Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 15, 2019 11:46 PM

Oct 2019
When a niche show I thoroughly enjoy kinda blows up and becomes normie fodder. I guess I'm just a selfish idiot, shows are made to have lots of people see em.
Oct 15, 2019 11:54 PM

Oct 2017
anime fans who overly express their love in public
Oct 16, 2019 12:42 AM

Jan 2019
Bandwagon. When people say that only Aqua is useless even though Kazuma has no abilities, Megumin can only attack once a day and she REFUSES to learn any other skill. Her attacks either don't hit or are ineffective. And Darkness cannot attack and gets herself into situations the team have to get her out of. Aqua usually ends up doing most of the work.

-Before you say she causes all the problems, You're wrong. The other's cause problems as well. (eg, Megumin caused the deaths of 3 dudes and a death sentence on Darkness) And Kazuma has been causing problems since the 1st episode/chapter.
-Not only that but they expect a person from Heaven who has NEVER fought in combat before to be perfect....

-And CENSORED HENTAI
iLoveWaterOct 16, 2019 12:55 AM
Nov 27, 2019 6:13 AM
Jul 2018
All of them, there's nothing to be proud of if you become an anime fan except the toxicity.
Nov 28, 2019 2:00 AM

Feb 2019
@MariShining How so? There's plenty of positive things in the anime community. Just like any other community it has good and bad.
Water-sama said:
Bandwagon. When people say that only Aqua is useless even though Kazuma has no abilities, Megumin can only attack once a day and she REFUSES to learn any other skill. Her attacks either don't hit or are ineffective. And Darkness cannot attack and gets herself into situations the team have to get her out of. Aqua usually ends up doing most of the work.

-Before you say she causes all the problems, You're wrong. The other's cause problems as well. (eg, Megumin caused the deaths of 3 dudes and a death sentence on Darkness) And Kazuma has been causing problems since the 1st episode/chapter.
-Not only that but they expect a person from Heaven who has NEVER fought in combat before to be perfect....

-And CENSORED HENTAI

The Aqua meme is so stale at this point.
Nov 28, 2019 11:55 AM

Jan 2019
Superns18 said:
@MariShining How so? There's plenty of positive things in the anime community. Just like any other community it has good and bad.
Water-sama said:

-And CENSORED HENTAI

The Aqua meme is so stale at this point.

You're right. It truly is. Not only that but so many people think she's a bad character just because of the normie crap that's said about her. Take a look at WaifuList
3152 Favorited and 1545 Trashed her. Simply because she's not used to doing the things that the people who ARE FROM the world do... If you ask anyone why they dont like her, they're going to spout meaningless irrelevant BS and when you debunk the crap they'll just change things up to something else.
Nov 28, 2019 12:20 PM

Aug 2010
Most fandoms.

This i don't hate, but I feel like the average anime fan has no idea what they are talking about when referencing story telling, art or animation. Mainly because it's not their field of study or knowledge so they just tend to throw around buzz words and conflate various elements of production.
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Nov 28, 2019 3:52 PM
Sep 2018
namely, anime communities which granted enough has been said about them

so, i'll have to say when a scene completely screws over a character and ruins their 'profile' (don't know how to put it but it's the best i can think of) for example, the latest ep of babylon for certain reasons
Nov 28, 2019 3:55 PM

May 2014
Whenever I finish a series I really love, always the worst feeling.
Nov 28, 2019 4:27 PM
May 2019
I'm an absolute beginner to anime but I would say elitism. I'm just here to enjoy anime and spend my time laughing and crying over good stories. If I like something, good on me, if I dislike something, shit happens and start watching the next anime. But as soon as I peak into fanbase I'm just overwhelmed by the amount of people that would swear that that anime is either the best and only anime out there or a piece of garbage only enjoyed by idiots. And people judging you for the anime you like. It just makes me kinna sad so I generally avoid fanbases :/

Other than that I wish I had friends that watched anime too even if it's not the same style of anime I would like, it would be fun to be able to laugh and talk about anime to friends I think. Anime is a thing I usually enjoy alone or with the husband taking a peek with me every once in a while.
Nov 28, 2019 4:35 PM

Oct 2013
How much of an asshole other fans can be. That's what I hate most about being a fan of anything in general.
Nov 30, 2019 1:15 AM

Feb 2019
@Setsuei This is why I hate anitwt.

