Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 7, 2019 5:23 PM

May 2015
Wow that was surprisingly really good, definitely has that Endro! vibe to it.
Oct 7, 2019 5:49 PM

Mar 2014
Ah, so the twist here is that she wanted to be average but didn't specify average HUMAN so she's got half the strength of an Elder Dragon, lol

Lot of isekai this season that just jump headfirst knowing the tropes already and twisting it. I like that this one follows a cute girl that just wants some friends
Oct 7, 2019 6:15 PM

Dec 2016
Pretty lame first episode, I didn't find it to be funny at all.
Oct 7, 2019 6:46 PM

Oct 2012
Truck-kun made another great cameo
Oct 7, 2019 7:21 PM

Jan 2011
will say this was not the best way to start a show but a part of me wants to support this isekai
for being one of the few with a female lead ,granted shes still op and apparently all this loli trash wasn't even a part of the main series not to mention they just cut out a whole volume???.

will give it a try since sunday-monday seems super dry and the art is cute plus it seems to be more of a comedy above anything else.
Oct 7, 2019 7:22 PM

Mar 2019
The isekai genre seems exhausted.

Notice that there are six isekai animes this Season, and with the exception of Sword Art Online (which is a continuation of an already existing, very famous isekai), all others are paradies or deconstruction of the isekai genre.

At least that phase is better than those isekai who are simply weak and boring.
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
Oct 7, 2019 9:28 PM

Dec 2018
Those bland jokes about Adele's chest and rape innuendo were what angered ANN reviewers? They lost their way a long time ago. On the problems of" how they adapted the anime" this first episode is perfect to introduce the characters who are the soul of the show, knowing that these girls are the characters that Mile will interact with last longer because I it seems more important the stablish this characters ones that the nucleus of the show, the ED shows that we will see them and very surely in a flashblack when they meet again.

PS:
Oct 7, 2019 10:07 PM

Jun 2008
I'm not typically one to say "The book is better" but this...this episode isn't even an adaptation. It's the same characters and the same setting but a completely different scenario. Let's see here:
1. There's nothing resembling the kidnapping plotline or any characters resembling the villains of it in the novels.
2. Mile doesn't have A cup angst in the novels. Boob size is rarely ever brought up, and when it is it's mainly just talking about how busty Pauline is.
3. While I'm okay with visualizing the nanos the way they did, they're not supposed to have this much personality. They do have some personality, but they're not making banter and popping in to talk all the time. Their appearances in the novel are actually pretty rare, and only when Mile actually calls on them past their introduction. I don't recall any moments of her talking to them in public and getting embarrassed.
4. Mile meets Mavis, Reina, and Pauline when she enters the Hunter's Prep school in the novel. Here, she's already met them when she gets there.
5. Reina does have a bit of a tsundere nature, but not nearly as blatantly as made out here.
6. The entire first half of volume 1 was skipped, which has some of the funniest moments and explains a lot about the world, Mile's abilities, etc., and in better ways than the nanos just popping up to explain it to the audience. To be fair, while I don't like it, I can actually understand this decision, but won't go into why here because it would be a lot to explain.
7. The novels haven't had any rape jokes. Not in the 6 volumes I've read, anyway.

Thankfully they didn't make Pauline out to be some big-boobed ditz. It would have been easy but it's absolutely not her character.
Oct 7, 2019 10:29 PM

Mar 2018
Well.. It's kinda plain?
I feel like this show tries to satirize Isekais but does the exact same, causing it to be generic as well.

I like how it has a female mc but the story telling is just.. soo weird..?
She wanders around town, meets 3 people coincidentally. And obviously they meet again on this small adventure.

Obviously they are all kids but the only one regarded as one here seems to be the MC.
There are a lot of loli jokes too and I don't like that

I feel like this could be pretty promising by the basic setting
(female mc; actually royal but travels undercover? -> good plot potential; mc's mindset of wanting to lead a normal happy life)
but I also highly doubt it..

