Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 7, 2019 11:14 AM
Feb 2019
This is just a little questions I asked myself, but I feel like the Overhaul arc is a bit too short for 2 cours, and they could possibly squeeze in another arc or 2, especially since the Remedial Cours Arc and the Cultural Festival Arc is rather short. Personally, I think they’ll add on the Remedial Course arc and a foreshadow for Gentle at the end of the season, but what do you guys think?
Oct 9, 2019 12:56 AM
Oct 2017
Overhaul + Remedial Course

Why?
There are 25 episodes in the new season, and 1 episode typically spans 2 manga chapters
The Overhaul arc is 42 chapters long, 4 of which have already been shown, meaning there are 38 chapters left, or 19 episodes
Remedial Course is 6 chapters long, which would be 3 episodes, bringing the total so far to 22 episodes
That would leave just 3 episodes *at most* (not taking into account a recap episode and possible filler) for the Cultural Festival, which is 15 chapters long

So yes, I agree with what you said. They will probably start the Cultural Festival arc, but I don't consider that covering it.
Oct 9, 2019 4:11 PM
Feb 2019
SpineWhack said:

Why?
There are 25 episodes in the new season, and 1 episode typically spans 2 manga chapters
The Overhaul arc is 42 chapters long, 4 of which have already been shown, meaning there are 38 chapters left, or 19 episodes
Remedial Course is 6 chapters long, which would be 3 episodes, bringing the total so far to 22 episodes
That would leave just 3 episodes *at most* (not taking into account a recap episode and possible filler) for the Cultural Festival, which is 15 chapters long

So yes, I agree with what you said. They will probably start the Cultural Festival arc, but I don't consider that covering it.

I just thought of something else they could do. it may be possible that they could do the cultural festival this season, if they try to squeeze it in there. the reason is that I feel like ending it off with the Remedial course arc is very anticlimactic especially since the Overhaul Arc is so action packed. I mean, it's not like the remedial course arc has any relevance in the cultural festival arc from what I remember except maybe a few dialogues. It's just another idea to throw out there, because ending it off with Gentle seems a lot better than ending with fighting against little kids.
Oct 11, 2019 8:48 AM
Jul 2014
SpineWhack said:

Why?

That's the general pacing for regular chapters, but the hideout raid arc is mostly fights. The 14 chapters of the rescue arc were handled in just 5 episodes because All Might vs. AfO took up a lot more space on paper than time in the anime. The hideout raid only lasts about an hour in canon, so even with the multiple teams & backstory scenes, I don't think it'll take more than one cour.
Oct 11, 2019 8:26 PM
Oct 2017
lunarpen said:

That's the general pacing for regular chapters, but the hideout raid arc is mostly fights. The 14 chapters of the rescue arc were handled in just 5 episodes because All Might vs. AfO took up a lot more space on paper than time in the anime. The hideout raid only lasts about an hour in canon, so even with the multiple teams & backstory scenes, I don't think it'll take more than one cour.

Yeah, you're right, I didn't take that into consideration.
Guess it's going to be Overhaul + Remedial Course + Cultural Festival after all
Oct 11, 2019 8:31 PM

Jan 2009
OverHaul Arc + Remedial Course Arc + Cultural Festival (your vote)

the overhaul arc is mostly action or battles anyway thats why it has a lot of manga chapters but i remember the Stain vs Deku/Todoroki/Iida has like 3-5 chapters in the manga and its mostly action/fights panels but in the anime it only taken like 1 episode to finish lol
Oct 11, 2019 8:59 PM
Apr 2016
Pretty sure that the last arc will be the UA festival
Oct 11, 2019 9:35 PM
Jan 2019
I would personally want the anime to end just like how chapter 184 of the manga ended, when endeavor officialy becomes the no. 1 hero
Oct 11, 2019 9:55 PM

Nov 2016
It will probably end with the Gentle Criminal/School Festival Arc
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2019 5:03 AM

Sep 2009
It one of the new character being an important part of this series and her importance "ending" being in the cultural festival, I'm going to say it ends there.

