Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 9, 2019 11:47 PM

Feb 2019
For me it's when I get into a series and then it blows up super mainstream and starts getting memed to death like KNY and Nezuko memes on reddit right now. I also hate when LN adaptations go completely astray from the source material like with Arifureta.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 2019 11:55 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Definitely legalisation issues more so than anything else.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 9, 2019 11:56 PM

Jul 2016
Superns18 said:
For me it's when I get into a series and then it blows up super mainstream and starts getting memed to death like KNY and Nezuko memes on reddit right now. I also hate when LN adaptations go completely astray from the source material like with Arifureta.

I hate when it DOESN'T. I want a spotlight on every anime. I hate that some blow up and some don't.
Oct 10, 2019 12:03 AM

Jul 2016
Cheapness. A show that is literally made literally just to push a product out the door. No heart, no soul, feels like none of the staff enjoyed making it, that sort of show. So... capitalism, basically.
Oct 10, 2019 1:08 AM

May 2009
Other fans being obnoxious in various ways, from memeing things up to being overly critical or elitist to just ruining the mood in some way or another.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Oct 10, 2019 1:14 AM

Feb 2019
I hate niche shows being shitted on by normies.
Oct 10, 2019 1:15 AM
Jan 2012
I watch anime for anime, so no matter how bad an anime community is, how others see anime, or even streaming site exclusivity, none of these issues are worse than when an anime betrays my expectations. The worst anime fanbase on the planet is a lot less grating than when a show I love ends up having a mediocre second half. I can ignore the fanbase, but I can't ignore the anime's dip in quality
Oct 10, 2019 1:34 AM

Mar 2018
- Watching only Naruto (or insert any super popular mainstream shounen-battle shows here) and claiming it's the best show ever (Believe me. Personal experience.)
- Praising Boku no Hero Academia for "being unique" (There're other ways to praise it. Try those.)

Opinions like:
- CGDCT shows are bad because they "exist" or because they're "cute" (???)
- This show has dominant female cast / a female protagonist therefore it's bad

Tl;dr
cythraul said:
I hate niche shows being shitted on by normies.

This.

Oct 10, 2019 1:39 AM

May 2019
Anything involving high school. I don't relate to it at all.
Oct 10, 2019 1:40 AM

Jun 2017
As an anime fan, I retain a burning hatred for those who believe it is okay to kill people that fundamentally disagree with them
Oct 10, 2019 1:57 AM

Oct 2017
Self righteous morons who feel they can moralize on very arbitrary aspects of the industry. Those that take criticism to personal insult level basically in general I can't stand.

I guess in general industry issues I hate some of the overproduction of this industry and wish we had more well produced works with studios treating animators better. I also wish the main fanbase wasn't so focused purely on whatever new seasonal is out.

I guess yeah anime not receiving sequels to shows I like is one though that seems less of an issue lately which is nice. Still it's pretty normal stuff that you will find in any fandom for the most part and the stuff that annoys me here is far less compared to some other hobbies.
Oct 10, 2019 2:07 AM

Sep 2016
IpreferEcchi said:
Superns18 said:

I hate when it DOESN'T. I want a spotlight on every anime. I hate that some blow up and some don't.

^ You should be happy for the creators and having more people that enjoy something that you do is only ever good.

ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴀꜱɪᴇꜱᴛ ᴡᴀy ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴩ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴜʀᴛ
yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ yᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʟɪᴋᴇ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
Oct 10, 2019 2:07 AM

Nov 2016
Maja_Kipert said:
Shipping wars, 10-years old girls that call yourself hard yaoi fans and rating whole anime without watching even one episode.

That's the main reason on why Fairy Tail third season has a high score
Oct 10, 2019 2:12 AM

Apr 2015
Those who think shounen is inherently childlish and only a thing to get you into anime that you will eventually stray away from after developing your own particular niches, it's a misconception that it's something you grow out of as you get older and I think its a vast misnomer.

What gets me even more annoyed is people trying to separate the: "Good shounen" from the "Bad shounen". You will see people crucify themselves as Christ to separate Academia(lol) and HxH from Naruto and Bleach when you can't deny they're clearly in the same family and execute similar themes (fights) to fulfill thematic throughlines. There's nothing that different about them. Calm down a little. It's like trying to praise Civil War by calling it Clockwork Orange while the rest of the Marvel Films are on a "lesser" level.
Oct 10, 2019 2:20 AM

Sep 2018
When the great show comes out, and never gets a sequel, even though the material would be enough for plenty of them.
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Oct 10, 2019 2:45 AM

Apr 2018
Normies who calls themselves anime expert but only watched naruto in their entire life
Oct 10, 2019 2:45 AM

Dec 2012
That most of the community only watches the same anime as everyone else (demon slayer, hero academia). And some of them will even say there is no anime even close to their level.
Oct 10, 2019 2:46 AM

Apr 2018
Normies who calls themselves anime expert but only watched naruto in their entire life
Oct 10, 2019 2:48 AM
BL Connoisseur

Oct 2008
chair-sama said:
When the great show comes out, and never gets a sequel, even though the material would be enough for plenty of them.

