Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha' Gets TV Anime

#1
Oct 6, 4:22 AM
News Team
Overkilled Red

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 6153
The Dengeki Bunko Aki no Namahousou Festival event announced a television anime adaptation of Shuu's Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou (The Misfit of Demon King Academy: History's Strongest Demon King Reincarnates and Goes to School with His Descendants) light novel on Sunday.

Voice actor Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Sora no Otoshimono, Nanatsu no Taizai) will star as the protagonist Anoth Voldigord.

Synopsis
Anoth, the Demon King of Tyranny, has defeated humans, spirits, and gods alike. But even demon kings get tired of all the fighting sometimes! Hoping for a more peaceful life, Anoth decides to reincarnate himself. When he wakes two thousand years later, though, he finds the world has become too peaceful—his descendants have grown weak and magic is in serious decline.

Intending to reclaim his rightful place, he enrolls in Demon King Academy, where he finds that his magical power is off the charts. Literally. And because they can't measure his power, the faculty and other students regard Anoth as a misfit. With the support of Misha, the one student he manages to befriend, the misfit (Demon King) begins his climb up the demon ranks! (Source: Square Enix USA, edited)

Shuu launched the fantasy magic action series on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in April 2017. Dengeki Bunko began printing the novel with illustrations by Yoshinori Shizuma (Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho, Toji no Miko) in March 2018. Kadokawa will publish the tenth volume on Thursday. Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha has a cumulative 850,000 copies of its volumes in print.

A manga adaptation by Haruka Kaya has been serialized in Manga UP! web magazine since last July. Square Enix shipped the second volume on May 10, with the third volume also scheduled for a Thursday release.

Square Enix licensed the manga in English under its new Manga & Books imprint this past July. The first volume is scheduled to go on sale on April 28, 2020.

Official site: https://maohgakuin.com/
Official Twitter: @maohgakuin
Novel special site: https://dengekibunko.jp/special/maougakuin/

Source: Dengeki Online
Modified by Vindstot, Oct 6, 3:04 PM
 
#2
Oct 6, 4:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 68
Cool
Now we get another badass OP MC
"Just because I’ve gotten weaker, it doesn’t mean that you got stronger, right?"
 
#3
Oct 6, 4:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 5966
more garbage harems to avoid :>
 
#4
Oct 6, 4:48 AM

Online
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 3132
Can't say I'm fully impressed just yet but I'll keep an eye on this for sure!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni


 
#5
Oct 6, 4:58 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 331
Ok, what's next? Demon king plumber? I'm getting tired of all these demon king shits these recent years, can't Japan think about a more original villain type? Do most of them even command any demons or is that just a title?
 
#6
Oct 6, 5:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 5402
Oh, for fuck's sake...
Stone Ocean adaption when?
 
#7
Oct 6, 5:30 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 739
Wow, that looks atrocious, unless the anime has some insane production values imma stick with the manga's superior art.
 
#8
Oct 6, 5:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 781
Sigh.. Nothing new, yet i'll still watch it because i like my trashy harem anime. So it will be something similar to Infinite Stratos, Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut, Seireitsukai no Blade Dance, etc, as a battle harem (i think) in an academy setting. Well, more entertainment, i'll take it
 
#9
Oct 6, 6:32 AM
Isekai/LN Weirdo

Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 117
I have heard of this one. I might check this one out (hopefully its designs are more like the lns and not the manga art style)
 
Oct 6, 6:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 774
This is just your regular battle school harem repackaged to get some juice of the Reincarnation/Isekai trend. The author is not even trying to be original.



 
Oct 6, 7:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 194
They are fascinated to see how the authors of the light novel write the same old story only by adding very superficial elements that in the end are irrelevant to the development of it?
 
Oct 6, 7:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 833
I like this manga. Awesome
 
Oct 6, 7:41 AM
Otherworldly

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 1133
fullmetalmasify said:
I have heard of this one. I might check this one out (hopefully its designs are more like the lns and not the manga art style)


what manga art is much better
 
Oct 6, 7:42 AM
Otherworldly

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 1133
anyway I have a hype for this. Demon Lord + twin waifu is a perfect combo
 
Oct 6, 7:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 12892
hell yeah more op protagonist / harem.. hopefully there's little to none ecchi, and minimal drama.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
 
Oct 6, 7:55 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2
Man i have read the manga recently and it was good ,hype for this adaptation
 
Oct 6, 8:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 37
More power fantasy anime I like to enjoy, nice!
 
Oct 6, 9:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 225
The manga is good. Please do read it before judging. It is not your typical battle academy harem.
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.
 
Oct 6, 9:32 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 720
As soon as I saw the image, the character aesthetics reminded me of Toji no Miko, and sure enough, the illustrator is the guy who did the character designs for that.
 
Oct 6, 10:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 1123
AdrianRubinsky said:
This is just your regular battle school harem repackaged to get some juice of the Reincarnation/Isekai trend. The author is not even trying to be original.





It's just tensei. The MC reincarnate in the same world.

RayReynolds said:
They are fascinated to see how the authors of the light novel write the same old story only by adding very superficial elements that in the end are irrelevant to the development of it?


Read or research more about light novels, anime-only. Your knowledgeable is weak.
 
Oct 6, 12:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 225
ItsXolo said:
As soon as I saw the image, the character aesthetics reminded me of Toji no Miko, and sure enough, the illustrator is the guy who did the character designs for that.


The difference this time is unlike Toji, Maou Gakuin has quite a few male characters too instead of an all-female cast. ( Light Novel )
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.
 
Oct 11, 12:51 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 1
WaterLord said:
Sigh.. Nothing new, yet i'll still watch it because i like my trashy harem anime. So it will be something similar to Infinite Stratos, Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut, Seireitsukai no Blade Dance, etc, as a battle harem (i think) in an academy setting. Well, more entertainment, i'll take it

hahahhah, comparing those shitty harems with dense mc to this one is too much for me. Mc have cool personality, girls aren't falling for him like in those you mentioned, I only read 12 chapters of manga so I don't have that much knowledge how it turns out but I'm pretty hyped for it (tactical: sorry for bad english)
 
Oct 11, 1:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 781
Rafaeaeru-san said:
WaterLord said:
Sigh.. Nothing new, yet i'll still watch it because i like my trashy harem anime. So it will be something similar to Infinite Stratos, Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut, Seireitsukai no Blade Dance, etc, as a battle harem (i think) in an academy setting. Well, more entertainment, i'll take it

hahahhah, comparing those shitty harems with dense mc to this one is too much for me. Mc have cool personality, girls aren't falling for him like in those you mentioned, I only read 12 chapters of manga so I don't have that much knowledge how it turns out but I'm pretty hyped for it (tactical: sorry for bad english)
In case you didn't notice or didn't read well, i was comparing the settings of those anime, not the MC's (i didn't even mention them lmao).
 
Top