That give next season being the VS Class B and Liberation Army.
Oct 12, 2019 7:45 AM
May 2019
I really hope it goes until cultural festival arc. If they ended on remedial course I'd ultra pissed off.
Oct 12, 2019 8:43 AM
Dec 2018
I personally wish for this season to end with the hero billboard chart (chp 188?) When best boi hawks is getting introduced
Oct 12, 2019 9:00 AM

May 2015
I hope it gets to the Cultural Festival so we get to see

Oct 12, 2019 9:48 AM

Dec 2017
Up to Culture festival arc hopefully, for a proper closure to Eri's arc. Anything beyond that might be a downer ending imo, better be reserved for 5th season
Oct 12, 2019 9:53 AM
Jul 2018
I hope it covers only the three arcs cause I haven't caught up with the fourth arc
Oct 12, 2019 11:11 AM
Jan 2017
OverHaul Arc + Remedial Course Arc + Cultural Festival

The Overhaul arc is kinda short, and knowing anime, they will probably give us few filler episodes about the upcoming movie and the remedial course arc. I'm not 100% sure they'll fit the entire Culture Festival in this season if they give us a lot of filler content (which I don't personally mind), though I feel like it's going to be so short (with the fight and the event, will probably last about two episodes) that it should fit at the end. Maybe they'll hint about the Endeavor vs. HighEnd fight at the end too.
Oct 12, 2019 11:32 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
It would be dope if it covered up to the Endeavor arc, and it's totally doable. But MHA is pretty slow paced and they really cover three chapters per episode, so it'll probably go up to the end of the School Festival arc. Though, if they add a lot of filler stuff, including tie-ins to the upcoming movie, for all we know, it might not even do the festival.
Oct 13, 2019 1:12 PM

Jan 2009
Okay, I’m pretty sure Season 4 is going to end with either a teaser of the Pro-Hero arc with Endeavor and Hawks or at least half of it.

Reason being is that the BluRay and DVD bundles from Toho Animation and Animega are selling the Vol. 6 DVD with Endeavor + Todoroki as bonuses!

source https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1183237984490901504
Oct 17, 2019 10:29 AM
Mar 2016
deg said:
Okay, I’m pretty sure Season 4 is going to end with either a teaser of the Pro-Hero arc with Endeavor and Hawks or at least half of it.

Reason being is that the BluRay and DVD bundles from Toho Animation and Animega are selling the Vol. 6 DVD with Endeavor + Todoroki as bonuses!

source https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1183237984490901504

I think this pretty much sets it in stone that it will be adapted. The PV already showed scenes from the end of the Overhaul Arc which basically means it will be completely adapted within the first cour. What you linked plus the Overhaul arc being adapted within the first cour basically sets it in stone for me. There's no reason why they would put Endeavour and Todoroki bonuses in the last dvd volume if they don't adapt the whole Pro Hero arc.
Oct 17, 2019 11:51 AM

May 2009
maggiic said:
The Overhaul arc is kinda short

What? It's the longest arc so far.
Oct 29, 2019 1:06 PM
Aug 2014
I would be very suprised if Endeavour & Hawks Vs High End gets covered in this season I strongly doubt it though plus it would be a great way to start season 5.

P.S It's Kirishima's time to shine Overhaul's Arc is going to be amazing in comparision to S3.
SyraneOct 29, 2019 1:13 PM
Oct 30, 2019 9:00 PM
Jul 2018
I hope they make it through the festival arc in this season. I think it would end the season on a fun note after how dark the Overhaul arc is. I'm wondering if they are going to run the remedial arc simultaneously with the Overhaul arc. Mainly because otherwise Bakugo and Todoroki won't have much screen time.
Oct 30, 2019 10:18 PM

Aug 2017
It's ironic, but I feel that the My Hero Academia anime has an unusual tendency of ending on a lower note than its mid-season finale. That said, I initially thought that lengthwise, ending on the Endeavor vs. High End arc was more realistic, but taking the trend into account and provided that fillers are always fair game, I've come to conclude that they will most likely finish this season with the Cultural Festival arc.

