Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 1 Discussion

Oct 12, 2019 11:57 AM

the backpack loli is finally here.

Oct 12, 2019 12:15 PM

A recap, but atleast a recap that was actually pretty well done! The reporter was actually pretty chill and won't say about a possible successor of All Might, eventho he has met and talked to him personally. Such a good guy. That photo he took was pretty cool tbh.

Now waiting till the season kicks off properly next week!

Oct 12, 2019 12:17 PM
Fially 4 season! I hope we will get 24 episodes again.

Oct 12, 2019 12:25 PM

The first episode should set the tone of a season, not make me rethink watching a show that aims to spoon-feed information to me. Why do Bones think this is a good idea? I'm on season 4, guys, I'm pretty sure I know who All-Might is.

Oct 12, 2019 12:49 PM

Ah, finally it's back, good to have it back! Pretty adorable first episode; nothing serious, just a reminder of all the characters that we haven't seen in a hot minute.

Oct 12, 2019 12:54 PM
Very very refreshing episode.

i dont understand why many retard peoples hate this show and love boku no pico.

Oct 12, 2019 12:57 PM
The start episode with a recap/filler episode but still nice and enjoyable for me. The new OP and ED is amazing song and visual but I prefer to new ED, really love it. I'll put in here:

Can't wait for next episode.

Oct 12, 2019 1:03 PM

I honestly really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season

Oct 12, 2019 1:19 PM
A so-so filler episode, wasn't that bad though. I understand why it was a filler episode, it's to get people hyped up for what's coming next, I just hope this is the only filler episode in the entire anime.

I won't be surprised if the rating of this season ends up in 8.9 or 9.0+, this website has become quite toxic with the rating system so I'm not expecting anything good from here anymore but at least this place is still better than places like Reddit, those type of websites are pure cancer with the rating system.

Oct 12, 2019 1:23 PM

I seriously can't believe everyone saying "yeah it's a filler recap, but it was a good episode"
It wasn't a good episode, it was lazy half assed shit and you shouldn't pretend like this was an acceptable first episode for a season.

Oct 12, 2019 1:25 PM

Not bad for a filler, I'm actually glad to get a reminder of the past events as well as all the characters' quirks. The episode itself was kinda cute, the reporter is borderline creepy but still nice.

Oct 12, 2019 1:50 PM

Did u notice? Invisible girl was no bra xD

Oct 12, 2019 1:55 PM
BNH is back, we start with a kinda recap episode and a litle bit of filler, and i still enjoyed all of it! I can wait for the next episode!

I suspected that reporter would be a danger, but it seems he turned to be a good person!

Seems next episode they wil choose their professional interships, and also see more about Overhaul!

Op and Ed were also awesome!

Oct 12, 2019 1:58 PM
What a good way to show a recap.

Oct 12, 2019 1:59 PM
私は 愛し てる僕のヒーローアカ

Finally the season I get to watch with everyone.I started watching BnHa in summer or late spring.
Nonetheless,first episode is kind of a recap,got to rejoice the amazing voice actor of Aizawa(Captain Yami).And saw this wholesome moment.

Now aboout the OP and ED.I'm quite dissapointed.It's not bad but it doesn't meet up my expectation.The worst of the last 5,but it's good.
About the ED,as expected.It's ok.EDs aren't usually hype or something like that.
Modified by Alex_TheForest, Oct 12, 2019 2:21 PM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Oct 12, 2019 2:06 PM
xZabuzax said:
A so-so filler episode, wasn't that bad though. I understand why it was a filler episode, it's to get people hyped up for what's coming next, I just hope this is the only filler episode in the entire anime.

