Forum Settings
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 13, 2019 4:05 AM
Dec 2018
1. Can someone explain the plot after Mai was killed?
2. How was Shoka alive even after when Sakuta (bunny suit Sakuta) saved Mai and himself
3. Was the timeline reset after Sakuta (in the bunny suit) saved himself?

I really did enjoy the movie but I just don't really understand this timeline stuff. It would be greately appreciated if someone could explain.
Nov 11, 2019 10:01 PM

Dec 2015
Marty_McFlew said:
2. How was Shoka alive even after when Sakuta (bunny suit Sakuta) saved Mai and himself

I really did enjoy the movie but I just don't really understand this timeline stuff. It would be greately appreciated if someone could explain.

1. After Mai was killed, she also had a donor card, so she, instead of Sakuta, was the one to give Shoko a heart. Also, because of this, he and Shoko gets married.
2. She got the heart transplant conducted in time, so she lives. Basically like this,

Bunny Sakuta saves himself > timeline reset because of Shoko > Kid Shoko gets heart transplant in time before her disease gets worse > Sakuta and Future Shoko DOESN'T meet > Sakuta's puberty syndrome doesn't happen > anime series (ep 1-13) except the scar on his body > everybody lives and the car accident didn't happen since Future Shoko wasn't there to make him choose between Shoko and Mai.

There are three timelines in the movie, where he got involved in a car accident, he dies, Shoko gets his heart.
Where Mai sacrifices herself and she dies, Shoko gets her heart.
Where everyone lives, and the Rascal life continues without problems.
In the first two timelines, Future Shoko is involved so he will always need to make a choice.
insert steins gate

3. Well, yes. I don't remember much, but I think Shoko was the one to reset the timeline, she tried to make a timeline where she and Sakuta doesn't meet.

OtakuOneNov 11, 2019 10:27 PM
Nov 16, 2019 4:06 AM
May 2019
Can anyone explain, why shoko still alive at the end of movie? And why sakuta forget about shoko?
Nov 16, 2019 9:50 AM

Apr 2019
OtakuOne said:
Marty_McFlew said:

1. After Mai was killed, she also had a donor card, so she, instead of Sakuta, was the one to give Shoko a heart. Also, because of this, he and Shoko gets married.
2. She got the heart transplant conducted in time, so she lives. Basically like this,

Bunny Sakuta saves himself > timeline reset because of Shoko > Kid Shoko gets heart transplant in time before her disease gets worse > Sakuta and Future Shoko DOESN'T meet > Sakuta's puberty syndrome doesn't happen > anime series (ep 1-13) except the scar on his body > everybody lives and the car accident didn't happen since Future Shoko wasn't there to make him choose between Shoko and Mai.

There are three timelines in the movie, where he got involved in a car accident, he dies, Shoko gets his heart.
In the first two timelines, Future Shoko is involved so he will always need to make a choice.
insert steins gate

3. Well, yes. I don't remember much, but I think Shoko was the one to reset the timeline, she tried to make a timeline where she and Sakuta doesn't meet.

but how to explain the different story of elementary school that shouko didnt get so confidence about her future task and another one that shouko get confidence about it?

maybe sakuta have comeback to the past, indicated from sakuta starting get same effect when he goes to past, and cheer the little shouko about her future that she will be alive, then the timeline continued from the future sakuta start to dissapear because of future sakuta willn't meet the future shouko, then the timeline changed as the current sakuta and mai have a same feeling about heart donor, like the another timeline shouko got her memory from the future, then she got heart donor from mai's OVA movie, that explained on ending of the movie.

so, i think person that saved shouko from her disease and syndrome were sakuta. sry for my bad english :"(
MOE POWERRR !!!

Nov 16, 2019 10:09 AM

Dec 2015
remastered009 said:
Can anyone explain, why shoko still alive at the end of movie? And why sakuta forget about shoko?