That said, season 5 is going to be off the charts, and you know what I mean...
Dec 21, 2019 2:23 PM
May 2019
Well, back to this topic. Considering the pacing, and that sometimes they're adapting 4 chapters per episode, I think we have a realistic chance of seeing Endeavor vs High End.
I made the calculations.
Our start point is episode 12. Episode 11 should adapt 4 chapters as well, as the name of the episode is Lemilion, I really believe they'll adapt until that chapter, thus the episode ending with Deku breaking out. Maybe they'll end a little early when Mirio gets shot, but it's unlikely IMO.
So, episode 12 would start with chapter 153.
Shie Hassakai arc ends in chapter 162. (10 chapters left, counting with episode 12)
Remedial Course starts in chapter 163 and ends in chapter 168. (6 chapters)
School Festival starts in chapter 169 and ends in chapter 183. (15 chapters)
Endeavor vs High End starts in chapter 184 and ends in chapter 193. (10 chapters)
If we consider each episode would adapt 3 chapters until the end of the season, we would have:
Ep 12 - Chapters 153-155
Ep 13 - Chapters 156-158
Ep 14 - Chapters 159-161
Ep 15 - Chapters 162-164 (Shie Hassakai arc ends, Remedial Course starts)
Ep 16 - Chapters 165-167
Ep 17 - Chapters 168-170 (Remedial Course ends, School Festival starts)
Ep 18 - Chapters 171-173
Ep 19 - Chapters 174-176
Ep 20 - Chapters 177-179
Ep 21 - Chapters 180-182
Ep 22 - Chapters 183-185 (School Festival ends, Endeavor vs High End starts)
Ep 23 - Chapters 186-188
Ep 24 - Chapters 189-191
Ep 25 - Chapters 192-193 (Endeavor vs High End ends)
Should they did that, the season would end with Deku dreaming with All for One's brother, the first One for All user, bringing up the hype for the next season, just before the interclass training, where we will see Deku using Blackwhip (sort of). They could even extend it to when they announce Shinso will be joining them in training and Izuku reminding of when he saw all One for All's users.
Should they adapt until Endeavor vs High End, that would make 73 chapters, adapted, 20 more than season 3.
However, we should take in consideration that battle chapters take much less time than the normal adaptation, so I'd guess in this arc, we'll still see like 2 episodes that adapted 4 chapters. 2 episodes and a half would be more than enough to Remedial Course.
Then, comes the School Festival. Do you think it could be adapted in 4 episodes and 2 halfs?
I think they should be fine even taking a episode more, but what would they do in the 3 episodes left. I don't think they would put 3 fillers in one season.
I really think 3 chapters per episode is a nice rate, and considering battle episodes adapt even more chapters, maybe there's even room for the filler they probably do to announce the movie.
Dec 22, 2019 6:29 AM
Jul 2018
CaioOlive said:

Ep 12 - Chapters 153-155
Ep 13 - Chapters 156-158
Ep 14 - Chapters 159-161
Ep 15 - Chapters 162-164 (Shie Hassakai arc ends, Remedial Course starts)
Ep 16 - Chapters 165-167
Ep 17 - Chapters 168-170 (Remedial Course ends, School Festival starts)
Ep 18 - Chapters 171-173
Ep 19 - Chapters 174-176
Ep 20 - Chapters 177-179
Ep 21 - Chapters 180-182
Ep 22 - Chapters 183-185 (School Festival ends, Endeavor vs High End starts)
Ep 23 - Chapters 186-188
Ep 24 - Chapters 189-191
Ep 25 - Chapters 192-193 (Endeavor vs High End ends)

I am really hoping that this is the case, since we will get both endeavor vs high end and gentle vs midoriya fights in this season. It would also make up for the slowish pacing of the arc itself which will overall be complemented by some 4-ish chapter episodes in some of the upcoming fights.
Dec 22, 2019 4:52 PM
Nov 2017
Season will most likely end on the hero rankings being shown . The pro hero arc works best in S5 with the MVA arc . It also wouldn’t make sense to leave on the cliffhanger with deku’s dream because that’s not season finale worthy imo . Adapting all the way up to Endeavor vs high end is basically adapting 73 chapters in 24 episodes .
Jan 4, 2020 7:53 AM
May 2019
MonkeyDJasper said:
Season will most likely end on the hero rankings being shown . The pro hero arc works best in S5 with the MVA arc . It also wouldn’t make sense to leave on the cliffhanger with deku’s dream because that’s not season finale worthy imo . Adapting all the way up to Endeavor vs high end is basically adapting 73 chapters in 24 episodes .

Don't know. The cliffhanger of season 2 to season 3 was a training camp. Deku’s dream and his talk with all for one's brother sounds much more nice.
And the 73 chapters in 24 episodes I think could happen since the staff isn't giving a shit about animating fights, they're straight up following the Manga, they even put a slideshow on Mirio vs Overhaul. They are going by the rhythm of 4 chapters per episode on THE Shie Hassakai arc. I would be super pissed if they increased quality on the school festival. Also, the new opening is coming on January 25th, in the 15th episode, with the school festival arc (https://twitter.com/heroaca_anime/status/1213294460521463809), which surprised me, since the conversation between all might and endeavor is important to the pro hero arc, and by the count it should be the Remedial course arc on the 15th.
I think what could happen is that they put remedial course after school festival or the Remedial course will be done in flashbacks, since I don't think you can finish shie hassaikai arc and adapt the Remedial course in just 3 episodes.
Anyways, just counting out remedial course arc, if we consider 10 episodes for school festival and endeavor VS high end, should be more than enough.
Jan 4, 2020 9:29 AM
Mar 2016
CaioOlive said:
And the 73 chapters in 24 episodes I think could happen since the staff isn't giving a shit about animating fights, they're straight up following the Manga, they even put a slideshow on Mirio vs Overhaul.

I mean this was the only episode this season that had bad animation.
Also, it would be 69 chapters and not 73 chapters. The season started with chapter 125 and will most likely end on chapter 193. So I agree that it will adapt the Pro Hero Arc btw. Also the average chapter count of the chapters that will get adapted this season is significantly shorter than it was during past seasons.

CaioOlive said:
They are going by the rhythm of 4 chapters per episode on THE Shie Hassakai arc.

The only episode that adapted 4 chapters were episode 9 and episode 11. Episode 9 included two chapters that were just 12 and 13 pages long (the normal length before that was 19 pages). Episode 11 also included one chapter that was 14 pages long and another that was 16 pages long. Basically it was the same as 3.5 chapters for normal length chapters. It actually adapted two pages less than Deku vs Bakugou part 2 did last season.

CaioOlive said:
Also, the new opening is coming on January 25th, in the 15th episode, with the school festival arc (https://twitter.com/heroaca_anime/status/1213294460521463809), which surprised me, since the conversation between all might and endeavor is important to the pro hero arc, and by the count it should be the Remedial course arc on the 15th.

The arcs in the wiki aren't official. Fans decided which chapter belongs to what arc and what each arc is called. Most likely the remedial course arc wasn't intended to be its own arc and is officially seen as part of the school festival arc. It makes a lot of sense because there are no clear boundaries between both arcs. It literally goes from the end of the remedial course to the stuff with Aoyama in the middle of the chapter.

CaioOlive said:
Anyways, just counting out remedial course arc, if we consider 10 episodes for school festival and endeavor VS high end, should be more than enough.

10-11 episodes should be enough for all three of them given the shorter page count for the vast majority of the chapters. 2 episodes for the remedial course, 5-6 episodes for the school festival and 3 episodes for the Pro Hero Arc should easily be enough.
Jan 4, 2020 9:41 AM
May 2019
TheEnhancedExe said:
Also the average chapter count of the chapters that will get adapted this season is significantly shorter than it was during past seasons.

I agree with everything you pointed, you corrected me or said what I wanted.
Bur just this one I disagree on.
It is actually way more than previous seasons. I think the max chapters we got adapted in a season was 58, 11 less than those 69 you mentioned. And, on previous seasons, we got some episodes that adapted only 2 chapters. In this one, is predominantly 3 episodes, and 4 episodes happened twice, so the average chapter count is actually higher, isn't it?

Edit: I actually disagree that this was the only one that had bad animation. I don't think any episode had bad animation, but it's just standard animation, which is not what you'd expected from a hit anime adaptation of a Shonen jump success made by bones. And, compared to how was Deku vs Todoroki and Deku vs Bakugo, those 2 were way more nicely animated, the scenes and transitions were way more fluid. None of the 3 big fights (Suneater, Red Riot + Fat Gum and Lemillion ones) so far brought that quality on the animation. Even the Overhaul scene at the beginning was meh. Today's episode was ver average as well. Way bellow of what already happened on previous seasons.
I guess it's because the main animators and the main director were focused on the movie, but still, disappointing.
CaioOliveJan 4, 2020 9:51 AM
Jan 9, 2020 7:10 PM
Dec 2018
CaioOlive said:
TheEnhancedExe said:
Also the average chapter count of the chapters that will get adapted this season is significantly shorter than it was during past seasons.

I agree with everything you pointed, you corrected me or said what I wanted.
Bur just this one I disagree on.
It is actually way more than previous seasons. I think the max chapters we got adapted in a season was 58, 11 less than those 69 you mentioned. And, on previous seasons, we got some episodes that adapted only 2 chapters. In this one, is predominantly 3 episodes, and 4 episodes happened twice, so the average chapter count is actually higher, isn't it?

