Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 1 Discussion


Oct 13, 3:14 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 2
The animation was okay/good imo, but I don´t like the censorship of the blood, but a rating of 6.8 , because of just that is a bit cruel . :c
 
Oct 13, 5:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 11415
well the white blood was annoying but overall the episode was good
 
Oct 13, 6:01 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 12
I am amazed by how one episode has just made the rating plummet. I have a feeling that the rating will not get any higher and people will keep the same rating even if the series gets better. It always happens with big shows
 
Oct 13, 7:53 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1778
Don't care about the low score. Miss this show a lot.
My Wife is a Demon Queen
 
Oct 13, 9:01 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 3969
sate, sate, sate.... I DIDN'T KNOW THAT DEMONS AND HUMANS BLEED SPERM BLOOD.

GIBE MI BLAAADDD!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
 
Oct 13, 10:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 17
Literally watched this right after the movie (I've been putting it off) and oof
OPM S2 all over again. So many stills, poor directing, lackluster animation. Actually OPM ep 1 was probably animated better than this. What a way to start off the season

Nanatsu no Taizai is such a guilty pleasure for me. Now I don't look forward to watching it every week now :/ Sure I'll watch it for the characters, but even then they sounded and looked so dull this ep. Animation may not be everything to a series, but when you downgrade this much it's pretty jarring.

whelp, let's see how this goes I guess
 
Oct 13, 11:01 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 11140
Well, the animation hurts, I guess history is repeating itself, exactly what happened with OPM season 2... Still, glad to see all the characters again.
 
Oct 13, 11:14 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2366
And this is supposed to be 20+ episodes season 2 had better animation then this.
 
Oct 13, 11:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 67
Lel0uchZer0 said:
OsamaKIN-TMZ said:
Ooooooof....


*facepalm* just go read the damn manga... This is the first episode and it is only gonna go down hill from here...

No it's not it was really good shut the fuck up


Ooooo, I can feel the salt...

K tough guy, can you please tell me what is so good about a poorly storyboarded terrible looking filler episode that makes A1's adaptation look like god's gift :3

Heck, even industry veterans and animators are saying this season is a train wreck, if it isn't stupidly obvious by the damn first episode.
 
Oct 13, 11:22 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 759
OsamaKIN-TMZ said:
Lel0uchZer0 said:

No it's not it was really good shut the fuck up


Ooooo, I can feel the salt...

K tough guy, can you please tell me what is so good about a poorly storyboarded terrible looking filler episode that makes A1's adaptation look like god's gift :3

Heck, even industry veterans and animators are saying this season is a train wreck, if it isn't stupidly obvious by the damn first episode.

People only hate it for animation and white blood and don't give a damn about story and characters
That's why kimetsu is highly rated for example
Absolutely stupud way to look at anime
The animation is decent enough and the white blood is irelevant
People just heard the studio name and decided to hate on it tho they have no actual argument of course
Bunch of braindead sheep
 
Oct 13, 11:31 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 1
I really hope that the animation gets better in the future, because this first episode was TRASH. Also, the censure, Wtf dude? White blood?, a black shape of a demon heart? Are you fuckin kidding me??
 
Oct 13, 11:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 67
Lel0uchZer0 said:
OsamaKIN-TMZ said:


Ooooo, I can feel the salt...

K tough guy, can you please tell me what is so good about a poorly storyboarded terrible looking filler episode that makes A1's adaptation look like god's gift :3

Heck, even industry veterans and animators are saying this season is a train wreck, if it isn't stupidly obvious by the damn first episode.

People only hate it for animation and white blood and don't give a damn about story and characters
That's why kimetsu is highly rated for example
Absolutely stupud way to look at anime
The animation is decent enough and the white blood is irelevant
People just heard the studio name and decided to hate on it tho they have no actual argument of course
Bunch of braindead sheep



... That is the most unsophisticated thing I've heard all day, of course they gonna care about the Sakuga, storyboard, directing and animation overall because that is the goal of a damn anime adaptation, if you care about the characters and story then just go read the manga as it is the truest and most direct way to experiencing the story...

BUT, your argument is still foolish because you said people don't care about the characters and story, WHEN IT IS A DAMN FILLER EPISODE, it's not even canon, and more of this shit either gonna ruin already existing manga scenes or completely cut it and fill it with dumb shit... Like the Estarossa vs Escanor fight that sucked in the second season, they replaced scenes and cut important Estarossa dialogues and panels...

And again you are jumping to conclusions, because I am someone that doesn't give a shit about the studio, but more importantly I care about the core staff and the schedule, also the director and how he/she manages everything... Sadly this season has a disastrous schedule, a nobody inexperienced director, none of the old staff that made the other seasons decent, and not even made by Studio Deen mostly, but outsourced to another studio called "March Jack"

The studio and staff changes happened in the first place because Aniplex bailed from the production after the movie under-performed.


I know it is a shame and it is sad that this season is gonna be a train-wreck, I love the Nanatsu no Taizai manga, its story and character, and I'm pretty sure it hurts me more than anybody that it gotta turn out like this... But it is just the pathetic current state of the anime industry... :(
 
Oct 13, 12:21 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 759
OsamaKIN-TMZ said:
Lel0uchZer0 said:

People only hate it for animation and white blood and don't give a damn about story and characters
That's why kimetsu is highly rated for example
Absolutely stupud way to look at anime
The animation is decent enough and the white blood is irelevant
People just heard the studio name and decided to hate on it tho they have no actual argument of course
Bunch of braindead sheep



... That is the most unsophisticated thing I've heard all day, of course they gonna care about the Sakuga, storyboard, directing and animation overall because that is the goal of a damn anime adaptation, if you care about the characters and story then just go read the manga as it is the truest and most direct way to experiencing the story...

BUT, your argument is still foolish because you said people don't care about the characters and story, WHEN IT IS A DAMN FILLER EPISODE, it's not even canon, and more of this shit either gonna ruin already existing manga scenes or completely cut it and fill it with dumb shit... Like the Estarossa vs Escanor fight that sucked in the second season, they replaced scenes and cut important Estarossa dialogues and panels...

And again you are jumping to conclusions, because I am someone that doesn't give a shit about the studio, but more importantly I care about the core staff and the schedule, also the director and how he/she manages everything... Sadly this season has a disastrous schedule, a nobody inexperienced director, none of the old staff that made the other seasons decent, and not even made by Studio Deen mostly, but outsourced to another studio called "March Jack"

The studio and staff changes happened in the first place because Aniplex bailed from the production after the movie under-performed.


I know it is a shame and it is sad that this season is gonna be a train-wreck, I love the Nanatsu no Taizai manga, its story and character, and I'm pretty sure it hurts me more than anybody that it gotta turn out like this... But it is just the pathetic current state of the anime industry... :(

Escanor vs estarossa is one of the best fights imo
And this season has some good gems
Try outburst dreamer boys or ore wo suki for some good comedy as well as kemono much
And again. When story will pick up in 7ds it is 100% gonna be enjoyable as well as my hero academia
Last aeason was awesome but this one ain't bad
 
Oct 13, 3:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 67
Lel0uchZer0 said:
OsamaKIN-TMZ said:



... That is the most unsophisticated thing I've heard all day, of course they gonna care about the Sakuga, storyboard, directing and animation overall because that is the goal of a damn anime adaptation, if you care about the characters and story then just go read the manga as it is the truest and most direct way to experiencing the story...

BUT, your argument is still foolish because you said people don't care about the characters and story, WHEN IT IS A DAMN FILLER EPISODE, it's not even canon, and more of this shit either gonna ruin already existing manga scenes or completely cut it and fill it with dumb shit... Like the Estarossa vs Escanor fight that sucked in the second season, they replaced scenes and cut important Estarossa dialogues and panels...

And again you are jumping to conclusions, because I am someone that doesn't give a shit about the studio, but more importantly I care about the core staff and the schedule, also the director and how he/she manages everything... Sadly this season has a disastrous schedule, a nobody inexperienced director, none of the old staff that made the other seasons decent, and not even made by Studio Deen mostly, but outsourced to another studio called "March Jack"

The studio and staff changes happened in the first place because Aniplex bailed from the production after the movie under-performed.


I know it is a shame and it is sad that this season is gonna be a train-wreck, I love the Nanatsu no Taizai manga, its story and character, and I'm pretty sure it hurts me more than anybody that it gotta turn out like this... But it is just the pathetic current state of the anime industry... :(

Escanor vs estarossa is one of the best fights imo
And this season has some good gems
Try outburst dreamer boys or ore wo suki for some good comedy as well as kemono much
And again. When story will pick up in 7ds it is 100% gonna be enjoyable as well as my hero academia
Last aeason was awesome but this one ain't bad



Nigga deadass.... did you even read my statement at all... You even changed the subject a little...

Whatever, I should stop wasting my time with buffoons online :/
 
Oct 13, 3:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 1577
Yeah, this is a pass for now.

I really liked the first 2 seasons but I just can't get into this one because of the Censorship and the animation which is a bit worse. I'll be waiting for the Bluray/Netflix uncensored release.

"The more popular an anime becomes, the larger the fan base becomes. The larger the fan base becomes, the more weirdos are in the fan base. The more weirdos with louder voices..." -NuxTaku, 2019


 
Oct 13, 6:51 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 4
I lost it at the jizz blood
 
Oct 13, 10:34 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 19
you people disgust me. As someone who'll work in the entertainment industry, it really sucks to see how fans are so annoying and never are satisfied. Studio Deen did a good job for a first episode. What are you expecting? Some all-out battle in the first episode? It was an introduction, after all. Seeing all these reactions makes you think what's the purpose of creating content for such annoying people.
 
Oct 13, 11:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2100
So why would you outsource the third season of a big series in Japan? I swear Japan has some of the worst business practices sometimes. I gather that from reading the comments.

Now onto the show itself, it's kind of repeating the mistakes of season 2 and is becoming the typical Shonen than standing out. This was really boring filler and didn't really follow up on anything. Also the power level thing is getting out of hand if Merlin is able to job out a demon with a 8k power level. Why have them if you're gonna ignore them? The series is declining in quality and it is losing focus of what made it good. At least Meliados, Ban, and Merlin can carry me through another set of 24 episodes of mediocrity. I went out of my way to marathon season 2 to watch this. (I did it in two days.).

Also the white blood is fucking stupid.
Studio Trigger is like that food you always want but hate when it is sold out in the stores. That's how good Studio Trigger is.
 
Oct 14, 12:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2100
OsamaKIN-TMZ said:
Lel0uchZer0 said:

People only hate it for animation and white blood and don't give a damn about story and characters
That's why kimetsu is highly rated for example
Absolutely stupud way to look at anime
The animation is decent enough and the white blood is irelevant
People just heard the studio name and decided to hate on it tho they have no actual argument of course
Bunch of braindead sheep



... That is the most unsophisticated thing I've heard all day, of course they gonna care about the Sakuga, storyboard, directing and animation overall because that is the goal of a damn anime adaptation, if you care about the characters and story then just go read the manga as it is the truest and most direct way to experiencing the story...

BUT, your argument is still foolish because you said people don't care about the characters and story, WHEN IT IS A DAMN FILLER EPISODE, it's not even canon, and more of this shit either gonna ruin already existing manga scenes or completely cut it and fill it with dumb shit... Like the Estarossa vs Escanor fight that sucked in the second season, they replaced scenes and cut important Estarossa dialogues and panels...

And again you are jumping to conclusions, because I am someone that doesn't give a shit about the studio, but more importantly I care about the core staff and the schedule, also the director and how he/she manages everything... Sadly this season has a disastrous schedule, a nobody inexperienced director, none of the old staff that made the other seasons decent, and not even made by Studio Deen mostly, but outsourced to another studio called "March Jack"

The studio and staff changes happened in the first place because Aniplex bailed from the production after the movie under-performed.


I know it is a shame and it is sad that this season is gonna be a train-wreck, I love the Nanatsu no Taizai manga, its story and character, and I'm pretty sure it hurts me more than anybody that it gotta turn out like this... But it is just the pathetic current state of the anime industry... :(
I just marathon season 2 in two days to watch this. I feel a little piss now. I haven't seen the movie yet either. I don't get it. Why would you outsource the third season of a show people really like? It is setting it up to fail. How much did the movie make?
Studio Trigger is like that food you always want but hate when it is sold out in the stores. That's how good Studio Trigger is.
 
Oct 14, 5:29 AM
Infectious

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 64
S t u d i o
d e e n
f a u l t
5/10
 
Oct 14, 11:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 67
MasterHavik said:
OsamaKIN-TMZ said:



... That is the most unsophisticated thing I've heard all day, of course they gonna care about the Sakuga, storyboard, directing and animation overall because that is the goal of a damn anime adaptation, if you care about the characters and story then just go read the manga as it is the truest and most direct way to experiencing the story...

BUT, your argument is still foolish because you said people don't care about the characters and story, WHEN IT IS A DAMN FILLER EPISODE, it's not even canon, and more of this shit either gonna ruin already existing manga scenes or completely cut it and fill it with dumb shit... Like the Estarossa vs Escanor fight that sucked in the second season, they replaced scenes and cut important Estarossa dialogues and panels...

And again you are jumping to conclusions, because I am someone that doesn't give a shit about the studio, but more importantly I care about the core staff and the schedule, also the director and how he/she manages everything... Sadly this season has a disastrous schedule, a nobody inexperienced director, none of the old staff that made the other seasons decent, and not even made by Studio Deen mostly, but outsourced to another studio called "March Jack"

The studio and staff changes happened in the first place because Aniplex bailed from the production after the movie under-performed.


I know it is a shame and it is sad that this season is gonna be a train-wreck, I love the Nanatsu no Taizai manga, its story and character, and I'm pretty sure it hurts me more than anybody that it gotta turn out like this... But it is just the pathetic current state of the anime industry... :(
I just marathon season 2 in two days to watch this. I feel a little piss now. I haven't seen the movie yet either. I don't get it. Why would you outsource the third season of a show people really like? It is setting it up to fail. How much did the movie make?


Aniplex is always known to only care about the money and milking the fuck-out of a popular series like Sword Art Online and ditching less popular ones...

But the big problem is, almost all studios right now are set, Aniplex randomly gave up the copyright, so the copyright holders aka the producers had to give it to a studio and collect staff for an anime adaptation under a 1 year deadline... The problem is like I said, almost all studios especially in 2019 are completely booked-up, some even for 2020 and 2021 too, but as a last resort they just wanted to give the right to who ever want it, then here comes Studio Deen like "Gimme that shit boi!!"... But opssieeee, Studio Deen realized that they really are completely busy and can't deal with another adaptation... But instead of doing the logical solution and postponing the adaptation, instead they just collected random nobodies and threw the adaptation into one of their weakest outsourcing studios, and Voila!’... Here comes a shit adaptation...

The anime industry is really in a pathetic place right now :/
 
Oct 14, 12:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2100
OsamaKIN-TMZ said:
MasterHavik said:
I just marathon season 2 in two days to watch this. I feel a little piss now. I haven't seen the movie yet either. I don't get it. Why would you outsource the third season of a show people really like? It is setting it up to fail. How much did the movie make?


Aniplex is always known to only care about the money and milking the fuck-out of a popular series like Sword Art Online and ditching less popular ones...

But the big problem is, almost all studios right now are set, Aniplex randomly gave up the copyright, so the copyright holders aka the producers had to give it to a studio and collect staff for an anime adaptation under a 1 year deadline... The problem is like I said, almost all studios especially in 2019 are completely booked-up, some even for 2020 and 2021 too, but as a last resort they just wanted to give the right to who ever want it, then here comes Studio Deen like "Gimme that shit boi!!"... But opssieeee, Studio Deen realized that they really are completely busy and can't deal with another adaptation... But instead of doing the logical solution and postponing the adaptation, instead they just collected random nobodies and threw the adaptation into one of their weakest outsourcing studios, and Voila!’... Here comes a shit adaptation...

The anime industry is really in a pathetic place right now :/
They are in supply and demand mode thinking if a handful of shows are successful that they need to make mroe anime. They're not taking the time what makes a show like a SAO and MHA sell well. That is why they are adapting light novels like crazy hoping to make money. This is why I tell peopel anime isn't doing well when stuff like this is happening.
Studio Trigger is like that food you always want but hate when it is sold out in the stores. That's how good Studio Trigger is.
 
Oct 14, 3:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 690
So sad to see such a horrible quality drop in the animation. It's the first episode so I wasn't' expecting much action, but seeing how underwhelming and poorly animated the fight scenes that were shown were, it's gonna be hard wanting to keep up with the series.

Acro23 said:
I lost it at the jizz blood

Looool I know, right? looks so weird, since the past seasons had normal blood.

Fappa said:
Kiramisawa said:
I honestly knew this was going to happen after finding out Studio DEEN took over.


For how much you claim to know you do not seem to be aware of the fact that it's a full on outsourcing job to Marvy Jack. So that flimsy connection you're trying to make here isn't exactly working out.


But then who were the ones who chose an unqualified studio to do the job? Wasn't it studio DEEN?

It's just like this person said
ZaviieR said:
S t u d i o
d e e n
f a u l t
5/10


Bird_of_Hermes_ said:
DIZZYOG said:
I came for the characters not blood

Yes! More people who understand that animation isn't everything


Loool animation isn't everything in an anime lmfao
it either is an anime or a slideshow, it can't be both


Modified by Otaakuu, Oct 14, 3:54 PM

 
Oct 14, 3:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 690
woc1997 said:
you people disgust me. As someone who'll work in the entertainment industry, it really sucks to see how fans are so annoying and never are satisfied. Studio Deen did a good job for a first episode. What are you expecting? Some all-out battle in the first episode? It was an introduction, after all. Seeing all these reactions makes you think what's the purpose of creating content for such annoying people.


Yikes, did you have anything to do with the production of this season? Because if you did, I'd understand why you sound so upset. But other than that, if you can't take criticism, then maybe don't even try to work in the entertainment industry or anything that has consumers involved, because every product is going to get some sort of criticism.

Even if it is "just the first episode", it sets the tone for how the whole season will play out, and it gets people more excited for the upcoming episodes. If people disliked the first episode so much, how many do you think will want to keep watching?

And what kind of reactions did you expect? Blind appraisal? You're never gonna get that if you do a mediocre job. And that's what this first episode was; mediocre at best.

 
Oct 15, 12:19 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 19
Otaakuu said:
woc1997 said:
you people disgust me. As someone who'll work in the entertainment industry, it really sucks to see how fans are so annoying and never are satisfied. Studio Deen did a good job for a first episode. What are you expecting? Some all-out battle in the first episode? It was an introduction, after all. Seeing all these reactions makes you think what's the purpose of creating content for such annoying people.


Yikes, did you have anything to do with the production of this season? Because if you did, I'd understand why you sound so upset. But other than that, if you can't take criticism, then maybe don't even try to work in the entertainment industry or anything that has consumers involved, because every product is going to get some sort of criticism.

Even if it is "just the first episode", it sets the tone for how the whole season will play out, and it gets people more excited for the upcoming episodes. If people disliked the first episode so much, how many do you think will want to keep watching?

And what kind of reactions did you expect? Blind appraisal? You're never gonna get that if you do a mediocre job. And that's what this first episode was; mediocre at best.


Please, if I had worked on this series, I wouldn't dignify myself to answer the people on this forum. I'm angry, because I'm capable of empathy: seeing how much work the staff put into this to be dismissed by nonsensical arguments.

One other thing: there's a difference between constructive criticism with content and fans babbling out nonsense because the work didn't turn out the way they wanted.

People aren't able to judge the entirety of one's work based on one episode. And I'm really mesmerized that you’re such a specialist to judge it mediocre. If you worked on the animation industry, that would've been one thing; a testimony of an angry fan, not so much…

Contrary to you, I'm in film college. If there was something mediocre as you said, I would've noticed. The plot was ok, character designs continued the same and the animation for the action scenes wasn't the best, but it was good enough for a first episode. The only thing people are getting so upset about that makes some actual sense (even though it’s stupid) is the white blood lol

And I'm sure everyone hating on the first episode will watch the entire series lol

 
Oct 15, 4:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 224
woc1997 said:
Otaakuu said:


Yikes, did you have anything to do with the production of this season? Because if you did, I'd understand why you sound so upset. But other than that, if you can't take criticism, then maybe don't even try to work in the entertainment industry or anything that has consumers involved, because every product is going to get some sort of criticism.

Even if it is "just the first episode", it sets the tone for how the whole season will play out, and it gets people more excited for the upcoming episodes. If people disliked the first episode so much, how many do you think will want to keep watching?

And what kind of reactions did you expect? Blind appraisal? You're never gonna get that if you do a mediocre job. And that's what this first episode was; mediocre at best.


Please, if I had worked on this series, I wouldn't dignify myself to answer the people on this forum. I'm angry, because I'm capable of empathy: seeing how much work the staff put into this to be dismissed by nonsensical arguments.

One other thing: there's a difference between constructive criticism with content and fans babbling out nonsense because the work didn't turn out the way they wanted.

People aren't able to judge the entirety of one's work based on one episode. And I'm really mesmerized that you’re such a specialist to judge it mediocre. If you worked on the animation industry, that would've been one thing; a testimony of an angry fan, not so much…

Contrary to you, I'm in film college. If there was something mediocre as you said, I would've noticed. The plot was ok, character designs continued the same and the animation for the action scenes wasn't the best, but it was good enough for a first episode. The only thing people are getting so upset about that makes some actual sense (even though it’s stupid) is the white blood lol

And I'm sure everyone hating on the first episode will watch the entire series lol



Also this censorship can easily get fixed in BD releases or
by airing it again on a Night channel in JP
Modified by AmeliaNeston2003, Oct 15, 4:17 AM
 
Oct 15, 4:50 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 351
MasterHavik said:
So why would you outsource the third season of a big series in Japan? I swear Japan has some of the worst business practices sometimes. I gather that from reading the comments.

Now onto the show itself, it's kind of repeating the mistakes of season 2 and is becoming the typical Shonen than standing out. This was really boring filler and didn't really follow up on anything. Also the power level thing is getting out of hand if Merlin is able to job out a demon with a 8k power level. Why have them if you're gonna ignore them? The series is declining in quality and it is losing focus of what made it good. At least Meliados, Ban, and Merlin can carry me through another set of 24 episodes of mediocrity. I went out of my way to marathon season 2 to watch this. (I did it in two days.).

Also the white blood is fucking stupid.



Deen were having an in house anime in summer and another anime to produce this season and also there's another anime coming in Winter 2020 so the studio was fully booked in advance so they outscored it to Marvy Jack since TV Tokyo wanted it in a short time.
 
Oct 15, 4:52 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 351
AmeliaNeston2003 said:
woc1997 said:


Please, if I had worked on this series, I wouldn't dignify myself to answer the people on this forum. I'm angry, because I'm capable of empathy: seeing how much work the staff put into this to be dismissed by nonsensical arguments.

One other thing: there's a difference between constructive criticism with content and fans babbling out nonsense because the work didn't turn out the way they wanted.

People aren't able to judge the entirety of one's work based on one episode. And I'm really mesmerized that you’re such a specialist to judge it mediocre. If you worked on the animation industry, that would've been one thing; a testimony of an angry fan, not so much…

Contrary to you, I'm in film college. If there was something mediocre as you said, I would've noticed. The plot was ok, character designs continued the same and the animation for the action scenes wasn't the best, but it was good enough for a first episode. The only thing people are getting so upset about that makes some actual sense (even though it’s stupid) is the white blood lol

And I'm sure everyone hating on the first episode will watch the entire series lol



Also this censorship can easily get fixed in BD releases or
by airing it again on a Night channel in JP


it'll be streaming in Netflix after the season finishes so it'll be removed ofc
 
Oct 15, 5:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 224
todd2580 said:
AmeliaNeston2003 said:


Also this censorship can easily get fixed in BD releases or
by airing it again on a Night channel in JP


it'll be streaming in Netflix after the season finishes so it'll be removed ofc



It is a good news for the fans , they shouldn't be that angry just because of some censorship , I know it's not good to have any kind of Censorship
It's only a matter of time before the Uncut appears

At least they should be happy they're continuing this series
 
Oct 15, 6:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 67
MasterHavik said:
OsamaKIN-TMZ said:


Aniplex is always known to only care about the money and milking the fuck-out of a popular series like Sword Art Online and ditching less popular ones...

But the big problem is, almost all studios right now are set, Aniplex randomly gave up the copyright, so the copyright holders aka the producers had to give it to a studio and collect staff for an anime adaptation under a 1 year deadline... The problem is like I said, almost all studios especially in 2019 are completely booked-up, some even for 2020 and 2021 too, but as a last resort they just wanted to give the right to who ever want it, then here comes Studio Deen like "Gimme that shit boi!!"... But opssieeee, Studio Deen realized that they really are completely busy and can't deal with another adaptation... But instead of doing the logical solution and postponing the adaptation, instead they just collected random nobodies and threw the adaptation into one of their weakest outsourcing studios, and Voila!’... Here comes a shit adaptation...

The anime industry is really in a pathetic place right now :/
They are in supply and demand mode thinking if a handful of shows are successful that they need to make mroe anime. They're not taking the time what makes a show like a SAO and MHA sell well. That is why they are adapting light novels like crazy hoping to make money. This is why I tell peopel anime isn't doing well when stuff like this is happening.


One of the reasons i'm a sakuga lover and try to learn as much as possible about everything anime production related, not only to predict stuff like this, but to also appreciate good production values that get overshadowed by the popular shows, a good anime doesn't need a big budget but instead decent and passionate talented staff, a good healthy schedule, decent management and well-put together directing and storyboarding...

The current problem with the industry right now is exactly what you mentioned (Which I love that you mentioned it) and I of course mean the ridiculous amount of anime produced every season, there are too many adaptations going on, and sadly because they pomp out so many adaptations, they most of the time don't even give enough time for those adaptations, even amazing animators and directors will struggle if you give them a bad schedule ( it's like telling Gordon Ramsay to make you a full lunch meal under 5 minutes... It is practically impossible even if he is a great chef... :/)
 
Oct 15, 6:37 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 351
OsamaKIN-TMZ said:
MasterHavik said:
I just marathon season 2 in two days to watch this. I feel a little piss now. I haven't seen the movie yet either. I don't get it. Why would you outsource the third season of a show people really like? It is setting it up to fail. How much did the movie make?


Aniplex is always known to only care about the money and milking the fuck-out of a popular series like Sword Art Online and ditching less popular ones...

But the big problem is, almost all studios right now are set, Aniplex randomly gave up the copyright, so the copyright holders aka the producers had to give it to a studio and collect staff for an anime adaptation under a 1 year deadline... The problem is like I said, almost all studios especially in 2019 are completely booked-up, some even for 2020 and 2021 too, but as a last resort they just wanted to give the right to who ever want it, then here comes Studio Deen like "Gimme that shit boi!!"... But opssieeee, Studio Deen realized that they really are completely busy and can't deal with another adaptation... But instead of doing the logical solution and postponing the adaptation, instead they just collected random nobodies and threw the adaptation into one of their weakest outsourcing studios, and Voila!’... Here comes a shit adaptation...

The anime industry is really in a pathetic place right now :/



i don't think DEEN was able to postpone the production since i bet they weren't in the committee of this season also the committee might wanted it in this year because if it was more than a year it'd be too late and people will lose interest by time..
 
Oct 15, 7:13 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 4
It took me a while to realize that A-1 Pictures isn't the studio that make this season. No wonder it is bad.
 
Oct 15, 11:48 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 1
Oh god they really butchered the series. The dialogue is ridicilous, the animation is bad as fuck, the fighting seems to be done by 5 year olds, the general feeling is happy go lucky considering the world has just been conquered by the demons and basically humans should be living in fear. It sucks seeing another good series going down because of greed and bad bussiness decisions. I really enjoyed the first season and second was also okay to watch. If the series is going to stay with this quality there's no way I'll bother myself with it again.
 
Oct 15, 12:45 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 4114
Red is censored af
the narrator lacks the old voice he had in previous seasons
Op sounds pretty good I think I'm gonna listen to it every episode.

Escanor is as op as ever, those flash backs took most of the time.
also those emotional moments were still hitting me hard.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Oct 15, 1:50 PM
Forum Moderator
Endless Dreams

Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 635
Thread Cleaned of trolling and abuse
This is your story now.
This might be the last chance,
for all is fleeting;
'tis naught but a dream.
An unending one.
 
Oct 15, 2:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 551
What the actual fuck? what is that gay ass Censorship? holy shit.
 
Oct 15, 8:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 225
Oh fuck, scratch that. I'm not picking this one up... Look at the poll results...
Stick to the manga people, nothing to see here!
 
Oct 16, 12:20 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 1
The TV ver is -___- Can I hope better animation in BD?
 
Oct 16, 8:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 161
I was really excited about watching the first episode of nanatsu no taizai: kamigami no gekirin.. but the animation was not good at all. I hope they can fix it.
 
Oct 16, 12:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 67
todd2580 said:
OsamaKIN-TMZ said:


Aniplex is always known to only care about the money and milking the fuck-out of a popular series like Sword Art Online and ditching less popular ones...

But the big problem is, almost all studios right now are set, Aniplex randomly gave up the copyright, so the copyright holders aka the producers had to give it to a studio and collect staff for an anime adaptation under a 1 year deadline... The problem is like I said, almost all studios especially in 2019 are completely booked-up, some even for 2020 and 2021 too, but as a last resort they just wanted to give the right to who ever want it, then here comes Studio Deen like "Gimme that shit boi!!"... But opssieeee, Studio Deen realized that they really are completely busy and can't deal with another adaptation... But instead of doing the logical solution and postponing the adaptation, instead they just collected random nobodies and threw the adaptation into one of their weakest outsourcing studios, and Voila!’... Here comes a shit adaptation...

The anime industry is really in a pathetic place right now :/



i don't think DEEN was able to postpone the production since i bet they weren't in the committee of this season also the committee might wanted it in this year because if it was more than a year it'd be too late and people will lose interest by time..



Even so, they should of just gone for it, the manga is still doing so well in sales, people won't lose interest in it any time soon... The committee should of waited more instead of giving up the rights to Deen... Honestly, there was a lot of ways for this to be avoided.
 
Oct 16, 3:30 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 5323
Bird_of_Hermes_ said:
Fakegoose said:


The TV version of season 2 wasn't censored though.

2nd season aired during the night, this is airing during the day

No, season 1 aired at same time as this one 5:30PM, season 2 at 6:30AM. Previous season aired on MBS/TBS, but after movie flopping Aniplex (and owned by it A1) fucked off from production commitee. New commitee was formed with tv channel Tokyo TV which has different censorship rules for daytime kids shows.
 
Oct 16, 3:47 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 351
OsamaKIN-TMZ said:
todd2580 said:



i don't think DEEN was able to postpone the production since i bet they weren't in the committee of this season also the committee might wanted it in this year because if it was more than a year it'd be too late and people will lose interest by time..



Even so, they should of just gone for it, the manga is still doing so well in sales, people won't lose interest in it any time soon... The committee should of waited more instead of giving up the rights to Deen... Honestly, there was a lot of ways for this to be avoided.



yeah the committee should have waited but you know it's the business... it's what they think...
 
Oct 16, 7:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 690
woc1997 said:
Otaakuu said:


Yikes, did you have anything to do with the production of this season? Because if you did, I'd understand why you sound so upset. But other than that, if you can't take criticism, then maybe don't even try to work in the entertainment industry or anything that has consumers involved, because every product is going to get some sort of criticism.

Even if it is "just the first episode", it sets the tone for how the whole season will play out, and it gets people more excited for the upcoming episodes. If people disliked the first episode so much, how many do you think will want to keep watching?

And what kind of reactions did you expect? Blind appraisal? You're never gonna get that if you do a mediocre job. And that's what this first episode was; mediocre at best.


Please, if I had worked on this series, I wouldn't dignify myself to answer the people on this forum. I'm angry, because I'm capable of empathy: seeing how much work the staff put into this to be dismissed by nonsensical arguments.


One other thing: there's a difference between constructive criticism with content and fans babbling out nonsense because the work didn't turn out the way they wanted.


People aren't able to judge the entirety of one's work based on one episode. And I'm really mesmerized that you’re such a specialist to judge it mediocre. If you worked on the animation industry, that would've been one thing; a testimony of an angry fan, not so much…


Contrary to you, I'm in film college. If there was something mediocre as you said, I would've noticed. The plot was ok, character designs continued the same and the animation for the action scenes wasn't the best, but it was good enough for a first episode. The only thing people are getting so upset about that makes some actual sense (even though it’s stupid) is the white blood lol

And I'm sure everyone hating on the first episode will watch the entire series lol



Well, I'm going to respond to this paragraph by paragraph.

Please, if I had worked on this series, I wouldn't dignify myself to answer the people on this forum. I'm angry, because I'm capable of empathy: seeing how much work the staff put into this to be dismissed by nonsensical arguments.


Well, everything takes work. Nobody is saying they didn't work to make this anime, but a big amount of people are saying they didn't like the work they put out so far, and they're entitled to say that. Whether you like it or not, this thread is for people to express their opinions of the show (or in this case, the first episode).

One other thing: there's a difference between constructive criticism with content and fans babbling out nonsense because the work didn't turn out the way they wanted.


Well sure there is constructive criticism, but there's also just plain criticism, and like I said, this thread is for people's opinion. If the producers want constructive criticism, then they're gonna have to pay for it (although maybe you are gonna have to pay for it since you're so hell-bent on defending their work and it is unlikely the animators search for English forums to get opinions on a show that has a primarily Japanese demographic, who aren't so opinionated about animation) and if you want criticism, google news site that write reviews and columns about anime shows.
(Side note: you're still gonna find mixed reviews whether they are reviews for the whole episode or the entire show because different people have different tastes)

People aren't able to judge the entirety of one's work based on one episode. And I'm really mesmerized that you’re such a specialist to judge it mediocre. If you worked on the animation industry, that would've been one thing; a testimony of an angry fan, not so much…


Well, that's correct, nobody is able to judge "the entirety of one's work based on one episode", but people can speculate how something is going to play out through a first impression, and it's none of your business if people want to do that. And why does it matter if I work in the animation industry or not? Do you? Does every person that watches anime work in the animation industry? Not possible, and not true. You don't have to work in a specific industry to be upset or disappointed as a consumer of said industry. I and many others were disappointed with the episode that was broadcast and this is the place for people to voice those concerns, and you too can voice your opinions about how the episode was indeed a good first episode, but it is not the place for you to say that everybody's opinions are invalid or annoying, I suggest you create another thread to prove that or just point it out, just like somebody else has.


Contrary to you, I'm in film college. If there was something mediocre as you said, I would've noticed. The plot was ok, character designs continued the same and the animation for the action scenes wasn't the best, but it was good enough for a first episode. The only thing people are getting so upset about that makes some actual sense (even though it’s stupid) is the white blood lol


(Oh, as I thought, you don't work in the animation industry, so your opinion is invalid and incorrect just like everybody who disliked the first episode and posted on this thread if we use your logic, that is. Anyway.)
"Good enough" is not what anyone should think when they deliver a first impression, in this case, first episode. Sure, you can't spend the whole budget for the show on every fight, but the first episode is an important one. It gets people hyped up for the rest of the season. That's so simple why and I don't need to go to film college to know that, nor does anybody. The first episode was bad. Why? The fighting scenes were unnatural and mediocre and the blood-censorship was dreadful. Do I need to justify or elaborate on that any more? I don't. It is not my job to make anyone feel pleased with my opinion.
Also, as you said, you're in film college, so why should I care about the opinion of someone who's just a student? Many can get accepted into film college. But there are not that many who are geniuses at the craft, so stop thinking that by saying that you're a film student, your opinions are pristine and sacred and people can't go against them.


And I'm sure everyone hating on the first episode will watch the entire series lol

And it is still none of your business if people do so



Hope that helps with that attitude of yours and gets you off of that high horse lmao

 
Oct 16, 8:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 510
I don't get what these elites are trying to say. Imma go with 5/5 and ep 2 is 5/5 too.
I dont bother with animation. And I have enough patience too.

All the best people are crazy!
 
Oct 22, 7:44 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 32
I have 1 fucking thing to say "JUST GO READ THE FUCKING MANGA PLEASE?"
 
Top
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

Preview MangaManga Store