Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 9, 2019 1:09 PM

May 2018
After the 2 episodes that was released, is it a good adaptation of the manga in this 2 episodes?
Oct 9, 2019 1:55 PM

Mar 2016
Frenqox said:
It is actually. I mean, it doesn’t have the same brutality as the manga, and they clearly don’t have enough budget to transpose the beautiful art of the manga, but it’s definitely not bad. Plus, they didn’t skip anything.
Are you serious? The way it was presented I thought they had jump a shit ton of stuff. It's 30 volumes to 24 episodes if I'm not mistaken right? How many chapters were adapted?
Oct 9, 2019 1:57 PM

May 2019
It's good because it nails the atmosphere of the manga and the directing is great. However it seems like it will be rushed as hell and the first episode is already skipping stuff so...
Oct 9, 2019 2:05 PM

May 2018
Joshzata said:
It's good because it nails the atmosphere of the manga and the directing is great. However it seems like it will be rushed as hell and the first episode is already skipping stuff so...

What did it skip? is it something important?
Oct 9, 2019 2:11 PM

May 2018
tzarye14 said:
Frenqox said:
It is actually. I mean, it doesn’t have the same brutality as the manga, and they clearly don’t have enough budget to transpose the beautiful art of the manga, but it’s definitely not bad. Plus, they didn’t skip anything.
Are you serious? The way it was presented I thought they had jump a shit ton of stuff. It's 30 volumes to 24 episodes if I'm not mistaken right? How many chapters were adapted?

It might be a full adaptation but in a few seasons like fruits basket is doing, so there is a chance they meant 24 episodes for this season (let's hope it's in a few seasons).
Oct 9, 2019 2:19 PM
Jun 2015
tzarye14 said:
Frenqox said:
they adapted only 3 chapters, episode 1 was just the first chapter of manga, episode 2 was chapter 2 and 3
Oct 9, 2019 2:24 PM
Jun 2015
I watched both episodes, episode 1 was a good adaptation, they only overshadowed dialogues about the protagonist's past, but it's not a bad thing, we already understand the situation, it shows the ability of Hamasaki's direction, he knew how to capture the brutal pages and turns her into something beautiful, and also respected the atmosphere of the manga.

but the episode 2 was the weakest, it was rushed, they tried to adapt two different tales and it was inconsistent, both in timing and in the storyboard of the fights, except that Manji's brutal pages were adapted in a very rough way, I would say that he hit and miss this adaptation, of course it's too early to say it's a terrible adaptation, I hope episode 3 is consistent.
Oct 9, 2019 3:02 PM
Feb 2016
Gabisu said:
I watched both episodes, episode 1 was a good adaptation, they only overshadowed dialogues about the protagonist's past, but it's not a bad thing, we already understand the situation, it shows the ability of Hamasaki's direction, he knew how to capture the brutal pages and turns her into something beautiful, and also respected the atmosphere of the manga.

but the episode 2 was the weakest, it was rushed, they tried to adapt two different tales and it was inconsistent, both in timing and in the storyboard of the fights, except that Manji's brutal pages were adapted in a very rough way, I would say that he hit and miss this adaptation, of course it's too early to say it's a terrible adaptation, I hope episode 3 is consistent.

Eh the episode 2 is better, still rushed as fuck but the most important consistent things are there, the episode one jump all the Anotsu's pages long speech about the Itto-ryuu's origins, philosophy, motivations and goals was reduced to a two or three lines in here.. That stuff is more important
Oct 9, 2019 4:08 PM
Jun 2015
JOBEY-C1 said:
Gabisu said:

Eh the episode 2 is better, still rushed as fuck but the most important consistent things are there, the episode one jump all the Anotsu's pages long speech about the Itto-ryuu's origins, philosophy, motivations and goals was reduced to a two or three lines in here.. That stuff is more important
oh, I had forgotten that, but is there any other way for this dialogue to come in? In some other scene that recites him you know

Maybe I liked ep1 because it has atmosphere and Hamasaki (particular taste)
Oct 9, 2019 5:10 PM
Feb 2016
Gabisu said:
JOBEY-C1 said:

oh, I had forgotten that, but is there any other way for this dialogue to come in? In some other scene that recites him you know

Maybe I liked ep1 because it has atmosphere and Hamasaki (particular taste)

