Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 11, 2019 11:48 AM

Apr 2018
Damn the op is damn fine
Oct 11, 2019 11:49 AM

Jan 2008
Seems like there was little to no attempt at improving the visuals, not even for a first episode of the season. Majority of shots were just moving slideshows with minimal animation on top of the show now being on fast forward for some reason.
PaulOct 11, 2019 11:53 AM
Oct 11, 2019 11:54 AM
Apr 2019
What a great first episode. Really did enjoy this. For the op and ending I really didn't like the songs but I did like the visual aspect of it
Oct 11, 2019 12:01 PM

Apr 2009
This looked like a powerpoint slideshow. Pans, zooms and slides; very little animation to speak of. Absolutely atrocious in this regard. The pacing somehow managed to be even worse, and the general feeling of "what the hell is going on?" never lets go. If that's how they open up, I shudder to think what they've got in store further down the road.

I mean, I know the manga has fallen from the far-flung heights to the shadowy lows, but I hadn't expected the anime to succumb quite as rapidly.

Shame.

Oct 11, 2019 12:13 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So its finally here. Nice to see Soma and the gang return once more. The new OP and the visuals sure were pretty interesting. The Soma alliance versus the Azami empire lol. In a extended engagement such as this preserving one's forces while depleting the enemies is the optimal strategy. The second bout sure looks to be a fierce one as the big guns take to the stage. Rindo's intensity for drawing the lottery first though lol. Still her choice of ingredients sure is rather unique. While also showing the extent of her speciality. The teamup idea of Soma, Rindo and Sadatsuka truly will be quite the unique one for sure given their specialities. The amount of peppers being used sure is heating up the battle quite well. Quite curious to see how the battle will play out here given the escalating intensity of the battles.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2019 1:12 PM

Apr 2016
The pacing was too fast, I didn't like the pacing of this episode. By the way, I’m curious about how two of the three matches will going to be. Hopefully the pacing would be better in the next episodes.
Oct 11, 2019 1:18 PM
Apr 2019
Those who wondering where to watch it free and in good quality gogoanime is best choice for me. Enjoy :)
Oct 11, 2019 1:19 PM

Jul 2017
I thought with DanMachi S3 that J.C would be back to not too bad animation, but looks like I was wrong. That battle with Soma was just like wut

But here comes the so called worst arc (or was it the one after?), interesting to see how much it'll flop (if it does)
Oct 11, 2019 1:29 PM
Aug 2018
Pretty good first episode, we straight jumped into the battle, I feel bad for all 3 from the rebel team cause it's pretty obvious that they're gonna lose, I hope they put up a great fight.
Pacing seemed a little off, we'll see how it goes. Here's hoping for the best.
Oct 11, 2019 1:29 PM

Jan 2016
That was really fast paced. Maybe it's because I read the manga, but at least there I remember having time for a lot of the points to actually hit. Although being disappointed by the adaptation isn't anything new. Honestly, this is basically what I expected, I can't complain too much. Unless they adapt the arc after this one, then I will complain.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Oct 11, 2019 1:38 PM

Nov 2011
I am curious about the two shadow people during the opening and I didn't know who was the shadow girl at the end of the episode holding the "Fourth Plate" but I think it's Megumi. Though I felt like her twin tails were slightly longer.

Nice start back up. I'd like to see that Special Ingredients team up with Yukihira, Sadatsuka, and Rindou one day lol.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 11, 2019 1:51 PM

Jul 2017
Kerozinn said:
knowing how DOGSHIT the manga is i will never watch a single second of this show ever again.

this is coming from someone who loved the show and the manga until it all went down the drain within a single arc.
I am on the same spot as you, i absolutely hated what came after this arc in the manga but, i think what you said is a bit too much. What if JC Staff decides to finish up the anime after this arc ends? You never know what can happen, we'll only know for certain after this arc wraps up. Then you can complain all you want lmao, because i for sure will be doing the same, if they decide to continue it further ofc.
WaterLordOct 11, 2019 2:06 PM
Oct 11, 2019 2:18 PM

Oct 2015
There's a slight improvement in visuals, some actions actually got animated, but this is only episode 1...

