Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 7, 2019 3:15 PM

Mar 2016
CeddyyBearr said:
The characters and the opening (Which is so LIT) is what kept me watching. This was atrocious from start to finish. If we could just cut out all the fighting and stuff, I would have enjoyed it a lot more. CGI here was such a turn off.

2/10, cause LIT Opening!

The opening was hella fire by itself, no lies...like I’d make an AMV with that if I could.. The characters would be okay, but they’re just kinda pasted on without any sort of genuine buildup.
Oct 7, 2019 3:19 PM

May 2015
Lol that was absolutely awful, so happy this show didn't disappoint and even remotely try to get better. If I were to actually give this a score based on anything other than its so bad its good 1/10, but for that sheer fact alone 10/10 cant wait to see how bad S2 is
Oct 7, 2019 3:21 PM

Apr 2015
Ryuseishun said:
CeddyyBearr said:
The characters and the opening (Which is so LIT) is what kept me watching. This was atrocious from start to finish. If we could just cut out all the fighting and stuff, I would have enjoyed it a lot more. CGI here was such a turn off.

2/10, cause LIT Opening!

The opening was hella fire by itself, no lies...like I’d make an AMV with that if I could.. The characters would be okay, but they’re just kinda pasted on without any sort of genuine buildup.

Opening is definitely one of my favorites this year.. Lack of buildup is also due to the pacing the series had. We can hope it will get better in Season 2 (not that I understand how it even got a 2nd Season, nor will I watch it).
Oct 7, 2019 3:53 PM
Aug 2016
Soundtrack was really good on This EP. Cool.
Oct 7, 2019 4:18 PM
Jul 2017
holy sheet 4 volumes crammed into 13 eps I guess props for being able to butcher them all in there...albeit they flipped/deleted/rushed so much material related to the actual story/plot that builds the characters and the world itself.
they literally gutted 4 volumes took the spots with the most action and threw some CGI in and said hope you get what this is about lol...like let's just do things bc we want...like bring myu into the labyrinth when that's a huge thing for Hajime to never do...I guess I'll take a 2nd season
Oct 7, 2019 4:30 PM
Nov 2018
Nurguburu said:
This show was really weird. Besides some creepy CGI and rushed episodes, characters interactions were pure gold mine. Also, here, I have not seen an insane amount of plot conveniences like others shows from Summer like Kanata no Astra or forced comedy like Dr Stone.

And as usual you set your alarm so you can post at the top of the thread about your hatred of Dr. Stone. In a thread about another anime. Some serious issues there.

Why doesn't your post include anything specific about this episode? Why do none of your quickly inserted posts do that? Because you had this ready to post as soon as the thread was up. You think this is what the forum is about?
Oct 7, 2019 4:38 PM
Oct 2018
Hope 2nd season they wont use the cgi anymore /different studio pls
Oct 7, 2019 4:43 PM
Nov 2018
Thank you, I enjoy learning about those details. I guess the guy who tried to kill Nagumo will get his comeuppance in the next season.

I just read the Arifureta wiki about Kouki, it sounds like he's almost too dumb to stand on two legs without falling over.

Anyway, I actually enjoyed the last episode. More than the other ones, I should say. Here I saw a hint of what it could have been. Even if it was a very condensed version of what the LN was. But I always see an anime as a new story.

If I was Nagumo, having Kaori in the car would make we very uncomfortable. Because she is someone from home, who gets to see what he's been doing with these other-world girls. Using his top position to make them a harem constantly vying for his favor.

Like others have said - it's bad, but it still has elements that will make me keep watching the second season. And I have a feeling the second season will be better. What else could be possible?

K1ngOfSloth said:
Finally it's over.. Is what I wanted to say but they just had to announce s2 today....
For now it's over at least

They cut so many things short/out, but have Hajime fight 10mins with all the monsters.
If they let hin fight like 5min they could've fit so much more of the reunion in.

How Hajime conquered Hiyama was left out completely.

Kouki's complaining was cut short immensly. They didn't even show that he wouldn't accept Kaori's feelings for Nagumo or how he almost treated her as if she was his property, with phrases like "get away from that murderer right now".
The conversation between him and Yaegashi was cut short too. I remember it being way more conflicted than those 3 sentences.

Kaori and Yaegashi didn't even call Hajime Chuunibyou which should've caused Hajime to become more self-conscious which was a pretty nice comedic aspect.

