Forum Settings
Forums

Name some anime that hold a special place in your heart but you wouldn't recommend to everyone

New
Oct 6, 2019 2:14 PM

Oct 2017
You wouldn't recommend those anime probably due to the following reasons:
- It's a little weird
- It's too "childish" in current anime community's eyes
- You knew it wouldn't go mainstream because the topic is niche
- There's some execution issue (pacing/ story)
- There's some production issue (animation/ sound/ art-style)
- Too much fan-service/ borderline hentai.

But regardless of all these, it hold a special place within you which you like it very much, but you wouldn't just recommend it to everyone when people ask you what anime they should watch.

Here's some of my lists:

1. Nakanohito Genome [Jikkyouchuu] :
Mostly because I knew the source material, and I really really like some of the characters in it. However as far as the anime adaptation goes, there's some serious execution problem in terms of story compare to the source, and anime original ep 8 and finale pretty much ruin all my will to recommend this to anyone. Nonetheless I enjoy it for what it is, knowing the source material. (Also music and voice acting is nice)

2. Sarazanmai:
Just go watch episode 1 and you'd understand why I wouldn't recommend this to everyone. Nonetheless the story is very interesting and there're some pretty outstanding execution in some of the episodes.

3. Digimon series: (especially season 1 and 7, and first half of season 2)
This series (especially the older ones) is dimmed "too childish" for current anime community's standard that I probably wouldn't recommend people to watch, especially the western audience. (Also the dub sucks, and western audience would probably just watch the dub version and ruin all the emotional investment in it)
For example, sub op of Digimon first season is way better than that shit done by the U.S. dub company.

4. Mermaid Melody:
The formula of this anime is a little too old fashion to recommend to the current gen anime community. Basically you have your villain of the week, and female mcs save the day , while some love story going on between all the mermaid crews and hot bois.
Nonetheless the OST of this series is really nice, and some of the pairing and love story in it is done very well, that it hold a special place in me.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 6, 2019 8:11 PM

Jan 2019
Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records

Holds a special place in my heart, as it was one of my first anime. I love the show. It's funny, exciting, and a pleasure to watch all the way through. But I wouldn't recommend it because it has quite a lot of problems. To put it plainly, it's trash. Most people I'd think would probably not be able to ignore it's problems like I did.
You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become irrelevant.
Oct 6, 2019 8:34 PM

Jun 2017
Oregairu.

It's still one of my (if not) favorite anime. However:

- it does feature a lot of your usual LN/Romcom tropes.
- It can be a little too overdramatic at times.
- animation can be really bad.
- it won't satisfy those looking for a series that deal with the issues that Oregairu deals with in a more detailed and profound way. Personally, I love how the author approaches such themes but most people find it lacking.

I love Oregairu, I love the characters, the comedy, the romance in it, and as I said before, I like how it deals with themes such as Social Awkwardness, Codependency, Self-isolation,etc.

This series resonated with me so much back when I first watched it and it still does. But because it's so personal to me, I don't usually recommend it very often.

Oct 6, 2019 8:43 PM

Mar 2015
Oreimo: Incest clearly.
Love live!: I personally a fan of Idol anime. I think many people don't like it though
The world is not beautiful. Therefore, it is.
Oct 6, 2019 8:49 PM

May 2019
Definitely Paranoia Agent and Serial Experiments Lain. Not a lot of psychological stuff like that is too popular sadly.
Oct 6, 2019 8:52 PM

Dec 2015
Hetalia for sure.
its one of my top 3 favourites but i know a lot of people have an issue with the fact that its about real life countries, all that did pretty heinous things, portrayed in an anime format which may lead to it taking some historical acts lightly. i think its pretty funny and can actually give a lot of cool information but like i said, definitely not for everyone ahah
Oct 6, 2019 8:54 PM

Sep 2019
The very first anime i've watched was Zero No Tsukaima (Familiar of Zero) that series holds a very special place in my heart, and i can't just recommend it to everyone, since not all people likes annoying woman like louise.....
DepressAnimuuGuy
Oct 6, 2019 8:55 PM

Feb 2017
Anything with ecchi is almost automatically out unless I know the person is cool with it to begin with
๐˜ผ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก ๐™™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™—๐™ค๐™™๐™ฎ
Oct 6, 2019 8:59 PM
Jul 2018
Obligatory Monogatari Series answer
Oct 6, 2019 9:00 PM

Jul 2017
Di Gi Charat

It's peak otaku right next to Poni Poni Dash and Potemayo, but I feel it's "low quality" look will drive off most viewers.

