Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Oct 8, 9:46 AM

So yeah the usual question to the manga readers, if it's worth watching or not. I'm a fan of sports anime, but this one doesn't look very appealing to me for some reason. Is it any good?

Most of the airing anime have high score at first but this one is already down to 7.60

Oct 8, 12:23 PM
l_viha said:
Most of the airing anime have high score at first but this one is already down to 7.60

ok I have to wonder if most people on anime forums know what they are talking about
because if you go to the seasonal page and sort by score
https://myanimelist.net/anime/season you will see that Ahiru no Sora currently at the time i'm writing this is ranked 8th highest with 5 of the shows being direct sequels

there are 22 anime that have a lower score than this

Oct 8, 12:27 PM

Only the first episode has come out so far so it's kind of hard to tell at this point, but based on the first episode the anime seems fine so far.

Oct 8, 12:27 PM

ahneeme said:
l_viha said:

ok I have to wonder if most people on anime forums know what they are talking about
https://myanimelist.net/anime/season you will see that Ahiru no Sora currently at the time i'm writing this is ranked 8th highest with 5 of the shows being direct sequels

I'm not talking about the ranking of seasonal animes but just the SCORE in general as it is ranked #1410 currently. If you can't answer the actual question that's being asked, don't bother writing anything and say any nonsense without understanding what one actually means.

Oct 8, 12:31 PM

BTDee said:
Only the first episode has come out so far so it's kind of hard to tell at this point, but based on the first episode the anime seems fine so far.

Is the animation fine too?

Oct 8, 12:32 PM
that ranking of 1410 and that score aren't bad though
and yes the animation is fine and fluid

Oct 8, 12:36 PM

ahneeme said:

Idk mal's ranking is a mess, even bad shows are scored above 7 so I don't trust it. Anyway thanks for the information, I'm probably gonna watch it then.

Oct 8, 1:34 PM
Yes it worth your time. I have read the manga since 2014 and I have been asking for translating the manga but no one did. I believe that Ahiru no sora has so much potential and I hope you give it a chance.

Oct 8, 2:11 PM

I actually really enjoyed the first episode, can't wait until tomorrow for the next episode. Just give it like 3 episodes, if you don't like it - drop it. Keep in mind it's going to be a 4 course series so that'll be ~50 episodes.

Oct 8, 2:40 PM

l_viha said:
ahneeme said:

Idk mal's ranking is a mess, even bad shows are scored above 7 so I don't trust it. Anyway thanks for the information, I'm probably gonna watch it then.

Yeah never trust a score off of its first episode. Or rather, any show that is above a 7 during its first episode is fair game. Even for MAL’s standards, the show has to be pretty trash to score below a 7 on the first episode.

Oct 9, 9:06 AM

You'll probably like it if you enjoy shows that focus more on character development and psychological issues. The matches are used to supplement the main issue.

Oct 10, 1:10 AM
This triggered the feels

Oct 10, 12:39 PM
So far it is not good. Just average. I give it 6/10 max if not 5/10

I recommend Kuroko no Basket over this. Day and night better

Kuroko no Basket has way better looking and bassass characters, not retarded looking characters like this one. Also, the match in Kuroko no Basket is so intense and over the top, it way more enjoyable

Oct 10, 1:47 PM

thepath said:

Kuroko no Basket has way better looking and bassass characters, not retarded looking characters like this one. Also, the match in Kuroko no Basket is so intense and over the top, it way more enjoyable

I watched all three seasons of Kuroko no Basket. It's a super power anime not a sports anime. I'd prefer an average one over such an unrealistic one.

Oct 10, 2:22 PM

We've seen few things until now but it seems promising. The first two episodes were pretty good, so I want to give it a chance.

Oct 10, 2:31 PM

l_viha said:
thepath said:

I watched all three seasons of Kuroko no Basket. It's a super power anime not a sports anime. I'd prefer an average one over such an unrealistic one.

Slam Dunk?

i think Ahiru is gonna be decent
i just don't dig the typical gangster/yankee/delinquent characters, its a really boring archetype, but if you are into that thats a bonus

that said im liking yellow hair so far, the MC isn't too likeable to me either but he already is really good which has nice shock value towards the people viewing him

its gonna be a 4 cour apparently so it has a lot of room for development
im feeling the slow pace already which bugs me a bit

so i personally will just skip all the trash dialogue this anime has
you know the "what the hell do you think you are doing on our turf KORAA..", the yankee shit and all the "peeking at girls" shit

those things currently occupy around 50%(probably more, but im generous) of the anime so im hoping they tone it down, the more of that they manage to remove the better this show will get
Modified by Nim0174, Oct 10, 2:36 PM
You son of a .. turtle

Oct 10, 7:46 PM
ahneeme said:
l_viha said:

Cant really decide if anime is good based off a score it may help but most of the time, crappy cliche anime get a way higher score than they deserve and sometimes great anime get a bad score for no fair reason IMO

Oct 14, 2:56 PM
I just made an account to say that this anime looks very promising.

One of the better animes of this season I believe!

2 hours ago

If you enjoy a classic old-style sports anime, this will be good. If you want something more modern and flashy, no.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!