Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 6, 2019 9:39 AM

Dec 2018
This 100% should have been the finale of the first cour. I was so much less invested than I was 3 months ago watching this....
Oct 6, 2019 12:21 PM

Oct 2017
Such an wonderful way to start off Season 2!
Many anime season 2 starting is usually just a boring recap or some filler.
This one start of season 2 is really strong.

Really glad I watched the season 1 of such a good serie :)
Oct 6, 2019 12:24 PM

Oct 2017
X500658 said:
I've missed this show.
I want to see a ship sail 😉😉
The announcement of results was breathtaking.

The ship has been pretty solid since episode 1 lolz.
See that blushing of Hosuke :D
Oct 6, 2019 4:48 PM

Mar 2019
Ahhh so good to be back! Absolutely love this series and this opening episode doesn't disappoint.
Oct 6, 2019 6:06 PM

Jul 2014
Im glad things turned out like this instead of them winning for some cheesy reason. Also the fact that they kept the reason for Chika's injury a secret even until the end is really touching, but its probably going to make Kurusu feel even worse about herself when she (probably inevitably) finds out on her own. I guess the emotional conflict stemming from that is how her character is gonna develop from here.
Oct 6, 2019 8:32 PM
Mar 2015
Great job Glad she and the other girl heard what he had to say about her. Sensei really inspired them at the end
Oct 7, 2019 12:56 AM

Jun 2016
Takinami-sensei finally showed his soft side i guess? What he said brought motivation to the group to pursue their dreams of going to nationals. Chika managed to silenced that bitch (she actually annoyed me tbh) and got more points for Hozoki's feelings. The ship is finally starting to sail bit by bit. The new guy "Mio" piqued my interest as well. He looks like the typical lazy, emo, and overpowered guy and he seems interested about Chika too.
I am not a friend of justice. I am an enemy of evil.

STAPLE STABLE
Oct 7, 2019 8:04 AM

May 2015
It was a great continuation. The results were expected but it was interesting to see the interactions with Mio, this character intrigues me.

I liked the dialogues here, or monologues, all the inspirational talk, how Chika likes Houzuki's sound better now and teacher's words about them giving their better than best performance.

Also, the part with strawberry snacks was cute. And that almost pat on the head, aww.
Oct 7, 2019 10:47 AM

Nov 2009
Mio is one weird guy. And too bad we didn't get to hear his school's performance, it was apparently godly...
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Oct 7, 2019 4:48 PM

Jul 2016
Oh, how I missed the over exaggerated drama this show so much likes to use...
Now, Kazusa (Satowa's fangirl) getting on my nerves was something I wasn't missing but at least, there was Chika to tame the bitch. I really don't want to see her anymore but based on how the episode concluded, I guess we will see her a few more times during this season. Not really excited about it but we'll see.

That aside, it was a decent comeback overall. As expected, Tokise didn't win due to that messy first half of their performance but that said, I liked how the subsequent scenes with the team realizing they lost, were executed. Not to mention also that Takinami-sensei's encouraging words at the end were a nice way to conclude this "arc" in a good note.
Oct 7, 2019 9:12 PM
Feb 2012
so nothing of value except some ships which is all you people talk about
Oct 7, 2019 10:20 PM
Jul 2018
the second season just started many great feels already. the soundtracks really is amazing.
Oct 8, 2019 6:05 AM

Aug 2018
I knew they wouldn't win, I wanted them to, but they need to know the pain of loss before they can strive together toward victory. We will get that win this season, I know it.

I'm so glad to have the koto club back for S2. I really enjoyed the first season and can't wait to see more. All aboard the Houzuki & Kudou train!
Oct 8, 2019 5:55 PM

Sep 2018
Ouch!!!!!! After the fuwa fuwa feelings given by the best couple (Kudo x Hozuki).. I feel sad that they didn't get chosen! Wahhhhhh!!!

I like Mio though ;>
Oct 9, 2019 12:34 PM
Jan 2019
Great start of the second season of this great anime, although it would have been great to show us the presentation of Hakuto High School, I was intrigued.
Seeing the audience's ovation at his presentation, and hearing Kudo's words for Hozuki and the teacher for the club, was really moving. Seeing them cry made me remember all the effort they put into making that presentation in the first season, which made me want to cry too. I hope this anime continues to surprise me and move my heart with its music and messages.

Sometimes some small words so simple and clichés, can have great meaning and be helpful :).
Oct 9, 2019 12:57 PM

Apr 2016
Good start, it wasn’t too much emotional for me but it was ok. I could see another step in the relationship between Kudo and the girl, I don’t remember her name xD
The girl fron the other school was so damn annoying.
Oct 9, 2019 5:43 PM

Dec 2018
Is just me or not that noticed that its graphics declined a little bit? It was just... off on some parts(as in frames of the characters's face and such else), s1's graphic was lowkey better at this.