>but is there any other way for this dialogue to come in?
I really dont remember :/
Oct 9, 2019 7:07 PM
Oct 2017
I don't like how they removed the Manji Symbol from Manji's back, that's literally where his name comes from and they removed it because it's essentially a swastika.
Oct 9, 2019 9:19 PM
Oct 2016
It is! Much better than I expected it to be.
Oct 10, 2019 5:03 AM

Aug 2012
well , compared to the manga and original anime they jumped a lot of content and had characters say stuff that one should figure on its own. Also the attempt to be artsy is annoying. Overall is not awful but I am not happy with it at all. If they do not bounce back next episode I am gonna drop it.
Oct 10, 2019 6:22 AM

Mar 2010
Everything is so rushed...
And what the hell is that awful opening song?
DiscordiaMar 8, 2020 9:25 AM
Oct 10, 2019 10:43 AM

Jul 2015
So far it's way better than 2008 adaotation.
Thanks to it being streamed online, not on TV, they could drop the censorship and grace us with all the gory details.

Oct 11, 2019 5:09 AM

Aug 2012
Piromysl said:
Thanks to it being streamed online, not on TV, they could drop the censorship and grace us with all the gory details.
how is it better? bland characters and narrated content is better?
Oct 11, 2019 5:23 AM

May 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
Piromysl said:
how is it better? bland characters and narrated content is better?

The 2008 adaptation is absolute shit and no one should ever watch it, the new adaptation is nice so far.
Oct 11, 2019 6:25 AM

Apr 2008
The new adaptation is thrash.
Rushed, faces expressions are just bad, Rin feels to mature (in manga she developes through the story), and as a consequence of the rushed scenes, the characters are shallow.

Atmosphere is the only thing that saves a little bit.

Just like Berserk, it looks like Blade will never get a adaptation that lives up to the name.
JonathanDOct 13, 2019 2:26 PM
Oct 14, 2019 5:19 AM
Apr 2015
JonathanD said:
Rushed, faces expressions are just bad, Rin feels to mature (in manga she developes through the story), and as a consequence of the rushed scenes, the characters are shallow.

Just like Berserk, it looks like Blade will never get a adaptation that lives up to the name.

2 episodes adapt 4 chapters
Pacing is fast but never not bad
Thry adapt more important things
Oct 15, 2019 3:28 AM

Apr 2008
ziad1419 said:
JonathanD said:

2 episodes adapt 4 chapters
Pacing is fast but never not bad
Thry adapt more important things

There are 2 chapters per episode, in a volume of 4 chapters.
Many manga use 10 chapters per volume, so just for comparison, it's like fitting 5 chapters in an episode of a "traditional" manga.

I have no problem with the rush/fast paced technique itself, but when you cut essential information, it becomes a problem.
Even if this content is explained later (which makes no sense to have cut it initially then), some scenes have already lost their impact.

And I didn't understand the "most important things" part. Ittoryu's philosophy and the story of the two main characters seem very important to me. lol
JonathanDOct 15, 2019 8:00 AM
Oct 16, 2019 4:20 PM

May 2015
why shizuma eiku is in the characters and have a voice actor if they skipped his arc,maybe they'll do it later?
Oct 17, 2019 3:17 AM

Jul 2013
nanashi796 said:
why shizuma eiku is in the characters and have a voice actor if they skipped his arc,maybe they'll do it later?
Yes, this is weird. I thought they would adapt the part with Shizuma in the next episode, but according to the website, episode 4 will adapt

So either they are going to adapt his part in the 5th episode or they are probably going to skip him and maybe he will just appear in a flashback.
Oct 26, 2019 9:09 PM

Aug 2016

JonathanD said:

Except there´s one Berserk adaptation that does justice for the most part and it was made in the late 90s.

:v
Oct 27, 2019 12:56 AM

Jan 2008
MichaelJackson said:
Except there´s one Berserk adaptation that does justice for the most part and it was made in the late 90s.

This, thank you very much. Non-shit taste still exists on this site it seems.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Oct 27, 2019 4:07 PM

Dec 2016
It would be a good anime if the main character's voice actor wasn't the one chosen. I mean, i'm really sick hearing his voice in every single anime the last season, but this one too? I really don't have any means watching another anime with his voice in it. I found the anime spectacular, and was really excited to watch it, but after discovering who the voice actor was i had to let go.

Maybe some day, when i'll not remember his voice anymore, i'll watch it.
Squealer: My kind are neither slaves nor beasts.
Judge: If you’re not beasts, then what are you?
Squealer: WE ARE HUMANS!!!

Watashitachi wa ningen da!!!
Oct 27, 2019 5:34 PM

Apr 2008
MichaelJackson said:

JonathanD said:

No. Berserk 90s is fantastic (even part of my top 10).
But 60% of the story without animation (or poorly animated) ... hardly a proper treatment for one of the most acclaimed seinen.
Nov 2, 2019 3:42 AM

Aug 2012
Illyricus said:
nanashi796 said:
Yes, this is weird. I thought they would adapt the part with Shizuma in the next episode, but according to the website, episode 4 will adapt

So either they are going to adapt his part in the 5th episode or they are probably going to skip him and maybe he will just appear in a flashback.
They changed that. In the original Anotsu trains her. In #5 they have so much exposition and so much wrong things like how the map looks like. Is a terrible adaptation.
Nov 8, 2019 1:21 PM

Oct 2013
Who gives a shit about the manga, it's a good show on its own.
Nov 27, 2019 1:23 PM
Oct 2019
Maybe a little rush but that doesn't matter that much.
The less important stuff has simply cut off..
Also it's a very good introduction and kinda rewind to the ongoing manga of the serie :3
Jan 2, 2020 2:50 PM

Oct 2010
I was gonna pick this up but I noticed the score has dropped quite dramatically from what it was at the first month or so. have the later episodes been that bad?
Jan 2, 2020 9:34 PM
Jan 2016
Kougeru said:
I was gonna pick this up but I noticed the score has dropped quite dramatically from what it was at the first month or so. have the later episodes been that bad?

Imo the show is not bad. It has a great aesthetic, and great direction, but the pacing is just insufferably awful. It was not bad at the beginning, but as in progressed the pacing got so fast that the story was almost impossible to follow. As an anime only I would struggle to give any kind of detailed synopsis of the plot.....It's like this was supposed to be a 50 episode series, but they only decided to air every other episode.

I still think the show is a good watch just because of the high production value, but I wouldn't watch it if you haven't started, because most of us watching this now are completely clueless as to what the fuck is happening.....I'm clueless every episode......

This is just another case example of what happens when you try to cram a 100+ volume manga into a 2-cour season......just becomes an incomprehensible cluster-fuck.
Jan 22, 2020 11:55 PM
Jul 2019
i almost never dropped a show, but this one was an exception. Around the end of the first cour the story was a complete mess to me so i just decide to read the manga one day.
Feb 13, 2020 4:14 AM

Feb 2014
I didn't read the manga, but it is obvious that some parts are missing and that is the anime writer's fault for poorly adapting, I'm not saying the anime it self is bad, but it seems scrappy, all over the place.
Feb 19, 2020 1:17 PM

Mar 2014
[quote=SenpaiMars-Barz message=58903943]
Kougeru said:

This is just another case example of what happens when you try to cram a 100+ volume manga into a 2-cour season......just becomes an incomprehensible cluster-fuck.

You do realize the manga is like 33 volumes long right?
But yeah it is a clusterfuck.
For a better comparison HxH 2011 is 148 episodes adapting 30 or 31 volumes.
Or Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood 64 episodes adapting 27 volumes.

Feb 19, 2020 2:25 PM

Oct 2010
[quote=AnimeSoap message=59169894]
SenpaiMars-Barz said:
Kougeru said:

your quote broke so it looks like you're quoting me instead of SenpaiMars-Barz. I was so confused since I haven't even started watching this and didn't remember saying anything like that

Edit: looks like my quote broke too. Something is fucked with MAL's auto-quote shit.

Feb 19, 2020 10:44 PM
Jan 2016
[quote=AnimeSoap message=59169894]
SenpaiMars-Barz said:
Kougeru said:

My B, I meant 100+ chapter

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Joseahfer - Oct 9, 2019

81 by Apreggi »»
Today, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 9 Discussion

Hatsuyuki - Nov 27, 2019

27 by BrianaBird »»
Apr 8, 8:42 PM

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2020

53 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 15 Discussion

JiangHaoyi1979 - Jan 15, 2020

24 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 28, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 12 Discussion

Illyricus - Dec 18, 2019

21 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 20, 11:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.