Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2019 5:20 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Glad this episode focused on cats and giving Neko an important role.

Honestly, I think this episode may be somewhat personal for her.
Oct 12, 2019 10:18 PM

Jan 2011
Uh, but Kitarou has left humans to be punished before.
Oct 13, 2019 1:20 AM

Oct 2008
Damn! Nurarihyon is an existence that Kitarou definitely can't turn a blind eye on!
he is really gathering Allies to overthrow the likes of Kitarou because of the main problem...the co-existence of Humans & Youkai...
5/5.

Oct 13, 2019 8:49 AM

Sep 2011
This episode was really good, and thought-provoking, Nurarihyon isn't playing any games. He went straight to Kitarou, and he isn't backing down. Neko-Sennin also raised some really good points. It's no wonder Neko-Musume wavered before steeling her resolve to fight him. And I absolutely love how this was ultimately her fight since Kitarou was turned into a cat. A fight against both Neko-Sennin and her own doubts. And his methods were indeed wrong, he wasn't helping the cats first, he was one-sidedly punishing the abusers, and even people who care about the cats, and probably never did anything to hurt one, like that old lady who needed her meds.

But it was gut-wrenching, and depressing to see how those humans reacted as soon as they were freed. They didn't spare a thought to the suffering of the cats. I was afraid Nurarihyon would try to win Neko-Musume over, like he did with those many youkais who were watching as Kitarou was unable to give them an answer. But at least for now it won't happen. She did what she had to do, as painful and unsatisfying as it may have been to help people like that. At least she helped that cat, who really cared about that old lady, and the old lady herself, and I'm sure that many others who are good people. "There are people who understand." I wonder if it's always going to be this hard to hold on to their beliefs while facing Nurarihyon, and his plots. I can't wait for more, but I'm kind of worried.
Oct 14, 2019 12:30 PM

Dec 2013
I wish Kitarou would help punish those humans who commit bad acts, unless the Yokai involved was in the right and not defeated only them he lets them do "their worst" to the humans, that's something that has been always in my mind, Kitarou helps the humans way more than Yokai, Nurarihyon kinda has me on their side too.
Oct 15, 2019 4:10 PM

Oct 2010
I thought the previous arc was weak, focusing on a fairly standard anime anti-hero, but this one looks to be a return to form for the show, with the conflict involving human society in general again. I really liked this episode's dilemma and how it tied into the main plot.

Although the story's resolution relied on exploiting the negative side of humans they still showed that there were some better people too - while it'd have been very easy to just ignore that altogether.
Jan 11, 2020 9:14 AM

Feb 2014
Episode centered around Neko-Musume and focused on raising awareness on the treatment of pets in Japan.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gegege no Kitarou (2018) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

moodie - Mar 31, 2018

109 by TripleC »»
Oct 23, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Gegege no Kitarou (2018) Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2018

27 by gabrielloki »»
Aug 31, 2023 5:38 PM

Poll: » Gegege no Kitarou (2018) Episode 95 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

7 by Punkero »»
Mar 31, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Gegege no Kitarou (2018) Episode 93 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2020

10 by Punkero »»
Mar 29, 2023 5:35 PM

Poll: » Gegege no Kitarou (2018) Episode 88 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2020

8 by Punkero »»
Mar 8, 2023 5:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.