She got the heart transplant in time. Sakuta forgot about Shoko because the whole timeline was reset.

EuphoniumX said:

but how to explain the different story of elementary school that shouko didnt get so confidence about her future task and another one that shouko get confidence about it?

maybe sakuta have comeback to the past, indicated from sakuta starting get same effect when he goes to past, and cheer the little shouko about her future that she will be alive, then the timeline continued from the future sakuta start to dissapear because of future sakuta willn't meet the future shouko, then the timeline changed as the current sakuta and mai have a same feeling about heart donor, like the another timeline shouko got her memory from the future, then she got heart donor from mai's OVA movie, that explained on ending of the movie.

so, i think person that saved shouko from her disease and syndrome were sakuta. sry for my bad english :"(

Your English is good enough, well, I think Future Sakuta didn't do anything, actually, since Shoko is the only one who could do the go back to the past thingy, note the title "Dreaming Girl", this is all dreams of the future, and possible timelines, Sakuta didn't know who was Elementary Shoko until he "dreamt" about the future in the beach. Mai also had a vague idea of who Shoko was because she also "dreamt" about her, thus the movie about Shoko in the end. Shoko also knew, because naturally, she was the one who have gone to the past and resolute herself for the future, thus in the end, making her dream journal complete. She got a heart donor in time, because of the movie of Mai, just like what you said.

Anyway, this is just my understanding of the movie. Hope they could atleast make a season 2.
Nov 16, 2019 10:36 AM

Sep 2011
Yeap, as I understood, when Shouko is in the ICU she tells Sakuta that she knows everything is a "dream", and that she will reset everything so that they don't meet and the events in the movie don't occur.

This left me with a couple of questions though.

First and foremost: why did little Shouko survived even though the "dream" showed she would have need a transplant in the future?

As you mentioned, the idea is that all of them kind of retained those "dreams", that's why Mai did that movie, and Shouko got a transplant thanks to the "publicity".

But then my second question was...: Why did everything happened exactly the same??

They finished everything as if Shouko's presence in their lives had no effect!! Everything happening exactly the same even if she isn't there is really sad.

During the movie, Sakuta discusses with Futaba the possibility of restarting again, and Futaba tells him how that is pretty uncertain, because if adult Shouko doesn't exist and doesn't meet with Sakuta, he probably would have never gone to that highschool and meet... basically anyone in the series.

Is this because he retained those "dreams" too, and without knowing he ended up in the same school nevertheless, or is it just because? No reason?

Anyways, it was an amazing movie.
"If you wish so ardently for your life to disappear then give it to me!"
Nov 20, 2019 2:30 PM
Jan 2014
So basically Shouko's syndrome is like a more powerful version of Koga's syndrome, where she "dreamed" a whole life and then come back to the present except that her dreams influenced the lives of other people, which lead to Mai to make a movie about heart transplant which lead to publicity and that saved her life, that means that the final timeline is a world where none of the main cast met Shouko but some people (the main cast) had dreams about the different timelines.

sorry for my bad english
Nov 21, 2019 1:42 PM

Sep 2011
Zero1827 said:
So basically Shouko's syndrome is like a more powerful version of Koga's syndrome, where she "dreamed" a whole life and then come back to the present except that her dreams influenced the lives of other people, which lead to Mai to make a movie about heart transplant which lead to publicity and that saved her life, that means that the final timeline is a world where none of the main cast met Shouko but some people (the main cast) had dreams about the different timelines.

sorry for my bad english

I don't really see it as a more powerful version of Koga's syndrome. They are similar in how they help its user, but they work completely different. For starters, during Koga's event, no one could remember the repetitions (except Sakuta because of his quantum entanglement with Koga), because they just didn't happen. She was predicting it. What we saw was a simulation.
However, as I understand, all the things we see in the movie DO happen. They are just different alternate realities (that Shouko can see) so to speak. That's why they all remember them as dreams afterwards.