Now that people have been mentioning it the pacing was actually pretty fast, but it wasn't bad though, unless they skipped a lot from the manga.
Oct 11, 2019 2:18 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm just here to see Rindou's blushing face.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 11, 2019 2:19 PM
Jul 2018
Rindou is really sexy wild and an interesting character.. well it's obvious whose team is going to win this 2nd assault.. can't wait for the next episode though.
Oct 11, 2019 2:24 PM

Feb 2014
Honestly, I find it ironic that people mentioned that the anime's pacing is fast, while with the manga version of this part of the arc, people were complaining about how slow the arc was going. It's understandable since 20 pages a week isn't really enough at times, but oh well.....

That aside, this first episode of season four continues directly after the previous season and it pretty much adapts what was in the manga. The fast pace is to be expected, but it didn't feel like it was rushed at all.

I won't deny that I was worried about the production values since J.C Staff have been doing rather poorly this year, with certain episodes of OPM S2, DanMachi S2 and most episodes of the Scientific Accelerator spin-off actually looking good and animated well.

Although the moving panels are a tad annoying, it's a bit less used than last season. On another plus side, the visual quality and the animation itself is pretty good and is also a step up from the previous season, too. I just hope that J.C Staff can dig their heels in and maintain this quality for a while.

As for the OP/ED songs, they're both great, with Nano RIPE's ED song being my favourite of the two.

All in all, this was a very good start to the fourth season. There's many twists and bumps still to go with this arc that I know that'll surprise and maybe annoy some of the anime-only viewers here.

Also, Rindo's barbarian-style bikini was smoking hot! =3
Oct 11, 2019 2:41 PM

Feb 2015
Better enjoy the sieries, it will probably be the last
Oct 11, 2019 2:47 PM

Apr 2015
They wasted no time getting straight back into the Team Shokugeki. No recap at all. Which I am really glad for.

So happy to see all these characters again. We start of with quite the pairing for the second bout. Straight off the bat we get to see the very spicy match between Rindo Kobayashi and Tousuke Megishima. The alligator meat was a nice surprise and to finally see what Rindo's specialty is. Been a while waiting to see her in action.

Speaking about spicy!

Can't wait for next week!
CeddyyBearrOct 18, 2019 4:53 PM
Oct 11, 2019 3:09 PM

Aug 2013
So no one is gonna mention Erina's JoJo reference in the OP towards the end of the sequence? Because that's the real highlight. And Rindou. Probably just gonna be clicking through these episodes, not exactly watching them since...well....this series just nose dives during this arc. Stereo Dive Foundation doing the OP is a surprise. Rindou besto
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 11, 2019 3:14 PM

Dec 2015
Really liked the OP, and oh boy, did I miss the soundtrack of this show. The pacing was indeed faster. This is good to increase the tension, but the recap felt rushed and unnatural. But so far, it was a good start
Oct 11, 2019 3:25 PM

Sep 2013
DedPanda said:
So no one is gonna mention Erina's JoJo reference in the OP towards the end of the sequence? Because that's the real highlight. And Rindou. Probably just gonna be clicking through these episodes, not exactly watching them since...well....this series just nose dives during this arc. Stereo Dive Foundation doing the OP is a surprise. Rindou besto

What part was the Jojo reference specifically? Can't find it lol
Oct 11, 2019 3:29 PM

Jul 2013
Didn't feel like the start of the new season at all. The production value is still pretty garbage, but I guess that's to be expected from modern day JC Staff.

Also, I'm like 90% convinced that the OP just spoiled who will be left in the final bout.
Oct 11, 2019 3:38 PM

May 2010
WaterLord said:
Kerozinn said:
knowing how DOGSHIT the manga is i will never watch a single second of this show ever again.

this is coming from someone who loved the show and the manga until it all went down the drain within a single arc.
I am on the same spot as you, i absolutely hated what came after this arc in the manga but, i think what you said is a bit too much. What if JC Staff decides to finish up the anime after this arc ends? You never know what can happen, we'll only know for certain after this arc wraps up. Then you can complain all you want lmao, because i for sure will be doing the same, if they decide to continue it further ofc.

write me a message if they manage to salvage this dumpster fire manga story into something worthwhile.
Oct 11, 2019 3:41 PM
Jan 2016
Finally SNS is back, i truly miss this show!

I am really happy that the animation haven't changed, thanks god!

And also it started on fire, and after one episode i am already in the SNS vibe, i can't wait for mor eof this, damn!

