Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Post New Reply
Oct 5, 2019 3:27 PM

Not if I like the songs. I skip them when binge-watching or when I don't like them enough.

Oct 5, 2019 9:29 PM
Yes, I usually skip them. But if the opening was new, like for example One Piece changes its op, I'll try giving them a shot. But when I'm about to move into another episode, I'll usually skip the opening. I'll listen to its op if I feel like I wanted to.

Oct 5, 2019 9:38 PM

I'll watch it once, and then skip it after that unless I really like the song.
"I am Holo the wisewolf, I know that there are things in this world that I do not know, that is what makes me wise."
-Holo (Spice & Wolf)

Oct 5, 2019 9:45 PM
I do skip the ending sometimes but skipping openings is a big no-no. Like the present opening of Black Clover gives my goosebumps but the ending is good for just listening to it

Oct 5, 2019 9:46 PM
Rarely do I skip the openings. Endings I may or may not skip, depending on how much I like them.

Oct 5, 2019 9:47 PM
*sips coffee*

Depends on if I like it or not. There have been cases where I've binged entire shows in a single sitting and watched the OP every time because I loved it (such as with The Tatami Galaxy), and other cases where I just can't stand it and skip straight to the show. As for endings, it's pretty much the same. If I hate the song I'll shut it off, but if I like it I'll continue to listen as I browse the episode discussion.

Oct 5, 2019 10:00 PM

Ideally, I prefer it when the opening is a music theme, rather than a song with cheesy lovey dovey lyrics. Perfection is when the OP BGM blends in with the show's course, resulting in atmospheric continuity. "Saint Luminous Jogakuin" is the quirky illustration of that.

If it's an opening song and it sets the mood right, I never skip it. I don't mind it, but will never prefer it over an original BGM utilized as an opening.
On the other hand, I don't care about endings, it's like staying at the cinema to watch the rolling credits after a movie is done... Who does that?

Oct 5, 2019 10:20 PM

I never skip anything, I watch until the last second because i'm fucking maniac, even when I'm binge watching so I can think about what I just saw during the ed, there are also a lot of anime with extra scene after the ed so I don't want to miss it
And there are some eds and ops that I didn't like first, but then loved it after several listenings, anyway for me op and ed are part of the experience so I don't skip them

Oct 5, 2019 10:33 PM
Depends on the show, typically I just switch tabs into Discord if it's a opening I'm not particularly fan of.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

wow so rude, atleast sign your name when you yeet my signature

heres a big picture smh

Oct 5, 2019 10:41 PM

Typically skip unless it's really good (like download song to phone good). Most of the time I'd rather use that 3 minutes elsewhere. And 3 minutes each episode adds up quick.
"What's a mantrap? It traps men. Isn't that what marriage is for?"

Oct 5, 2019 10:55 PM
i never skip ops and eds, i feel it is part of the enjoyment of the anime, and if i really dont like the op/ed i just open another tab or pick up my phone, just to distract me when the op/ed goes, after all, its just 1:30 of my life

Oct 5, 2019 11:11 PM

If I don't like the song, I'll skip it. If I like the song, I'll play it for a few times but eventually skip it since I already know what it sounds like and just wanna watch the episode already.

Oct 6, 2019 3:09 AM

I always Skip openings and endings unless they are either of the following

Ghost in the Shell Arise Pyrophoric Cult op
Ghost in the shell 2: Innocence Opening op
Elfen Lied op
Beginning op
Death Note's 2nd OP
Tokyo Ghoul's unravel
Kakegurui s1 opening
Cop Craft op
BEM op
Tokyo Ghoul :Re - Asphyxia
Mirrai Nikki 1st op
Lord El Melloi Case Files op
Kakeguri s2 ending
Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis op
The Promised Neverland ED

These are my Favorites.

Oct 6, 2019 3:17 AM

I never skip openings.
I only skip endings if they make me sad.