Oct 6, 2019 9:14 PM

Dec 2016
@Ventus_S I disagree with your Digimon mention. I'd argue that in fact out of all the anime designed and aimed towards children out there, is probably one of the most recommendable ones, not only for children, but adults as well, if they can obviously understand the type of show they are watching and the demo it was aimed towards in the first place. For kids' show standards it just hits plenty of right notes to make it enjoyable for both audiences; a large, diverse and highly likeable fleshed out cast, all of them getting fair spotlight at some point, a well-constructed and balanced storyline where no single episode is wasted or feels skippable and which makes the audience engaged all the way through, lots of well-earned and well-built epic and moving moments, and a wide variety of life-lessons for kids regarding themes of common life, among other entertainment-value qualities. It may have a childish tone, but not by that much; it falls in that ideal spot where it isn't overly simplistic to be unappealing to adults and where it isn't overly complex to be inappropriate for the audience it was designed for, with the right manageable dose of darkness. The fact that it may not work for some adults "because it has a childish tone" is not problem of the show itself, it's a problem of said viewers who are unable to adapt their sights and standards and hence would judge the show the same way and with the same bars they would do it with an adult-oriented one like Evangelion or Monster, which is obviously, completely nonsense.

I'd say that what may do turn them off is in reality the limited animation; Digimon was made with a small budget so the action isn't as kinetic as it should be for a show with tons of battling, it has lots of recycled animation and the CGI may look cheap by today's standards (though by the time it was made it looks quite acceptable, even great) but it's not like it looks terrible either so I also don't see how that should be a major issue either. Another thing were it fell short was in the villains department; most of them don't have very interesting motivations outside world-domination because they're evil and lack developed backgrounds. Outside these issues, I see no reason to consider Digimon a non-recommendable show for adult audiences.

To answer your question, if there is one anime I love to death but would not recommend to everyone that is Sailor Moon, because it features tons of elements that modern audiences simply reject watching: i) it's long (200 episodes), ii) it uses a formulaic, repetitive monster-of-the-week storytelling narrative, iii) it features recycled animation sequences (transformations and attacks), iv) it has a campy, cheesy tone and v) it just "looks old" with the cel animation and coloring. None of these elements are problem to me, but I can understand why they may be for some.
Oct 6, 2019 9:24 PM

Jan 2019
Zankyou No Terror. I wouldn't recommend it to Normies because it requires a bit of thinking and not enough plot armor.
iLoveWaterOct 6, 2019 10:26 PM
Oct 6, 2019 9:39 PM

Oct 2013
Keijo and Prison School. I love the absurdity of them but they definitely aren't for everyone.
Oct 6, 2019 9:57 PM
Dec 2018
Ventus_S said:

4. Mermaid Melody:
The formula of this anime is a little too old fashion to recommend to the current gen anime community. Basically you have your villain of the week, and female mcs save the day , while some love story going on between all the mermaid crews and hot bois.
Nonetheless the OST of this series is really nice, and some of the pairing and love story in it is done very well, that it hold a special place in me.

Man I cried when that scene happened ;_;.
Oct 6, 2019 10:17 PM

Feb 2018
Kill me baby, I think I'm the only one who laughed so hard with such a bad anime, yeah i'm retarded. But it's so good while I saw it in less than an afternoon. My mother, the ED of this anime is a Masterpiece.

oh yeah, and monogari series. Although it is already famous enough to be something "special".
Oct 6, 2019 10:23 PM

May 2009
Cross Ange, for the reason of content advisory, and also because I'm quite aware that people seem to have polarized opinions on this show.

Tadito said:

Holds a special place in my heart, as it was one of my first anime. I love the show. It's funny, exciting, and a pleasure to watch all the way through. But I wouldn't recommend it because it has quite a lot of problems. To put it plainly, it's trash. Most people I'd think would probably not be able to ignore it's problems like I did.
I enjoyed this show, which was a surprise to me as well.

It certainly looks like "trash" at the beginning, particularly to those people who dislike fanservice, what with Prof. Radars acting like a complete lech basically intentionally to lose his job, but the only really "trash" aspect of this sort that persists is that the female student uniforms inexplicably have exposed midriffs.