This. So much this.

So many anime have fallen into the "if you wanna know more, then go read the damn manga or long for a season 2 that will never come" category. Not an issue for me to read the manga of course, but watching the anime is more fun because I followed that storyline (which usually diverges from the manga either a little bit or drastically).

Case in point: Nanbaka. There's certainly enough for a season 3, so where is it TuT;

I am forever your most devoted believer.

Oct 10, 2019 3:01 AM

Sep 2015
The whole vocal part of the anime community that embarrasses us at every chance since they are brain-dead.

People yelling every day that a show is bad because they don't like it and everyone else should think the same.

CG anime that should step up their game like Houseki no Kuni and Beastars.

Anime only people in general.

Just the things that are the most annoying to me,but keeping it short for now.
Oct 10, 2019 3:56 AM

Jul 2014
Monarch-Reli said:

What gets me even more annoyed is people trying to separate the: "Good shounen" from the "Bad shounen". You will see people crucify themselves as Christ to separate Academia(lol) and HxH from Naruto and Bleach when you can't deny they're clearly in the same family and execute similar themes (fights) to fulfill thematic throughlines. There's nothing that different about them. Calm down a little. It's like trying to praise Civil War by calling it Clockwork Orange while the rest of the Marvel Films are on a "lesser" level.

But one should differentiate between shounens right?
If one liked Bleach, does not mean one will like Naruto.
Is it not bad to say:"watch any shounen, they are all the same thing anyway"?
Oct 10, 2019 4:26 AM
Jul 2018
Feel running out things to watch because of loss of interest.
Oct 10, 2019 4:37 AM
Jul 2018
The "All LNs are ecchi/harem/Isekai (and therefore) garbage" crowd. Just like anime, it is a very diverse medium that has a wide variety of characters and themes. Fate/Zero, SAO, HakoMari, S&W, Koten-bu, Monogatari, etc. are the living proof of how groundbreaking this medium can be (and also why it is my favorite.)

Also lewdness and fujobait.
Oct 10, 2019 4:44 AM
Jul 2018
School melodrama, fanservice, sexualised lolis, lack of diversity (though it seems that is starting to change with shows like Cannon Busters).

Edit: Just saw that Cannon Busters was an American comic like The Boondocks. Not sure why Japanese anime studios don't diversify. And what is up with so many Japanese characters looking European? Weird.
removed-userOct 10, 2019 4:52 AM
Oct 10, 2019 4:55 AM

Apr 2017
All the pointless bickering that comes up when someone says they like something and 3 other people jump and try to "prove" that that something is trash. Bonus points if listed favorites are brought up as an argument against an opinion's validity.

Pairings being heavily teased for 75% of a show but ultimately going nowhere. Feels like a waste of time.

Anime that waste time on long panning shots and slowed down dialogue, making me watch them at 1.2x speed.

FlowersInTheRain said:
sexualized lolis

Amen to that, and add shotas as well. It creeps me out.
Oct 10, 2019 4:57 AM
Feb 2017
A_Sad_Dust_Cloud said:
Cheapness. A show that is literally made literally just to push a product out the door. No heart, no soul, feels like none of the staff enjoyed making it, that sort of show.

Really? I like my shows when they feel uninspired with no effort put into it. Strange.
Oct 10, 2019 6:58 AM
Jul 2018
edelgord said:
Feel running out things to watch because of loss of interest.
You got 200+ in your watch list so by the time you get through those something new that interests you should have come out so don't worry about it, friend :)
Oct 10, 2019 7:26 AM

Dec 2017
Lately, when I get to see an anime film in theaters - depending on the anime - the audience can be obnoxious. Ghibli film audiences are almost always splendid but when I saw the premier of AOT season 3 at the cinema a lot of people were loud and commenting on scenes as we went.
Oct 10, 2019 7:32 AM

May 2018
The thing I hate most as an anime fan is anime fans :D
Too many unworthy miserable jerks: elitists, waifu-fags, shippers, agressive fanboys defending their favorite shitty show, agressive haters offending others' favorite shitty show etc. etc.

Oct 10, 2019 7:36 AM
Jul 2018
too much fanservice and cringy 11 year old yaoi fangirls
Oct 10, 2019 7:48 AM

Jan 2015
Superns18 said:

getting memed to death is a good thing
as it'll make the source more popular and even if 1% people get curious there is a chance it can support the content creators.

Oct 10, 2019 7:56 AM

Oct 2017
I think the thing I hate the most is supposed anime "fans" that make hate threads like this.

And now excuse me while I put this thread on ignore.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Oct 10, 2019 7:58 AM

Jan 2015
Superns18 said:

A bit of this, definitely. I mean I hate when some truly deserving shit doesn't get a shred of mainstream attention while shit which is really shit blows up and becomes popular.

And tons more stuff.
Oct 10, 2019 8:03 AM

May 2018
FlowersInTheRain said:
it seems that is starting to change with shows like Cannon Busters

In which way it's more diverse than...let's say Appleseed?
Or a title of your choosing.
Like what is new and different in it?
alshuOct 10, 2019 8:07 AM
Oct 10, 2019 8:13 AM

May 2017
I don't hate any anime. There are some i find bad or horrible,but i just simply dislike them,i don't hate them like a most of anime fans,who hate anime randomly for stupid and trivial reasons. Only thing i hate in anime are haters who badmouth my favorite anime and my favorite characters because they watch anime from critical perspective and my favorite shows didn't met their high expectations and standards,but some of them are delusional idiots who can't tell difference between real trash and fake trash. I have low expectations when it's comes to action or shounen or harem anime,but i have high expectations when i watch psychological or Slice of Life or supernatural anime. My standards are low because i watched anime that is so bad that it's makes me re-watch anime i dropped.
There is no bad waifu,only bad anime.
Oct 10, 2019 8:18 AM
Aug 2018
i mostly hate shipping war ,naruto vs one piece debate and Death note is best anime ever..
that's all
bakayarou konoyarou
Oct 10, 2019 8:21 AM

Mar 2019
-People criticising a show for such a small issue.
(Nothing is perfect! Not even you!)

-People MUST "hate" other shows that rival their favourites.
(Anime is made for everyone. Your job is to watch and enjoy, not being a critic.)

-People watching anime less than 720p and in noisy places.
(Don't insult the animators and the production staff! Watch HD with ear/headphones!)

-Ignorant fans.
(Do more research before arguing, otherwise you will look very stupid in the forum/comments.)

-Rating and reviewing a show before watching it.
(Your review is WORTHLESS if you haven't finish the last episode. Don't go trashing the show just because it's rivaling/better than your favourites and you hadn't seen it.)
M_MASTEROct 10, 2019 8:27 AM
Oct 10, 2019 8:42 AM

Apr 2015
Safeanew said:
Monarch-Reli said:

But one should differentiate between shounens right?
If one liked Bleach, does not mean one will like Naruto.
Is it not bad to say:"watch any shounen, they are all the same thing anyway"?

Indeed, that is a very bad thing to say. Good thing I didn’t say it.

What I am saying is that Shounen structurally in terms of their formulas are extremely similar, and I cannot find one battle shounen that strays from this formula. While Togashi’s pessimistic view of the human condition in Hunter x Hunter’s Chimera Ant Arc is a masterpiece, in my opinion, it is no more pathos-filled and "unique" in concept than Kubo’s view of a might-makes-right, kratocratic oligarchy in the Espada Saga. Certain things just resonate better or worse with certain people, and that’s perfectly fine, what I am saying is that; Don’t diss other shounen and try so hard to seperate them because one is unique and one is not. Hunter x Hunter is great--but it’s not unique. Do not tell me a shounen is great because it’s different from other shounen. Tell me it’s great by praising the aspects it has. Academia is fine, but it’s no more of a “character drama” than Naruto, or Bleach, or One Piece, it is when these comparisons start to happen that it nudges me in the wrong way. Comparing shounen to other shounen trying to praise one and diss the other is just asking for trouble.

But yes, watch all shounen anyway if you’re interested in them. It’s a fun, if not fairly toxic genre.
Oct 10, 2019 8:54 AM

Mar 2017
First thing that came to mind is that I hate that there is more good anime than I'll ever have time to watch.

More in line with other responses, I hate when anime fans dislike or dismiss older anime just because it's old, especially coming from people whose idea of what is old isn't actually that old.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Oct 10, 2019 10:03 AM

Apr 2016
People who need to say shit about on 99% of anime, so that they can become part of the famous elite of anime fan xD
Oct 10, 2019 10:56 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Gate-keeping and elitism.
It's unavoidable just as with every other interest/fandom/etc. Though it doesn't make it any less annoying.