I won't be surprised if the rating of this season ends up in 8.9 or 9.0+, this website has become quite toxic with the rating system so I'm not expecting anything good from here anymore but at least this place is still better than places like Reddit, those type of websites are pure cancer with the rating system.
This episode has a 3,83 / 5.00

Oct 12, 2019 2:12 PM
Well... not the type of comeback I was expecting but it starts in a relaxing way

Oct 12, 2019 2:28 PM
Although this new season started with a Recap and a Filler, it is good that BHA has returned.
As always the characters shine with their charismatic personality, the girls are still nice and adorable as as I remembered them.
About the reporter in search of the successor of All Mighty I did not find it boring, being honest, in the situation in which their society is, the concern of who will be their savior is no less. I really liked the Tokuda quirk, quite useful for the profession he has and rightly he always has an exclusive for newspapers

Ochako is so damn cute (as she always has been), She was what I was most happy about the episode, her blushing face when Tokuda took a picture with Izuku was too adorable.
Bakugo is still the jerk of the class, nothing new, Todoki still the cool boy that makes the fangirls faint and the spectacular Momo still looks gorgeous.

The Op sounds pretty good, it looks like the situation will escalate with the new villains in the visuals, I must admit that it made me a bit sad as All mighty and Sir Nighteyes distance themselves
But the ED is beautiful, the visuals are too sad and moving where we see the little girl and her childhood until that devastating moment when she sees her mother's clothes, Sayuri always plays deep inside my being with her music and that ending where The little girl meets Izuku and Mirio, as if the light of hope illuminates an exit from her dark and sad life.

After seeing both the OP and the ED, in my mind there was only one thought

The next episode looks promising.
Modified by salbery755, Oct 12, 2019 2:34 PM

Oct 12, 2019 2:28 PM
WOW !, but what an incredible OP, and ED is not far behind 👌. Top my list this season. I felt an indescribable happiness watching this episode.
A relaxed start, but very emotional. The talk between the journalist and Midoriya really moved me. "I will not give empty spirits ... there is still hope ... The next symbol of peace ... strive." What a nice subject :) Anyway, it was a good start and a look at what lies ahead with the All Might retreat. The fourth season of BNHA is going to break this Autumn season 😁.

"Now is your turn..."

Oct 12, 2019 2:29 PM

Oh wow. I genuinely thought that journalist was just giving Deku his story to make him warm up and give him what he wanted (which is did). But he actually kept it secret and showed he was being completely honest which surprised me.

This was a nice calm episode to get us back into My Hero so I cant wait once the ball starts rolling.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 12, 2019 2:36 PM

Lol, Tokuda has basically the same power as the genius detective from "on the trail of the bremen town musicians"

Oct 12, 2019 2:42 PM

A new season of a show, that I really enjoy.

The OP song and ED song is good.

Enjoyable filler episode.

Oct 12, 2019 3:09 PM
How is this rated 8.40 already, when it was pretty much a filler episode lol.

Oct 12, 2019 3:13 PM
Bobby2Hands said:
I seriously can't believe everyone saying "yeah it's a filler recap, but it was a good episode"
It wasn't a good episode, it was lazy half assed shit and you shouldn't pretend like this was an acceptable first episode for a season.

It was a good episode introducing a fun character and expanding on all night’s effect on the world and what deku has to live up to. Your seriously overreacting for no reason.

Oct 12, 2019 3:14 PM

Not very interesting but it's gonna probably get better.
The OP and ED are great.
god is dead

Oct 12, 2019 3:21 PM
Luffyskywa1ker said:

2 words, Toxic Fanbase.

If that's on the 1st episode which happens to be pretty much filler then you can bet your ass this will end up with a rating of 8.9 or 9.0+ once this season ends. I remember when Steins;Gate 0 aired, it had a rating of 9.0+ on just the 1st episode and that rating stayed there for 1 or 2 months.

Even if Steins;Gate is a masterpiece there's no way in hell a sequel (or midquel) should receive the same treatment with just the 1st episode.

In Boku no Hero Academia's case, the same thing is happening and it will only keep rising up because this arc isn't bad and it will get pretty hyped out of proportions in the end with the last fight. All in all, this is going to be a good season but it will be overhyped as hell and it will end up with a 8.9 or 9.0.

