Forum Settings
Forums

Second Season of 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Announced

New
Oct 7, 2019 9:35 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013

The 13th and final episode of Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou (Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest) ended with an announced on Monday that a second season of the anime series is in production.

Synopsis
The ordinary life of 17-year-old otaku Hajime Nagumo is disrupted when he and his classmates are summoned to a fantasy world and tasked with saving mankind. While his classmates are gifted with impressive abilities useful in combat, Hajime is belittled for only gaining an inferior transmutation skill that lacks any real offensive power.

During an expedition in the Great Orcus Labyrinth, Hajime is betrayed by one of his classmates, plummeting him to the bottom of an abyss. Though he survives the fall, Hajime is faced with menacing monsters and misfortunes that send him spiraling into a grim nightmare. Desperate to live and return home one day, he resolves to fight for his survival—only to meet an imprisoned vampire he names Yue, who is also seeking to escape the labyrinth. Taking an interest in him, Yue and a few others along the way accompany Hajime on his journey to find a way back home, while steadily transforming from commonplace to the world's strongest. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou adapts Ryou Shirakome's adventure fantasy novel of the same title, which he originally launched on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in November 2013. Overlap began publishing the series with illustrations by TakayaKi in June 2015 and shipped the tenth volume on June 22. The novel series has a cumulative 2.5 million copies of its volumes in print.

A manga adaptation by RoGa began its serialization on Overlap's Comic Gardo web manga portal in February 2016. The fifth compiled volume went on sale on June 22.

The television anime, co-produced by Asread and White Fox, premiered on July 8. Funimation simulcast the anime with subtitles and will stream an English dub beginning on July 22. The second and third Blu-ray volumes will each include an unaired episode on December 25 and February 26, 2020, respectively.

J-Novel Club licensed the light novel for digital publication in February 2017 and released the ninth e-book volume on June 8. Seven Seas Entertainment licensed both the light novel and its manga adaptation for physical release in July and September 2017, respectively. The publisher shipped the sixth light novel volume on July 9 and the fourth manga volume on June 25.

Source: animate Times

Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season on MAL
SnowOct 8, 2019 1:02 AM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 7, 2019 9:37 AM

Oct 2018
Arifureta, literally one of the worst isekai adaptation: *season 2 confirmed right after the last episode*

No Game No Life, literally one of the best isekai adaptation: *no news about season 2 for 5 years now*

Well, I guess it was popular in Japan.l, and that's all that matters to the studios
Oct 7, 2019 9:43 AM

Feb 2015
*sigh*

what I did not ask for was for some reason granted. Ok anime industry... Thank you I guess but no thanks?
Oct 7, 2019 9:43 AM
Aug 2018
I love the novel, but WHY? That anime adaptation was horrible. I'd rather have another season of Death March than see Arifueta get defiled any more.
Oct 7, 2019 9:45 AM

Jul 2019
It must be popular in Japan. I'm still surprised that there's already a sequel announced. Season 1 was kind of fun to watch even with the weird pacing and all. I probably will watch the second season out of morbid curiosity.
Life is a despicable endurance race
Oct 7, 2019 9:51 AM

Jun 2014
This was certainly unexpected news........this was probably the last show that I thought would ever get a sequel.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 7, 2019 9:57 AM

Mar 2009
I, uhh, don't think anyone expected this. Seriously. No sarcasm.
Oct 7, 2019 10:08 AM

Feb 2013
Arifureta was one of the top recorded shows in Japan, and was also one of the biggest streamed anime in international market (including the west) so you all that watched it to hate watch, good job, you all made it get a second season for a thing you hate XD So next time, don't do that.

-Aincrad- said:
Arifureta, literally one of the worst isekai adaptation: *season 2 confirmed right after the last episode*

No Game No Life, literally one of the best isekai adaptation: *no news about season 2 for 5 years now*

Well, I guess it was popular in Japan.l, and that's all that matters to the studios

They have completely different production committee. Stop making those comparisons when different companies are responsible for it.
Oct 7, 2019 10:08 AM
Apr 2019
Great I Waiting for the Second Season now is Confirmed i love you alifureta
Oct 7, 2019 10:12 AM
Jan 2015
And superior isekai's like Isekai Mahou and especially NGNL are still left in limbo, well shit.
My Queens

Oct 7, 2019 10:14 AM

May 2017
-Aincrad- said:

Worst isekai? No,it's average. Worst isekai should be Isekai Smartphone or Garzey's Wings.

I know,right? Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei is getting second season after 5 years,lol.

