Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 27, 2023 11:31 AM

Jan 2020
Still no sign of romance going on inside CH Postal company......
Sep 19, 2023 6:38 AM
May 2017
It was a great installment that lived up to the expectation of the prequels. And considering that it was pushed out after the arson; it's impressive how the quality didn't dipped.
Oct 20, 2023 12:19 AM

Oct 2013
Beautiful movie with well told story and all characters working at CH Postal Company being featured and receiving their time to shine. Production quality was as stunning as in the main series.
Nov 18, 2023 12:16 PM

Apr 2013
I guess that was a story you would expect from Violet Evergarden. Though it feels a bit incomplete without the sisters meeting each other again, not the happiest of endings somehow.
Nov 22, 2023 11:57 AM
Jun 2023
A great story !! ^^
Nov 25, 2023 10:13 PM

Dec 2019
They really went ahead and decided to make one of the best OVAs ever. God, I enjoyed watching this so much, and I teared up at the end.

Just wish they would have met.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Feb 20, 4:06 PM
Jul 2023
Magnificent, for sure.
Feb 23, 5:41 AM
Jun 2019
Reply to Genoard
Eh, didn't really like it.

Firstly, the whole premise with Violet being hired to aid in ex-hobo rich heiress' study of etiquette appears far-fetched. I couldn't agree more with Isabella's question "Do machine dolls do that too?". Then, there is Violet calling Isabella "the first ever friend she made" (if the translation by localization company was correct). So that means she does not consider her fellow dolls (Lucalia, Cattleya, Iris, Erica) and other people she's close to, as friends? To be honest i did not see that much development happening between Violet and Isabella to notice how their relationship is any deeper than with any of the aforementioned characters. There was a sleeping- and bathing- together scenes, but you don't befriend people just by sleeping and taking bath with them. I probably missed a few points here, but the whole school arc felt like cheap yuri bait.

Then there was a time skip where we get to see that city is going through rapid growth both in size and technological progress. The lives of familiar characters, on the other hand, did not seem to have had any changes outside of them having different clothes and haircuts. There are no new employees at the office and everybody there seems to still be single. Violet's dialogue with Luculia implied that they didn't communicate in a long time which saddened me to be honest. Also i expected Luculia to be surprised and ask if Violet was demoted to postman, but it appeared that she wasn't much interested in Violet changing her line of work. Taylor was more annoying than cute.

P.s. did anybody check if there was after-credits scene?
@Genoard i agreed with everything you said if you watched first part you will think there's something between them
Mar 5, 10:43 PM

Jun 2012
Reply to Gator
I guess that was a story you would expect from Violet Evergarden. Though it feels a bit incomplete without the sisters meeting each other again, not the happiest of endings somehow.
@Gator I agree, was hoping for her to jump out of the bushes there at the end, at least they left that open ended with the possibility of them meeting again in the future.
Mar 19, 3:45 AM

Jan 2014
I still don't understand why Isabella didn't took her little sister with her to her new family.
Apr 9, 2:38 PM
Apr 2023
It's just too good
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Can people watch this without watching the original series?

Strat2005 - Nov 7, 2023

14 by ANIk_003 »»
Nov 10, 2023 9:23 PM

» Violet's Character In this movie

Nayytandova - Apr 25, 2022

7 by CarbonMD »»
Jan 1, 2023 8:37 PM

» do i need to watch the movies?

landerdemonz - Aug 23, 2021

20 by Amatsukaze24 »»
Dec 14, 2022 4:28 AM

» Help

Jamil10 - Feb 2, 2022

21 by GrayZStars »»
May 6, 2022 7:28 AM

» Does this take place before "the movie"?

jacksonbobbyvile - Mar 5, 2022

10 by Sherrifdeen »»
Mar 6, 2022 10:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.