Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Keishichou Tokumubu Tokushu Kyouakuhan Taisakushitsu Dainanaka: Tokunana Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 6, 2019 11:03 PM

Mar 2016
The cover art was beautiful, but I wasn't expecting the actual anime's art being this good.

The characters are likeable so far.

I thought this would be more like Psycho Pass, but it's more similar to Double Decker. Although, the art makes it look like this will get dark quite soon.

I had only decided to watch this because I'd liked the cover art and I had also thought the guy in its centre looked kind of nice, so I was worried I wouldn't like this anime. So far, I enjoyed it!
Oct 7, 2019 1:49 AM

Jul 2012
It's kind of the typical anime lol but that's not a bad thing for me. It was easily digestible and fun.

I'm pretty sure the OG detective that the MC met is now the villain of the series, as usual how the tropes play out. He was voiced by Matsuoka Yoshitsugu I recall.
EDIT: I'm pretty sure that was him in the last scene after ending credits!

Much better than Cop Craft thank god LMAO

If you guys want something more serious, check out Babylon from this season!
Oct 7, 2019 2:33 AM
Aug 2018
Despite being devoid of logic, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Can't wait for the next episode!
Oct 7, 2019 2:58 AM

Jan 2015
People keep comparing this to Cop Craft and I find that pretty insulting since the art/animation wasn't as terrible as that show was. Show's pretty alright so far and is keeping me entertained enough.

Also side note, that sniper man is hot af and I can't wait for all the bara fanarts. ;)
Oct 7, 2019 3:08 AM
Jan 2019
so how did he survive from that bullet? is he wearing a vest? why it seems he got shot and died?
Oct 7, 2019 3:50 AM

May 2009
Haven't watched much anime like this. It felt very much like Kekkai Sensen, but with less interesting (individual) characters and worldbuilding.
I really don't like the logic in this anime. An example being the MC talking to the police through his earplug within a tiny space where no one else noticed.

However it has only been one rushed 'gotta get this mc into the group' type of episode so I will give it 2 more episodes to develop into something more interesting
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Oct 7, 2019 4:23 AM

Jul 2017
Emiya Shirou but a cop
Oct 7, 2019 7:09 AM

May 2012
Good episode

Deserve at least 7 score
Oct 7, 2019 8:30 AM

Jun 2013
That was a good episode and the OP is awesome
Oct 7, 2019 10:02 AM
Sep 2015
It doesn't care to be original as it's confident a dozen of hot men will compensate for it. Originality is not sellable, hot men is.
Oct 7, 2019 4:05 PM
May 2015
It was a decent start.

The story isn't too original, but the characters do look interesting enough to maybe keep it going. The animation looks crisp and stylish.

Anyway, will check out more and hope it's worthwhile.
Oct 7, 2019 5:00 PM

Jul 2017
Am I the only one confused by the "supernatural" part? I mean, besides the lady snapping the bullets with a sword and the guy surviving a 100km/h+- fall from a vehicle, I didn't see anything out of the 'natural' part.
But I guess that explains the guy with pointing ears.
Oct 7, 2019 6:34 PM

Oct 2016
-Introduction was interesting enough.
-OP was average (a bit too Hollywood for my taste).
-I adore Urban Fantasy settings, so I really hope this show can give off some of the vibes I'm hoping for.
-The way the narration was working was pretty cool and the OST accompanying it did a terrific job.
>That grenade scene at the bank.
See, this "Hollywood" stuff is bothering me. Exaggerated explosions are always annoying.
-If in the end, the black-haired guy turns out to be the one that saved the protagonist all those years back, I'm gonna be pissed.
-The logic behind finding out whether the protagonist was an accomplice to the criminals or not was kind of weird. It seemed off. He could tell in 5 seconds? Come on now...
>"Dying in the line of duty means a two-rank promotion."
I'm liking the humor in this anime so far.
>He DODGED the bullet.
This better be explained later, and it better have a damn good explanation. That was so stupid. One of the worst asspulls I think I've ever come across (if we don't get an explanation for it). I would've even preferred the whole "good thing I hid those magazines in my shirt" crap.
>"No justice is worth sacrificing people for!"
This guy must not know what war is.
>That whole chanting about "Nine" scene.
Looks like we've got the creepy cult for the show. This could go a number of ways, and I hope it doesn't choose the cliché Police TV series route.
-The whole bullet-cutting-with-katana thing makes me feel a little better about the bullet dodging thing. If multiple characters have unique powers, it won't bother me. Obviously, a normal human wouldn't be able to dodge a bullet, so obviously they'll explain it with some kind of power. This would only bother me if he was the only one with it. It looks like it may end up otherwise.
-And so we've got our team of rag-tag cops together.
It wasn't bad, to be honest. The CGI was horrific, and there were a few weird moments, but overall, it was an enjoyable first episode. I really enjoyed the progression of solving the mystery of who was the criminal. Still, I'm just giving it a 5 for now. Next episode may change my mind!
I'm excited to see what direction this show will take. Like I said, I love Urban Fantasy settings, so I hope this ends up being at least good!

Zyukichan said:
Haven't watched much anime like this. It felt very much like Kekkai Sensen, but with less interesting (individual) characters and worldbuilding.
I really don't like the logic in this anime. An example being the MC talking to the police through his earplug within a tiny space where no one else noticed.

However it has only been one rushed 'gotta get this mc into the group' type of episode so I will give it 2 more episodes to develop into something more interesting

Yeah, the whole "everyone around the protagonist is practically deaf" thing is always annoying. I have no idea why it is such a common sight.

Oct 7, 2019 8:35 PM
Jul 2018
one of the worst direction and script I've ever seen to the point gave me headache. Everything looks so empty and lifeless. Feels like the director is way too new and very incompetent.
Oct 7, 2019 9:14 PM
Feb 2012
this is the type of anime you forget immediately after completing it
probably the only thing that might stand out about it is the long ass title when you are scrolling through your list
Oct 7, 2019 9:23 PM

Jan 2015
A nice opening with most of the main characters briefly introduced. Looks one to keep an eye on this season.

Sad how the score is already under 7 so a lot of people who filter by score might not even pick it up.
Oct 7, 2019 10:53 PM
Jul 2018
Vampires, elves and crime investigations?

Count me in.
Oct 8, 2019 6:41 AM

Aug 2018
Groundwork's been lain in the first episode, so we should see more development from here on out. It looks like it has good potential, all that's left is to sit back and watch to see where it goes.
Oct 8, 2019 8:29 AM

Jan 2017
So this is basicly Cop Craft 2.0 with better art but worst story and intro ripped of from Fate Stay/Night...
Oct 8, 2019 9:42 AM

Nov 2009
Not bad, but I'm cautious about those fantasy elements (el es, vampires, etc) because while Coo Craft, a predessesor of this, seemingly had all the right stuff to work well, it just didn't, probably because the elements just didn't click together right, the result being not abyssmal, but still utterly forgetable and mediocre at best.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Oct 8, 2019 12:43 PM

Aug 2014
Looks promising so far. I hope it gets better.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Oct 8, 2019 4:27 PM

May 2019
This is basically Double Decker! Doug & Kirill but with an attempt at being more serious and dramatic. I like it so far.

A lot of police anime this season.
Oct 8, 2019 5:04 PM
Mar 2018
I love Ichinose, I dislike Seiji, and the rest of them have been forced into tropes that supposedly should make them interesting but really don't. That said, I actually enjoyed the episode a little bit and I will undoubtedly watch the series to the end. It feels a little like Double-decker! Doug and Krill.
Oct 8, 2019 6:50 PM

Apr 2015
I think it is interesting how the first episode had nothing really to do with supernatural related powers when the show seems to be about that. The situation itself was very cliche, underwhelming, and nothing too special (which I guess could be good and bad depending on the context). Overall, the episode was enjoyable, but I do see how the show could turn out to be subpar. I am still interested to see where they take this show, but it kind of gives me BSD vibes...I mean, the op is made by OLDCODEX so :)

Although we part as I leave for Inaba,
where pines grow on the moutain peaks
If I am to hear that you pine for me
I shall come back to you again
Hyakunin Isshu (小倉百人一首):
Poem #16 "Tachiwakare"
©
Oct 8, 2019 10:06 PM

Jul 2016
Well, it seems I found my replacement for last season's "Cop Craft". However, that said, I just hope the squad (or the main duo at least) can have the same enjoyable chemistry both Kei and Tilarna had.

Decent start overall, nothing too special but entertaining nevertheless. So far, I really like the artstyle and the plot, though generic, might be promising later on. But of course, all will depend on how the studio will manage the development of both characters and storytelling.
Oct 9, 2019 12:58 AM

May 2009
coreynj said:
It frustrates me that people are comparing this to Cop Craft when this is much more comparable to Kekkai Sensen or Bungou Stray Dogs.

Seems like anime fandom has memory of goldfish OR seasonal change of audience is this big.
Oct 9, 2019 4:18 PM

Apr 2015
I love this type of anime, the story can be really fun and the ost is great.

Omg people stop comparing this with cop craft, people didn't watch Kekkai Sensei or Hataka TR? It much more like. Besides the VAs there is nothing like CC.
Oct 9, 2019 6:21 PM

Mar 2009
Though buddy cop and just simply cop/detective anime have been around forever, it certainly feels like there's been a huge resurgence lately. Not a trend I dislike at all, so the more the merrier.

I agree with a lot of people in this thread that called the first episode kind of dull, unfortunately. Much more interested in the side-cast, especially badass sword lady.
Oct 9, 2019 6:33 PM
Phantom Thief

Jan 2012
coreynj said:
It frustrates me that people are comparing this to Cop Craft when this is much more comparable to Kekkai Sensen or Bungou Stray Dogs.

Dude i totally agree,

Cop craft was completely different from this. Its just cause it aired last season and its still on everyones minds (even though it wasnt that good)

This seems more laidback then and supernatural detective show...
I wonder what genre it will focus on action, supernatural, psychological, etc.
Oct 9, 2019 8:40 PM
Jan 2019
Last season we had "Cop Craft", and this new season brought us this police anime of dectectives and fantasy. In addition to Cop Craft, this reminds me a little of the anime "Double Decker: Doug & Kirill" also of detectives.
The first episode was not the most exciting, but it was not bad. I loved the scene where the vampire detective woman stops the bullets with her sword, it was great. The animation is decent, it excels in action scenes. I will give this anime a chance.
Oct 9, 2019 9:55 PM

Mar 2012
There has been a havoc. Everywhere is burning. Bad guys are approaching as they shoot around.

Under these situation, a policeman stops by a random middle school boy to have a calm and long conversation about his future plans.

Sorry for fans but, I am passing this nonsense.
Oct 9, 2019 9:56 PM

Mar 2012
There has been a havoc. Everywhere is burning. Bad guys are approaching as they shoot around.

Under these situation, a policeman stops by a random middle school boy to have a calm and long conversation about his future plans.

Sorry to fans but, I am passing this nonsense.
Oct 10, 2019 4:42 AM
Oct 2017
Well that wasn't entertaining.
Oct 10, 2019 11:11 AM

Oct 2016
Cop Craft with the main character of Mayonaka no Occult Koumuin doing the same paper (a lost character with the world crumbling around him) and Saeko Busujima as guests.

"If there is something that most do not realize and someone can, it does not mean that it does not exist. Just not revealed ..."
Oct 11, 2019 3:12 AM
Oct 11, 2019 5:27 AM

Sep 2019
This feels very... I don't know whether to call it "overboard" or "overdramatic". Both character and designs feel almost like too much, and I can't tell if it's on purpose or accidental.

The MC is naive to a Shirou degree and has some eyes to reflect that, the sketchy/expert detective who seems to not care about anything, and the vampire girl who wears a dress and heels who fights with a sword.

I don't know why, but I like the colouring/style. Maybe because it looks sharp? Either way, overall, I'll give it a bit more of a go, but it was fine. Maybe they're luring us into false expectations but go completely different? ('Cause MC-kun took a bullet and didn't friggin die)

"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Oct 11, 2019 11:02 AM

May 2009
Kinda meh, aside from vampire cougar
Oct 12, 2019 5:06 AM
Aug 2018
I definitely like the setting, but I can also understand why one wouldn't like this show. Its humor is kind of childish, speaking of childish, the protagonist seems to be a child in adult form, which might ruin the show for some.

The other characters seem cool so far, I'm gonna keep watching because of the setting.
Also, the foreshadowing at the end was less hype than it should've been I think.
Oct 12, 2019 9:35 AM
Aug 2018
Premise: I haven't watched any of the shows this anime is being compared to.

It looked fine enough a start for me, and I really like the drawings' style. I can't really say it was good but it kept my interest enough to warrant continue watching it. It's still too early to judge the setting and the characters anyway for me.
Oct 12, 2019 11:19 AM
Aug 2017
I'm into it, I love over the top shit and the premise gives me Kekkai Sensen vibes but instead of interdimensional monsters and blood magic we have elves, dwarves and vampires hoping I enjoy this show like the other 3 detection/mystery based shows going on this season
Oct 13, 2019 12:40 AM
Mar 2012
lol the exaggerated dialogue. Emiya gets saved in fire, decides to be an Ally of Justice, and he's still baka even here.
Mayonaka, Bem, Double Decker & Cop Craft failed in various ways so I'm no longer looking forward to fantasy crime shows. 7 has sharp designs and all seem non annoying besides Emiya. Maybe it'll differentiate itself.
Oct 13, 2019 7:26 AM

Oct 2013
Hahaha I'm getting a hit tired of hearing kenjiro...
Similar feel like double decker and occult...

i like investigation plots so why not...
Oct 14, 2019 4:51 PM

Aug 2018
New Characters old atmosphere...gives of Cop Craft and Double Decker vibes, it caught my attention i'll continue watching
"People who mostly ignore your existence are in no position to assess you." - Ken Kaneki/One Eyed King
Oct 29, 2019 1:20 AM

Sep 2017
very interesting episode. the characters seem cool.
Apr 10, 2020 6:04 AM

Jul 2015
Interesting start, the world reminds me of cop craft while the team sort of reminds me of Kekkai Sensen

I really think Seiji is not a normal human, surviving that shot to the stomache and the flashback to his past, he definitely has some superpower

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Keishichou Tokumubu Tokushu Kyouakuhan Taisakushitsu Dainanaka: Tokunana Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2019

19 by HikariShoumeiron »»
Jul 24, 2022 8:00 PM

Poll: » Keishichou Tokumubu Tokushu Kyouakuhan Taisakushitsu Dainanaka: Tokunana Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2019

13 by Hancock23 »»
Jul 22, 2021 5:26 PM

Poll: » Keishichou Tokumubu Tokushu Kyouakuhan Taisakushitsu Dainanaka: Tokunana Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2019

11 by Hancock23 »»
Jul 22, 2021 4:57 PM

Poll: » Keishichou Tokumubu Tokushu Kyouakuhan Taisakushitsu Dainanaka: Tokunana Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2019

17 by Hancock23 »»
Jul 22, 2021 2:36 PM

Poll: » Keishichou Tokumubu Tokushu Kyouakuhan Taisakushitsu Dainanaka: Tokunana Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2019

23 by Hancock23 »»
Jul 22, 2021 2:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.