Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 14, 2019 8:56 AM
Jul 2016
I've already read ahead, and I'm just glad they're doing the story great justice in how the emotional scenes are portrayed. I, for one, like how the show is not keeping Takezo & Hiro a mere "second-string" couple to the inherent/latent geniuses.
Oct 14, 2019 2:10 PM

Mar 2017
These ships are ready to sail and i'm so here for it! My heart feels so light and warm... this anime is too precious and so are all the characters! ❤
Oct 14, 2019 5:32 PM

Jul 2017
The romance/ships episode I would say. A bit of a lax after the events of the competition that is aptly needed.

But first, Takminami-sensei giving them the push to a smaller goal but to the next. Which shows his change of heart. And Tetsuki as study advisor. Wow the X and Y feels, although Mathematics is complicated. But deep down, Tetsuki is grateful for Kurata for saving Chika's life and turning his world upside down into a life of purpose. What a friend he has in solace.

More trouble for Hiro (even though it was momentary), but Takezo took it with his stride to protect like he did before. Same for Hozuki too, with flustering feelings for Chika.

So...could it be? Hiro X Kurata and Hozuki X Chika??? If by any standards, this was a nice addition to characterization.

Another nice episode, taking more shape now.
Oct 14, 2019 5:59 PM

Sep 2018
I like Takaoka! He's the nerd guy but cool type ! He knows how to cook too! Husband material ❤

Ayiieee! So there's another couple? It's more obvious now than in s1 haha

Kyaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!! Their faces! Houzuki and Kudou.. it's so sweet! Houzuki don't want other girls to see Kudou smile hahahah

It's hanging huhu this is more sweet than shoujo romance lol why there's no romance tag here? When love is in the air everywhere lol
Oct 14, 2019 7:46 PM
Jun 2013
FuMomo-kun said:
This was a surprisingly boring episode. It had too much focus on romance between characters who haven't been properly fleshed out yet.

Not properly fleshed out? did you even watched season 1? the sexual tension between the main couples are there since the beginning and is reaching the roof lol
Oct 14, 2019 8:34 PM

Mar 2016
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
FuMomo-kun said:
This was a surprisingly boring episode. It had too much focus on romance between characters who haven't been properly fleshed out yet.

Not properly fleshed out? did you even watched season 1? the sexual tension between the main couples are there since the beginning and is reaching the roof lol

Sexual tension does not mean a character has been fleshed out. The characters don't feel like proper humans yet, and the anime is trying to focus too much on romance before making them feel like proper humans that we can care about.

I know some people just like romance no matter what, but I need to care about a character first before I care about their love lives or goals in life. However, I don't know simple things about these characters like their hobbies, their favourite foods, their least favourite food, their guilty pleasures, their least favourite activities, the genres they enjoy, the clothes they prefer to wear, the colours they like, their childish fears, etc. Maybe we will learn about these things in the future, but we don't know them yet. So, it's still too early for a romance arc.
Oct 14, 2019 10:33 PM
Mar 2015
Too much forced romance
Oct 15, 2019 12:07 AM

Feb 2014
Aww... the ships are finally sailing. Quite adorable to see their youths bloom.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 15, 2019 9:19 AM
Nov 2007
Started this one yesterday and what an awesome ride i t has been so far. Chika and Satowa as a couple will be prefect. Strong gilr like Satowa will handle the mad dog without any issues
Oct 16, 2019 4:31 PM

Jan 2017
Ehistox said:
Ahhh so many ships, my heart can't take it

Let's hope that this will not become a Pearl Harbor in few episodes because of some dumb shitty plot twist.

One of the best episode so far including S1.
Oct 16, 2019 6:15 PM

Oct 2017
Was a prrety good chapter, it seems that the pression of the feelings they have are getting out of them little by little.
I really hope that they end together please!
Live to the couples ships!
-¡Give yourself to me!
Oct 17, 2019 12:01 AM
Jan 2019
Ahhhh !, my heart was about to break out in this episode. I was really touched by the scene when Takezo defended Hiro from his despicable ex-boyfriend and ex-best friend, Takezo has my respects and I take my hat off, every time he becomes stronger and braver. It was also a beautiful scene when Chika accidentally kisses Hozuki ❤. I can't believe it, the love between those two couples has been growing little by little that they can't hide it anymore, the only one who doesn't realize is Chika, hahaha.
Professor Suzuka behaves like a true Koto Club advisor, it was about time! Now I like him much better. I was surprised by the intelligence of Tetsuki, he has a very peculiar way of teaching Chika and his friends, hahaha, ... he is a great friend.
In short, I loved this episode 😁.
Oct 18, 2019 2:05 PM

Apr 2016
It was an okay episode. The focus was more on romance and that’s a good thing, so I enjoyed it.
Oct 24, 2019 2:23 PM

Jun 2019
Too much romantic stuff, it seemed that I was watching a different anime. It seems that people were right in a topic here to focus so more on ships since Koto almost disappeared for one episode. Still quite enjoyable, but a bit cliché (cute, but somewhat forced, but not every series can have a slow and natural pace like Chihayafuru). People should definitely cry less, especially Kurata (not so respectable senpai "sonkei sareru beki senpai"). Otherwise, I still like Kurusu and her laughable "dark past" brought all the time by more whining people.

But, but, but, the maths scene was absolutely hilarious; guess I should teach like this in the future!

"You see these homology groups, they are hidden behind your topological space, and this is up to you guys to discover them as brilliant gems lost in a dark cave!"

" Discovering the uncharted territories of mathematics will make you the modern Columbus, but the salary and the safety conditions will be waaay much better."
Oct 28, 2019 4:16 AM
Sep 2017
FuMomo-kun said:
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:

Sexual tension does not mean a character has been fleshed out. The characters don't feel like proper humans yet, and the anime is trying to focus too much on romance before making them feel like proper humans that we can care about.

I know some people just like romance no matter what, but I need to care about a character first before I care about their love lives or goals in life. However, I don't know simple things about these characters like their hobbies, their favourite foods, their least favourite food, their guilty pleasures, their least favourite activities, the genres they enjoy, the clothes they prefer to wear, the colours they like, their childish fears, etc. Maybe we will learn about these things in the future, but we don't know them yet. So, it's still too early for a romance arc.

I beg to differ. I think introducing their favourite foods, their least favourite food, their guilty pleasures, their least favourite activities, the genres they enjoy, the clothes they prefer to wear, the colours they like, their childish fears, etc will just waste time in an anime. That part should really be put the extra. If you are really curious, the manga did introduce them. Besides, I think those things doesn't really matter for starting a romance.
Oct 30, 2019 5:13 AM

Apr 2018
Holy crap ships has been sailed in this episode. HiroxKurata is so cute and Kurata seemed to improve a lot like when he defended Hiro and gave the 'stare'. Also, it's the first time I've seen Chika became flustered with Hozuki which is cool
Nov 4, 2019 9:06 AM

Mar 2012
This just keeps on getting better and better :'D
Jan 12, 2020 2:02 PM

Aug 2017
Tetsuki is one of the most handsome side characters that I've seen.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 27, 2020 3:13 PM

Apr 2012
Nothing like summer romances at the height of winter.
Feb 6, 2020 2:05 PM

Jul 2015
Never knew X and Y had such a difficult life, Gambate X and Y!

19:26 OH DAMN THAT MAH BOI! that was one hell of a badass comeback

Mar 31, 2020 3:28 AM

Jun 2011
Cute asf, but annoying asf at the same time haha. Definitely more of a fan of Kurata x Kurusu right now, a "bad girl" like her falling for this timid guy is a troupe I quite enjoy xD
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 17, 2020 12:36 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Omg it was a really good romance episode, healing & cute !
Oct 14, 2020 2:41 AM

Jul 2020
some romance development. And good thing their advisor is finally helping them out.
Dec 7, 2020 12:55 PM

Jun 2013
The ships sure did start sailing this episode
Jan 13, 2021 3:02 AM

Apr 2009
Suzuka's taking his club advisor duties seriously and looking out for them, he even picks Sane to play the 17-string instead of Satowa which means he actually acknowledges each and every one of them...and the guys finally appreciate where he's coming from.

Apparently Tetsuki's actually smarter than all the four idiots combined, he has a funny but very effective motivational technique for them, and he even manages to feed them too!

...and apparently it's shipping season again, I though it never really ends but it seems to be beginning all over again. LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 18, 2021 3:08 AM

Jun 2020
Hozuki blocking Chika’s cute laughing face from the other girls WAS SO CUTE. I don’t blame her hahahaha

Takaoka the best boy & THE MUM. I love him!!!!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Nov 2, 2021 6:54 AM

May 2020
Feelings here, Feelings there, Feelings everywhere!!!
Good to see something apart from music.
Jun 15, 2022 8:38 PM
Jul 2018
Damn, it's been a long time since everyone in the Koto club ate a fun meal together at that restaurant where you cook your own food.

Also, LEZZGO, Kurusu is falling in love for Kurata! Kurata is such an amazing person. He protected Kurusu from being emotionally damaged by those two people who emotionally damaged her from before. COME ON YOU TWO, BECOME COUPLES
Mar 11, 3:19 PM

Mar 2019
Oh no, they are going all in with the romance. I really wish it wouldn't be about this. I can only hope that the reason Houzuki and Kurusu don't want to fall in love is that it will break the friendship in the club which would be an interesting development.

That being said, the way Takezou defended Kurusu was so good. Nonetheless, a good episode. And of course we have a school festival, wouldn't expect otherwise.

I have this fear that season 2 will end with the preliminaries for Nationals and end on a cliffhanger just like in season 1. I really hope that I'm wrong, lol.
Alex_TheForestMar 11, 3:22 PM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

117 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 19, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2019

142 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 19, 5:31 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2019

49 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 19, 4:34 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2019

49 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 18, 4:13 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2019

43 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 16, 5:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.