One man's trash is another man's treasure. (and vice versa)

Other people's opinions don't make one's favorite anime less enjoyable.
Oct 10, 2019 11:22 AM

Feb 2019
I hate it, when people try to anime/pairing down my throat. It feels childish and unnecessary.
Oct 10, 2019 11:29 AM

Jan 2012
What I hate the most is having to rely on pirated anime websites (such as KissAnime and 9anime), because they are:
1) Filled with ads;
2) The player is slow (sometimes the thing just doesn't want to work)
3) Can get taken down easily.
Pirated websites are the only ones I can use to watch some anime, so their flaws become much more visible, and I simply don't have an alternative.
Oct 10, 2019 11:32 AM

Feb 2010
Definitely the ignorance, toxicity, stupidity, arrogance and obnoxiousness of other anime fans/people.

From the rare actual elitists to the people who still claim elitistm is the biggest problem in the community.

From people who think that the more people like something the more it deserves to be hated and criticized, to the people who think popularity makes something immune to criticism.

From overly critical people who have to nitpick about everything like it's their hobby to the numb consumers who eat up everything and are inapable of having a single critical thought in their head and even get offended at the idea.

From the people who insist that their arguments and opinions are more objective than those of others, to the people who shut down every attempt to analyse and discuss a show with infantile and redundant appeals to 'everything being subjective'.

From people who call everything 'pretentious' that tries to explore some deeper topics or themes to the people who call every battle shounen 'dumb' and 'generic' to feel less stupid themselves.

From weebs who are ignorant as fuck about western media but shit on it at every opportunity while whining about normies doing the same to anime, to people who say they're 'anime fans' but hate every single typical anime trope or genre.

From people whose only interest in anime is to fap to it to moral purists who would like to ban all kinds of sexualization from anime.

From people who think Yaoi is 'progressive' to people who think being a lolicon equals being a pedophile. Especially when they don't even know what pedophilia is and use the term in regards to high school girls or teenagers in general.

And definitely anyone who ever quoted Sturgeons Law in any kind of serious or even semi-serious context as well as anyone who hates a whole genre but keeps watching shows from it and actually convincing himself that he's fairly criticizing those shows despite already going in knowing that he's gonna hate whatever they do because he hates their genre and all its tropes and patterns.

I could probably list a lot more because my disdain for people/anime fans comes in as many facettes as there are stars in the universe, but I'm running out of time. There's really only one way I'll get along with an anime fan (or person in general), which is if they're open-minded, reasonable, patient, friendly, reflected, passionate and not judgmental, generalizing or on an egotrip. If they don't take themselves and anime too seriously, but also don't belong to the 'everything is ironic/sarcastic/cynic' crowd that couldn't have a normal, serious conversation if their life depended on it.

So, you see, there's a million ways in which people/anime fans can get on my nerves and most fall into at least one of those categories. I've met maybe half a dozen of people in my 10 years on MAL that I got to know well and STILL liked. I treasure those people, just like I treasure the few real friends I've found IRL.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 10, 2019 11:36 AM
Jul 2019
Definitely the industry and fanbase's shounen bias. Every AOTY post lists just shounens (and maybe some seinens) and acts like shoujo/josei stuff either doesn't exist or isn't "serious" enough to merit discussion.
Oct 10, 2019 11:43 AM

Jan 2019
people that think that good animation = good show, and people who thinks that battle shounen is the only genre that exist in anime

Oct 10, 2019 11:48 AM

Aug 2019
angry shounen fanbois who make me angry
Oct 10, 2019 11:53 AM

Jun 2019
When the anime make a tone shift. I mean look at Radiant, the manga is way more 'mature' whether it come to the dialogues and the violence or even the Behaviour of the MCs but now we have that stupid anime adaptation that fail to do it justice and ruined his chance to have a bigger fanbase.
Thanks Japan.
Oct 10, 2019 12:03 PM

Jul 2013
SJWs who hate anime, or any art form for that matter, because "iT's ImMoRaL", such as those who initiated the Goblin Slayer drama a year ago.
Oct 10, 2019 12:08 PM

Dec 2012
1. Incomplete adaptations and various types of Inconclusive or open ended series
2. Otome games/series like Diabolik Lovers, and their fanbase
3. When I can't own some great Macross series because of two companies 30 years of infantile, petty legal bickering
4. That one of the greatest series of all time, Monster, got it's physical release canceled here. Luckily Australia had my back on this one
KruszerOct 10, 2019 12:24 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Attack on skibidi toilet (attack on Titan story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 3 minutes ago

0 by Cyborgium »»
3 minutes ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Yesterday

20 by ScarRufus »»
5 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst ( 1 2 )

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

58 by Vendicator »»
6 minutes ago

» Skibidi toilet piece (One piece story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 11 hours ago

16 by Vendicator »»
14 minutes ago

» For those who ever rewatch anything, are there any anime you can't really casually rewatch in whole or in part due to intensity?

WatchTillTandava - 4 hours ago

12 by Rhaelynne »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.