I was going to explain it in details but is too extense to be honest xDD But I thought clearing that was important at least, to understand the differences. It is confusing because during the movie they call them past present and future to make it simpler, but it's not like that.
MyrgaNov 23, 2019 2:21 PM
Nov 22, 2019 9:51 AM
Dec 2018
So i just watch the movie and it is great and about the whole time line here what i think the best explanation:
-every thing has a beginning include the 13eps and the movie.The 13 eps is what the movie is split into 2 time line
1.where sakuta dies and shoko lives
2.where Mai dies and Shoko lives
-when Bunny Sakuta save himself that destroy the other 2 time line and give a 3th one where the events of all 13eps happen and things all the same.
-when 7grade Shoko go back in time to reset that she never met Sakuta then the 3th time line and 13 eps was replaced by a 4th time line where things go not too different from the original time line so that why Sakuta still met Mai and the story go a bit different from what we watch in 13eps
=> the begin of the story begin where 4grade Shoko did her homework if she never did then we have time line 1 and 2 so when shoko return in time to do her work she remembered all the 1 2 and 3 time line that why she remembered all the events and Sakuta was able to remember is because of quantum entanglement. Shoko reset time now after witness all the events she found what i call reason to live so she live, she never met Sakuta and the story continues.
In conclusion: Shoko never did the home work we have 13eps and time line 1 2 happened. Bunny Sakuta save himself 13eps and 3th time line happens . And finally Shoko return in time to the beginning to make all 1 2 3 time lines never appear and make the 4th.And every things we watch form ep1 to 13 and 1h15' of the movie happens but they were never in the main time line. Shoko syndrome is like GER reset thing to the point of 0.
This is my take on the whole time line things in the movie. If u have questions or there is something i said above doesn't fit then leave a reply so i can watch it. I won't reply after December 31st since is the new year and there are other things to watch
Nov 22, 2019 9:20 PM
Oct 2018
WARNING:spoiler
There're 4 paralle world in this movie. Each world have 1 of main characters die, and the final world is the happy ending.
The 1st world: is where Sakuta die, and Shouko-san help Mai-san come back and save him
"i love you more than you think"
(which been cut off form the movie, to make it's easy to understand)
The 2nd world: The 1st Mai-san infrom 2nd Mai-san so she know the locastion where Sakuta die, so she can save him.
The 3rd world: Sakuta have a connection with the Kouhai, so he become actualization, and can save him self.
The 4th world is some how Sakuta come back 3 years and save Shouko form Heat-failure ( which can not be treat with current medicine)
And everything are just the movie

Sorry for my terrible English. Hope you can understand.
Nov 22, 2019 9:29 PM
Oct 2018
So the result
1st world: Sakuta die, Shouko and then Mai-san come back
2nd world: Mai-san die, Sakuta come back
3rd world: Shouko-san die, Mai-san lets Sakuta come back
4th world: They're all servive

So it's take 3 World, 3 death and take a lot of effort to make a happy ending
Nov 23, 2019 6:16 PM
Aug 2018
can anyone explain why at the end of the film sakuta can remember shoko (during the flashback scene). even though before sakuta didn't remember it?
Nov 29, 2019 6:20 AM

Sep 2011
_afath said:
can anyone explain why at the end of the film sakuta can remember shoko (during the flashback scene). even though before sakuta didn't remember it?

He did remember it. He just forgot. (I know this sounds contradicting but let me explain).
Everything wee see during the movie actually happened, but he remembers it as a dream, not as real.

Haven't you ever had this feeling of having frogotten what you have dreamt that night, and just then someone mentions something about a dog, and your brain just sees enlightenment, suddenly remembering: oh, I dreamt about a dog today!

That's most probably the same that happens to Sakuta.
Nov 29, 2019 2:34 PM
Oct 2016
So, I guess Shouko san had reading Steiner?
Nov 30, 2019 7:52 AM
Jan 2019
Myrga said:
Yeap, as I understood, when Shouko is in the ICU she tells Sakuta that she knows everything is a "dream", and that she will reset everything so that they don't meet and the events in the movie don't occur.

This left me with a couple of questions though.

First and foremost: why did little Shouko survived even though the "dream" showed she would have need a transplant in the future?

As you mentioned, the idea is that all of them kind of retained those "dreams", that's why Mai did that movie, and Shouko got a transplant thanks to the "publicity".

But then my second question was...: Why did everything happened exactly the same??

They finished everything as if Shouko's presence in their lives had no effect!! Everything happening exactly the same even if she isn't there is really sad.

During the movie, Sakuta discusses with Futaba the possibility of restarting again, and Futaba tells him how that is pretty uncertain, because if adult Shouko doesn't exist and doesn't meet with Sakuta, he probably would have never gone to that highschool and meet... basically anyone in the series.

Is this because he retained those "dreams" too, and without knowing he ended up in the same school nevertheless, or is it just because? No reason?

Anyways, it was an amazing movie.

I guess mai went back to past to make him remember her.. In bunny suit in first ep
Dec 1, 2019 12:13 AM
Jan 2017
so the moral of the story is this:

kids, always finish your homework.
Dec 7, 2019 6:05 PM
May 2017
hikkiyuki said:
So, I guess Shouko san had reading Steiner?

Comment of the day, you made my day and I really laughed so much, reading steiner you said 😂😂😂😂
Dec 13, 2019 9:22 PM

May 2014
Chungdirung said:
So the result
1st world: Sakuta die, Shouko and then Mai-san come back
2nd world: Mai-san die, Sakuta come back
3rd world: Shouko-san die, Mai-san lets Sakuta come back
4th world: (Sakuta come back 3 years and save Shouko form Heat-failure) They're all servive

So it's take 3 World, 3 death and take a lot of effort to make a happy ending

I don't think Sakuta goes back in time. I have the impression that it was Shouko. It all began with the fact that she was afraid of her future and could not decide, therefore her syndrome arose. So at the end of the film, she decided not to grieve and not burden Sakuta with her own problems, that's why she wanted to change future. Therefore, she wrote her dreams at lesson in school as she should. Perhaps she lived a full life and didn't care about the disease. Maybe by accident fate somehow caused her recovery.

But this is not important, it's now obvious that Sakuta and the rest survived in the 4th world.

Because history has changed again the question is, others fate has not changed? I am thinking in particular about younger sister. Did she still has the syndrome? It looked ambiguous in last scenes. Or maybe she has just a more delicate character after "reading the diary in the hospital" scene from the TV series. I'm curious of it. Although it is known now that, if it's true, the main character will be able to solve it (because he has already done it once).
BankaiGokuDec 13, 2019 9:36 PM
### ||| 私はアニメと日本文化が大好きです ||| ###"Kago-ni noru hito, katsugu hito, sono mata waraji-o tsukuru." ###
Apr 11, 2020 11:43 AM
Apr 2020
thank you for the spoiler
i really need it
now im ready to watch it
i watched 3d kanojo without spoiler tough its has happy ending but still theres unsettling feeling within
never watch anime series or movie without first research for the spoiler
Jul 1, 2020 6:40 PM
Dec 2019
Future Sakuta saves his past self meaning no one dies from the car accident but Shoko is in danger of dying. She wants Sakuta to forget about meeting her so he can live happily and without regrets, so she goes back to her 4th-grade self and finishes her "Goals In Life" sheet causing her to never get puberty syndrome.

This causes a new timeline where Sakuta never meets Shoko which means he never gets a scar. The timeline plays out as the previous one (the proof for this is when Sakuta and Mai sit on the bench and Sakuta reflects on the year). Mai then takes a role for a movie about Shoko's disease and doesn't hesitate to accept it due to the dream-effect (where the user dreams of events that may have occurred in the future or another timeline). This causes Shoko to get a donation from a random person who watched the movie.

Now we are where we are currently and Sakuta and Mai see Shoko with her parents at the beach. Sakuta is about to walk away when he remembers Shoko from the previous timeline. Shoko gets happy because now Sakuta remembers her.

If a season 2 happens then maybe Mai and other characters will remember this alternate timeline. So basically this movie is the future from a timeline which never occurred. Sakuta and Mai spent their time up to New Years as any normal couple would.
Jul 2, 2020 8:34 PM
Jul 2020
So what exactly is Shoko's puberty syndrome? and how exactly it is affecting Sakuta's future?
Jul 6, 2020 1:44 AM
Jul 2020
so 4 timelines are parallel together or the future has change so the happy ending timeline (everyone alived) is the last and main timeline and 3 other timelines is now just dissapear?
sorry my English pretty bad ;-;
Sep 5, 2020 8:08 AM
Sep 2020
If the timeline has been reset, is Mai still going to be alive? Or no?
Sep 13, 2020 12:36 AM
Feb 2012
I will try to explain some of plot points.

1. The time travel plot is that the present known the future occurrence because the present try to reject the future and want to change. The method to send that information back is dreaming. It doesn't explain why though.

2. This is my hypothesis only. The Anime's director and author intend to leave this vague.
On the forth timeline, the ending chapter, Makinohara, Shoko decides to end adolescence syndrome by writing on her homework future plan.
This cause the inspiration of 'The girl with heart disease who wait for donor' movie starring Sakurajima, Mai. Somehow, The movie make her finding the donor faster. So, In this timeline, She is not sick and have never meet Azusagawa, Sakuta but the residual memory it's still there.

3. Most of the time on time travel plot, There are two things. The constant/event which can never change. The variable/event which can change.
In the ending, Makinohara, Shoko didn't meet the Azusagawa, Sakuta but it didn't undone all other events such as Azusagawa, Sakuta meeting Sakurajima, Mai, Resolving his sister's adolescence syndrome.
All of these are constant event which can never be changed by simply not encounter Makinohara, Shoko.

I'm hope that my English is not too bad and my explain is not too confusing.
Sep 16, 2020 4:08 AM
Aug 2018
The title of the movie is Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl. Emphasis on the Dreaming Girl which is Shoko.

What you see in S1 and the bulk of the movie is Shoko's simulation/dream of the future when she is stuck with that assignment in class. Her ability is similar to Tomoe except it happens in the scale of years.

After she decides at the end of the movie to move on and never meet Sakuta, everything happens more or less the same except for a few differences:

- Everyone has vague memories of the simulation/dream.
- Young Shoko never meets Sakuta, therefore older Shoko also will not meet Sakuta. Thus Sakuta will also not die or have the scar on his chest. However, Sakuta has vague memories of an older Shoko and still enrolls in the same high school.
- Mai also has vague memories so decides to make the movie about the heart disease when she has the chance. Movie was so good that it inspires more people to be donor and Shoko manages to get a heart much earlier this time.
Sep 23, 2020 7:08 PM
Aug 2020
OtakuOne said:
Marty_McFlew said:

insert steins gate

I was so scared I thought that they died permanently. Thanks for the clarification.
Jan 6, 2021 6:32 PM
Jan 2021
Is mai san really dead then?
Jan 13, 2021 4:42 AM
Dec 2020
Might be a late reply but here's how the endiing goes.

Shoko went back to the past(or present) and essentially everything that happened from episode 1 was reverted. Shoko was the only one that still retained her complete memories from the future but other characters like Sakuta may vaguely remember them as 'dreams,.

Shoko overcomes her anxiety for the future and fills out her assignement, which lead to the Puberty Syndrome never being developed. Therefore she never met Sakuta and Sakuta never had the scar on his chest. Time eventually passes and everything that happened from Ep1 repeats again except this time excluding parts which are related to Shoko.

Mai eventually starred in a Movie which story was similar to Shoko's life. The movie was a big hit and inspired more people in Japan to become organ donors, which indirectly saved Shoko as she was able to get a successful heart transplant. During the last scene, Sakuta and Shoko met at the beach again and this time Sakuta recalls his memories of her while Shoko was glad he recogionzed her since she was supposedly the only one that fully retains the memory of the future.
NerrveJan 13, 2021 4:46 AM
Apr 21, 2021 11:36 AM
Apr 2021
I got like 2 questions if someone may please answer me since I just watched the movie
1. What was the ending? Where Sakuta yells Shoko’s name and Shoko like starts crying
2. Are Mai and Sakuta still dating? I’m to slow to understand if they were.
May 1, 2021 7:19 AM
Jun 2016
yvngjose said:
I got like 2 questions if someone may please answer me since I just watched the movie
1. What was the ending? Where Sakuta yells Shoko’s name and Shoko like starts crying

1. Shoko still retained memories of the other timelines or her "dreams" thus she still knows Sakuta, while Sakuta vaguely retained his memories of the other timelines through dreams. So the ending is Sakuta remembering everything about Shoko and Shoko being surprised ( tears of joy ) that Sakuta still remembered her.

2. Mai and Sakuta are still dating, yes. Everything that happened in the 13 ep series still happened except Sakuta never met the middle school Shoko and the high school Shoko. As to why Sakuta still attended Minegahara despite not meeting the high school Shoko, he dreamt of the events of the other timelines so he might have dreamt of the high school Shoko, then recognizing the high school Shoko's uniform ( uniform of Minegahara ), went on to attend Minegahara, thus the 13 ep series's events still happened.
May 1, 2021 7:19 AM
Jun 2016
yvngjose said:

1. Shoko still retained memories of the other timelines or her "dreams" thus she still knows Sakuta, while Sakuta vaguely retained his memories of the other timelines through dreams. So the ending is Sakuta remembering everything about Shoko after seeing her in the beach and Shoko being surprised ( tears of joy ) that Sakuta still somehow managed to remember her.

2. Mai and Sakuta are still dating, yes. Everything that happened in the 13 ep series still happened except Sakuta never met the middle school Shoko and the high school Shoko. As to why Sakuta still attended Minegahara despite not meeting the high school Shoko, he dreamt of the events of the other timelines so he might have dreamt of the day the other Sakuta met the high school Shoko in the beach after he got the scar, then recognizing the high school Shoko's uniform ( uniform of Minegahara ), went on to attend Minegahara, thus the 13 ep series's events still happened.
-Schwarze-May 1, 2021 7:23 AM
May 30, 2021 9:25 AM
Jul 2017
-Schwarze- said:
yvngjose said:

1. Shoko still retained memories of the other timelines or her "dreams" thus she still knows Sakuta, while Sakuta vaguely retained his memories of the other timelines through dreams. So the ending is Sakuta remembering everything about Shoko after seeing her in the beach and Shoko being surprised ( tears of joy ) that Sakuta still somehow managed to remember her.

2. Mai and Sakuta are still dating, yes. Everything that happened in the 13 ep series still happened except Sakuta never met the middle school Shoko and the high school Shoko. As to why Sakuta still attended Minegahara despite not meeting the high school Shoko, he dreamt of the events of the other timelines so he might have dreamt of the day the other Sakuta met the high school Shoko in the beach after he got the scar, then recognizing the high school Shoko's uniform ( uniform of Minegahara ), went on to attend Minegahara, thus the 13 ep series's events still happened.

2. So Indirectly, those dreams saved him when he was in the beach feel depressed about Kaede. Also he still had puberty syndrome and scar eventhough he didnt meet middle school Shouko.
Jun 4, 2021 10:56 AM
Sep 2014
Robinson_Thomas said:
So i just watch the movie and it is great and about the whole time line here what i think the best explanation:
-every thing has a beginning include the 13eps and the movie.The 13 eps is what the movie is split into 2 time line
1.where sakuta dies and shoko lives
2.where Mai dies and Shoko lives
-when Bunny Sakuta save himself that destroy the other 2 time line and give a 3th one where the events of all 13eps happen and things all the same.
-when 7grade Shoko go back in time to reset that she never met Sakuta then the 3th time line and 13 eps was replaced by a 4th time line where things go not too different from the original time line so that why Sakuta still met Mai and the story go a bit different from what we watch in 13eps
=> the begin of the story begin where 4grade Shoko did her homework if she never did then we have time line 1 and 2 so when shoko return in time to do her work she remembered all the 1 2 and 3 time line that why she remembered all the events and Sakuta was able to remember is because of quantum entanglement. Shoko reset time now after witness all the events she found what i call reason to live so she live, she never met Sakuta and the story continues.
In conclusion: Shoko never did the home work we have 13eps and time line 1 2 happened. Bunny Sakuta save himself 13eps and 3th time line happens . And finally Shoko return in time to the beginning to make all 1 2 3 time lines never appear and make the 4th.And every things we watch form ep1 to 13 and 1h15' of the movie happens but they were never in the main time line. Shoko syndrome is like GER reset thing to the point of 0.
This is my take on the whole time line things in the movie. If u have questions or there is something i said above doesn't fit then leave a reply so i can watch it. I won't reply after December 31st since is the new year and there are other things to watch

This is the best possible explanation but the movie is so intertwined that my head starts hurting thinking about it.
It's not the usual time travel because some of it is also related to Shota san dream ability (or adolescents syndrome) but the explanation is the best one
Jun 4, 2021 10:59 AM
Sep 2014
-Schwarze- said:
yvngjose said:

Wow. Feels like i watching the anime was waste then.
That's the thing I don't like about watching time travel/alternate realities stuff. Still a great a movie and series tho
Jan 30, 2022 5:08 AM
Jan 2022
if anyone can answer this question please do how can makinohara remember sakuta if her future self never met sakuta wouldn't makinohara past self forgot sakuta if her future never sakuta because if your past self never sakuta then how can your past remember sakuta

Feb 24, 2022 11:52 PM
Sep 2011
Reevansingh21 said:
if anyone can answer this question please do how can makinohara remember sakuta if her future self never met sakuta wouldn't makinohara past self forgot sakuta if her future never sakuta because if your past self never sakuta then how can your past remember sakuta

Although it was explained kind of like time travel, her adolescence syndrome isn't actually time travel. It's the ability to recognize that what is happening is a dream about a potential future. Shouko recognizes Sakuta as the boy she dreamt of falling in love with.

What she dreamed of happened and didn't happen because dreams are the one place where you can abandon common sense. And the way it actually works can be thought of like this situation: You're asleep and dreaming. But then you realize, "Wait, this isn't actually happening; I'm dreaming and I have to wake up." Then you wake up and what you dreamt about was just a vivid dream.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Yumemiru Shoujo no Yume wo Minai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - Jun 15, 2019

309 by Tamer2002 »»
Yesterday, 3:35 AM

» Can Someone explain me the ending ? ( 1 2 )

Hoshimiya1 - Nov 30, 2019

59 by ryotakki »»
Dec 4, 2023 10:27 PM

» Shouko Makinohara's puberty syndrome

Alka_traz - Dec 28, 2022

14 by Amexia »»
Sep 2, 2023 11:43 PM

» Sequel Format : Movie. Limited Release January 7 on Japan

Dbagas8 - Dec 3, 2022

8 by kotosugu »»
Dec 4, 2022 6:26 AM

» Sequel Confirmed!

_MushiRock11_ - Sep 24, 2022

19 by Mamontt »»
Sep 24, 2022 9:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.