From what I've read the adaption doesn't seem to be great from novel readers' point of view. Not as bad as Arifureta but still a rather bad adaption
If so I wouldn't want to continue watching it and rather read the novel

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 7, 2019 10:48 PM
Mar 2017
Ok, i could say that the first episode was ok to just good, but it could be a better first ep.
After watching second time, this first ep did something interesting about to introducing characters and world as the concept. Like, the Adele meeting the other girls before entering the hunters school or she knowing the city, cool as the idea of the script. However, the problems comes when we see or saw it this in execution.
I expected some jokes and moments of the charactes act and being cute in this show, this thing is one of the element in the show is what differentiate to the other generic isekais, but the gags were not only too much, but really bad executed, some of then were unnecessary, like references of isekai troopes, bad Nano moments or the downgraded version of Wataten or Uzamaid jokes. These moments were some of the problems that bothers me.
Not only that, the exposition about Adele and her powers was the another things that bothers me the most. I'm not gonna talk about butchering the source to late, because obviosly they would put this as the flashback or something like that later on, but the thing is the past of her previos life should be something serious and dramatic, maybe little dark. She lived a lonely life because of her been good on anything that she puts efforts in, staying away to the socialization, the reason and conflict of her not liking and accepting about the top or op powers and skills, preffering the average. A little emotional and sad backstory to become a unnecessary joke, god damn it, i even won't ask about how she knew about these anime/manga/LN based on her being a girl focusing on studies. Also, the first ep could be better if the show the Adele background exposition normally or just no showing it until the second ep, could be much better than this.
I should say, the first ep was in the midle of ok to good, but unfortunatly there was some stuff that pull of the potential about being a better first ep.
Oct 8, 2019 12:05 AM
May 2012
Florete said:
I'm not typically one to say "The book is better" but this...this episode isn't even an adaptation. It's the same characters and the same setting but a completely different scenario.

I completely agree with you. I was really looking forward to this serie, but after seeing one episode, I'll drop this and just continue enjoying the novel. I really don't like what they did with this show, it's totally disrespecting the source material...
Oct 8, 2019 12:24 AM

May 2014
Is skipping most of the protagonist's backstory becoming an epidemic? First Arifureta and now this. (Though not quite as terrible as Arifureta.)

My take on the LN is a bit mixed to begin with, but yeah, this episode kind of butchered it.
Oct 8, 2019 2:56 AM

Jun 2016
About 3 minutes in I was ready to drop it, but I stayed for the rest of the episode and it wasn't worth it in the slightest. Changing the source material aside, I'm just really tired of all these shows that think they're smart or funny by pointing out the tropes they're using. It was also weirdly paced and the art is ugly.
I really hope the studio is gonna do a better job with Chouyou. That one's 1st ep was perfectly watchable.
Oct 8, 2019 5:14 AM

Jul 2017
Another change in the LN/manga, then Arifureta, now this. Fitting more loli-pedo jokes in here...

Regarding this change, I really don't know how to feel about this intro. Feels light-hearted that's for sure. Getting to know MC girl Mile and her knowledge of the isekai concept sure is valuable, plus her being a perfectionist and everything. AH TRUCK-kun getting the recognition it deserves!

Mostly being a self-aware isekai parody of sorts, it's easy to see how the MC fits herself in all these. And with it, some chuckles here and there. But it's just enough to just keep expectations low.

Guess I'll keep watching this for now, seems interesting though the source material is butchered.
Oct 8, 2019 5:26 AM

Nov 2013
lol at the end i was expecting 1 or 2 of them, wasn't actually expecting ALL of them to be on that room

anyway, funny episode, i think i'll finish this one without problems

geptor said:

i was actually going to say something like this but then deleted it because anime logic :v
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Oct 8, 2019 5:33 AM

Jan 2016
Overpowered MC... again…
The model of (nano) is just hilarious lol, it looks like they ran out of budget and let them draw a character by a first year intern or something. Totally rigged the idea of Re Zero's Puck. oh well easy drop
anvieOct 8, 2019 5:36 AM
Oct 8, 2019 6:43 AM

May 2018
Man I kept laughing at the entire thing. The MC pointing out all those tropes as it happens was just too funny.
Really enjoyed this and looking forward to the next episode!
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Oct 8, 2019 7:33 AM
Feb 2009
the inevitable truck kun hitting another cute girl into a fantasy world lol
Oct 8, 2019 7:59 AM
May 2012
geptor said:

You're forgetting God wanted to give her powers. So he cheated, while still keeping a part of her wish. He only took the average between the top and the worst (whether for her physical or magical abilities), that way God could still give her power, while keeping the appearance that he was only granting her wish.
Oct 8, 2019 8:09 AM

May 2015
I was prepared to drop it right away but it's surprisingly well done. Oh so typical but no one is pretending like it's not. Lighthearted and cute but not annoying like it usually gets with this type of character design. I particularly appreciated voice acting. As soon as mandatory companion appeared I was prepared to drop once again, but instead of annoying squealing my ears were greeted with such mature and gentle voice. Just for that, I can honestly say the show exceeded my expectations.

I'll keep watching for now, it can potentially become boring or still be just as enjoyable.

The concept of accidentally becoming overpowered is also fine, what else did she expect? lol

Oct 8, 2019 8:14 AM

Feb 2017
idk, i want to laugh but i just cant do it

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Oct 8, 2019 8:35 AM

Jun 2013
Apparently they butchered the adaptation so this is gonna be a fun watch
Oct 8, 2019 8:59 AM

Dec 2014
Finally an isekai with a female MC

I think she was cuter before she got reincarnated though
Oct 8, 2019 10:11 AM

Mar 2018
This is just a CGDCT pretending to be an isekai. How can I hate it now?

Oct 8, 2019 10:57 AM

Aug 2018
this was boring, but not terrible
Oct 8, 2019 11:41 AM

Jul 2013
Honestly, even though they skipped the first vol. I don't think it's that bad. Im mean I've seen Arifureta nothing can top butchery like that. For Average Abilities it's a adventure slice of life so I don't see as nothing too detrimental. Then I've only read the first vol of the LN.

Oct 8, 2019 1:38 PM

Dec 2009
Totally enjoying this. One of the more fun isekais of recent times :D
Mile is cute and the style of the show is amusing.

Yuri-Crusader said:
Lovely another anime with rape fantasies ,, Dropped 1/10
wat?? even though it has implied yuri? also what rape fantasies?
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 8, 2019 1:57 PM
Nov 2018
They really changed up the manga...
I actually liked the manga arc they skipped, but it's nice that they made the whole isekai thing even more like a parody with Mile using words like Tsundere or talking about Truck-kun.
Oct 8, 2019 2:06 PM
Apr 2019
I wanted an isekai and all I got was cute girls doing cute things bs
Oct 8, 2019 4:23 PM

Apr 2014
Generic Isekai is generic. But Mile is a cutie so all is forgiven
Oct 8, 2019 5:16 PM
Feb 2019
Tbh, it is pretty interesting for me because ...
Finally i got the real female isekai protagonist
Oct 8, 2019 8:11 PM

Jul 2014
Am I the only one who thinks the imaginary rape scene was a reference to the one in SAO Alicization? Something about the way the guy dives into the bed... lol
Oct 8, 2019 10:33 PM

Oct 2008
I really like this cute Isekai! it's quite pretty fun!
her powers is overwhelming and she doesn't even want it!
5/5.

Oct 8, 2019 10:57 PM

Aug 2012
Good start. That is why using the average is not really a good idea in large groups. Using the median is better. For instance the idea that medieval people lived until around 30 in general is based on the fact that a lot of children died thus messing the average. The median uses the sorted list of values and then selects the values at the middle and does an average of that. When the values are not uniformly distributed you get a bad average
winddevil1 said:
lol at the end i was expecting 1 or 2 of them, wasn't actually expecting ALL of them to be on that room

anyway, funny episode, i think i'll finish this one without problems

geptor said:

i was actually going to say something like this but then deleted it because anime logic :v

the God said he just made the average between the weakest individual and the strongest ignoring the individuals in between. It does make sense. Also you make some assumptions: 1. that there are many people in the world 2. what life forms are taken into account and what life forms are not.
nightcrawlercypOct 9, 2019 12:09 AM
Oct 8, 2019 11:42 PM

Jul 2016
Well, it looks like a parody of the "Isekai" genre for me...

Overall, this first episode ended up being funnier from what I originally expected. Surprisingly, it made me laugh a few times, especially when the explanation about Mile's "average" powers came. That sure was an absurd reasoning xD

Looking forward to the next episode.

P.S.: By the way, I will NEVER defend comedy related to rape or pedophilia but, were those the "jokes" some people were so offended about?...
Oct 9, 2019 4:41 AM

Oct 2007
laughed so hard when she she joked about her hand getting bit by the wall. xD

the orc meat looks tasty!!

enjoyed the first episode, and eagerly waiting for next week. :)
Oct 9, 2019 4:41 AM
Apr 2011
Judgment526 said:
Dr4kon said:

And just like the writer of this story, you also don't know what the average means.
Average = mean. There is absolutely no difference.
Median = the middle value. For an even amount of numbers, it is the mean of the two middle values.

What our MC should have asked for is of course the median, as it is less susceptible to outliers (like the dragon).
But if she got the mean amount of power, she should be weak as hell. There is only 1 (or maybe a few) super powerful dragon, while there are countless weak creatures to compensate for that.

And then the 'middle of the scene'-exposition that is is shoe-horned in, says she got half the power of the dragon, which is even moreso NOT the average.

If you really can't even think of a plausible reason for your premise, what are you doing writing a story?

And then the 'middle of the scene'-exposition that is is shoe-horned in, says she got half the power of the dragon, which is even moreso NOT the average.

If you really can't even think of a plausible reason for your premise, what are you doing writing a story?

There are actually three types of average, and median is very much one of them. It’s just that in most cases, when we talk about average, we’re actually referring to the mean, which is certainly what the protagonist was asking for since, even if you factor in how strong an elder dragon might be, the number of weak individuals would balance this out resulting in a power level that’s...well, fairly average.

Assuming a relatively even distribution of power levels across the spectrum from weakest to most powerful, the median would in fact end up being around the midway point between weakest and strongest which is exactly what the protagonist got, and that fits the description we got this episode.

You call the elder dragon an outlier, but there’s really no way for us to know if that’s true without being specifically told that is there? All we know is that the elder dragon stands at the pinnacle, but we’re never told if there are other powerful beings that are only slightly weaker than it, and if so, how many there are.

There are actually many types of averages, used for different sets of numbers. The median, however, is not an average. It is the middle value. It is often used along side an average, sure, since they are both measures of central tendency. The median might colloqually be confused with an average. But mathematically, it is not an average. Calling it an average only leads to mistakes (in a professional setting, that is).

Sure, with an approximately normal distribution the mean and median are very close to each other. But the protagonist didn't get halfway between the weakest and strongest. She got half the power of the strongest. Yes, that might be similar. It isn't a given, though. They might vary wildly, making the statement in itself incorrect.

And yes, we don't know the distribution of power among the inhabitants of that world. But I believe it to be a reasonable assumption, that if ONE specific dragon is named as the cause of her higher than normal (for humans) power, that that one dragon skews the mean away from the median, i.e. is an outlier.

Also possible is that the average of humanity lies well below the average of the world. Still, saying that she got half the power of that dragon is mathematically wrong, no matter how you spin it.
Oct 9, 2019 5:31 AM

Aug 2013
fun show

and the one who actually hate this anime is the LN reader
seems like anime watcher only mostly enjoyed it
Oct 9, 2019 7:58 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I like this show a little better than the High School Prodigies isekai.
Oct 9, 2019 10:01 AM

Nov 2009
I went in blind and love every minutes of it which was surprising since I usually avoid Isekai shows. I saw other thread said that anime skipped the first arc but I don't feel like anything is missing at all.

Oct 10, 2019 4:03 AM
Jan 2018
apart from what the other Light Novel readers have said ... this isn't a parody series
Oct 10, 2019 4:05 AM
Jan 2018
SouthRzVa said:
Well, it looks like a parody of the "Isekai" genre for me...

Overall, this first episode ended up being funnier from what I originally expected. Surprisingly, it made me laugh a few times, especially when the explanation about Mile's "average" powers came. That sure was an absurd reasoning xD

Looking forward to the next episode.

P.S.: By the way, I will NEVER defend comedy related to rape or pedophilia but, were those the "jokes" some people were so offended about?...

its not supposed to be a parody

well its ANN they are offended about anything and those jokes where added by the anime creators no where in the LN or manga are such things
Oct 10, 2019 8:39 PM

Jan 2011
Haven't read the LN so can't comment on any changes, but I'd guess they would probably throw the skipped parts in a bit later as a flashback. At least that's probably what they should do.
Oct 10, 2019 9:09 PM

Feb 2015
ahh yah seems like they pretty much skip the first arc of the wn which is pivotal. EP01 is prolly going to continue to Miles being in the hunter school or whatever you call it...

not a bad EP01, fluffy animation... Mile's VA is kawai.
Oct 11, 2019 2:49 AM

Sep 2019
Why do miles three friends seem like they’re trying to copy darkness megumin and aqua
Oct 11, 2019 4:05 AM

Oct 2007
billybub said:
Wow that was surprisingly really good, definitely has that Endro! vibe to it.

thanks for reminding. This does feel a bit like Endro, all girls fun party with some comedy. ^^
Oct 11, 2019 7:47 PM
Jun 2010
DarknessReality said:
Its about time we start getting some isekais with female leads. I want more isekais like this with girls as main character who are overpowered.

Its a cute series cant wait for more. Love to see more of her overpoweredness unlike with normal isekai which has become boring to see. Girl power FTW!!

If you like this series, you can check out Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear.

Honestly, there's a lot of very good otome isekai novels/manga adpations out there that are worth a read, but I don't know which one will ever get anime adaptations, but I hope they do. In all honestly, there's literally so many mediocre isekai harem theme novel/mangas out there.
Oct 12, 2019 12:51 AM

May 2009
Yuribait isekaishit. Bleh
Oct 12, 2019 5:44 AM
Jan 2019
The isekais of this season are very good compared to the isekais of the previous season. I had no high expectations about this anime, but I liked the first episode. The fifth isekai of the season and I will obviously add it to my list. The truck-chan did it again 😂, has starred anime since time immemorial. The death of the protagonist reminded me of the death of Sakura (Zombieland Saga) and Kazuma (Konosuba) xD.

Ps: I liked the brief explanation of why the protagonist is so strong.
Oct 13, 2019 5:30 PM

Jul 2015
Mere attempt of presenting potential child r*pe is sickening. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2019

89 by Old_Fart_61 »»
Jan 11, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2019

89 by Old_Fart_61 »»
Jan 11, 7:18 PM

» Where do I pick up the light novel after the anime?

neil - Dec 23, 2019

8 by abyss_will »»
Dec 12, 2023 11:22 AM

» will this ever get a second season?

go1d1eaf - May 22, 2021

17 by NiQ1 »»
Oct 4, 2023 1:33 AM

Poll: » Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2019

117 by Saxanka »»
Sep 26, 2023 9:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.