Oct 12, 2019 3:41 PM

The OP its not all that good, hope it grows on me.

Off to a recap and filler start but the arc this season is adapting will be good...at least until the end.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".

Oct 12, 2019 3:49 PM

Meh it was fine. Not horrible for a recap / filler.

Oct 12, 2019 3:57 PM
Super boring. Should have known.

Oct 12, 2019 4:00 PM
basically nothing, got through the episode just skimming through

Oct 12, 2019 4:07 PM

This is how you do a fuckin' recaaaaaap. I've come across like a dozen good recaps in my time, this one of the few that didn't outright annoy me, tho, I can't say it comes close to Ember Island.

Oct 12, 2019 4:18 PM

Damn such a negative reaction from ppl just cause it's a filler recap episode. Chill y'all it'll start soon, stop crying.

Oct 12, 2019 4:29 PM
xZabuzax said:
Luffyskywa1ker said:

2 words, Toxic Fanbase.

If that's on the 1st episode which happens to be pretty much filler then you can bet your ass this will end up with a rating of 8.9 or 9.0+ once this season ends. I remember when Steins;Gate 0 aired, it had a rating of 9.0+ on just the 1st episode and that rating stayed there for 1 or 2 months.

Even if Steins;Gate is a masterpiece there's no way in hell a sequel (or midquel) should receive the same treatment with just the 1st episode.

In Boku no Hero Academia's case, the same thing is happening and it will only keep rising up because this arc isn't bad and it will get pretty hyped out of proportions in the end with the last fight. All in all, this is going to be a good season but it will be overhyped as hell and it will end up with a 8.9 or 9.0.

Exactly, 0 wasnt as good as Stein's gate but I should've known. Same thing for My Hero what could've possibly awarded it being an 8.40 literally nothing happened, we did get insight towards the next villain but did that award the entire episode an 8.40. Was it All Might bringing meat buns that got the high rating lol. I love this show too I'll say I think the show overall is better than Naruto.

Oct 12, 2019 4:39 PM

Stripes said:
Not much to comment since it’s filler as fuck and I hate that this recap stuff is just going to keep going onward. Also that forced romance had me eye rolling.

The OP is shonen as fuck (no not in a good way) and I really wish they’d you know, not dump the entire cast into the OP when 3/4 of them aren’t even gonna be present. The ED actually looks aesthetic and has a vision, made me weep a bit.

Whatever let’s just get to the meat of this season next week.

agreed. We don't need an episode where the first half is a recap/montage segment. we've been watching it for 3 seasons now, I don't think we're gonna forget who the main characters are or what they can do lol.

Oct 12, 2019 4:52 PM

So far this series has hovered between 6 and 7 for me. Enjoyable but generally flawed. This episode was definitely one of those flawed moments. Nobody watching this show needed a recap like this.

Cut the recap and keep the reporter story in. Add some character depth to some of the other characters, actually do what the reporter was pretending to do.

At this moment however I do not expect that this episode is indicative of future episodes.

Why do people bothering rating after one episode? I have trouble rating shows I have dropped because I never technically finished them. This is a very similar situation.
Modified by TheCommoner, Oct 12, 2019 5:01 PM

Oct 12, 2019 4:52 PM
Luffyskywa1ker said:

Exactly, 0 wasnt as good as Stein's gate but I should've known. Same thing for My Hero what could've possibly awarded it being an 8.40 literally nothing happened, we did get insight towards the next villain but did that award the entire episode an 8.40. Was it All Might bringing meat buns that got the high rating lol. I love this show too I'll say I think the show overall is better than Naruto.

Steins;Gate is the best anime for me, I consider that anime to be a "Masterpiece" and I've been watching animes for decades, I had high hopes for Steins;Gate 0 but it ended up being a mediocre anime with a couple of good episodes, nothing more, nothing less.