@goldenraven I think people tend to look at the stuff they watch as extensions of themselves so if you say you dislike a show that they like they take it as a personal attack.

@Water-sama It's one of those things that's just cool to make fun of these days, realistically she's the most useful of the group, I mean you needn't look further than God's requiem in S2 finale for proof of that. For the life of me I don't get where the Megumin obsession comes from
Nov 30, 2019 2:04 PM
Mar 2016
Tachik0ma said:
When a niche show I thoroughly enjoy kinda blows up and becomes normie fodder. I guess I'm just a selfish idiot, shows are made to have lots of people see em.
I 100% agree. There's 1 specific anime that comes to everyone's mind rn, well atleast for me
Nov 30, 2019 2:08 PM
Mar 2016
Overall, I dislike most fans. Either because they shove their favorite anime in everyone's faces or because they're too stubborn to consider opposing viewpoints.
Nov 30, 2019 2:09 PM

Jul 2016
DrixMalone said:
I truly HATE when the writers make the female characters super abusive!! And repeatedly hitting the male character for no reason like when he accidentally sees them naked, or something stupid. Sakura with Naruto, that dumb cunt Index always biting Touma, or Ferris from "Legend of the Legendary Heroes" always hitting Ryner with swords, fists, etc...abusing him and intimidating him into doing what she wants and buying her dango's or insulting him!! It's all just annoying and it isn't "cute" or "funny" nor amusing to me, it gets old really quick and irks me throughout the anime. It only makes me dislike the characters more and the quality of the series declines in my eyes. Why the heck do they continue to add stupid supposedly humour like that in anime when it's everything but that, they need to quit doing it ASAP, it makes the show annoying and irritating.

I also hate fans which range from 9 to to early 20's because they are retarded and say the dumbest things!! They are annoying and think they know everything, I could go on and on about them but we all know how they are.

I'll stop right here, there's too many things to write about.

I hate violent tsunderes as much as the next person to be honest.
Nov 30, 2019 5:19 PM
Nov 2019
People saying to other that they have bad/shit taste? I mean everyone has their own opinions and we should respect that, what's the point to say to someone that he has bad taste of animes because you don't like what he likes...
Dec 1, 2019 11:47 PM

Feb 2019
@Shiney Gatekeeping Fucking anime is so weird to me. Everyone has different preferences and no one's are better than anyone else

shadowblaster5 said:
Overall, I dislike most fans. Either because they shove their favorite anime in everyone's faces or because they're too stubborn to consider opposing viewpoints.

That's why I hate anitwt.

shadowblaster5 said:
Tachik0ma said:
I 100% agree. There's 1 specific anime that comes to everyone's mind rn, well atleast for me

Ahhh, our friendly neighbourhood KNY. I miss the niche days.
Dec 1, 2019 11:50 PM

May 2016
Fanservice that doesn't serve a narrative purpose.

If you're not going to use fanservice to meaningfully explore sexuality as part of the story, then you're just insulting my time and my intelligence.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Dec 1, 2019 11:56 PM

Feb 2019
@Zelkiiro Thoughts on Enen no shouboutai/Fire Force?

Anill said:
I don't hate anything because I couldn't care less about these type of things. Not to mention that hatred is very unhealthy for you.

Very cool, thanks Kanye!
Marinate1016Dec 2, 2019 12:11 AM
Dec 2, 2019 12:34 AM

Mar 2015
Anill said:
I don't hate anything because I couldn't care less about these type of things. Not to mention that hatred is very unhealthy for you.