Was really interesting the flashback about how Souma conviced Meguishima to participate in team shokugueki!

Kuga asked Tsukasa to fight him in next battle, what a man, lets see what will happen!

Damn, Rindou is so awesome, she is just using an aligator for a dish, and her skill are truly fascinating, and her image as barbaric was just so good and hot, damn!

And i missed os much their personality and their expression that express really well their personalities!

It ended with a clifhanger, like all episodes of this epic show!
Oct 11, 2019 3:50 PM

Jul 2017
Kerozinn said:
WaterLord said:

write me a message if they manage to salvage this dumpster fire manga story into something worthwhile.
Tf? You're talking as if they will adapt the whole thing already, wich was something that wasn't even confirmed yet. Why not watch it yourself and reach your own conclusions later? Your reasoning is weird imo. But wtv, you do you bro.
Oct 11, 2019 3:53 PM

Aug 2013
SatanicAlpha said:
DedPanda said:

What part was the Jojo reference specifically? Can't find it lol

I can't give you the time stamp but go through the opening and at like towards the last 15 seconds, you'll see the characters in different outfits. Erina's outfit on the left side as the camera pans upward is like a Jotaro reference
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 11, 2019 4:11 PM

Aug 2013
OMG, STEREO DIVE FOUNDATION HAS RETURNED! It's been 3,5 years!

Also glad that the series is back lol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2019 4:12 PM

Jan 2015
Damn, enjoyed it very much.
The episode escalated so fast. I hope it will be 24 episodes.
Oct 11, 2019 4:17 PM

Dec 2014
Glad to have this back and pickup right where the last season left off.

We finally get to see Rindou get crazy and I'm loving it. Barbarian Rindou and later her blushing face is just total win.

Liked the flashback between Soma and Megishima.
I'm gonna expect the academy Elite 10 stomp this 0-3

That end card Megumi, damn. XD
Oct 11, 2019 4:20 PM
Jul 2015
i have missed them soo much! At last. . Great episode, and like the pacing.
Oct 11, 2019 4:31 PM
Mar 2017
Ohhhh damn ... Shokugeki is back, I'm so happy that the foodgasm are back and the best girls Rindou and Megumi also came back.

This episode began immediately with the second match, where Megishima, Mimasaka and Kuga face Saitou, Tsukasa and the spectacular Rindou.

Megumi is still the most adorable thing that exists in this anime, I really liked how she talked with Megishima with that huge difference in size, she looked like a small helpless little animal, besides seeing Megumi victim of foodgasm in the duel between Souma and Megishima was delicious.

Rindou stood out a lot in this episode, we finally see what her specialty is, which is the kitchen with exotic ingredients, that fierce way in which she prepared the crocodile meat to cook it was the best, I loved how Ishiki spoke of Rindou while we watched those three images of her where her best qualities exploded as Best girl.
They struggled to show them the best moments of Rindou, I personally laughed a lot when she demanded to choose the ingredients first, she is so cute and those damn a sexy fangs she shows ... ohhh she is so perfect.

I really liked how they adapted Souma's difficult task to recruit Megishima to the rebel side, but most of all I like Megishima's quest for tranquility, cooking only to satisfy the client, without competitions, without victories or defeats.
The way Souma faced Megishima was incredible, he literally cooked until he collapsed on the ground, but this managed to prove that Souma is trustworthy and so Megishima agrees to join the rebels.

The episode ended with the stage in bright red with the intensity of the chili that Rindou and Megishima prepare to finish their dishes, added to the tension that these heavy weights emanate, now we only have to see how this second match will turn out

Opening and Ending were not bad, personally Ed was my favorite since I love Nano.Ripe and the song along with the visuals are beautiful and showed that essence of companionship among the rebel group.
The eye catch for the next episode looks delicious, Urara can be irritable at times, especially now that she is 100% loyal to central, but she has a pretty figure, I love the impact face of Megumi in her chibi appearance.
Oct 11, 2019 5:19 PM

Jul 2012
Ah yes, so this is up again.

Food battles are as dramatic as ever, with a bunch of foodgasms thrown in. I don't mind though.
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2019 5:20 PM
Nov 2018
Well, I think I am going to watch this.

This isn't a spoiler, but the story goes so downhill from after this arc. Like it is almost unanimously hated by the fan base. Obviously I am not going to spoil anything, just a warning.