Arifureta have only butchered up plot and bad CGI animation,that's all. It's average or rather,good and bad at the same time.
There is no bad waifu,only bad anime.
Oct 7, 2019 10:16 AM

May 2012
Good news

2020 is going to have more sequels than any other year

WaifuMaster17 said:

Worst isekai? No,it's average. Worst isekai should be Isekai Smartphone or Garzey's Wings.

Bullshit. Isekai Smartphone was entertaining

WaifuMaster17 said:

I know,right? Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei is getting second season after 5 years,lol.

Small correction. 6 years

season 1 2014
season 2 2020

Oct 7, 2019 10:18 AM
Aug 2018
Why, the show was trash.. who would want another season of this...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

wow so rude, atleast sign your name when you yeet my signature

heres a big picture smh

Oct 7, 2019 10:21 AM

Feb 2013
Oh, it was also the top viewing at bilibili in China.
Oct 7, 2019 10:21 AM

May 2017
thepath said:

Bullshit. Isekai Smartphone was entertaining

It's indeed entertaining,as i said in my review,but it's suffers from one big fatal flaw: The Gary Stu of Gary Stu's,Touya Mochizuki,the worst OP character ever made.

RubyLovesThighs said:
Why, the show was trash.. who would want another season of this...

Yes,it's have bad CGI and completely butchered up plot,but still,it's have positive aspects that some isekai don't. Read my review for Arifureta if you wanna know.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenOct 7, 2019 4:03 PM
There is no bad waifu,only bad anime.
Oct 7, 2019 10:41 AM
Aug 2016
Hell yeah.. more Shea's ass is upon us, REJOICE FOLKS!!
It wasn't the best isekai out there but at least it's x1000 times better than Shit Magician.
Now if only they'd announce Isekai Mahou S2 and more importantly NGNL S2..
Oct 7, 2019 10:47 AM

Dec 2016
I'm surprised this got a season 2 so quick even though the anime quality was below standard.
Oct 7, 2019 11:03 AM

Oct 2018
damn, am I the only one who enjoys the first season? any comrade here...sigh

it's much better than isekai cheat magician too be honest...
Oct 7, 2019 11:27 AM

Oct 2018
WaifuMaster17 said:
-Aincrad- said:

Arifureta have only butchered up plot and bad CGI animation,that's all. It's average or rather,good and bad at the same time.

I said isekai adaptation
I didn't say it's the worst isekai, because it actually isn't, the story is interesting, and I know the source material is actually good, but the anime adaptation...

You know it really is one of the worst adaptions
Oct 7, 2019 11:35 AM
Aug 2015
Honestly it wasn’t all that bad. The option of dropping the anime was never there for me.
Oct 7, 2019 11:43 AM

Mar 2012
The problem is not that it got a second season, my problem is how the fuck did a s2 get approved when the production for it was so crap?.

im stumped. O;O
Oct 7, 2019 12:05 PM

Jun 2019
No, No, No, No, and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What's this shit? Why we should get more of this garbage when there are tons of good shows that can be animated or reanimated instead. Japan, fuck you, kay?

MadeByAsians said:
Honestly it wasn’t all that bad. The option of dropping the anime was never there for me.
I'm sorry what? You clearly watch everything without giving a shit of enjoyment or other thingies so what's the point of your biased post here?

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenOct 7, 2019 4:03 PM
Oct 7, 2019 12:11 PM
Sep 2016
Good story, crap animation!
Fingers crossed for better animation in 2 season (although that's practically impossible).
Oct 7, 2019 12:24 PM
Sep 2018
Tista said:

What's this shit? Why we should get more of this garbage when there are tons of good shows that can be animated or reanimated instead. Japan, fuck you, kay?

If this is how those good shows were gonna be animated, I think it's better off this way.
Oct 7, 2019 12:37 PM

Jan 2008
Actually surprised. Well at least that means the story will get to be more fleshed out, even if the overall results are still mediocre, it's at least a step forward as one of the biggest issues isekai have, that is that the beginning of all them are just the same rehashed ideas and that they always abruptly end without actually accomplishing anything, so at least giving us a second season will let us see how the series differs itself from every other. Hopefully anyways.

Also hoping they improve the CGI, probably some of the worst in anime ever.
Oct 7, 2019 12:40 PM
Aug 2015
Tista said:
MadeByAsians said:
I'm sorry what? You clearly watch everything without giving a shit of enjoyment or other thingies so what's the point of your biased post here?
Well............. I love you too
Oct 7, 2019 12:42 PM
Sep 2018
Wow, I'm really glad about this. I'm wathing right now the anime and I love it!
Oct 7, 2019 2:37 PM

Jul 2015
Mormegil said:

Maybe we can get a S2 of Isekai Cheat Magician to complete the lolwut moment.

