Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 1 Discussion

Oct 12, 2019 7:30 AM

If it was an OVA or a special I would have enjoyed it. But I definitely didn't like the first episode of the season being a filler
                 Sometimes the things that matter the most are right in front of you. ~ SAO

Oct 12, 2019 7:34 AM
Yap after soo many eps of My Hero Academia, we need to refresh our mind haha. You can say it's a recap eps, but it's also a meaningful eps. New symbol, new hope, it's Deku time!!!

Oct 12, 2019 7:41 AM

I'm guessing they always want to do a recap on the first episode for nostalgia sake and filler it for fun but I feel like it's a waste of an episode. Still, this episode was interesting. I feel it was forced in many ways, the beauty of One for All is that not many know about it and how All Might is training a successor, only a select few know and some rando ugly as fuck, ikemen-wannabe comes in with his knowledge to encourage Midoriya. His quirk is awesome but I don't know why Mina thinks this guy looks handsome, he looks like a perv.

I am liking both OP and ED. The ED contains lots of
and I am fine with that.
There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards.

Oct 12, 2019 7:43 AM

IT'S BACK AND I'M SO FUCKING HAPPY! This was a really cute and smooth way of recapping the story so far!

I say it all the time, but Horikoshi Sensei is truly a genius with his creation of a perfect shounen anime complete with fantastic characters and thrilling plot!

I thought the Op was meh but the Ed is FIRE!

Oct 12, 2019 7:43 AM

I guess it's fine for the first episode being a recap. It's nice to have somewhat of a refresher I guess.

Not a big fan for the OP but dang I do love the ending though.

Oct 12, 2019 7:46 AM
For those that didn't watch the episode don't fucking vote. I mean it wasn't a filler episode entirely, it did it in a smart way. It was great and really set up the following episodes to come. I was very happy with this episode.
Ian B. (aka. DerpALurp)

Oct 12, 2019 7:53 AM
Why can't you do the recap on an OVA? You just stole an episode from what will probably be a very packed season in terms of adapting the manga. Also, it seems this is passing before the 63th episode, so they'll shows some repeated stuff maybe? And how the fuck is this rated 8+ on myanimelist? Nothing special happened and it's highly rated '-'. Guess fanboys really are easy. Anyways, the art is looking pretty nice.

Oct 12, 2019 8:03 AM
Hmmm... BNHA sure recap about the class 1 quirks...

But next week is the exciting one. As an anime only, i am excited about this League of Villains. Yeah

Oct 12, 2019 8:04 AM

A nice little recap episode with the freelance reporter finding All Might's successor. The OP was okay, but I like the ED better.

Oct 12, 2019 8:11 AM
</overrated>

CaioOlive said:
Why can't you do the recap on an OVA? You just stole an episode from what will probably be a very packed season in terms of adapting the manga. Also, it seems this is passing before the 63th episode, so they'll shows some repeated stuff maybe? And how the fuck is this rated 8+ on myanimelist? Nothing special happened and it's highly rated '-'. Guess fanboys really are easy. Anyways, the art is looking pretty nice.

Most people rate the season before it’s even out. And I think they should just do a special to recap people but I think it’s mandated by the tv network at this point. But kind of pointless when most these characters aren’t even going to be around at all this season.

davixdie said:
The reporter is canon?

No. Though I wonder if Bones would actually remember to bring him back later on that promise.

Oct 12, 2019 8:15 AM

I am quite disappointed that this was a filler, but it had to be done to work as a recap. Is it just me that feels like the animation looked a bit sluggish at some points? I hope its just because its a filler so they decided to not put as much effort into it.

Oct 12, 2019 8:20 AM
Forum Moderator
Well, I didn't mind a filler and it was a nice recap overall though I would still prefer they did an episode 0 over this instead. Next week it's going to be pretty intense with the Shigaraki-Overhaul meeting.

Oct 12, 2019 8:26 AM

Glad to see this back.

The recap was alright, don't have much to say since we've seen it all before.

The OP and ED are quite nice.

Oct 12, 2019 8:26 AM

I don't mind that this is a filler episode, since this series doesn't have an abundance of those type of episodes like a lot of other shounen anime. I'm really excited for this upcoming arc! Seeing the story adapted from manga to anime is always such a treat! This is going to be a great season.

Oct 12, 2019 8:29 AM

Yes, that's an recap episode as expected anyways, i hope this season will get darker.

Oct 12, 2019 8:38 AM

That was honestly amazing for being a filler! They gave a filler character so much personality, things that most studios and writers can't do in 20 minutes.

The opening was great, but it's because I've been playing it nonstop since a few weeks back. The ending tho............. IT'S ADORABLE

Oct 12, 2019 8:51 AM

DixyNL said:
Actually a good filler/re-introduction episode. It was wel done with someone who views the students from the outside. Did not mind it at all.

Though there are a lot of salty comments here already, why though..

That's unfortunatly the curse of popular series, and the fact that the episode was filler only gives them more opportunity to slander.

Oct 12, 2019 8:51 AM

The OP was okay at best. It had a nice song, I just don't think the right visuals were used for it.

The episode being a recap was a nice refresh since I binged s1-s3 so Incase my stupidass forgot anything these episodes are perfect. I didn't like the news reporter at first but then he turned out to be alright.

4/5

Oct 12, 2019 8:56 AM
Weird how MHA first episode filler/recap are always good

Next week, the action begins

Oct 12, 2019 9:07 AM

The episode was cute! Not much happened but I enjoyed it nevertheless.

I like the Ending song more than the Opening. Still, I'm waiting for BNHA to have a real epic theme :o

Oct 12, 2019 9:08 AM

Tokuda-san was a cool character, I liked his personality and talking with someone.

Great filler recap, I didn't feel like a recap episode it bringing me to enjoy the series I love it.

Oct 12, 2019 9:09 AM

It was pretty good for a recap. The add enough new stuff to make it worth watching. The free lance turned out to be nicer than expected.

Oct 12, 2019 9:09 AM

Whom is this recap episode actually for?
Fans of the series are intimately familiar with the characters and story to date.
Casual viewers wouldn't benefit from such a lackadaisical and unstructured sequence of flashbacks.
First time viewers should be watching from season 1, in which case for them there would be no time gap for them to have forgotten anything.

Honestly a tragic use of an episode one, tbh. Knowing how good this upcoming arc is, this seemed like a poor way to start it. A summary could have been built in via the canon and been great, but let's call this episode what it is: filler. Don't know why MHA keeps doing these tbh.

Oct 12, 2019 9:12 AM
Only thing that I do not like is opening, animations and the rhythm of the OP don't sit well :(

Oct 12, 2019 9:18 AM

A recap episode that doesn't really recap anything other than the most basic premise of the show..

Oct 12, 2019 9:20 AM

The OP is pretty good imo, has the same vibe of the other OP's from the previous seasons.

It's mostly a recap, so there's nothing much to say about it. I'm really looking forward to this new season. Bring it on!

Oct 12, 2019 9:21 AM

Not much i can say about this episode. It was RECAP so i am grading it as RECAP. It didn't do a good job of recapping the events of s1 to s3. More NATURAL flash backs needed. OP animation is great but direction/storyboard not so much: cuz of little flow but just throwing characters at you. Song = good. Don't even like Blue Encount. ED was okay. That reporter needs to step away from the child.

ODD FUTURE WAS MHA'S BEST OPENING. PEACE SIGN WAS LAZY JUST LIKE MOST OF THE MAINSTREAM SONGS IN THE WEST. FIGHT ME!
Modified by amperevenon, Oct 12, 2019 9:37 AM

Oct 12, 2019 9:32 AM

We heard that you love fillers, so we put fillers in your fillers, so you can filler with your filler.

Oct 12, 2019 9:33 AM
As far as recaps go at least this was decent, nice lil side story noting really important just a nice lil recap in case you needed it, real shit starts next week, LETS GO!

Oct 12, 2019 9:36 AM
MHA fanboys worship even recaps, it's sad

Oct 12, 2019 9:48 AM

Damn, the OP is so good. Really loving it. The ED is also great.

Overall, this was a really well-done recap/filler episode. Every scene with Dad Might is just so cute.

Oct 12, 2019 9:49 AM

xSayumi said:
I DIED!
I AM SOO HYPED !!!
I don't feel the OP and ED yet but let's see

Who the hell is that creep? I don't remember seeing him anywhere.

Oct 12, 2019 9:57 AM

I guess filler for the premiere is gonna be a regular thing......well it was a lighthearted fun episode which I suppose is welcome considering the subject material of the next arc. An arc which I personally wasn't super hyped about like other MHA fans, but it'll be nice to see it animated.
I'm no special story or anything. I'm just a manga that wants to be read, like you could find anywhere. But, if, for argument's sake, you were to adapt me into an anime series, it would certainly be....a tragedy.

-The Tokyo Ghoul/Tokyo Ghoul:re manga, if they could talk

Oct 12, 2019 10:12 AM
Wow. That was actually a pretty good filler/recap episode. Not feeling the OP though. Odd Future remains the show's best so far.

Oct 12, 2019 10:16 AM

bones knows how to direct these recap/fillers. Super fun and a good way to get back to all the characters. OST's sounded as good as ever. Glad this show is back

Oct 12, 2019 10:19 AM

So glad My Hero is back ! Wasn't the most exciting of eps but can't wait for this season to really kick off and come into its own. Love the look of the new characters and the ED.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers

Oct 12, 2019 10:22 AM

it's baaack that one show with the tape elbows man
come say hello!

Oct 12, 2019 10:22 AM

Even for a filler / recap episode that was rather sweet, that ending T - T 10/10

Oct 12, 2019 10:32 AM
I usually can't stand recaps but this was great

Oct 12, 2019 10:33 AM

god i love the new opening , even the new ending is amazing

feels so good to have the anime back

and looking forward to the best arc to start next ep
"one step at a time"

Oct 12, 2019 10:43 AM
Lala Deviluke❤️

This was great even for a recap. I like this season's opening and ending a lot more than the previous season's.

Oct 12, 2019 10:45 AM

That was a nice refreshing episode.

Really hyped for the next one;
'Overhaul'.
MY WAIFUS OF ALL TIME!

Oct 12, 2019 10:45 AM
idc filler or not I loved it

Oct 12, 2019 10:54 AM

awesome start to the fourth season! wasn't expecting filler but i really enjoyed it.

OP is a banger (not as good as S3's) and those visuals are amazing. sets a great tone for the season.

ED is just as great (i'm a bit biased as a massive sayuri fan) and though there are some spoilers it's nothing too bad. fits the arc really well.

so damn glad my hero is back! i forgot how much i missed it :)

Oct 12, 2019 11:14 AM
It feels good to be back. I personally love filler content, and obviously the first episode will always be a filler episode to remind everyone what is going on with the series. Even just seeing few seconds of the ordinary life of U.A. students fills me with joy! The opening is great, I love the animation in it, though I feel like I gotta listen to it few more times to completely warm up to it (like I did with s3 openings). The ending though- I love it!!

Oct 12, 2019 11:25 AM

Recap episode. Not terrible, but still a recap episode.

Honestly I'm not a big fan of the opening. The visuals are meh, and the poor song was downgraded. I hate how they added an effect to the singer's voice, his voice sounded SO much better without it. This is bothering me.............

amperevenon said:

ODD FUTURE WAS MHA'S BEST OPENING. PEACE SIGN WAS LAZY JUST LIKE MOST OF THE MAINSTREAM SONGS IN THE WEST. FIGHT ME!

OP3 and OP 4 were undoubtedly the best.

Mod edit: Removed quote of deleted post
Modified by MrZawa, Oct 13, 2019 9:56 AM

Oct 12, 2019 11:28 AM
I will never understand the need to make a first recap episode when it comes to BNHA??? like why?? If we want to remember the pervious events we would rewatch them, they don't have to ruin the hype, can't they learn how to make a big hit first episode....????

Oct 12, 2019 11:32 AM

I was pretty disappointed when i heard this was going to be a filler/recap episode, but it was really good. The reporter character was great.

Oct 12, 2019 11:36 AM

I was wating so long for next season. One of my favourite titles.
Though i feel like rooting for villains in BnH, cause they are in much worse conditions than heroes.

About episode: i wouldn't call this a filler, it has meaning of establishing Midoria as next Symbol of peace.
But listing all heroes abilites is a bit too much anyway.

Oct 12, 2019 11:43 AM

I hate that opening. The song, the visuals, the character models, that lack of Big Three. Truly. They had over a year man! Over. A. Year!

BestBoiEren said:
BlakexEkalb said:
Recap episode. Not terrible, but still a recap episode.

Honestly I'm not a big fan of the opening. The visuals are meh, and the poor song was downgraded. I hate how they added an effect to the singer's voice, his voice sounded SO much better without it. This is bothering me.............

Honestly I think you're just memeing at this point (especially since you're rating 7DS higher).

OP3 and OP 4 were undoubtedly the best.

the tpyical opinion=meme,commonly used by bnha fans

One of these seasons you're going to have to get a life.

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »