Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 1 Discussion

Oct 9, 2:19 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, we're back for this show and right off the bat, Meliodas and Ban are kicking some demonic ass this season. I already like this season's OP song compared to the previous season's.

Some pretty disgusting demons made their appearances this episode as well. The episode goes to show the vulnerability of humans including this kid that tried to fight back. I'd say this is a setup episode for rest of the season. We're going to get bigger battles against the Commandments and I'm hoping they put effort into exploring Meliodas' background character story. It's cool to see the seven deadly sins in action again though. Lol, the King and Diane bath scene.

Oct 9, 2:21 AM

so theyre starting with filler, the animation is meh overall. also did anyone else notice Escanor in night form during the day??

Oct 9, 2:41 AM

Sacrifices and the main group came to save them. Being set on the trap on a village?

That intro. has more info. because of what happens w. the enemy group.

OP has nice intro to the characters, too.

The castle is rebuilding.

There's a boy who calls himself Meliodas. He saw his father set the trap so that people can be the sacrifice to the enemy group.

Someone from the enemy group finally waking up, before waking up, he saw KajiKaji's character hugging an angel that looks like the princess.

The villagers who agreed to set the trap was to save themselves, but they were touched by that Meliodas-wannabe, who was weak but courageous and has justice to fight. Real Meliodas and the group (except two) appeared.

Because they saved them, the boy admires them even more.

New pub and castle. Kimura-san's character is the new captain.

About next omen...

lol @ the end.

There's also a little corner where Hawk explains things before announcing the title to the next ep.
Modified by tsubasalover, Yesterday, 12:44 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

Oct 9, 4:46 AM
Opening is absolute trash tbh

Oct 9, 5:57 AM

Ooooooof....

*facepalm* just go read the damn manga... This is the first episode and it is only gonna go down hill from here...

Oct 9, 6:08 AM
三葉

Look at the first ep! just look! look how they murdered this series! I gave Deen the benefit of the doubt but Jesus christ this was bad, not a single good animation in sight... sweet lord why!

Oct 9, 6:19 AM
First episode and Deens already fucked it up. Not suprising.

Oct 9, 6:36 AM

i'm a manga reader, spoilers, I'm*in hercules voice* " DISAPPOINTED! "

Oct 9, 6:37 AM
FYI: Yes, DEEN hold the rights to animate this season of Nanatsu. But they are not the one actually doing the job. DEEN outsourced the work for animating Nanatsu S3 to a small studio (which I forgot the name, sorry) and voila~ we got this poor quality. It's not DEEN's fault, really. It's Aniplex. Why? Aniplex decided to push off Nanatsu from the usual studio which is A-1 to DEEN, but iirc, DEEN is stuffed already, so there we go.

Oct 9, 6:38 AM
-Stray said:
Look at the first ep! just look! look how they murdered this series! I gave Deen the benefit of the doubt but Jesus christ this was bad, not a single good animation in sight... sweet lord why!
Because its Deen. They're the worst studio. Jesus even perriot would do a better Job

Oct 9, 6:56 AM
chrisbj said:
so theyre starting with filler, the animation is meh overall. also did anyone else notice Escanor in night form during the day??

That happens a couple of times even in the manga... just ignore it

Oct 9, 6:58 AM
-Stray said:
Are you talking about it being filler or what?

Oct 9, 6:58 AM
Is this a filler episode or what ?

Oct 9, 7:03 AM
Hashira_1996 said:
Is this a filler episode or what ?

About Half and Half. The fight's filler, but the rebuilding of Leones and the reveal of the new Boars Hat isn't

Oct 9, 7:22 AM
shane_nichols said:
-Stray said:
Because its Deen. They're the worst studio. Jesus even perriot would do a better Job

if it was pierrot it would have atleast 100 episodes and most of it filler. Aslo toei is also a shit choice since they are potatoes.

Oct 9, 8:24 AM
It's ok. Filler to reintroduce us and then near the end it gets back onto the story. Censoring makes everything look back though, stuff looks goofy with white blood.

Oct 9, 8:59 AM
RealHaloMC said:
It's ok. Filler to reintroduce us and then near the end it gets back onto the story. Censoring makes everything look back though, stuff looks goofy with white blood.

It's the TV version, an uncensored version should be available later afaik.

Oct 9, 9:18 AM
Actually good start. Animation was also OK...

Oct 9, 9:20 AM
yvanedisco said:
Just finished watching it on Animax Asia. I dunno what to say. It feels so weird.

Same here. But still a decent start..

Oct 9, 9:34 AM
First of all, congrats to Howzer! He's my favorite character because he's a virgin so he deserve a big position.
And about this episode, I think this is what I expect from Nanatsu no Taizai's formula. And those demons that is a boss in first season is now just a joke. The power scale grows exponentially.

Oct 9, 9:53 AM

zasshuu said:
FYI: Yes, DEEN hold the rights to animate this season of Nanatsu. But they are not the one actually doing the job. DEEN outsourced the work for animating Nanatsu S3 to a small studio (which I forgot the name, sorry) and voila~ we got this poor quality. It's not DEEN's fault, really. It's Aniplex. Why? Aniplex decided to push off Nanatsu from the usual studio which is A-1 to DEEN, but iirc, DEEN is stuffed already, so there we go.

The name of the studio doing most of the episodes is ''March Jack'. The same who DEEN outsorce the production of Junji Ito Collection. So, yeah, the ones expecting a lot of sakuga from this season surely will be disappointed.
Modified by Ottes, Oct 11, 3:36 PM

Oct 9, 10:02 AM
They ruined Mama Hawk...
She's just bad CG now...
She was my favourite charachter...

And why is the blood white now, although it was red in the flashbacks of the last season?

Oct 9, 10:07 AM
vAlcatraz said:
RealHaloMC said:

It's the TV version, an uncensored version should be available later afaik.

Hopefully, I'm not used to censored versions of shows so it was kinda jarring to me lol

Oct 9, 10:38 AM
Really didn't like the op. You can tell the animation is different and its ok. This episode was basically filler. Next episode will be were it truly starts

Oct 9, 10:52 AM

Terrible first episode, jayyysus. At least I can be confident that it won't go lower than this.

The censoring does bother me quite a lot, not only is it ugly af but it's inconsistent. Will there be a uncensored broadcast or will we have to wait for the blu-ray for that? Ugh...

Oct 9, 11:09 AM
OK I must say, this first episode was terrible. It is one thing to re-use previously animated scenes. But.. They legitimately had COLORED MANGA PANELS in the episode, like, several of them, and they weren't even of the insanely detailed kind!
The white blood is beyond difficult to look at, a lot of things just looked off...
And to top it all off, it was both filler and inconsistent with the ending of the last season...

Oct 9, 11:22 AM
The pacing was off. On the top of that, they sensored the blood's color to 'WHITE'. The animation seemed a bit off too. Overall it was 2/5 experience for me. Hope this changes as the series progresses.

Oct 9, 11:47 AM
Haruna Sairenji

Nice OP and great ED. Not much else to say about this episode, except that it was pure disappointment. Everything looked off and the censorship was absurd. Wish A-1 kept this series and I hope the next episode will be better overal otherwise this will be a drop for me.

Oct 9, 11:48 AM
The animation is literally the definition of average. The censoring is kind of off putting but not too bad. Half of the episode was filler so I won't make assumptions about the season yet. Even if the animation is average, the hype of the fights and the characters should carry it to end up a solid season.

Oct 9, 11:53 AM
That was an abysmal premiere episode for this season.

Animation took a massive nose dive as the designs are more sloppy, and it feels more like a presentation now with the action.

Plus, that UVERworld song is just not it. Very boring and one dimensional.

Oct 9, 12:30 PM
Forum Moderator
got any shinies?

Thread Cleaned

Please do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use websites (streaming websites, torrents, youtube videos with fulls episodes, etc.).

Anime Series Discussion Rule 4: Single phrase responses (e.g., "Good episode") do not contribute nor promote discussion and will be removed without notice.

challenges

forum sets
listen
source
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Oct 9, 12:34 PM

Used to be a fan of the manga. Not a fan of the outsourcing and production did not help this anime. I'll keep watching, but I can already tell this will be the worst season of Nanatsu yet. Opening also visually sucked too with retarded TC's T-posing. 4/10

Oct 9, 1:02 PM

This looks like a disaster, but I already expected it since I heard that Deen was outsourcing the project to some small studio. And with 24 episodes to adapt the whole manga, this won't end well at all.

OP and ED were good, I think this must be the new song of UVERworld that I liked the most in a while, but the opening part with the Commandments T-posing was hella weird, not gonna lie.

Oct 9, 1:08 PM

Aside from the downgrade in animationstyle; im hyped
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 9, 1:36 PM

Super disappointing. Uncensored red blood wouldn’t have saved this, even animating the mainly still frames probably wouldn’t.

It’s about Cop Craft final episode quality and it’s only the first episode FFS.

Haven’t been this disappointed since OPM Season 2.

Oct 9, 1:47 PM
Minus the animation the censorship is probably due to the broadcasting time in Japan and the channel

Oct 9, 2:01 PM
三葉

Ottes said:
zasshuu said:

The name of the studio doing most of the episodes is ''Marvy Jack'. The same who DEEN outsorce the production of Junji Ito Collection. So, yeah, the ones expecting a lot of sakuga from this season surely will be disappointed.

MOTHERFUCASDSAFBHDSBFDSBFDSFASJKDNSJBF!
This is worst than what OPM S2 got, sure NNT isn't really in a good place right now in the manga but why would they even do this to the anime..
I'd say its probably safe for me to drop the anime now when a better version is available which is the manga.
Well thats that, bye ya'll.
-Dropped.

Oct 9, 2:28 PM
shane_nichols said:
-Stray said:
lmao calm down & be real, perriot would’ve butchered this harder lmfao

Oct 9, 2:55 PM

Hmmm, that was kind of enjoyable, but I have some worries.

1 - Why does Elisabeth is not a main anymore ? She was one of the reasons that make me enjoy Nanatsu no Taizai
2 - The animation looks really poor compared to the previous ones
3 - I hope the story will develop, because this episode felt like a filler to me.

Anyway, it was still cool to watch.

Oct 9, 3:04 PM
Ashhk said:

1 - Why does Elisabeth is not a main anymore ? She was one of the reasons that make me enjoy Nanatsu no Taizai
3 - I hope the story will develop, because this episode felt like a filler to me.

People who read the manga told me this episode was a filler so this is provably the reason it felt like a filler to you.

Oct 9, 3:06 PM

Rider9530 said:
Ashhk said:

People who read the manga told me this episode was a filler so this is provably the reason it felt like a filler to you.

Oh okay, so I hope next ep will be canon.

Oct 9, 3:16 PM
Well at least it's not as bad as One Punch Man season 2

Oct 9, 3:18 PM
Illyricus said:
This looks like a disaster, but I already expected it since I heard that Deen was outsourcing the project to some small studio. And with 24 episodes to adapt the whole manga, this won't end well at all.

OP and ED were good, I think this must be the new song of UVERworld that I liked the most in a while, but the opening part with the Commandments T-posing was hella weird, not gonna lie.

Where did you hear that this is the last season?

Oct 9, 5:14 PM
I am very sad. Really disappointed...
This change of studio ruined everything. Garbage animation, fights without movement... Censorship! Urgh! Disappointment is too little to define how I feel...
What he loved most about NNT's anime was the fights, along with the background music. Super exciting!
This weak OP is ED too.
I will continue, but with no hope of improvement. Sad!

Oct 9, 5:17 PM

this was incredibly disappointing on so many levels
and i didn't even expect much out of it
there was so much shit in this but many people have already voiced my opinion
nonethless..

just why
come on..
it was so bad my dead rabbit is having seizures in his grave
You son of a .. turtle

Oct 9, 6:37 PM
I was waiting for the second season to start but this chapter has left me quite cold and one of the main reasons you can guess is white blood, and not only that too Ban with a black heart in his hand or the memory of death of meliodas with a black cloud on the swords they quickly took me out of the atmosphere that the chapter wanted to create

Oct 9, 6:47 PM
chrisbj said:

Its because in the manga Merlin gave esconor glasses that suppress his day form but once he takes them off he becomes his day form

Oct 9, 7:09 PM
Did anyone else think the yellow demon sounds pretty familiar? I swear I’ve heard the VA in Herobank or dome thing

Oct 9, 7:39 PM

Today is my birthday well I am happy I got to see the first episode but man it wasn't a great experience coz of 2 damn reasons first & foremost is censoring & 2nd is animation quality. This anime deserves great animation.

I Hate the new studio.

Oct 9, 7:41 PM

Glad I did not pick this season up.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

Preview MangaManga Store