Oct 6, 2019 3:19 AM

The only times I skip opening and endings are when I don't enjoy them, when I'm short of time, when I'm too excited and impatient for the story.

Oct 6, 2019 3:38 AM
It’s depends on the anime I’m watching
Or if I’ve already watched the anime before

Oct 6, 2019 4:43 AM
I listen to most openings if I like them, I really dont watch endings since usually they are way worse than openings. There a few endings I have not skipped like Oingo Boingo Brothers and hol horse ending in jojo, and Hinomaru sumos first ending

Oct 6, 2019 5:06 AM

I've never skipped any OP/ED in anything I've ever seen, including live-action movies and TV shows. It's simply me showing gratitude to the people who made what I watch, even if what I saw was bad, I'd still stay till the very end.

Also nowadays OP's and ED's are sometimes integral, the shows uses them to convey different meanings according to what changes within the shows, Monogatari does this all the time, for the same story arc the same music contains different lyrics which go with character development. Also shows naturally flow into the ED, like recently with Fruits Basket 2019, I really like ED's that does this. Also OP's are skipped in season finale episodes to specifically play it at the end which gives so much amazing closure, like 3-gatsu no Lion S2, an alternate version of the first season's first OP plays and it was SUBARASHIIII!!!! if you at that point doesn't even recognize the song then you won't get the intended closure by the creator, which is such a waste.
Modified by Shotttooo00_0000, Oct 6, 2019 6:43 AM

Oct 6, 2019 5:10 AM
I skip them after listening to them at least once. I got limited time, the opening and ending are a full 3 minutes total, if I'm binging a season of a show skipping the op and ed is basically an episode worth of time after about 8 episodes.

Oct 7, 2019 2:16 AM

I used to when I first started watching anime, but now I don't skip the opening anymore.

I like it when I can hear or watch the opening again months after having finished the anime and then remember the joy or emotions I had while watching it again.

I do skip the ending pretty often though, unless it sounds really good. I should try to stop doing that.
Am I doing sign'tures right

Is this how it should go

Am I in the ray of light

With pictures of Tao

Oct 7, 2019 3:03 AM
魔王

usually depends if i liked the opening from the first couple of episodes, most cases i do end up skipping it.

「 花 」

your absence has gone through me
like a thread through a needle — &
everything is stitched with its color

my forum sets · favorite manga ·

Oct 7, 2019 3:06 AM
Never skip op in first episode,but if it's not appealing to me i skip it for the rest of the show,same as Ed

Oct 7, 2019 3:14 AM
(─‿‿─)

I Mostly binge-watch so yes I skip as it gets repetitive after a few episodes.

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect
you can be good.”

-John Steinbeck, East of Eden

Oct 7, 2019 3:51 AM

Yep. Mostly. Aint nobody got time for that.

Oct 7, 2019 3:51 AM

Only if I don't like them otherwise I watch them.

愛することは何もありません。愛されることは何かがあります。でも、愛することと愛されることは全てです。

Oct 7, 2019 4:12 AM

I watch the OP and ED on the first episode, but after that I don't watch them anymore if the songs aren't particularly good. At most I'll leave the ED/credits on in the background while I go do something else, if I like it. Since I mostly marathon anime, OP/ED cuts into precious viewing time.

The only exceptions where I watched the OP every time are Death Parade (because the song was awesome), Hellsing TV (same) and Gakkou Gurashi! (because almost every OP had small changes to it that reflected the plot).

Oct 7, 2019 4:54 AM
NuzzleCat!

It depends on whether I like it or if I can be bothered. Usually, I just let it run while checking reddit.

Oct 7, 2019 5:13 AM

yes i do!
hentai too.
but if the op or end is EPIC, i will never skip (ex Kokkku op)

Oct 7, 2019 6:17 AM
Depends. If it's good, I don't skip them. Like Overlord. But if it's multiple cour, I sometimes skip the ED and head straight to the preview.

Oct 7, 2019 6:29 AM

I don't skip openings almost ever but I skip endings sometimes because they aren't usually as good as openings.

Oct 7, 2019 6:32 AM
I always watch them once and decide to watch them next time or not. I don't see the point of watching/listening to something I don't like the second time.

Oct 7, 2019 6:32 AM

Acqsu said:
The only OP/ED I skipped was most of the Code Geass ones beside the first OP.

Same here. They're totally unbearable.

Oct 7, 2019 6:55 AM
If I'm Binge watching I skip a few times then watch every few episodes. never skip it on first and last episodes tho.

Oct 7, 2019 6:58 AM
I don't always skip it, but sometimes I do mute it and do other stuff like eat food while i'm waiting for the anime to start. Some openings I watch like jojo's, lupin III & cowboy bebop
~AnimeDownUnder~

Oct 7, 2019 7:13 AM
Almost all of them. I usually dont if the song got me hooked the first time i heard it.

And I want to watch the next ep that i skip them.

Oct 7, 2019 8:24 AM
What I usually do is binge the anime that I watch. So what I'll typically do, is watch the OP for the first episode of the session, and then watch the ED for the last episode of the session. However, if I find the OP or ED to be really good, then I won't skip them

Oct 7, 2019 9:19 AM

I usually watch the OP and ED once and from there I always skip them, unless the song is really good then I'll watch the ED/OP.
Who needs signatures anyway?

Oct 7, 2019 10:10 AM

I used to skip them until I saw the 7th OP of Shippuuden (would still consider it the best one out of the show, not counting the OG Naruto) almost 3 years ago. After that, I've probably never skipped any OP. If it's shit, I would open up new tabs to look other things and let the OP play on the background. Same goes for EDs.

I wonder why we're all so obsessed with debating over AOTD when the only right answer is Cats(2019)!

Oct 7, 2019 10:14 AM

Absolutely never. And haven't since like 2012

Oct 7, 2019 12:45 PM
I watch the OP once and the ending once, after that I just skip because I want to watch as much anime I can and you'll be amazed by cutting 1:30 of time can add up to watching long series like One Piece.

Oct 7, 2019 1:00 PM
I watch the OP once and the ending once, after that I just skip because I want to watch as much anime I can and you'll be amazed by cutting 1:30 of time can add up to watching long series like One Piece.

Oct 7, 2019 1:01 PM

I sometimes skip the OP if I listen to the song too much outside of the show. Like I’ve had it on repeat for a good 10 times earlier, I want to watch the show now instead of the OP again lol.

Oct 7, 2019 1:02 PM

If I'm watching a lot of episodes from the same anime at once then yes, if I'm watching the daily episode of an anime no. I like to listen and learn the japanese/english songs they use.

Oct 7, 2019 1:21 PM

I maybe listen to it a few times if its really good but usually I just hear it once and then skip over it for the rest of my watchtime, the only one I always listened to was Unravel

Oct 7, 2019 1:32 PM

depends. if its good ill prob watch it multiple times

Oct 7, 2019 1:49 PM

What I do is watch the OP for the first and last episode. but i always watch the EDs

Oct 7, 2019 1:51 PM
Die

My golden rule is always watch the first opening and ending at the very least. If they're good I wont skip, if they're crap its a skip from me bro.

Oct 7, 2019 1:53 PM

Most of the time I skip both ed and op. However, if a series is memorable and catchy of the bet or I am telling myself that a series is awesome hence the op/ed too, I brainwash myself into liking it.

E.g. many of the endings of Naruto Shippuuden were really not that good - but I adored the series at the time so I engraved the songs into my brain and never skipped them then or now.

Oct 7, 2019 2:08 PM
I almost never skip op and I usually only listen to ending once.

Oct 7, 2019 2:11 PM

When bingewatching i watch the opening few times depending if i like it or not, then skip other ep till there's a new opening then watch it few times depending if i like it or not etc etc.
For seasonals I only skip openings when i don't like them

I usually skip the endings, sometimes checking things on mobile or smth while the ending is still playing in the background

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »