Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 13, 2019 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is cute. Character looks fluffy and designed with adorable charm. The OP song even has this cherry energy to it.

From the first episode, we even got an insert song. But yeah, I can feel this is one of those 'cute girls doing cute things' shows. Hikari is cute as heck wtih a rifle.
Oct 13, 2019 8:15 AM
Sep 2016
3hz always has a nice touch with their animes, lovely episode overall
Oct 13, 2019 8:20 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice first episode, it reminds me a lot of Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu for the moment.
The characters aren't very originals in their personalities but they're still very cute.
There are not much rifle shooting animes so it's very good there's a new one.
Oct 13, 2019 8:22 AM

Dec 2017
in this episode of Cute Girld Doing Cute Things, we explore rifle shooting. wasn't a bad start, even tho it is kinda boring.
but judging from the ED there seems to be some competition going on later on, so looking forward to that
Oct 13, 2019 8:29 AM

Apr 2010
Not sure about this one the other characters where ok but i didn't like the main.
She is way to cheerful like she is trying to hard.
The pace was also a bit to fast in my opinion.
Oct 13, 2019 8:45 AM

Jul 2015
There were a lot of sections that could transition smoothly between scenes instead of placing unecessary interruptions with an annoying music. It made the whole episode less interesting.

Oct 13, 2019 9:04 AM

Aug 2013
Nice first episode. They managed to revive their club in one episode without any drama.

Oct 13, 2019 9:08 AM

Oct 2017
Feels like a cute and funny sports anime. All four girls were introduced and they all look cute and fluffy. The club recruitment went by so fast and the pacing of the story is a bit fast too. Anyway a gd first episode, looking forward to more.
Oct 13, 2019 9:11 AM

Jul 2015
That was cute. Perhaps the most traditional CGDCT of the season. A perfect show for americans too.

Oct 13, 2019 9:14 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Cute girls doing laser weapons of mass destruction things
Oct 13, 2019 9:34 AM

Jan 2008
Was expecting real rifle completion and expecting the show to just be an America gun meme generator. Surprisingly, the only things I can google about this seem to be Japanese related, guessing cause of their gun laws(?), so it appears to not even be much of a thing outside of Japan.

Cute girls but the comedy, humor and the overall episode felt somewhat stale. The pacing seemed off too. Also not a fan of the CGI bodies during shooting bits.

Well, one of the few cute girls doing cute things show this season (surprisingly) so will probably just keep watching as I need my weekly dosage.

Oct 13, 2019 9:38 AM
Jun 2009
he girls are cute. The episode was fast-flowing. It has the potential to be a new K-On. But oh God, some many perverted jokes. But for now, it is 7/10, 8/10 maximum. How it got 9.18?
Oct 13, 2019 9:52 AM
Sep 2016
In my opinion it was horrible. The shooting is boring there are no flashy lights or something we just see them stand there pointing toward the target in cgi. The charakter where generic, predictable and the designs flat and uninteresting. I seriously don't get how someone can bother with this. 2/10
Oct 13, 2019 9:54 AM

Sep 2017
I think it is kinda lazy that anime keeps reproducing basically the same SoL simply by changing what kind of sport they play. Are we ever going to see a SoL show with a different set of personalities? All of "cuteness" look to me very trite, over-the-top and trying too hard. I guess there is a limit to how much sugar I can take, despite having some of the CGDCT shows as my favourites.
Oct 13, 2019 9:56 AM

Oct 2013
Its so... Boring. The only remedy for boosting the entertainment value of these shows (cute girls doing cute things, sports) is a really generous dose of comedy.
Oct 13, 2019 9:58 AM

Mar 2019
Bold creative decision to make a cute girls doing cute things show without any memorable gags or likeable characters.
Watch Granbelm
Oct 13, 2019 10:19 AM

Nov 2016
Standard cute girls show with rifles.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 13, 2019 10:22 AM

Mar 2019
Wow I enjoyed this first ep
They are all very cute even if they don't have an original personnality
Shooting is an interesting topic Im hyped for the next eps
Oct 13, 2019 10:28 AM

Jun 2017
Is 6' 27'' a new record for getting all the members together? I think the slowest was HaNaYaMaTa, with their last member joining at the end of episode 9 or so.

Oct 13, 2019 10:31 AM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
emilyck said:
Bold creative decision to make a cute girls doing cute things show without any memorable gags or likeable characters.

Lol, well said 😄
Aside from the moe-factor, there’s not much else going for this show yet, certainly not enough to merit the current 9.18 score IMO 🤨

Edit: From the time i started typing this msg to when i hit “submit”, the score has dropped to 6.48, so... yeah... wow 😅
gappasaurusOct 13, 2019 10:35 AM
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Oct 13, 2019 10:43 AM

Aug 2018
Wow, that club sure did formed fast.