On the other hand, it's one of those shows that appears as a comedic excuse for stupidity early on but shows its cards (no pun intended) later as well as in more serious scenes (which occur more frequently later, occupy very important places in the plot, are clearly the highlights of the show, and really show off the soundtrack well) where the show really shines.

Too bad it was just getting started with the series's overall plotline.

Ventus_S said:
4. Mermaid Melody:
That is a very pretty song! I almost teared up just listening to it (and watching the footage). Thank you for sharing it. It definitely looks like a cute show that I haven't really thought much about watching yet.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Oct 6, 2019 10:27 PM

Oct 2017
Gythia said:
Obligatory Monogatari Series answer

Honestly I think Monogatari series is an easy recommendation.
The animation is pretty outstanding (always easy to recommend a serie if the animation looks outstanding) and there's a clear theme/ story going on in every season.

It's a little weird yes, but I think it has strong public appeal.
Oct 6, 2019 11:05 PM
Jun 2019
@JaredLopez
i feel the same with u, it is also my favorite...but i'll add more things that can be a problem for this series:
-MC's change can be a turnoff for some viewers.
-Dialogue heavy show that needs "reading between the lines" & a need to read some long analysis/essays in order for u to understand it & the characters.
Oct 6, 2019 11:26 PM

Jun 2015
I absolutely LOVE Romeo x Juliet. The anime is very different from the actual play, but I think that just makes it all the better.

However, I wouldn't recommend it to just anyone for a fuck ton of reasons. First off, some people blatantly hate the fact that it's so different from the play. It's basically it's own new story that simply uses the names of Romeo and Juliet. Second off, some people might think it's boring. It's a story that has an overarching plot; many things are introduced in the beginning of the show that seems to have no value, but everything eventually comes together at the end. Third, some people- for whatever reason- are repulsed by romance, and there's A LOT of it in the series. And others find it too melodramatic even though all of Shakespeare's works are highly dramatized. And the art style in the show takes a huge dip in the second half of the show for whatever reason, so yeah.
Oct 6, 2019 11:30 PM

Aug 2013
HenSemi for sure, it's a 10 and a favorite for me but likely one of the anime I'd recommend the least.
It tried to do what no other anime has: focus on the psychology behind perversion, and that also happen to be one of my main interests.
It does, however, have it's faults, and quite big ones.
-It is about heavy and disgusting feishes, a turn-off for most people.
-It focuses too much on comedy, only partly reaching it's potential.
-The uncensored version is worse than most hentais, without showing you the act.
Oct 7, 2019 1:08 AM

Jun 2019
All of the shows in my "Favourite anime" list. I consider none of them to be a masterpeice and all of them have some aspects that wouldn't be received positively by many.

ใƒ–ใƒฌ
ใƒ–ใƒฌ
ใƒ–ใƒฌ
ใƒ–ใƒฌ

Oct 7, 2019 1:14 AM
Jul 2018
Kill la Kill.

As a huge TTGL fan, Kill la Kill holds a special place in my heart, but it's incredibly hard to recommend it to anyone, even seasoned anime fans. The "ecchiness" of the show seems to be a huge turn off for a lot people, then there's also the fact that it's a pretty weird and over the top anime.
Oct 7, 2019 1:14 AM

Jan 2018
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei why because people love to hate it for OP MC and the incest kind of thing as if don't like other garbages like Oreimo with bitches imouto.
Oct 7, 2019 1:20 AM
Aug 2018
made in abyss..
i won't recommend to all coz most of the people thinks it's just a kids show with a cute looking chibi MC
bakayarou konoyarou
Oct 7, 2019 1:25 AM

Aug 2018
For people who have tried PMMM, Rebellion; though for me it has the #1 ending in anime, I seriously get worried sick when someone I know intends to check it xD

Other than that, certain anime with an intense dementia + psychological element, such as Perfect Blue and Paranoia Agent. Also, Shinsekai Yori because of its budget issues, homoeroticism and slow-burn execution.
KrankastelOct 7, 2019 1:39 AM
Oct 7, 2019 1:35 AM

Oct 2017
JustAnAnimeList said:
Kill la Kill.

As a huge TTGL fan, Kill la Kill holds a special place in my heart, but it's incredibly hard to recommend it to anyone, even seasoned anime fans. The "ecchiness" of the show seems to be a huge turn off for a lot people, then there's also the fact that it's a pretty weird and over the top anime.
Okmaido said:
made in abyss..
i won't recommend to all coz most of the people thinks it's just a kids show with a cute looking chibi MC

Both of them wide public appeal + easy recommandation really lolz..
Over-the-top action has been a trend for most popular anime.
Made in Abyss first episode alone is good enough to attract most audience.
Oct 7, 2019 1:45 AM

May 2015
diabolik lovers, free!, and prison school
Oct 7, 2019 3:04 AM

Nov 2018
Dome x Kano-I really liked reading manga. I really impressed by the story. It's my most fav. Bit there is too much ecchi stuff. So obviously I don't recommend any one.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Oct 7, 2019 3:18 AM

Oct 2018
Tadito said:

That’s the exact same as me. I remember first watching on YouTube in crappy quality thinking it was amazing. Nowadays I know that it’s typical trash, but it still holds a special place in my heart.

Oct 7, 2019 3:21 AM
May 2019
I agree with you about Digimon Adventure it was the first anime that I ever saw so it has a special place in my heart. Still the best isekai imo.

Angels Egg is another anime that I like that I wouldn't recommend to casual viewers, it's very subtle and it's symbolism can easily go over their heads.

Star-Storm said:
Definitely Paranoia Agent and Serial Experiments Lain. Not a lot of psychological stuff like that is too popular sadly.

Yeah psychological genre is easily the most underrated one.
Oct 7, 2019 3:21 AM

Dec 2018
Fairy Tail...not everyone loves or understands the power of friendship bs but it's my very first anime when I got into this wonderful hobby. Pretty freaking sad when the manga ended now the anime also ended ;-; (but I rather keep it that way than be like naruto...)

"O kawaii koto"
( ´• แด— •` )

I wish i could love myself~

Oct 7, 2019 5:46 AM
May 2019
Record of Lodoss War
There's not much people who's interested in this anime that's why I might not recommend this one to others. This anime was definitely has a special place for my heart. It's a relic from the past that holds an RPG-like concept. It reminds me of my all-time favorite MMORPG which is Ragnarok. It's almost similar and this similarity was what makes this anime made a special place for my heart. The animation's old plus the plot looks mediocre and prevalent. A typical plot and animation for a classic anime.
Oct 7, 2019 5:54 AM
Jul 2018
Ventus_S said:

This series (especially the older ones) is dimmed "too childish" for current anime community's standard that I probably wouldn't recommend people to watch, especially the western audience. (Also the dub sucks, and western audience would probably just watch the dub version and ruin all the emotional investment in it)
For example, sub op of Digimon first season is way better than that shit done by the U.S. dub company.

Fun thing is that some children series are more mature than many series that are prefered by adults.

I'd name some adventure / battle shounen I love, especially Inuyasha and D.Gray-man because there are fillers. Also others, if they already have a negative opinion about these.
Oct 7, 2019 6:03 AM
Jan 2017
JaredLopez said:
Oregairu.

It's still one of my (if not) favorite anime. However:

- it does feature a lot of your usual LN/Romcom tropes.
- It can be a little too overdramatic at times.
- animation can be really bad.
- it won't satisfy those looking for a series that deal with the issues that Oregairu deals with in a more detailed and profound way. Personally, I love how the author approaches such themes but most people find it lacking.

I love Oregairu, I love the characters, the comedy, the romance in it, and as I said before, I like how it deals with themes such as Social Awkwardness, Codependency, Self-isolation,etc.

This series resonated with me so much back when I first watched it and it still does. But because it's so personal to me, I don't usually recommend it very often.
I was about to mention Oregairu too! You took the words right out of my mouth. I wasn't that interested in romcom before watching Oregairu. And additionally,I also use d to have this anti-romance kinda thinking so watching Hachiman made me feel relatable. Oregairu will remain as one of my fav anime.
Oct 7, 2019 6:04 AM

Jun 2019
ylia, it'll make you depressed for like a week or so
Oct 7, 2019 6:14 AM

Dec 2015
Monogatari serie.

A huge amount of battleshounen guys especially from the Facebook communitys woud never have the braincells to understand what is going on and why it's so appealing for a huge amount of the community.

I woud never recommend it to poeple from x community at facebook as they only have battleshounen in the head.

Even if I wish they woud give it a go, it woud be impossible.
In the end they woud just write a dumb review and make a post about it.

Maria-Sama is one of the best shoujo's but it's a show I woud not recommend to poeple if I didn't know thier taste before hand. It's a very special show and very shoujo heavy, it's a huge turn of for a lot of poeple.

Oct 7, 2019 6:23 AM

May 2018
Doukyuusei, it's shounen ai so many people are not interested in it and I won't recommend it, but I think it was a very beautiful movie.
DRAMAtical Murder, I won't recommend it because the plot in kinda difficult to follow and it has some BL vibes to it.
Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau, some people will find it boring and the art is quite different from other shows. I like it, because it's one of the first anime shows I've ever watched and I found it interesting.
Oct 7, 2019 6:39 AM

Jul 2019
Mirai Nikki. I absolutly loved it and had a really good time watching it. I'm so glad I wasn't spoiled on anything. The thing is, I don't know if I can recommend it to anyone, since the main reasons I loved it are: Yuno, other crazy characters and plot twists. So... yeah. X)
Life is a despicable endurance race
Oct 7, 2019 7:38 AM

Oct 2017
Maneki-Mew said:
Ventus_S said:

Fun thing is that some children series are more mature than many series that are prefered by adults.

I'd name some adventure / battle shounen I love, especially Inuyasha and D.Gray-man because there are fillers. Also others, if they already have a negative opinion about these.

Well it is not up for me to decide what norms like, and what norms decide what is mature or not.
You can easily show those clips to the current gen teenager~ young adult or even your mom, and they'd instantly think you're childish for watching "cartoon" like that.

The fact that Mal rated that abomination of Digimon Tri higher than Season 1 Digimon further proven my point. (Just because the mcs grow up to high school does not make the theme more mature. Digimon Tri is a dumpster fire with no clear message they want to present and train-wreck storytelling and character building)
Oct 7, 2019 7:51 AM
Sep 2019

Definitely Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters for me. It's a show that I watch religiously when I was a kid. I collected all the cards and the merch and stuff, even. About three years ago, I sorta felt nostalgic for it and tried rewatching it. I didn't remember it being so corny lol

Don't get me wrong. I still had a little fun, mostly from nostalgia. I got through the Duelist Kingdom season and a little over halfway through the Battle City season, but after that, I realized that it's one of those things that best left as a memory.

It's fun for sure. But 23-yo me is just looking for something else, I guess.
Ya boy is going to Con Alt Delete 2020! See you there!

Oct 7, 2019 7:55 AM

Apr 2017
Zero no Tsukaima was my first isekai and it is my favorite anime of all time.

There isn't an anime that I love as much as it, still, I will definitely not recommend it to everyone.
Oct 7, 2019 8:02 AM
Mar 2019
Ping Pong the Animation, because of the artstyle, mostly. I dont mind it (it's ugly, but it gives the show a very unique look) but i know it can be too ugly for a lot of people
Oct 7, 2019 8:19 AM
Nov 2018
Food Wars
It was my first anime and to this day one of my very favorites
The reason I wouldn’t recommend it is because if you’ve seen the show you would know there is sometimes an uncomfortable amount of ecchiness and nudity in a lot of scenes
For that reason I wouldn’t recommend it to just anyone because then I would look very strange to them
Oct 7, 2019 8:56 AM
Jul 2018
Ventus_S said:
JustAnAnimeList said:
Kill la Kill.

Okmaido said:
made in abyss..

Both of them wide public appeal + easy recommandation really lolz..
Over-the-top action has been a trend for most popular anime.
Made in Abyss first episode alone is good enough to attract most audience.

Not true at all. Just because they were somewhat popular when they aired it doesn't mean they have a broad appeal or are easy to recommend. Both of these anime had a lot of people shitting on them for a myriad of reasons when they came out.

A lot of people are put off by the "moefied" characters and the gore in Made in Abyss just like a lot of people are put off by the excessive (albeit justified) fan service in Kill la Kill, and those are just a few examples why they're not easy to recommend at all.
Oct 7, 2019 8:59 AM
Aug 2018
Boko no pico. For some odd reason, others don't like it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

wow so rude, atleast sign your name when you yeet my signature

heres a big picture smh

Oct 7, 2019 10:20 AM

Aug 2018
jing King of Bandits

The original manga was like my gateway (not including pokemon, dbz, yu-gi-oh and digimon) to anime/manga all the way back in 2004 after I picked them up at a local book store. Many people just dismiss the series as childish meaningless adventures but the series does have deeper themes to its art and stories. I would also say that for the most part episodic and anthology based series struggle to go mainstream, of course with a few exceptions like Kino's Journey and mushishi.

The other would be Eat-Man.

This series and it sequel Eat-Man 98 has that really 90's edgy style and feel to it. I borrowed the VHS boxset years ago and I enjoyed so much I bought it off my friend. Though I never recommend to people because like Jing king of Bandits, most people don't enjoy episodic series. Also the manga is better as it actually has an ending.
Oct 7, 2019 10:54 AM

Dec 2008
I wouldn't recommend Shugo Chara cause it has it's flaws, production wise (animation is not always great) and execution wise (some things about the story and characters are pretty bad and can be repulsive). Also its childish, as most mahou shoujo anime are, but not everyone are a fan of the traditional magical girl story type. It was my favorite when I was like 12, but growing up I realized how questionable some relationships are, and how weird are some things that happens in the story. Still I cherish it and thinks about it every now and then, its unforgettable to me.

Oct 7, 2019 11:04 AM
Jul 2018
addy-noven said:
AnimeWeebooTrash said:
Zankyou No Terror. I wouldn't recommend it to Normies because it requires a bit of thinking and not enough plot armor.

yes, and music in that anime is epic too
Thank you for posting this song. Never a bad time to listen to some Zankyou no Terror tracks.

OP: Mine would be Kamisama Hajimemashita. It doesn't have ecchi fanservice but definitely features fanservice for female audiences in the form of a pretty fox boy. The comedy is silly, but fun, too.
Oct 7, 2019 11:13 AM

Jul 2013
-Monogatari: This one speaks for itself. Monogatari is my favorite anime, and I love practically everything about it, but I can understand why some people wouldn't like it. Between the strange presentation the series has (especially in Bakemonogatari, that is the first installment of the franchise and the first look the viewer will have of the series) with the head tilts, weird animation and the sudden artsyle changes, coupled with the lengthy dialogues that would bore many and the sexual scenes involving lolis, incest and other stuff, I really can see why someone would be uninterested or uncomfortable watching it. I may recommend it to someone who has watched a fair amount of anime, but never to a newcomer who only watched shounens.

-Katanagatari: For similar reasons as Monogatari (not in vain they're written by the same author), just with a less outlandish presentation. Also, considering how much dialogue has for an anime with such "action-oriented" premise (the fight scenes except for the ones of the final episode are quite short and are ridden with tons of talking more often than not), it would probably throw a lot of people off. There’s also the artstyle, which many would label as too childish or too cartoony for their liking (I love the artstyle of Katanagatari, btw).

-Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei: Again, it has all the weirdness from Shaft (and has more than early Monogatari, even) coupled with heavy Japanese-oriented comedy and references that Westerners viewers probably will not get, so, even if I like the series and its comedy, it’s not something I would recommend to anyone, especially casual audiences.

-Mayoiga: Despite the bad reputation the anime has, I love Mayoiga a lot, with all its fails and dumb stuff (and I think the message of the anime was good, but was overshadowed by all the stupid shit that happens in the first episodes). But, seeing how negatively most people reacted to it, coupled with the fact that most users tend to only enjoy it ironically, I wouldn't recommend the series to anyone unless they have some sense of humor.

-D.Gray-man: This one is more or less fine, as it is a standard battle shounen with a plot easy to follow (at least by the point where the first anime ended) in the likes of Naruto, Dragon Ball, Bleach... The thing is, considering that neither of the animated series have closure and the manga is being published each 100 years, I don't think anyone would be interested in it anymore in this era where more popular shounens have appeared in the industry, especially since the current part of the manga is a clusterfuck where you have to read the entire arc again to understand what the hell is going on in the series. And I don't wish anyone the painful feeling of waiting forever for a new manga chapter, tbh.
IllyricusOct 9, 2019 1:02 AM
Oct 7, 2019 11:28 AM
Feb 2019
Monogatari Series is the best-crafted story that I've experienced in my life, but I can't recommend it for someone who just started watching anime.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts.

Pinoffin - 55 minutes ago

19 by Pinoffin »»
23 seconds ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

128 by -YaoiBoy- »»
13 minutes ago

» โ„๏ธ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

213 by Catalano »»
15 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - 5 hours ago

28 by -Ryu »»
16 minutes ago

» Favorite characters you think are Sadist, Masochist, or Switch

IpreferEcchi - 1 hour ago

2 by IpreferEcchi »»
20 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.