Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 9, 2019 4:49 PM
Jul 2018
I had watched Digibro's "The Great Isekai War of Fall 2019--Round 1" video, where he talks about this show, and I think I'm starting to agree with him: the humor feels cheap, one-note, and predictable. Even Konosuba felt more...varied.
Oct 9, 2019 5:04 PM

Aug 2018
It went from Konosuba to Dragon Ball in just one episode.
Oct 9, 2019 5:10 PM
Apr 2018
Haha poor Jamie...
Oct 9, 2019 5:28 PM

Jul 2009
I know this is comedy and not meant to be taken seriously but guys, Seiya really is sick. If only he would seek help. According to the DSM-IV he definitely has OCD. He has intense compulsions that make him feel the need to over kill his enemies. I felt bad for the slime but damn now his actions be burning Jamie and other innocent villagers xD

He is very sick.
Oct 9, 2019 5:48 PM

Jan 2011
well this is extremely disappointing in the most expected way turns out our MC was op from the start but was hiding the fact he was even more OP was hoping he was gonna outsmart the demon somehow due to her being super strong but shit don't matter if he's op and just gonna train in his hyperbolic time chamber the whole time lol

also while still a comedy and not to be taken seriously for it to go a bit dark all of sudden i'm just like uh this oddly dramatic out of no where not sure how to feel about this.

still looks like i'll be watching this for Ristarte if nothing else i'm already over the premise 2 episodes in lol
Oct 9, 2019 5:53 PM

Mar 2017
katsu044 said:
well this is extremely disappointing in the most expected way turns out our MC was op from the start but was hiding the fact he was even more OP was hoping he was gonna outsmart the demon somehow due to her being super strong but shit don't matter if he's op and just gonna train in his hyperbolic time chamber the whole time lol

also while still a comedy and not to be taken seriously for it to go a bit dark all of sudden i'm just like uh this oddly dramatic out of no where not sure how to feel about this.

still looks like i'll be watching this for Ristarte if nothing else i'm already over the premise 2 episodes in lol
We'll that's the entire show, so if you don't like an OP character acting like this... The odea is he's insanely op, but is just cautious to a fault.
Oct 9, 2019 6:47 PM

Nov 2017
Damn,that was fun :)
Oct 9, 2019 7:05 PM

Jul 2012
I lost my shit when he threw her across the room lmao
I'm really liking this anime so far, very funny indeed.
Oct 9, 2019 7:17 PM

Dec 2018
Well, it was better than the first episode for sure, liking it more now.
Oct 9, 2019 7:19 PM

Feb 2009
Pretty good so far, I usually don't like comedy in anime so, i'm surprised it was funny for me.
Oct 9, 2019 7:32 PM

Mar 2018
Poor Ristarte lmao

I.. won't judge just yet.. I guess.
I mean it barely progressed in any way. All we had in the first two episodes were him starting his adventure and beating one of the top 4 generals.
So barely any hints to a real "story"

The humor is kinda special, you have to get used to it after all there's a lot of tsukkumi involved.
And the animations are really awesome ngl

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 9, 2019 7:37 PM
Feb 2017
It was an okay episode. I don't know how the humor will get better from here, as it will eventually start to feel recycled/stale.

It's trying hard to be Konosuba in a way, but it isn't working well.
Oct 9, 2019 7:58 PM

Dec 2018
Finally, an anime that doesn't rely on cheap fanservice and ass shots to be funny! Seiya's one of the first isekai protagainists I've genuinely liked in a long time, and Ristarte is a great character as well. Something I just realized about her name ''Ristarte'', is that it sounds and is spelt like ''restart'' like, restart in another world. I can't believe I didn't notice that until now...
Oct 9, 2019 8:32 PM
Apr 2019
Are the japs trolling us with the goddess' voice actress? Sounds like nails on a chalkboard and she has 90% of the dialogue. I couldn't make it past 15 minutes of this episode.

Edit: And people are praising her? Are you all deaf or something? Retarded maybe?
icecaitOct 9, 2019 8:36 PM
Oct 9, 2019 10:36 PM

Mar 2008
Legit only started watching this for Umehara Yuichiro and not regretting it one bit so far.

For everyone complaining that he's overpowered etc etc, that's literally in the title of the show.....
Oct 9, 2019 11:25 PM

Feb 2019
it's been a long time since anime made me genuinely laugh. Myth and roid with that banger too, need that on apple music asap
Oct 9, 2019 11:51 PM

Mar 2019
This anime is hilarious XD
After the first episode my expectations were high from it and guess what It didn't disappoint me .

You are welcomed to visit my profile ;)

Join our Club if you are an Harem & Ecchi fan ;)

Oct 10, 2019 2:08 AM
Sep 2017
I can see this anime has good potential and Rista is just lit (I am loving her coz Aqua is my 2nd best girl, check my profile). Anyway, the trope that this is following right now will get old very fast, if they continue the "Overkill routine" throughout.

I was kind of getting annoyed a little bit by that overkill bcz it was so similar to what happened before. I hope they have some unique way of turning things around. It has Konosuba potential for comedy and bcz of Rista and her personality she will always be compared to Aqua who I already love..

Until next episode...
Oct 10, 2019 2:10 AM
May 2017
hah this episode summed up:
Oct 10, 2019 2:48 AM

May 2019
Another fun episode. I like to parodical nature of the plot, and Seiya is a really fun character to watch.

We'll see how the character integrity of Seiya is challenged throughout, though

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Oct 10, 2019 3:11 AM

Jun 2019
When Saitama summomed to isekai and get his hair
Oct 10, 2019 3:26 AM
Jun 2017
I love the balance of comedy and action in this one. Its like youre watching konosuba. And love that skill--- where you can hide your real level. Hahaha...
Oct 10, 2019 4:22 AM
Sep 2019
The hidden skill maximum inferno thing actually made me laugh xD
Oct 10, 2019 5:02 AM

Jul 2017
Ristarte is like: "When is my summoned hero gonna be damn ready!?" when danger strikes, and Seiya's not having an ounce of her garbage...UNTIL HE'S SURE HE'S FULLY READY.

The moment when Ristarte "penetrated" him was comedic gold, knowing that Seiya was overly cautious about his abilities.

AND THEN...just as is with the slime, he annihilated the Demon Lord in pure OP fashion, even after charring her remains. I was certainly prepared for that, but his maxed out skill was NOT what I expected for the final kill. KonoSuba anyone? Giving Megumin a run for her money, that's something.

Now Ristarte is demoted to medicine...not even an goddess anymore.

This continues to be the isekai of the season, or maybe even for the year. Definitely having fun with this.
KANLen09Oct 10, 2019 5:11 AM
Oct 10, 2019 5:12 AM
Oct 2018
So far so good. As expected of WF, what a well paced, well executed episode.
Oct 10, 2019 5:12 AM

Oct 2018
That is one horny goddess.

The comedy still works but it's just a matter of time till it wears off. That moment will be the moment I'll drop the show. I appreccate the effort that is put into the show though. Great Voice acting, lots of dumb faces and good animation.
MaceChanOct 10, 2019 5:34 AM
Oct 10, 2019 6:06 AM

Jan 2017
Are we actually getting 2 good Isekais this season after the whole crappy year!?
Oct 10, 2019 6:43 AM
May 2019
The 2nd episode was also full of Comedy. Really looking forward to next episode.
Oct 10, 2019 8:09 AM

Oct 2013
Is this like.. Going by a light novel and not the manga or something? I checked out the manga and this second episode leaves off where the manga ends... If that's the case i hole they can hold out being as good!
Oct 10, 2019 8:54 AM
Apr 2014
Hmm that glimpse of dark turn. So this show isn't all about comedy I guess.
Oct 10, 2019 10:20 AM
Jan 2016
Good episode!

So Seya was using fake ability to hide his real stats, and he was a lot mor estronger than everyone thought!

Ristarte forcing her eyes unlock his security, so hialious!

And yeah of course, he would burn up the city spamming special attacks on demon's cinders!
Oct 10, 2019 10:49 AM

Jun 2013
It's getting funnier and he was faking his stats that's way cautious man
Oct 10, 2019 12:59 PM

Apr 2016
The episode was pretty funny, not something incredible but I wasn't expecting it would be at least good. I’m happy for that.
Oct 10, 2019 3:09 PM
Jul 2017
Can't Seiya just get rid of that annoying dumb blonde airheaded bimbo goddess and just leave him be? She's a pain in the ass. Just continue to build your stats up and destroy evil beings by remaining calm, Seiya. Ristarte shouldn't be in your way anymore, okay?
Oct 10, 2019 3:43 PM
Mar 2019
phil2288 said:
Stark700 said:
Ristarte reminds me a lot of Aqua from Konosuba lol

Definitely over the top, naive and lacks planning; but at least she's responsible and caring (on the personal scale).

But I think this is the author's parodying the cliche of the wise, mysterious guiding goddess who leads the naive but friendly hero around. (Seiya is most certainly the opposite of those.)
Even If Ristarte's personality is really Aqua-like, her VA is the same than Yunyun and I didn't expect that, but it fits very well with the character.
Oct 10, 2019 5:01 PM

Feb 2018
Definitely glad White Fox is handling this anime, the art, animation and overall production have been really solid so far. I'm definitely getting a lot of different vibes from this show that remind me of other isekai, like that villain reminded a lot of the evil dude from Re:zero. I don't remember if the op was in the episode last week, but I love that it's the same band as Overlord since they have some absolute bangers. In terms of the comedy, I don't know that I liked it as much as last week's episode, but it was still good (not quite Konosuba but a nice change of pace from 'serious' isekai). The town burning was pretty classic tho ngl. Only thing is I hope it doesn't get too much into the same formula for each episode, but if it's done right then it should be fine.
Oct 10, 2019 5:04 PM

Nov 2014
damn i haven't laughed so hard in a while
are you sure he's not the Maou??? LMAO
Rista is hilarious as usual. i love her voice so much

Misuta-Kitsune said:
So,.... OP hero was OP enough to defeat Chaos Machina the first time they met,.... but he wanted to be extra sure he was OP enough so he ran to get some extra training..... which got a villager killed.
Let that sink in.....
I'm gonna be keeping score on that, if I keep following the series that is.

Let's not mention the fact he practically destroyed said village..... áfter having won the fight.

Jimmy didn't die dumbass. go watch it carefully
Oct 10, 2019 6:29 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Better than the first episode. It got kind of serious there for a moment, but Seiya thought pretty far ahead by hiding his stats like that. Rista is pretty hilarious and probably the strongest aspect of the show so far. We'll see how far Seiya's gag of being overly cautious can go without being headache inducing. I'm already starting to get tired of it.

Some nice animation for the fight, but the stand out for me was the sound design. During the high speed strikes from Chaos Machina, the sound came half a second AFTER the movement. Really clever way of showing just how fast she was moving. Always a shame when a sexy girl dies though.

RIP Jamie the fruit stand guy
Oct 10, 2019 7:18 PM

Jul 2015
Ristarte is the best! such a cool and super funny character, just watching this because of her.. seiya is a bit annoying
Oct 10, 2019 7:19 PM
Mar 2017
I'm worried about how cautious Seiya is, I hope we know at some point what was the event that made him distrustful of the world and I must say that he was a real scumbag when Nina's father gave the money and Seiya demanded more , the same when he burned the village without any sign of mercy.

On the other hand RIP Chaos Maquina, Seiya really cheated on her using "fake out", the miserable demon always thought she had the advantage, until Seiya faced her seriously.
I felt bad for poor Ristarte, although she is not a useless goddess, Seiya treats her as if she was useless, is rude to her, has beaten her, and even Seiya cheated her by hiding his status from her, to the person with he could "trust."

As in the previous episode, Ristarte won all my laughs, she and her facial expressions are the best, I laughed a lot when she forced her gaze to see through Seiya's "fake out", the way her eyes they deformed every time she forced her eyes more was ridiculously funny. I just realized that Ristarte has a fetishe for smells, whenever she can be close to Seiya she sniffs him, also causes me a lot of grace as how Seiya causes Ristarte to lose her composure and her ridiculous facial expressions flourish.

Aki Toyosaki deserves applause for the excellent work she has done playing Ristarte, she really impressed me.
Anyway, I look forward to seeing Seiya's adventure progress, although I hope that Ristarte can have the patience to put up with this arrogant and discourteous Hero (but is obvious that Ristarte's perverted side enjoys him every second)
Oct 10, 2019 7:35 PM

Jul 2014
Not really feeling the comedy of this series, Seiya's over cautiousness is over the top and is being used too much that its starting to get boring fast. I can understand people finding it funny that he kept his stats hidden but I was actually pissed with it, I get that it was the joke but God damn that was irritating af to me, I literally said *you son of a.. no you didn't.... fcking pussy*
If it wasn't for Aki Toyosaki going ham on the Goddess role I woulda dropped this already. She's keeping this alive for me and is the only treat in this show.
Oct 10, 2019 10:20 PM
Jan 2019
If only the studio White Fox had done the great work he does with this anime also with Arifureta, but hey, what's done is done.
The attitude of the protagonist and the goddess are very funny, both complement each other, hahaha, I love that duo. The animation and sound effects in the action scenes are incredible.
I couldn't stop laughing when Seiya completely removed the ashes of the demon and set the town on fire with it 😂😂😂.
This anime could become one of the best of the season 😁.
Oct 11, 2019 12:21 AM
Jun 2016
And just like that, it's clear that the highest rated isekai of the season only had enough originality to be remarkable for one episode. Let's hope the praise this series has gotten gets distributed to the other 5 isekai which deserve it more (not just than this, but than basically every other anime this season).
Oct 11, 2019 12:22 AM
Jun 2016
WolfDBreidi said:
If only the studio White Fox had done the great work he does with this anime also with Arifureta.
Funny you say that, since Arifureta is great and this anime is not.
Oct 11, 2019 12:24 AM
Jun 2016
@-Stray
Finally, a kindered spirit who understands that the first episode was the peak.
Oct 11, 2019 2:20 AM
Apr 2012
I think this anime is a worse version of Kono-suba.
Only thing I can be impressed by is the animation(So many facial expressions) and Ristane's VA.
Ristane's VA is doing a gods work. Carrying this show.

Comedy is super flat, till Ristane actually does something realistically funny. oh my, is the main character boring. He is pretty much a dense lead. He's the main lead of every isekai, with a slightly small spin.
HeartyaceOct 11, 2019 7:10 AM
Oct 11, 2019 2:45 AM

Oct 2017
ttcchen said:
damn i haven't laughed so hard in a while
are you sure he's not the Maou??? LMAO
Rista is hilarious as usual. i love her voice so much

Misuta-Kitsune said:
So,.... OP hero was OP enough to defeat Chaos Machina the first time they met,.... but he wanted to be extra sure he was OP enough so he ran to get some extra training..... which got a villager killed.
Let that sink in.....
I'm gonna be keeping score on that, if I keep following the series that is.

Let's not mention the fact he practically destroyed said village..... áfter having won the fight.

Jimmy didn't die dumbass. go watch it carefully

Something, something "go watch it carefully..."
About 4 min into the episode....

Let me know where thís guy got resurrected....
Oct 11, 2019 2:58 AM
Sep 2019
I must say that I’m enjoying this more than I thought I would. The comedy is pretty fun and I’m starting to like the protagonist.
Oct 11, 2019 10:18 AM

Jan 2015
This episode was a bit weaker as compared to the first one imo but the last few minutes were hilarious.

I'm kinda bummed that they can go back to their realm whenever they want though.
Oct 11, 2019 1:05 PM

Jul 2016
Hmm, some of the comic timings were done better in the novel(Like he asking for more gold, it should've been a little slower), but it's overall pretty good!
If wasn't for the bias against Isekais, this would be a 8 right now.
DooMWhiteOct 11, 2019 1:45 PM

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

272 by poppaccino »»
Mar 31, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

273 by vicok »»
Dec 13, 2023 3:10 PM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2019

135 by Ayano_Kuma »»
Nov 8, 2023 4:57 AM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

208 by brunoyilli »»
Oct 31, 2023 7:51 PM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2019

94 by brunoyilli »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.