Edit: I actually disagree that this was the only one that had bad animation. I don't think any episode had bad animation, but it's just standard animation, which is not what you'd expected from a hit anime adaptation of a Shonen jump success made by bones. And, compared to how was Deku vs Todoroki and Deku vs Bakugo, those 2 were way more nicely animated, the scenes and transitions were way more fluid. None of the 3 big fights (Suneater, Red Riot + Fat Gum and Lemillion ones) so far brought that quality on the animation. Even the Overhaul scene at the beginning was meh. Today's episode was ver average as well. Way bellow of what already happened on previous seasons.
I guess it's because the main animators and the main director were focused on the movie, but still, disappointing.

Just wanted to tell you that the first 7ish episodes of Season 4 adapted only 2 chapters an episode.

About this thread in total. I really DREAM of this season to end at Chapter 190/193 either with the Cliffhanger of Endeavor vs Dabi or in General with the End of the Pro Hero Arc

But from my quick reread (only skimmed through the chapters 160-190 now) we will most certainly end on chapter 185 with Hawks speech. (At least the LEGENDDDDD will be introduced). Reason? Bones only adapts more than 2 chapters, if the chapters are either short, or contain more fight scenes than dialogue. (Which is why the arc we are currently in feels fast paced) They will adapt 4 chapters for episode 13 and 3 chapters for episode 14. From episode 15 onwards we will most likely go back to 2 chapters an episode until the Deku vs Gentle fight happens. That fight will probably stretch over 2 episodes and adapt 6 chapters in total.

I already counted that stretch in, and my calculation is very accurate in that regard. We will most likely end Season 4 on Chapter 185.

But again, like I mentioned, I absolutely 100% wish, that they somehow adapt 3 chapters an episode by cutting some insignificant details or other manners to squeeze in 3 chapters an episode on average. Just so that we can end the Season with the stunning Endi vs High End Nomu Fight. That would be an amazing finish

Btw it would also be kind of dumb and inappropriate to start season 5 with 2-3 Episodes of Crazy Motherflipping fights, only to continue with the Training Joint Arc lol.
I personally think and wish Season 5 starts slowly with the training arc and later on shifts to my villain academia. (Hence why i still believe deep down in my heart, besides my calculations, that we will get the Fight at the end of Season 4)

DruMzTVJan 9, 2020 7:18 PM
Jan 11, 2020 3:20 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
At this rate, the Endeavor arc's happening. Shie Hassaikai will end next episode and the Remedial Course should only be two episodes. The School Festival arc should only be 5-6 episodes, leaving 3-4 episodes for the Endeavor arc... assuming there's no fillers.

It better end with the Endeavor arc or else the second half of this season will be more lacking than the second half of the third season. The Endeavor fight's near peak MHA material.
Jan 11, 2020 3:42 PM
Mar 2019
I feel like it would end in Billboard Hero Chart at Endeavour's No. 01 Introduction, then the Endeavour Arc and Class 1-A vs. 1-B Arc would be on 1st cour of Season 5, My Villain Academia would be on 2nd cour of Season 5, i also expected that the next season would be split cour
Jan 12, 2020 4:22 AM

Jun 2009
Pro Hero Arc will most likely be adopted in season 4 for one simple reason.

The new BNHA movie that is coming out takes place AFTER Pro Hero Arc (we see Endevour with new suit and a scar on his face). It doesn't make sense to release a movie that contains spoilers for stuff that is still to come in the anime.
Jan 15, 2020 3:27 AM
Jul 2017
kronos7 said:

The new BNHA movie that is coming out takes place AFTER Pro Hero Arc (we see Endevour with new suit and a scar on his face). It doesn't make sense to release a movie that contains spoilers for stuff that is still to come in the anime.

Thats true i hadnt thought of that…. My main concern is having Endeavor v High End with mediocre animation. If thats the case i prefer that Bones ends this season with the hero rankings.
Jan 15, 2020 4:17 AM
Jan 2017
Modnokuma said:
kronos7 said:

Thats true i hadnt thought of that…. My main concern is having Endeavor v High End with mediocre animation. If thats the case i prefer that Bones ends this season with the hero rankings.

I would hate to see the Endeavor fight mishandled, maybe having it open season 5 would improve the chances of it looking better if that’s the case I can wait honestly I don’t want to favourite arc to be a mediocre anime arc

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

465 by YeaGERIST01 »»
Apr 23, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

158 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

233 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

225 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

128 by WolfWood37 »»
Mar 31, 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.