Iether way: I think that Yukio-chan by far is best girl already. Kuudere's really deserve some more appreciation.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Oct 13, 2019 10:53 AM

Mar 2016
I'm glad Hikari's friend addressed the elephant in the room. Who has ever heard of the term 'beam rifle' outside of that context? But it seems like it is a real thing in Japan.

This first episode was like watching a highlight reel. I thought they were just playing around with the formula when we got an insert song seven minutes in, but nope, I think this is just the most laziest and boring way to adapt a 4-koma. I can't tell what is self-aware and what isn't. Hopefully I can get used to it because I was really looking forward to this one and I think it looks good. Was kind of hard to sit through tough, not gonna lie.
syncrogazerOct 13, 2019 1:03 PM
Oct 13, 2019 10:58 AM
Feb 2017
Either we've stepped into a timeline where gendo ikari has lost all track of his cloning experiments or the staff just wanted to use this production to make a show where half of the lead characters are a blatant EVA knockoff.
Erica is a half japanese tsundere with a fragile ego, red hair and red hair ornaments who is threatened by the quiet girl with the blue hair. they are so aware of it that before the 20 minute marks hits they make fun of her for being a whole other character!
It's dumb as hell but all in all the first episode flowed nicely, it has some good self awareness and the animation was solid. not a big fan of machico's voice but ok.
Not very engaging and nothing new to say the least but a pleasant surprise.
Oct 13, 2019 11:16 AM

Mar 2019
I'm a fan of both SoL and CGDCT but why do I feel like this is going to be extremely generic? I was interested to see how this sport is but seeing how it's just beam rifles I have a feeling that the rifle shooting aspect is going to be left aside
Wait a minute, how did this happen? We're smarter than this!
Oct 13, 2019 11:45 AM

May 2018
Becoming a better shooter is more about training your eyes than anything else, so beam rifles are still very relevant to the sport. Also, real olympic rifles use (used?) a variation of the .22 cartridge called the .22 short, which ballistically is barely a step above a high end pellet gun. The skills you learn from shooting a beam rifle 100% transfer over to shooting real firearms.

The reason why Izumi’s stance was better than Hikari’s is because the former provides a more stable platform with a center of gravity over the middle instead of out front. Hikari’s original stance might be more appropriate for a large bore rifle or shotgun, but Izumi’s will always be the more stable stance (and therefore more accurate). I hope they go over things like sight alignment and trigger squeeze in future episodes.

I once worked at a large firearms training facility and in our classrooms we used real firearms (Glock’s and ARs) with laser beam inserts that were hooked up to compressed air tanks to simulate recoil. Even though it’s not live-fire, this system is very effective at training both the eyes and muscle memory and both military and law enforcement now train with similar systems.
BestDogeKoromaruOct 13, 2019 12:48 PM
Oct 13, 2019 11:45 AM

Apr 2015
So is this a yay or nay anime? Sounds pretty meh from what people here have said.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Oct 13, 2019 12:29 PM

May 2018
WTF they use lasers to shoot a target?????
Man that's lame .

Real Olympic Rifle shooting uses Air Rifles with tiny lead pellets.
Oct 13, 2019 12:55 PM

Dec 2018
Cute girls with rifles and a lot of flirting nice heart warming moments.And I like the animation even the CGI was beautiful very nicely done,, It blended in very well with the style and didn't looked weird or out of place

And my lesbians had a lot of fun ,, Hikaris breast was fondled by Erika!! Love to see that. I think thats is good!! Girls should touch each other way way more often!!,, For world peace and stuff!!

Love to see those warm female on female interactions ,,Its was very gay and Hikari even smelled Erikas used cloth and said ""mmh its smells so good like Erika",,YEEES!!!!!

A fucking awesome first episode!! You have 8/10 ramp up the Yuri and more point will follow!! Cya next week!!

Yuri-CrusaderOct 13, 2019 1:26 PM
Oct 13, 2019 12:58 PM
Apr 2013
The pacing was surprisingly fast for a sports/SoL anime hybrid, but it didn't feel too bad. The girls are kinda generic but likeable, the art looks cheap but cute, so overall this seems like it'll turn into a 6-7 range anime. Will probably continue, since I can't get enoguh slice of life and girls doing sports.
Oct 13, 2019 1:01 PM

May 2018
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Man that's lame .