As for its long awaited return, you can put me on the list of people who were longing for it too, i'm really excited to know what's next for them. Besides, i was aimin for their recognition :( - I truly believed that they would win - -, regardeless of their messy first act, the judges seemed that they enjoyed quite a bit. Also, i'm curious about the new characters, speacially the eerie Mio, he seems off but, at the same time, we wanna know him closely and i expect that our curiosity will end up in anger due to he seems mysterious and evil. Didn't it show Mio's school performance, right? Hmmmmm they really wanna intrigue us.
Oct 20, 2019 11:19 AM

May 2016
One of the best shows of the year is back with an emotional truck of feels. 5/5
Oct 29, 2019 4:01 AM

Apr 2018
Well it's expected that they'll lose. Also didn't expect sensei to cover what happened to Chika tho.
Jan 2, 2020 11:57 AM

Aug 2017
This episode should be the last episode of "Season 1", its much better than a weak cliffhanger.

The results were expected. I was afraid at first cuz I thought that they were going to win for some stupid reason.

4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 27, 2020 1:40 PM

Apr 2012
Yeah let's all go to Raftel someday.

I've missed this anime.
Feb 6, 2020 1:10 PM

Jul 2015
Already off to an interesting start, another underdog school winning without them even being shown playing the koto

I have the feeling that Mio guy is some genius who plays better depending on how he feels at the moment.

Now onto the next competition!

Feb 28, 2020 4:10 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Normally I would say this is how you start S2, but the way it ended with S1, there was a lot of build-up to deliver, and this episode did a fine job indeed.

Hozuki really shone this episode, but I m also looking forward to seeing all these different teams facing each other again, lots of unique personalities for sure~~
May 17, 2020 12:09 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
All crying at the end :( I hope they will win next time
Oct 29, 2020 3:14 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
More of the basic cookie cutter style anime writing we’ve come to expect from the first season, but yes, this, does put a smile on my face.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 22, 2020 8:35 AM
Jul 2020
ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so in the last season, there was a certain episode where the background music stopped my tracks. I went to relisten to it a couple of times and was unsure about my suspicions.

Fast forward to today where I watched episode one a few mins ago the same thing happened. If someone has the time to and has watched HxH, can you go to the first episode at time 8:24.
Please listen to the background music and tell me it doesn't sound like it's from the chimera ant arc.
thanks lol

great episode though gonna go watch the next now^^
Jan 13, 2021 2:19 AM

Apr 2009
They didn't even get an honorable mention but I expected that, Himesaka was a big disappointment though and I would understand if Kazusa died of shock and heartbreak there.

Did Takinami-sensei just praised them? Oh wow, that's a big deal coming from him.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 18, 2021 2:35 AM

Jun 2020
I want Chika to almost-headpat me tooooooooo

That was sooo cute when Hozuki was buying all the strawberry flavoured snacks for Chika. CUTE. I love seeing Chika with his strawberry milk lol

And lol @ Takaoka refusing to sit in Chika’s aunt’s car loooool

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Nov 2, 2021 6:08 AM

May 2020
"I can't accept that kind of performance!!", well no one's asking for your validation Miss, so stop being loud and do more practice.

It should've been the last episode of previous season but anyways it was good to see Sensei motivating in the end.
Jan 29, 2022 7:16 AM
Feb 2021
Probably gonna be one of the weakest episodes of the season imo. They actually thought they were going to win. I was praying to the Lord that they wouldn't win, because that would just make no sense at all. Hakuto winning was a surpise tho.

And they got mad at Takinami for spitting facts. They gave it their best effort, but that doesn't change the fact that their first half was not on the level of the other schools. I've honestly liked Takinami for a while. He is a realist and speaks his mind, but in this episode it also shows how he can be more gentle and form his criticism to lift up the hearts of others. He is the ideal advisor, coach, or whatever you want to call him.

I am excited to watch the rest of this show and we might even get to see some romance finally.
Jun 15, 2022 6:05 AM
Jul 2018
Made me cry qwq

do best best do
Aug 15, 2022 4:06 AM
Aug 2022
every episode that I watch in this anime always contains an emotion either sad, sorrowful, angry, happy, etc. but in the end, the koto's song that Takami sensei made and the groups playing is a masterpiece. it's different from other anime (I guess) that I've ever watched. Truth be told, the 'tenkyuu' contains an emotion of each character. if I can tell I would like to go to this anime to say "YOU'VE GREAT WORK".
Mar 10, 4:56 PM

Mar 2019
So they lost in the end :(

It was to be expected but can't say the same about Hakuto winning, that took me by surprise. I am way more interested in other characters now, mainly Ousuke and Mio, but I'm starting to dislike Kazusa more and more. There also seems to be a new girl that's going to appear, judging from the opening and she seems good.

Takinami is going to involve himself more now so can't wait for that.

The OP is nice but I still like Aoi Shouta more when he's doing the OST.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

117 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 19, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2019

142 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 19, 5:31 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2019

49 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 19, 4:34 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2019

49 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 18, 4:13 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2019

43 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 16, 5:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.