought)

IpreferEcchi - 9 hours ago

4 by deg »»
43 minutes ago

» Top 10 most iconic manga creators objectively ranked

AlphaMaleScotty - 5 hours ago

5 by deg »»
52 minutes ago

» Do you ever miss old/former online friends?

pludel2 - Apr 10

36 by ninjaberserker »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.