The skills and techniques are the exact same for both, so “lame” is definitely subjective. If you suck at shooting one, you’ll suck at shooting the other (and vice versa). The US military has been using laser technology for training for the last four decades and in the past two they have started using an immersive system that uses pneumatic recoil and wall-sized projectors. Law enforcement also now trains using a similar system in a shoot-house type layout using live-action footage.

My point being, the use digital technology to train is both useful and effective and shouldn’t be looked down upon so easily.
Oct 13, 2019 1:06 PM

Dec 2018
live posting:

me, an utter buffoon: what's with all the pokeballs everywhere?

aand her dreams r ded

me, someone that has never watched evangelion: ok, but that redhead looks familiar

weird boob comparison scene, of course... oh Japan...

oh god, she's sniffing the borrowed clothes!

wow, those two are super close...

it was like the show just freeze framed on Hikari's face when the others were talking about her jokes. Not super long, but just long enough to be noticeable. weeird

well, those are some tough-looking opponents in the ed
~~
ehh, there's not much to it yet. MIght watch until the first competition to see how that rolls out
Oct 13, 2019 1:24 PM

May 2018
BestDogeKoromaru said:
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Man that's lame .

The skills and techniques are the exact same for both, so “lame” is definitely subjective. If you suck at shooting one, you’ll suck at shooting the other (and vice versa). The US military has been using laser technology for training for the last four decades and in the past two they have started using an immersive system that uses pneumatic recoil and wall-sized projectors. Law enforcement also now trains using a similar system in a shoot-house type layout using live-action footage.

My point being, the use digital technology to train is both useful and effective and shouldn’t be looked down upon so easily.

They used it in the military and Law enforcement , but it's different in the Olympics, in fact they don't use those things Olympic Air rifle shooter train in using live lead pellet checkout the youtube link, Mr wonderful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yFEFY4fDy8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBrEI6z9uXQ
JiangHaoyi1979Oct 13, 2019 1:38 PM
Oct 13, 2019 1:57 PM

Aug 2012

Hikari reminds me so much of Run from A-Channel.
Oct 13, 2019 2:08 PM

Dec 2016
MrAwesome2018 said:

Hikari reminds me so much of Run from A-Channel.

And Yukio also feels like Tohru from A-Channel, a snide Kudere with a napoleon complex and some weird fixation on boobs
KimurahOct 13, 2019 6:58 PM
Oct 13, 2019 4:09 PM

Feb 2017
This wasn't bad but it wasn't exceptional in anything.
Oct 13, 2019 4:24 PM

Oct 2010
was kinda boring and felt really rushed. But I like it enough. I also love how it's kinda going all "A Hideo Kojima game" with all the eyecatches. It's impossible NOT to see "Rifle is Beautiful" all over the place. There was like what...4 eyecatches? + 1 OP logo and ending preview. This makes it even more hilarious that Sentai is trying to make "Chidori RSC" a thing. The end was the best when they literally said it out in English while the subs said "Chidori RSC". This kind of bad localization combined with their 1 Mbps 1080p, Sentai really is the worst in the game in the US.
Oct 13, 2019 5:45 PM

Oct 2017
As with any cgdct, it's a question of whether the girls work for individual watcher. And they worked great for me! Designs are nothing super distinctive, but the dynamic between the four of them just hit the spot for me. I especially like asuka and rei, or whatever their names were.

Pacing is weird though. Hoping it was just an issue of needing to get a lot done in a single episode. Let's see what the director and the rest of the production team can do in future episodes because if it would just slow down a bit, even for a moment, I think this could be really great.

Also hoping to see them in competition moving forward which seems likely from the ED.

6/10
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Oct 13, 2019 7:02 PM

May 2010
Eh-- hair shortened Hakase wearing Sakamto's ribbon...

I only dig the SoL/Cgdct part since I'm not into shooter things. Probably my kind of stuff until plot kicks in.
Oct 13, 2019 7:22 PM

Jun 2016
Cute girls shooting rifles is something that definitely interests me even if they're the type they use in Olympic competitions. It had some humorous scenes too. I'm liking it so far.

I haven't read the manga to compare it to but I think some people are being too harsh in judging what's only one episode so far. I'm myself looking forward to what the next few episodes are like.
Oct 13, 2019 7:23 PM

Oct 2008
Cute Girls Doing Rifle Things! CGDRT
Hikari nonchalantly said "Beam Rifle" but she doesn't even know a thing about Gundam!? That's total Blasphemy!!! LOLZ
5/5.

Oct 13, 2019 7:36 PM

Oct 2015
In my opinion this was plain boring, like having a plain slice of bread with water. Shit that was so lame, I swear I almost dozed off from the stuff.

They should sell this at a drug store, on an insomnia section. Shit I didn't expect this!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 13, 2019 7:39 PM

Jul 2016
The pacing was indeed quite fast (the "club is about to shut down" issue was solved in less than 8 minutes) but I guess they did it in order to focus on the competition aspect from now on so the next episodes should have a more steady story progression. Or at least, that's what I hope...

Regarding the main cast, Hikari and co., as characters, were quite generic as expected but entertaining enough in my opinion and since I have a thing for Kuudere girls, I hope Yukio can live up to my expectations.

Anyways, that said and leaving aside the pacing, it was a lovely first episode.
Oct 13, 2019 8:29 PM
Mar 2017
Well ... the formula of cute girls doing cute things appears this season, I didn't have much faith in this anime, but the doses of sweetness in this episode made me change my mind.

The positive thing about this episode was that although the rifle shooting club was going to be closed, the four FMCs solved the problem in less than an afternoon, the funny thing is that they all knew each other before they entered highschool, Hikari and Izumi are childhood friends, Erika was defeated by Hikari in a shooting competition and Yukio defeated Hikari in the same competition, simple, fast and fun.
As for the characters, their designs and personalities are too adorable, even if they are the classic cliches of school anime: Erika is the tsundere, Yukio is the kudere, Izumi is the studious girl and childhood friend of the FMC and finally Hikari is the Clumsy girl but the one who strives to achieve her goals.

Anyway, I think I stay with these girls, I need my weekly dose of sweetness and cuteness, seeing both the OP and the ED, I can appreciate that the competitions will have girls with quite funny designs and I hope their personalities are too.

What I liked about this anime is that the VAs are little known or practically are their first main roles and I must admit that I am very happy with their interpretation.
Oct 13, 2019 8:34 PM

Jan 2011
What's up with English having a different name? THE NAME IS IN ENGLISH! No doubt (((they))) who are trying to take our guns away are involved.
Oct 13, 2019 9:01 PM

Jan 2011
lihle808 said:
In my opinion this was plain boring, like having a plain slice of bread with water. Shit that was so lame, I swear I almost dozed off from the stuff.

They should sell this at a drug store, on an insomnia section. Shit I didn't expect this!
I would expect someone with a Naruto avatar to be this new to anime.
Oct 13, 2019 10:14 PM

Dec 2016
I really wanted to like this anime because as a teenager I used to do target shooting. But two things have all ready irked me into dropping this anime.

1) "Laser Beam Riffle" No what they are supposed to be shooting is "ISSF 10 meter air rifle" but I guess pellet guns are not PC enough anymore and they have to use glorified Nintendo Zapper light guns.

2) The coats and clothing.Way over stated, Yes the coats do reduce muscle fatigue but the main thing they do is prevent slippage. But they can't be too stiff here's the official rule:
"The use of any special devices, means or clothing, including the use of Kinesio, medical or similar taping, which immobilizes or unduly reduces the movement of the athlete's legs, body or arms, is prohibited for rifle, pistol and running target athletes in order to ensure that athletes’ performance skillsare not artificially improved."

Too generic and too wrong to be interesting.

Oct 14, 2019 12:37 AM

Nov 2016
so there are sisters from Gegege no Kitarou, Kawaikereba Hentai demo Suki ni Natte Kuremasu ka? & Hidan no Aria
Oct 14, 2019 1:59 AM
Jul 2018
When I was in the RAF I joined the gun club at my base and also the drill and ceremonial club so I hope this anime won't disappoint. I wasn't expecting it to be so cutesy. Hoping it will have a good story to carry it.
Oct 14, 2019 4:09 AM

Jun 2017
I liked it, sure the character personalities are pretty standard but the expressions and voices they got are top notch.

I haven't watched any CGDCT last season so it was pretty fresh and about time to pick one up.
Oct 14, 2019 6:10 AM

Jan 2017
So we got low cost Asuka and Rei from Evangelion with Nazi Loli Yuika from Hensuki shooting lasers and doing MOE stuff.

Why not it might be a good CGDCT.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rifle Is Beautiful Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 18, 2020

41 by Fail_Man_X »»
May 3, 2023 7:25 AM

Poll: » Rifle Is Beautiful Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2019

20 by Fail_Man_X »»
May 2, 2023 6:47 AM

Poll: » Rifle Is Beautiful Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2019

27 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 11, 2023 3:33 AM

Poll: » Rifle Is Beautiful Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2019

37 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 11, 2023 3:31 AM

Poll: » Rifle Is Beautiful Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2019

23 by Gvendoline »»
Jun 16, 2021 8:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.