I mainly decided to watch anyways hoping for some good OST and animation. Sadly, looks like J.C.Staff is still looking bad animation wise (talking about you DanMachi season 2).

Wasn't crazy about OP as well.
Oct 11, 2019 5:38 PM

Oct 2012
Kinda generic start (ie. nothing groundbreaking) but I'm glad the series is back. I guess the tough battles are still yet to come.

Wonder if this is one-cour, two-cour or split cour again though. From OP and ED seems like this arc is all it covers (which is sad as I always prefer standalone eps compared to long arc). But let's see where exactly this will all go.
Oct 11, 2019 5:43 PM
Oct 2018
It was alright. Pacing was fast, the iconic slideshow animation is back, as well as the JoJo-like commentary. Opening was meh, it's similar to all the other openings. I'll watch it just for the time that i've already put into this show and that Kobayashi chick
Oct 11, 2019 6:01 PM
Jan 2019
This has to be the laziest made episode of something I’ve seen in while. Such a lack of animation and overuse of boring, one-colour backgrounds. I heard the stuff being adapted would be worse but the production on this first ep was horrible.
Oct 11, 2019 6:16 PM
Jul 2018
I have missed the craziness of this anime.

Alligator meat? African Ramen? Green tea? This show is amazing.
Oct 11, 2019 7:58 PM
Feb 2019
My way to enjoy the show with many cliffhanger like this:
Watch it until it's completed, so i will not in curiousity
Oct 11, 2019 8:33 PM

Jan 2017
The pacing of this episode was way too fast

Slideshow no Souma is back.
Oct 11, 2019 8:37 PM

Jan 2013
i thought the pacing on one of the previous seasons (2nd season i think?) was all over the place but then there's this! not even Food Wars is immune to JC Staff's messy shtick
Oct 11, 2019 9:42 PM

Jul 2014
It seems that I missed this show more than I expected, I really enjoyed this episode, I'm glad it's back.

Panning shots are also back but I don't think they affect this show too much. My problem comes, like with last season, with the pace. It was fine at first or at least I didn't notice it being so fast until we got to the ramen guy flashback where everything started to go really fast and I really hate that :/

The one who's not back is Risa Taneda, it really sucks that she never came back. I remember that before her illness she was everywhere and now we barely hear her, that really saddens me. :(
SkyLETVOct 12, 2019 1:15 AM
Oct 11, 2019 10:16 PM

Jan 2011
always down to see more shokugeki and all it's craziness did feel like things were happening pretty darn rapid
Oct 11, 2019 10:19 PM

Feb 2015
Oh the poor anime onlys... they have no idea what they're in for. Brace yourselves. This series has long since peaked and you're in for a steep drop.
Oct 11, 2019 10:49 PM

Mar 2018
Damn Rindo going completely crazy again ^^ so fun to watch her

Megishima's duel with Soma was interesting too.. Though I felt like I was watching any shounen protagonist but Soma lol

And.. I mean there's no way Kuga is gonna win

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 11, 2019 11:23 PM
Jun 2017
Finally its back--- the team Shokugeki... and ohh im excited what could be the result of this 2nd round. Yeah
Oct 12, 2019 12:58 AM

Sep 2014
Good to see Rindou bae is back fuck yeah.
Oct 12, 2019 2:09 AM

Jul 2014
Rindou with lottery is too cute and too cool with cooking
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Oct 12, 2019 2:17 AM
Oct 2007
This is a nice change of pace after watching Seven Deadly Sins S3 average episode 1. Good to see all the characters back and continuing the Shokugeki team battle. The ridiculous reaction after each meal tasting can never gets old. I'm guessing the rebels will lose the 2nd bout since both 1st and 2nd seats are in this round.
Oct 12, 2019 4:15 AM

Jul 2019
It was a little fast-paced... it's still nice to see all those characters again. I missed them.
Life is a despicable endurance race
Oct 12, 2019 5:06 AM

Jun 2014
Nice! Doesn't matter how things will turn it I still find it very enjoyable and this show always get me hungry
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

169 by Nanashi »»
Apr 13, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2019

64 by DrFeelGood887 »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:46 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2019

107 by aod-kun »»
Nov 6, 2023 3:45 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2019

69 by aod-kun »»
Nov 6, 2023 3:13 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2019

64 by Btnet »»
Nov 5, 2023 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.