At least they showed how Hajime and co. got down there so quickly in the beginning

So as always they rushed the important bits way too much and layed the focus on these atrocious CGI fights

Gonna savor the time until s2. More than 2/10 is not in store here for me. I'd recommend to anyone to read the novel tho
Oct 7, 2019 4:44 PM

Sep 2019
Unpopular opinion: I actually liked this show
Don't take anything seriously.
No idea what my avatar is from by the way.
Oct 7, 2019 4:48 PM

Apr 2016
Even tho I'm now the biggest "I fucking hate Arifureta" guy here now I guess, I didn't hate the finale.

It still didn't deliver on the one fucking thing we had hoped for (that bully who tried to kill him getting some kind of comeuppance) and everything felt unearned, but I can't deny that there were some vaguely cute moments and whatnot. Reminds me that if anything went right, some of this might have been a bit satisfying eve if the episode was still underwhelming. It further reminds me that this anime doesn't feel quite as cynically made as some of the others. It's just so incompetent and willing to devolve that you really gotta try to look for some of the heart and passion in this one in the sea of laziness, rubble, and incompetence.

So yea the episode is really bad but not that bad by Arifureta standards. Still the worst anime of the year for me tho.
Oct 7, 2019 4:56 PM

Dec 2010
As awful as this anime was in terms of pacing, story-line, and animation, the character interaction is definitely entertaining. Nothing new from a harem, though.

Looking forward for more harem development in the next season.

Oct 7, 2019 5:08 PM
Dec 2009
for the storywise i could enjoy it, the animation made me wish i could skip this

im just satisfied that Kaori didnt force herself and ideal to Hajime, and accept his new self. Candidate for best girl?

and for the outcast of your class, there is hope guys!
Oct 7, 2019 5:20 PM
Feb 2009
ohh hell yeaa been waiting for this since episode 1 and Kaori joins the journey quality isekai
Oct 7, 2019 5:25 PM

Aug 2017
Hegar said:
Nurguburu said:
This show was really weird. Besides some creepy CGI and rushed episodes, characters interactions were pure gold mine. Also, here, I have not seen an insane amount of plot conveniences like others shows from Summer like Kanata no Astra or forced comedy like Dr Stone.

And as usual you set your alarm so you can post at the top of the thread about your hatred of Dr. Stone. In a thread about another anime. Some serious issues there.

Why doesn't your post include anything specific about this episode? Why do none of your quickly inserted posts do that? Because you had this ready to post as soon as the thread was up. You think this is what the forum is about?

Bro, a mod warned u weeks ago. Are you going to do the same thing again?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 7, 2019 5:26 PM

Feb 2015
This is one of the worst shows I've ever seen, period. This dumpster fire getting a second season just reinforces my belief that most weebs and or producers are fucking morons. It also very visibly contributes to a growing dilution of standards and degradation of quality. The amount and degree of dogshit anime created increases every damn year.
Oct 7, 2019 6:34 PM

Jan 2013
"She's the last boss" hahah so good xD
Ignoring the absolutely horrible CGI, it was a pretty chill anime. Meaning that i don't regret watching it.

Wonder if the 2s will be better than thins one.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 7, 2019 7:12 PM

Sep 2017
My opinion of Arifureta is all over the place, because I just don't know how to describe it. And how can I? On one hand, I have seen very shows this disgustingly animated with such offensive humor, but that was all the more reason why almost every episode was just a blast to watch. As disappointing as it is that this is getting a sequel over some other actually good show, I am kind of curious to see how much worse this trainwreck can get. The perverted dragon is best girl, 4/10.

Oct 7, 2019 7:37 PM

Apr 2011
That was okay. He slaughtered everyone with no sweat. I thought he's gonna kill the bastard who tried to kill him. Too bad. Nice to see Shirasaki has been added. Sihzuku should've been added too but maybe in the next season.

Its an interesting harem isekai series. Despite criticisms from LN/WN readers, its still fun.
Oct 7, 2019 9:09 PM

Dec 2016
I actually really enjoyed this show. I liked how Hajime is ruthless when he needs to be. And I like any show where guns beat magic and swords.