Yep, the high rating from this anime in just the 1st episode is the fanbase being toxic as always. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that this anime is bad or anything like that, it's a decent anime/manga but it doesn't deserve the high rating... yet. This is definitely better than Naruto as a "whole" because long animes like Naruto are always filled with crappy filler episodes so the anime lose some points on me because of that. I do love some specific episodes from Naruto though, they are extremely good (and still manage to give me teary eyes every time I see it) but the rest are mediocre.

Oct 12, 2019 5:24 PM
xZabuzax said:
Luffyskywa1ker said:

Steins;Gate is the best anime for me, I consider that anime to be a "Masterpiece" and I've been watching animes for decades, I had high hopes for Steins;Gate 0 but it ended up being a mediocre anime with a couple of good episodes, nothing more, nothing less.

Yep, the high rating from this anime in just the 1st episode is the fanbase being toxic as always. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that this anime is bad or anything like that, it's a decent anime/manga but it doesn't deserve the high rating... yet. This is definitely better than Naruto as a "whole" because long animes like Naruto are always filled with crappy filler episodes so the anime lose some points on me because of that. I do love some specific episodes from Naruto though, they are extremely good (and still manage to give me teary eyes every time I see it) but the rest are mediocre.

I agree steins gate was very good I watched when I was younger, so I don't think I appreciated it like I would know being older and watching so many different kinds of anime. It's definitely in the fmab
xZabuzax said:
Luffyskywa1ker said:

Stein's gate isn't my favorite anime but I could definitely see anyone saying it's their favorite. I watched it when I was younger so, I didn't really grasp how good it was. When I get time I'll have to rewatch it. My favorite anime would have to be between gintama or one piece. They're more light hearted compared to steins I do like more serious shows I like after story, your lie in April, 3 gatsu no lion etc..

Oct 12, 2019 5:37 PM

xZabuzax said:
Luffyskywa1ker said:

Is it really fair to consider rating a season too early "toxic behavior" ? It's not like it's doing any arm to anyone and everybody knows the score will adjust as the season goes on.

I agree it's stupid to rate a season on a filler/recap, but jumping on the fanbase like this is only making things worse.

Oct 12, 2019 5:48 PM
Even tho it was a recap i still cried lol

i thought the episode was pretty good for a recap. im glad the show is back!
the ending is LIT, I love Sayuri so much

Oct 12, 2019 5:51 PM

Great OP and ED, I love both of them. Seems like nothing interesting happened on the first episode, but still a fun episode all about All Might and Midoriya. Looking forward to see more about the girl in the OP and the villains.

Oct 12, 2019 5:52 PM

was not a very hype opening for MHA stopped mid way once i realized it was filler to watch something else first , second half got better this new reporter seemed like a nice character.

was just odd for them to interject a sub plot of someone from the media finding out ALL Might's successor in a filler recap episode , but i guess it's best to do it now since there wont be any breaks once the arc kicks up.

will say i love blue encount but the visuals for the op were super uninspired in the most shounen way compared to all the other ops this one didn't do much for me but hoping the 2nd cour looks better.

Oct 12, 2019 5:57 PM
Florent3571 said:
Is it really fair to consider rating a season too early "toxic behavior" ? It's not like it's doing any arm to anyone and everybody knows the score will adjust as the season goes on.

I agree it's stupid to rate a season on a filler/recap, but jumping on the fanbase like this is only making things worse.

Yes, I definitely consider it toxic, this anime already started pretty high on the first episode (which was filler) and the rating is already better than some good animes out there or close to other pretty damn good animes like Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu (Aka: Parasyte -the maxim-). If this anime already started this high then it will only get higher from here and will end up with a rating of 9.0 or close to it, I honestly don't believe this anime to be better than Parasyte -the maxim- but the 1st filler episode is already close to it.

But then again, that's my opinion and I'm the type of guy that prefer mature/serious animes.

Oct 12, 2019 6:43 PM

Soo, it seems that the previous style of this series continue this season. Nevertheless I hope to get myself surprise with an hability advance in Midoriya-kun and the rest of them.

Oct 12, 2019 7:07 PM
I am the only one who doesn't whine about the first episode being a filler, like the opening and ending and the episode?

Oct 12, 2019 7:12 PM

Um, it's been a filler first eps since season 2. Why is everyone complaining?

Regardless, I enjoyed it!

✩ 調和 ✩ twitter ໒꒱˚ youtube
Lonely in Gorgeous
♡‧₊

Oct 12, 2019 7:20 PM

xZabuzax said:
Florent3571 said:

Yes, I definitely consider it toxic, this anime already started pretty high on the first episode (which was filler) and the rating is already better than some good animes out there or close to other pretty damn good animes like Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu (Aka: Parasyte -the maxim-). If this anime already started this high then it will only get higher from here and will end up with a rating of 9.0 or close to it, I honestly don't believe this anime to be better than Parasyte -the maxim- but the 1st filler episode is already close to it.

But then again, that's my opinion and I'm the type of guy that prefer mature/serious animes.

That's not what toxic behavior is. Toxic behavior is harassment, death threats, gate-keeping, intentionally stirring up drama, stuff that's actually harmful.

Having a high-score when the 1st episode of the season is a recap is not toxic. Its just fans or people scoring to early which is something that applies to a lot of anime, even ones not as popular.
I used to be a watchmaker.

Oct 12, 2019 7:32 PM

As expected, it was a summary/filler kind of episode. Not that bothers me tho. Actually, it was way better than the one they did to start the third season, which one was quite lame, being honest.

That said, I'm really glad to see Deku and co. back. I'm sure I will enjoy this season a lot but as with the previous seasons, I will refrain from participating in this forum since this "fandom" tends to leave a lot to be desire sometimes.

Oct 12, 2019 7:33 PM
Slimcoder said:
That's not what toxic behavior is. Toxic behavior is harassment, death threats, gate-keeping, intentionally stirring up drama, stuff that's actually harmful.

Having a high-score when the 1st episode of the season is a recap is not toxic. Its just fans or people scoring to early which is something that applies to a lot of anime, even ones not as popular.

Those are indeed toxic behaviors but I also consider abusing the rating system quite toxic. In places like Reddit you can't even discuss about an anime you don't like because you will get downvoted into oblivion by the fans even if your comment has constructive criticism in it.

This same behavior also happens in popular animes like this one because the fans will give it a high rating even if the 1st episode happens to be a filler episode.

Oct 12, 2019 7:42 PM

It was decent like the Other BNHA Recaps from other Seasons. The new OP is pretty Mid. I was kinda disappointed to be honest. That ED though, It was a fucking Masterpiece. Its just one of those cases where the ED is better than the OP.

Can't wait to see some of the stuff that happens later animated.
Modified by Afloo, Oct 13, 2019 7:35 PM

"The more popular an anime becomes, the larger the fan base becomes. The larger the fan base becomes, the more weirdos are in the fan base. The more weirdos with louder voices..." -NuxTaku, 2019

Oct 12, 2019 7:44 PM

xZabuzax said:
Slimcoder said:

Those are indeed toxic behaviors but I also consider abusing the rating system quite toxic. In places like Reddit you can't even discuss about an anime you don't like because you will get downvoted into oblivion by the fans even if your comment has constructive criticism in it.

This same behavior also happens in popular animes like this one because the fans will give it a high rating even if the 1st episode happens to be a filler episode.

If those posters are actively being harassed, insulted, and mocked then yes its toxic.

But if they aren't then no being just downvoted is not a sign of toxicity. Its just the natural consequence of a rating system. Someone has to be hurt first to be considered toxic.

Same with this. Having a really high rating score after one episode is not a sign of toxic behavior. Its just fans being fans which is a universal thing.
I used to be a watchmaker.

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »