Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha' Gets TV Anime

Oct 6, 4:22 AM
News Team
Overkilled Red

The Dengeki Bunko Aki no Namahousou Festival event announced a television anime adaptation of Shuu's Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou (The Misfit of Demon King Academy: History's Strongest Demon King Reincarnates and Goes to School with His Descendants) light novel on Sunday.

Voice actor Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Sora no Otoshimono, Nanatsu no Taizai) will star as the protagonist Anoth Voldigord.

Synopsis
Anoth, the Demon King of Tyranny, has defeated humans, spirits, and gods alike. But even demon kings get tired of all the fighting sometimes! Hoping for a more peaceful life, Anoth decides to reincarnate himself. When he wakes two thousand years later, though, he finds the world has become too peaceful—his descendants have grown weak and magic is in serious decline.

Intending to reclaim his rightful place, he enrolls in Demon King Academy, where he finds that his magical power is off the charts. Literally. And because they can't measure his power, the faculty and other students regard Anoth as a misfit. With the support of Misha, the one student he manages to befriend, the misfit (Demon King) begins his climb up the demon ranks! (Source: Square Enix USA, edited)

Shuu launched the fantasy magic action series on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in April 2017. Dengeki Bunko began printing the novel with illustrations by Yoshinori Shizuma (Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho, Toji no Miko) in March 2018. Kadokawa will publish the tenth volume on Thursday. Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha has a cumulative 850,000 copies of its volumes in print.

A manga adaptation by Haruka Kaya has been serialized in Manga UP! web magazine since last July. Square Enix shipped the second volume on May 10, with the third volume also scheduled for a Thursday release.

Square Enix licensed the manga in English under its new Manga & Books imprint this past July. The first volume is scheduled to go on sale on April 28, 2020.

Official site: https://maohgakuin.com/
Official Twitter: @maohgakuin
Novel special site: https://dengekibunko.jp/special/maougakuin/

Source: Dengeki Online
Modified by Vindstot, Oct 6, 3:04 PM

Oct 6, 4:40 AM

Cool
Now we get another badass OP MC
"Just because I’ve gotten weaker, it doesn’t mean that you got stronger, right?"

Oct 6, 4:46 AM

more garbage harems to avoid :>

Oct 6, 4:48 AM

Can't say I'm fully impressed just yet but I'll keep an eye on this for sure!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 6, 4:58 AM
Ok, what's next? Demon king plumber? I'm getting tired of all these demon king shits these recent years, can't Japan think about a more original villain type? Do most of them even command any demons or is that just a title?

Oct 6, 5:25 AM

Oh, for fuck's sake...
Stone Ocean adaption when?

Oct 6, 5:30 AM
Wow, that looks atrocious, unless the anime has some insane production values imma stick with the manga's superior art.

Oct 6, 5:35 AM

Sigh.. Nothing new, yet i'll still watch it because i like my trashy harem anime. So it will be something similar to Infinite Stratos, Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut, Seireitsukai no Blade Dance, etc, as a battle harem (i think) in an academy setting. Well, more entertainment, i'll take it

Oct 6, 6:32 AM
Isekai/LN Weirdo

I have heard of this one. I might check this one out (hopefully its designs are more like the lns and not the manga art style)

Oct 6, 6:39 AM

This is just your regular battle school harem repackaged to get some juice of the Reincarnation/Isekai trend. The author is not even trying to be original.

Oct 6, 7:20 AM

They are fascinated to see how the authors of the light novel write the same old story only by adding very superficial elements that in the end are irrelevant to the development of it?

Oct 6, 7:27 AM

I like this manga. Awesome

Oct 6, 7:41 AM
Otherworldly

fullmetalmasify said:
I have heard of this one. I might check this one out (hopefully its designs are more like the lns and not the manga art style)

what manga art is much better

Oct 6, 7:42 AM
Otherworldly

anyway I have a hype for this. Demon Lord + twin waifu is a perfect combo

Oct 6, 7:55 AM

hell yeah more op protagonist / harem.. hopefully there's little to none ecchi, and minimal drama.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Oct 6, 7:55 AM
Man i have read the manga recently and it was good ,hype for this adaptation

Oct 6, 8:26 AM

More power fantasy anime I like to enjoy, nice!

Oct 6, 9:28 AM

The manga is good. Please do read it before judging. It is not your typical battle academy harem.
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.

Oct 6, 9:32 AM
As soon as I saw the image, the character aesthetics reminded me of Toji no Miko, and sure enough, the illustrator is the guy who did the character designs for that.

Oct 6, 10:48 AM

AdrianRubinsky said:
This is just your regular battle school harem repackaged to get some juice of the Reincarnation/Isekai trend. The author is not even trying to be original.

It's just tensei. The MC reincarnate in the same world.

RayReynolds said:
They are fascinated to see how the authors of the light novel write the same old story only by adding very superficial elements that in the end are irrelevant to the development of it?

Read or research more about light novels, anime-only. Your knowledgeable is weak.

Oct 6, 12:41 PM

ItsXolo said:
As soon as I saw the image, the character aesthetics reminded me of Toji no Miko, and sure enough, the illustrator is the guy who did the character designs for that.

The difference this time is unlike Toji, Maou Gakuin has quite a few male characters too instead of an all-female cast. ( Light Novel )
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.

Oct 11, 12:51 PM
WaterLord said:
Sigh.. Nothing new, yet i'll still watch it because i like my trashy harem anime. So it will be something similar to Infinite Stratos, Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut, Seireitsukai no Blade Dance, etc, as a battle harem (i think) in an academy setting. Well, more entertainment, i'll take it

hahahhah, comparing those shitty harems with dense mc to this one is too much for me. Mc have cool personality, girls aren't falling for him like in those you mentioned, I only read 12 chapters of manga so I don't have that much knowledge how it turns out but I'm pretty hyped for it (tactical: sorry for bad english)

Oct 11, 1:41 PM

Rafaeaeru-san said:
WaterLord said:

hahahhah, comparing those shitty harems with dense mc to this one is too much for me. Mc have cool personality, girls aren't falling for him like in those you mentioned, I only read 12 chapters of manga so I don't have that much knowledge how it turns out but I'm pretty hyped for it (tactical: sorry for bad english)
In case you didn't notice or didn't read well, i was comparing the settings of those anime, not the MC's (i didn't even mention them lmao).