Oct 7, 2019 2:43 PM

Jun 2008
Every day we stray further from Haruhi.
Oct 7, 2019 2:45 PM

Apr 2016
I wasn't expecting that, that’s surprising they've decided to make another season of Arifureta.
Oct 7, 2019 2:56 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Certainly wasn’t expecting this but it’s good to know that the anime is doing just about enough to warrant a sequel season.

As for me, I have yet to watch Season 1 though so it’s hard to say if I’ll stick around the second season even.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 7, 2019 3:30 PM

Apr 2007
I watched this show because I could tell it would be bad (and it truly is awful), but I don't think I'll be able to sit through a second season.
Oct 7, 2019 3:40 PM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Tista said:

Do not watch it lol

Oct 7, 2019 3:46 PM

Jun 2019
Pipe said:
Tista said:

Do not watch it lol
I ain't but i'm still mad that these random-garbage anime get more than one season.
Oct 7, 2019 4:14 PM
Oct 2019
WoW that shocked me...Lol..Adaptation is horrible but its not like anime is unwatachable or booring..I thought that BS CG was funny and I understood most of the story coz I have read the novel..This is not booring atleast unlike cheat magician BS....People are mocking this anime bigtime but its still getting more views than many other isekai animes....Guess LN was just that awesome..Well seeing Ufotable's KMY ,I think if this anime had those visuals,it could have been superb
Oct 7, 2019 4:17 PM

May 2011
Congrats haters you made this possible.
Oct 7, 2019 4:22 PM
May 2016
MadeByAsians said:

I didn't hate it either but I find myself saying this all the time. I mean it's totally a typical story but I don't think it was the worst. The CGI was def super terrible though lol.
Oct 7, 2019 4:32 PM
Dec 2017
I really enjoy watching this anime I have waited for the ep where he meets his friend and I am piss off because it’s the last ep. I have watched many anime and this was ok/good one. I am so happy for the 2nd season.
Oct 7, 2019 5:12 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Tbh I'd rather Maou-sama Retry to get a sequel than this crap...... Or maybe Mondai-tachi because why not?
Oct 7, 2019 5:24 PM

Dec 2014
If they fix the anime in the Blu-rays, okay. If they don't why even bother?
Oct 7, 2019 6:18 PM

May 2018
I drop this show halfway but remember folks, Myanimelist opinion are irrelevant. It doesn't matter what anime we shit on, Japan doesn't care. To the Japanese we are just insignificant ant.
Oct 7, 2019 6:35 PM

Feb 2019
Looking forward to it. other than the Awful CGI it was a pretty fun series.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Oct 7, 2019 6:58 PM

Apr 2011
Good news. I never expected that. I like this series despite the horrible CGI.
Oct 7, 2019 7:33 PM

Oct 2013
I didn't expect this to have a second season, I dropped this and I didn't like the way this adaptation went.
Oct 7, 2019 10:58 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Mormegil said:

True, but tbh, depending on the studios that adapts this, I may actually be excited, since late volumes of the LN have been really enjoyable with stuff I would like to see adapted, as long as doesnt end like S1.
Oct 8, 2019 1:47 AM

Feb 2019
Perfect example of what I’ve always tried to tell people. No one gives a fuck about MAL or Reddit’s opinion of a series. Anime isn’t made for westerners lol. It’s hugely popular in japan and that’s all that matters. That said, I’m happy to get more arifureta, but I really hope they can actually improve the direction and CG this time because this is ridiculous. I mean ffs that last shot of Hajime and co driving was God awful. The fight in the dungeon was God awful. Skipping most of the light novels and the first 5 episodes were God awful. This is one of my favourite light novel series of all time and I hate how it’s been butchered by shitty direction.
Oct 8, 2019 3:12 AM

Apr 2011
WaifuMaster17 said:
-Aincrad- said:

How dare you utter such blasphemy? Garzey's Wing is one of the greatest creations of man.
Oct 8, 2019 4:37 AM

Aug 2011
I'm actually very pleased about this news. The show was my guilty pleasure of the season and I'm surprised it did well enough for a 2nd season depite it being a pretty generic isekai.
Oct 8, 2019 5:01 AM

Sep 2016
Hell yeah !!!! HELL YEAH !!!!!

Do not take life too seriously.
You will never get out of it alive.

Oct 8, 2019 6:53 AM
Apr 2019
hope the animation gets better
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 7 hours ago

12 by Hoppy »»
54 minutes ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
9 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

11 by MantaRaydiated »»
Yesterday, 10:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.