Can't wait to see season 2
Oct 7, 2019 9:33 PM
Sep 2018
hopefully s2 is adapted better
Oct 7, 2019 9:58 PM
Jun 2015
they have 4 minutes left and only give us leftover scenes, nani the fuck is that?!?! not only that, this episode want us to take more attention to hajime battle scene where it is even not more better than before. moreover hajime said tomorrow they will left that town right after come out from the dungeon and suddenly tomorrow is come right after that

tomorrow: am i a joke for you?

sadly when we have news about season 2 at the same time we didn't get scene where hajime accept miyu request to eat. please director-san, that scene is important for character development and don't just milking kaori too much when her character development is not different with fan service. lastly, don't force us to remember this words, "we are strongest" too much, especially using yue to promote that words. honestly, this anime is not strike the blood where we will find same pattern at the end of an arc
Oct 7, 2019 10:24 PM
Jul 2018
I really like this arifureta shokugyou de sekai saikyou the world strongest I love all the episodes of this 1 till 13 the last episode was out standing I really like it this anime show is amazing all the characters are amazing the most favourite character of my is Hajime and Yue I would be really be happy if this anime show releases a 2 season I can't wait to see what happens next will Hajime return to his world ? or will Hajime die and in order to save the both worlds this has been always been my question so I can't wait to see the 2 season of this anime so yeah I really like and love this anime THANKS FOR RELEASES THIS AMAZING ANIME THANK YOU VERY MUCH that goes for you people who have created this anime THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Oct 7, 2019 10:39 PM

May 2012
I enjoy it, even with the first episode and cgi being shit, but rest of it was alright. It way better than other three isekai that air this season. Yay another season, I need more Hajime and Yue. Hoping with season 2 no more bad cgi and skipping content please.
Oct 7, 2019 11:53 PM

Nov 2016
since someone spoiled it for me (granted i looked at the spoiler but didnt really care)question

what did he actually do?
Oct 8, 2019 12:32 AM

Feb 2011
The fact that he didn't mess up the guy that launched the spell at him in the end really upset me and ruined the ending for me.

Thank goodness for s2. maybe some redemption somehow. Blast that dude's elbows off.

Oct 8, 2019 1:30 AM
Oct 2018
Kinda sad that Shirasaki's pure love got rejected just like that.
Oct 8, 2019 4:05 AM

Oct 2016
8 is the final score I gave it to this show. There are a few reasons I didn't give 10:

1. The Harem part really annoys me to no end, so much that I almost want to lower the score more. It's unnecessary and over the top.

2. The fact he didn't either kill the original traitor or call him out in front of everyone was kind of dull. Some people would consider it classy but it's really out of character as it's an expression of contemporary meekness.

3. The ending wasn't very convincing. There's no big cliffhanger or anything that leaves you thirsty for a lot more.

4. The soundtrack wasn't top notch like in Fairy Tail or Bleach.

5. The Dragonborn being a pervert is really disrespectful. Make someone else a pervert, not the Dragonborn.

Oct 8, 2019 4:28 AM

Jul 2017
Even at the last episode, I will come up and say that I kinda like how it progressed from Nagumo being everyone's worst, to everyone's best. While the other girls just trashed all like it was nothing.

The classmates are just fodder in standing against his way, as always. Kaori on the other hand...let's just say I'm not very fond of her character. Even as an excessive fanservice, and an attachment to Hajime (which he eventually shot her down).

What a disaster anime. Just hoping that Season 2 will fix many things that raises its negative notoriety.
Oct 8, 2019 4:53 AM

May 2010
1/10 unchanged since episode 1
Oct 8, 2019 5:05 AM

Nov 2012
Listen Hajime..... Kaori has been there for you since the beginning. Yue is a goddess but Kaori has been ride or die before you even realized it. DO THE RIGHT THING AND CHOOSE KAORI DAMMIT!

I was so glad he wasn't a total dickbag to Kaori, he could of at least hugged her.
Oct 8, 2019 5:15 AM

Apr 2017
Quick question, anyone else pissed that Hajime didn't kill Daisuke (the traitor guy) or do anything to him?

ps. haven't gone through the manga/LN much

Oct 8, 2019 5:23 AM

Jun 2016
Overall the anime is decent except for its bad CGI. I didn't read the LN that's why i am a bit confused at the start because of its fast pace (I think they've skipped some character introductions) . Hajime was a good mc, didn't have a soft heart and doesn't show mercy to his enemies even if they're his former friends. Kaori joined the party and plus 1 to his harem too. I am really hoping for improvement on the upcoming 2nd season.
I am not a friend of justice. I am an enemy of evil.

STAPLE STABLE
Oct 8, 2019 5:58 AM

Nov 2012
X500658 said:
Quick question, anyone else pissed that Hajime didn't kill Daisuke (the traitor guy) or do anything to him?

ps. haven't gone through the manga/LN much

I expected him to blast him on sight too but I guess killing the demon lady was enough at that moment in time. He had a little sense not to just go on a murderous rampage at their reunion. I'm sure its going to be a part of the next season.
Oct 8, 2019 6:47 AM

Sep 2016

I know Shizuku wanted to go too, awww. Next time maybe? xD

Anyway, the last episodes had a bit more of bad CGI than the first ones, and the fact they were outside of caves, or the caves had more lighting, did the blending job way worse.
Overall the first monsters they fought in the first episodes were quite decent looking despite being made of bad CG, in the end (on the level of Round Tanjiro waving his hand in a certain ep of KnY...a bit cringe lol, sasuga ufotable)

Plotwise, they skipped world builing and I can see why (too many isekai with the same beginning), I can't say I approve of it, but I liked a lot the first episode and the whole part where Hajime was either alone or just with Yue, were superb.
Then the annoying bunny came out, and it was still funny when he was just rejecting her around, but now it seems like the plot will settle for harem with a ranking system of wives where Yue is of course #1...I don't really like this though, monogamy is the best, but it doesn't look like it will influence the plot much, Hajime looks the same merciless bastard of the first episodes. When he killed his ex-friend I forgot the name of, I shouted "yes" like I did in the first ep of Akgk.

Maybe Yue become a bit too much lenient tho, tbh if you have to do that, at least you should get some waifu too...so it becomes haremception xD.

Glad to see there will be a S2 btw.

Pretty much yes. He'll die, I hope.
bruh
Oct 8, 2019 10:17 AM

Aug 2018
It's a 4/10 from me. The 3D CGI in this was terrible, why are they using 3D on biological objects and why does the rigging, texturing look so weird? If they kept it 2D instead of making shortcuts by cleverly making 3D actors and pressing CTRL+D they would have gotten a better rating and the anime wouldn't have looked mediocre. 3D for biological characters looks terrible, next time use it for mechs, architecture and so on.

Oct 8, 2019 4:33 PM
Mar 2014
Nice ending, looking forward to Season 2
to clear more labyrinths
to get even more power and solve the mystery of this world
and to growth the harem even more :D

Soon he'll need to craft a Semi Truck to load up all the wifus
Oct 8, 2019 5:13 PM
Jan 2018
This episode made me want to play Devil may Cry, i wonder why...
Oct 8, 2019 6:47 PM
Feb 2017
FullyCharged said:
Lol at people's reviews with 4-6/13 episodes watched that just changed the viewcount to 13/13 without actually editing anything in the review, lmao

Too bad if you rate too low, the weighted average is going to EAT your 1/10s for breakfast and 10 of them are going to matter less than a single 7/10, maybe probably even less than a couple of 10/10s, xD

I mean the show is pretty low tier in every aspect, can't expect something as high as a 7.
Oct 8, 2019 6:49 PM
Feb 2017
Honestly, I haven't ever watched a show at 2x speed before this one, but it made me do it. But tbh, I enjoyed it a lot more that way because the show itself was already a joke, and making everything happen faster with no downtime between scenes made it somewhat more entertaining.

5/10, I'm being gracious here. It's funny and entertaining because of how bad it is.
Oct 8, 2019 7:24 PM
Apr 2019
Anime gets a 4/10

Bad pacing, bad characters, bad everything honestly.

Pacing: We didn't get to know enough of Nakumo kun in his normal life before that demon thing took over and why was the priest girl even in love with him and his classmates.

The ending scene of that Harem part was just un real to me... like I get it, its a harem and the characters know it, but most good harems don't just beg for the main character ( some do, but that harem part just rubbed me the wrong way )

The final battle was shit. The only good battle this show had was when Yue and Nakumo were still in the labyrinth before Nakumo drank holy water and just won the fight declaring a lady he knew for like 5 minutes the love of his life. ( And are they even a good pair? Like damn, I see better chemistry from Shea than Nakumo but Anime lul )

The final battle was just bang bang Nakumo stalling the kill on the main demon chick he shot twice and just flexing in front of everyone.

Like what was the entire point of that last part? Blech.

Fight Scenes also look really bad sometimes, like jesus, the Enemies just jump into a jpg picture of monsters that don't do anything.... just die.
Oct 8, 2019 8:35 PM

Jul 2015
What... DID THE CG GET WORSE?... Was it always this awful and I'm just realizing it now? Also the shifts in this damn anime are frustrating, the whole first half of this episode was awful, just awful, but then after the fight was over and that girl started crying, suddenly it started getting better again, like, it somehow gets JUST Entertaining enough to keep me going and I HATE IT. AND THE DANG BUNNY GIRL ENDED UP BEING THE BEST PART OF THIS. Season 2 is gonna be a mess... and I'm probably gonna watch it...
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 8, 2019 8:45 PM
Feb 2017
DuoraDoll said:
What... DID THE CG GET WORSE?... Was it always this awful and I'm just realizing it now? Also the shifts in this damn anime are frustrating, the whole first half of this episode was awful, just awful, but then after the fight was over and that girl started crying, suddenly it started getting better again, like, it somehow gets JUST Entertaining enough to keep me going and I HATE IT. AND THE DANG BUNNY GIRL ENDED UP BEING THE BEST PART OF THIS. Season 2 is gonna be a mess... and I'm probably gonna watch it...

You must've not watched the show, the CGI was horrendous in every episode lmfao. But yeah, I agree while this show is pretty trash I enjoy watching it for some reason. Sometimes instead of a good steak, I'll eat the $1 ones at the Dollar Store and somehow like it.
Oct 8, 2019 8:54 PM

Feb 2014
Good that the characters are nice to watch specially Shea. That boosted my enjoyment at the point I started to care less about the bad things of this anime.

And this is a rare anime in which the harem element works out nicely. Very good.

I hope they don't commit the same technical mistakes (pacing, battles animation and monster's art, for example) of this season in the next season, that would be very nice and I would enjoy even more considering that I start to gradually enjoy this season even with all its flaws.

Anyway, 7/10
TechOtakuOct 8, 2019 9:04 PM
Oct 9, 2019 2:30 AM

Mar 2011
What utter trash.

The start of this anime gave me such hope, a generic isekei protagonist who turns 'dark'. I wondered where his character would go..

Then he left the dungeon and it became a generic isekai ignoring all of his previous character.

Then we had this episode where we got a taste of the previous character and even a hint at him confronting the one who tried to kill him, but nope it ends by going back to generic isekei herem.

Awful series.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Oct 9, 2019 2:49 AM

Apr 2015
to anime onlys: here's some cut content that you should watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T90tVPLi8Bc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL9j9oLeWDk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvose9jsgFk
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Oct 9, 2019 5:21 PM

Aug 2016
This one is so bad I am enjoying to watching it. I am not sure if I am glad or not about second season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2019 11:43 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This wasn't what I would necessarily call a good ending. I had so many conflicting thoughts on this show, and I'll saddle of the fact that it definitely had the potential, but missed out on perfectly executing it. What a shame. By the looks of it, it seems that instead of Hajime joining his guild back again, they are the ones who will probably join him instead. I think it's Kaori's time t show from now on. A second season isn't what I necessarily asked for, but here we go I guess.
Oct 10, 2019 12:18 PM
Jan 2019
Arifureta leaves much to be desired in comparison to the light novel, which is what many say. And not to mention the animation, they tried but could not. Although in the last 3 episodes improved a little, I will not deny that, at least, I got excited and laughed a little. Poor Hajime, he could have been one of the best protagonists of the season, but no.
I hope there is some hope in the animation style of the second season.
What I liked most about the anime was the song they used in the ED. The lyrics are beautiful.
Oct 10, 2019 10:08 PM
Mar 2015
So terrible it is hilarious
Oct 10, 2019 10:46 PM

Apr 2012
WTF man this episodes is worst of the worst of the worst episode ever
Static CGI i mean man, come on its CGI who only standing
i prefer anal dragon than this stupid show standing shooting with edgy style
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

383 by Rishabh1348 »»
Mar 5, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

103 by TsunamiYT »»
Mar 2, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2019

173 by Seabury »»
Jan 14, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2019

158 by Seabury »»
Jan 13, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2019

89 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 6:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.