Well, you don't necessarily need to hate but rather dislike or dislike a lot, happens to me with Megalobox fans who claim it a masterpiece or AOTS.
Dec 2, 2019 12:49 AM
Apr 2016
I hate the lesser "fans" who cannot participate in discussions beyond "wow KEWL episode 10/5" or "what a trashy TRASH". Their inability to speak their heart clearly and in respectable fashion is a sign of a weakness of the individual's will. I wish after seeing dozens of series with them having a leading role they would have caught a wind what is going wrong...
Re:formed
Dec 2, 2019 12:56 AM

Feb 2014
Narration, internal monologues, and expositions. Every time I hear a protagonist break into an internal monologue, or directly talk to the audience through a voiceover, it immediately breaks my immersion and reminds me I'm watching a chinese cartoon. And this has gotten worse especially in the 2010's. The VAST majority of times, they're used as a crutch by hack writers and directors because they are either not skilled enough, and/or don't want to bother with "showing" the story through visuals and natural dialogue, and simply want to get it over with by cramming as much content as possible into the 11-13 episodes they've got to work with, by literally "telling" you.
VhailorDec 2, 2019 12:59 AM
Dec 2, 2019 4:46 AM

May 2016
Superns18 said:

Haven't seen it yet. Heard very mixed opinions.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Dec 3, 2019 4:26 PM
Jul 2015
Weebs.

It's because of those creepy nolifers that everyone that likes anime is dumped into the same pot and roasted in the oven.

If you tell someone that you like anime, you're immediately labelled as part of a subhuman species even if you're just a normal guy living in a society and don't do the cringy or degenerated things that weebs do.
Dec 5, 2019 7:58 PM

Feb 2019
orario said:
Weebs.

It's because of those creepy nolifers that everyone that likes anime is dumped into the same pot and roasted in the oven.

If you tell someone that you like anime, you're immediately labelled as part of a subhuman species even if you're just a normal guy living in a society and don't do the cringy or degenerated things that weebs do.

Weaboos scare me so much

Zelkiiro said:
Superns18 said:

if you see it lemme know what you think about tamaki

FloodBasalt said:
Narration, internal monologues, and expositions. Every time I hear a protagonist break into an internal monologue, or directly talk to the audience through a voiceover, it immediately breaks my immersion and reminds me I'm watching a chinese cartoon. And this has gotten worse especially in the 2010's. The VAST majority of times, they're used as a crutch by hack writers and directors because they are either not skilled enough, and/or don't want to bother with "showing" the story through visuals and natural dialogue, and simply want to get it over with by cramming as much content as possible into the 11-13 episodes they've got to work with, by literally "telling" you.

Chinese cartoon? Mate what..
Dec 5, 2019 9:40 PM

Oct 2017
Fans who are insecure with liking anime that they have to hide behind dumb ironic self deprecating humour.
Dec 5, 2019 11:10 PM

Feb 2014
Superns18 said:
orario said:
Weebs.

Weaboos scare me so much

Zelkiiro said:

if you see it lemme know what you think about tamaki

FloodBasalt said:

Chinese cartoon? Mate what..

Chinese cartoon is the technical term for anime in normie speak. But memes aside, I forgot Chinese cartoons/anime are an actual thing now, so this meme no longer works.
Dec 5, 2019 11:15 PM

Aug 2016
That we don't have amazing Berserk animation.
Dec 8, 2019 12:54 AM

Feb 2019
papsoshea said:
Unfinished series. It really does suck.

*cries in Log Horizon*

UselessSakura said:
That we don't have amazing Berserk animation.

absolutely ridiculous in 2019, we got Vinland, now we need that.

Dec 8, 2019 4:09 PM
Sep 2018
i hate it when people write off a show for the dumbest reasons, an obvious one to state is beastars most people would right that off as either furry or zootopia the anime and don't give it the attention it deserves
Dec 8, 2019 4:12 PM

Jan 2017
Two words Harmony Gold I want my Macross F already
Dec 8, 2019 8:55 PM

Mar 2016
Not enough shounen-ai and shoujo-ai.
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Dec 8, 2019 9:22 PM

Jan 2019
Garbage shows that continue getting sequels like MHA while good shows like Baccano! are stuck with only one season for over 12 years with no hopes of getting another season.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» What else would be in your Favorites if you had MAL Supporter? (10 additional slots)

IpreferEcchi - 11 hours ago

7 by TRC_Randy »»
27 seconds ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 8 hours ago

22 by Leer »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » What position do you watch anime in?

Spunkert - 19 minutes ago

2 by Zettaiken »»
9 minutes ago

» The nicest chest you've seen on a male or female character

IpreferEcchi - 50 minutes ago

8 by mizukasa »»
12 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - 4 hours ago

23 by Leer »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.