Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2019 10:16 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Heh, they're treating it like playing a video game except lives are on the line.

I want to see the power of science succeed.
Oct 10, 2019 10:21 PM

Mar 2015
i kinda wondered why spinning machine haven't been build yet when they are one of main revolutionary in industrial revolution, but here we are!
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 10, 2019 11:42 PM

Jan 2009
alright next chapter is like the final showdown of this arc already
Oct 11, 2019 7:50 AM
Mar 2015
Lets save everybody
Oct 11, 2019 9:10 AM
Oct 2017
Ryusui my boi

Really hyped for the next chapters
Oct 11, 2019 12:05 PM
Jul 2018
Am I the only one who thinks the author fucked up big time with this arc? Senku's trip to the island where the Soyuz is was only supposed to be a quick stop to get the ingredients his step-father left for him and then he would continue his trip to South America in order to find out about the petrification device and the "Why Man".

I could understand them facing some struggles on the island, but the mini petrification device came out of left field and I can't understand for the life of me why the hell the author would introduce this now. I mean, this is the island where Senku's step-dad and his crew lived in and it's also the island where the people of Ishigami village came from, no one there would have the knowledge to make this.

It feels like the author jumped the gun and decided to put an "impossible" hurdle in front of Senku and his friends just for the hell of it which in turn ended up creating a super contrived and nonsensical arc. In my opinion it would've been much better if there was no petrification device on this island and this arc was just about the shit that goes on in the island. And what the fuck happened to Hyouga and Homura? They were supposed to be on the ship as well, but it seems like the author completely forgot about them. Were they petrified as well? Did the people of Soyuz Island take them in? See, this arc has so many problems that it's not even funny.

There's also the problem that this arc is completely undermining the grand voyage to South America in order to discover the secrets of the petrification device because that will just happen on this village. No matter what explanation the author gives about how and why that petrification device ended up on that island it will no satisfy me and will also feel like complete bullshit.
Oct 11, 2019 1:10 PM

Oct 2013
The tension and hype are real!! Can't wait to see their struggle with Kirisame and other Ibara's troops to finally obtain the petrification weapon. We mustn't forget about Mozu as well. He doesn't seem to be a type of guy who easily resigns from goods that are in his reach.

@JustAnAnimeList , you know what? Some things you wrote came to my mind while I was reading this chapter. Mostly about future of this saga. While I am perfectly fine with the idea of the island with another branch of astronauts' descendants, there are several things that bug me off. I will focus on major two of them.

First of all, "WHY man". Was he kinda forgotten or what? This scene was dreadful and really mysterious, so who was it and if it was Ibara then how he was able to generate this communicate, where did he get proper knowledge on how to do it and where is the device (and who built it)? Questions are literally multiplying one after another and we don't see any on the horizon any answer coming.

Second thing, the petrification weapon. How did it get on this island in the first place? And why in that form? It has the power of petrification, but extremely limited. Let's not forget the main petrification weapon's range was the whole planet, while here we have a small bubble as big as a playground at best. Here I'm more positive about probability of getting more info about the device. Ibara can be interrogated and maybe Soyuz's father can tell more info about it after being depetrified.

Maybe Senku and others will eventually have to go to South America where the main device is located? I can accept another saga going by that concept. However, while I enjoy Petrification Island saga a lot, I see more and more gaps the further we go into its plot.

Btw. about Hyouga and Homura, they were petrified as well I believe, judging from what the petrification weapon is capable of. Depetrifying them is a bad idea. Had reviving them now could've led to their possible betrayal. In short, too risky. ;p
Oct 11, 2019 2:12 PM
Jul 2018
Adnash93 said:
The tension and hype are real!! Can't wait to see their struggle with Kirisame and other Ibara's troops to finally obtain the petrification weapon. We mustn't forget about Mozu as well. He doesn't seem to be a type of guy who easily resigns from goods that are in his reach.

@JustAnAnimeList , you know what? Some things you wrote came to my mind while I was reading this chapter. Mostly about future of this saga. While I am perfectly fine with the idea of the island with another branch of astronauts' descendants, there are several things that bug me off. I will focus on major two of them.

First of all, "WHY man". Was he kinda forgotten or what? This scene was dreadful and really mysterious, so who was it and if it was Ibara then how he was able to generate this communicate, where did he get proper knowledge on how to do it and where is the device (and who built it)? Questions are literally multiplying one after another and we don't see any on the horizon any answer coming.

Second thing, the petrification weapon. How did it get on this island in the first place? And why in that form? It has the power of petrification, but extremely limited. Let's not forget the main petrification weapon's range was the whole planet, while here we have a small bubble as big as a playground at best. Here I'm more positive about probability of getting more info about the device. Ibara can be interrogated and maybe Soyuz's father can tell more info about it after being depetrified.

Maybe Senku and others will eventually have to go to South America where the main device is located? I can accept another saga going by that concept. However, while I enjoy Petrification Island saga a lot, I see more and more gaps the further we go into its plot.

Btw. about Hyouga and Homura, they were petrified as well I believe, judging from what the petrification weapon is capable of. Depetrifying them is a bad idea. Had reviving them now could've led to their possible betrayal. In short, too risky. ;p

Yeah, this arc is creating too many new questions and I fear that whatever answers the author comes up with are not going to be good enough to explain this whole mess.

The "Why Man" getting side lined I can understand since there's nothing they can really do about it, so it doesn't bother me too much. I don't think it can be Ibara because if the Soyuz crew had developed any kind of advanced scientific tools then I'm sure the knowledge of how to make those would've been passed down the generations and we can clearly see that's not the case.

As for the "mini petrification weapon", I have already given up on it. The moment it showed up I thought that it was a mistake and that the author was shooting himself on the foot. No matter what kind of explanations the author gives us I will just write it off as bullshit.
I just hope that he keeps how the petrification device works as a mystery so they can go through with their grand adventure, otherwise Senku will just return to mainland to work his shenanigans and try to reverse engineer it.

As for Hyouga and Homura, they being such dangerous individuals I thought Senku would keep tabs on them by asking Suika or anyone else to check if they had been petrified or not, but it seems like everyone forgot about their existence. Just like you I also think they must've got petrified, but imagine if they weren't and Ibara took them in. They could end up putting Senku's plan to failure, and all because everyone forgot about them for some reason.

But yeah, I'm not really liking this arc and I feel I''m gonna be let down no matter what the outcome may be xP.
removed-userOct 16, 2019 7:57 AM
Oct 11, 2019 7:17 PM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
They are set for a plan that won’t work. Honestly can’t wait to see it all play out. Also I think this island did feel like a big detour but we needed to show the power of “infinite” revival and begin to solve the mystery of petrifaction? That might have been the intention? Either way looks like it’ll wrap us in a few chapters
Oct 12, 2019 10:20 AM

Jun 2013
If Kinro was turned into stone then revived, he shouldn't need glasses anymore right? His fuzzy sickness should be cured along with the depetrification but I guess it's for aesthetics.

Magma looked suspicious in the background in one of the panels.
臭い-
Oct 13, 2019 2:44 PM

Nov 2014
I suppose this petrification device arc may lead to Tsukasa's cure before everyone going after the Why Man... I mean, the Science Kingdom guys may need more fighting power and thus do it, even though I don't know how probable this line of action could be
Oct 15, 2019 7:33 AM

Oct 2017
They r finally ready for the final fight, kinrou has resolved himself to give it his all for the sake of ginrou and the others. The final drone looks really stable and ready for action. Now if only things went as smooth as the plan lol.
Oct 18, 2019 6:44 AM

Jun 2019
Bibimbapski said:
If Kinro was turned into stone then revived, he shouldn't need glasses anymore right? His fuzzy sickness should be cured along with the depetrification but I guess it's for aesthetics.

Magma looked suspicious in the background in one of the panels.

More like the depetrification doesn't have the ability to cure genetical 'illness' resulting on messing up your DNA
Feb 16, 2020 7:13 PM

Jun 2015
Yes, Gen. The labor never ends.
I'm wondering what will be Suika's role in this raid.

More topics from this board

» Volume 27 will be released on 4th April 2024

Adnash - Mar 28

3 by XGirl86 »»
Apr 15, 7:59 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Chapter 232 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ArtaRay - Mar 2, 2022

83 by Nerdason »»
Mar 21, 6:26 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Chapter 231 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2022

23 by Nerdason »»
Mar 20, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Chapter 228 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2022

35 by Nerdason »»
Mar 17, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Chapter 227 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2022

32 by Nerdason »»
Mar 16, 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.