Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Oct 14, 2019 3:27 AM
Mar 2019
Byleth-Kun said:
kesha13 said:
This was basically expected from 4 years ago when the theory about the path came out, which is more amusing is that almost everyone on YouTube now is exploiting the theory as theirs, forgetting about original reddit post that 3 people worked on so hard..

Or maybe they also had the theory? It's a big world, I hope you aren't really thinking those 3 redditors are the ONLY ones to come up with the theory.

agree but all the people rn who post shit like that as their own idea is just pisses off sometimes. Its like a person who says the same joke but louder.
Oct 14, 2019 5:49 AM
Sep 2018
Byleth-Kun said:
For those still saying it's time travel, it's memory travel, the body itself doesn't travel anywhere in time, but the mental self actually travels through memories of the previous or future attack titans.
Example from season 3 part 2: Eren Kruger suddenly had the scene of grisha saying "If you want to protect Armin and Mikasa." flash into his mind while remaining right where he was, an event that didn't happen yet. Then he went "Wait, whose memories are these?"
Hope that clears up the time travel vs memory travel debate

It is time travel, whether you go physically or send memories.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ShingekiNoKyojin/comments/d1q0v9/manga_spoilers_the_complete_guide_to_chapter_121/

If you already have not been to this link, this post should help. The form of time travel used here does not create any plot hole and is consistent with causality.
Oct 14, 2019 5:53 AM

Aug 2019
zerotitan said:
Byleth-Kun said:
For those still saying it's time travel, it's memory travel, the body itself doesn't travel anywhere in time, but the mental self actually travels through memories of the previous or future attack titans.
Example from season 3 part 2: Eren Kruger suddenly had the scene of grisha saying "If you want to protect Armin and Mikasa." flash into his mind while remaining right where he was, an event that didn't happen yet. Then he went "Wait, whose memories are these?"
Hope that clears up the time travel vs memory travel debate

It is time travel, whether you go physically or send memories.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ShingekiNoKyojin/comments/d1q0v9/manga_spoilers_the_complete_guide_to_chapter_121/

If you already have not been to this link, this post should help. The form of time travel used here does not create any plot hole and is consistent with causality.

I think either label would be acceptable at this point honestly, and yeah, it's not really a plot hole since this was teased with Eren Kruger after all. If it was suddenly out of no where with no hints so obvious it would be used later on, I could see it being a plot hole, but that's not the case.
Oct 16, 2019 2:15 AM
Jul 2018
I do not understand something from122.
If Sina, Rose and Maria are all from the royal family and the subjects of ymir are the descendants of those three, then shouldn't all subjects of ymir be descendants of royal family which in turn means that eren should be a royal family member too. Could someone explain it to me?
Oct 16, 2019 4:56 PM
Aug 2019
STAINXYZ said:
I do not understand something from122.
If Sina, Rose and Maria are all from the royal family and the subjects of ymir are the descendants of those three, then shouldn't all subjects of ymir be descendants of royal family which in turn means that eren should be a royal family member too. Could someone explain it to me?

I don't think "royal" blood has anything to do with the Fritz bloodline line itself. I believe that it is directly tied to the founding titan power. It's not shown, but I think it's likely that the first person to receive ONLY the founding titan FT power is the person that started the Royal/FoundingTitan family line.
We know that each girl received some of her powers because we immediately see 3 beams of like in the PATHS realm. So one of the 3 girls has it. But there is only 1 founding titan power. There's no evidence that one of the 9 shifter powers can shared. So only 1 of the girls got it, though we don't know which girl.
Then Maria, Sina, and Rose each had children and titan powers were split again.
Example: Maria received 3 titan powers from Ymir, the Founding, Cart, & Jaw. Maria had 3 sons. Eric, Tom, Sam. All 3 boys ate pieces of Maria when she died. All 3 became titan shifters. Eric got Cart power, Tom got Founding, & Sam got Jaw. I think it's Tom who began the royal/FT bloodline. Not Ymir or Maria.
I'm just guessing though.
Oct 19, 2019 2:01 PM

May 2016
keragamming said:
SheevPalpatine said:
Looks like Eren became a ridiculosly OP character in an insanely asspull way... But maybe I'm missing the point since I only "read" the RAW version and I can't speak Japanese/Korean.

Probably it would have been a better idea to read the translation first, before making assumption, it gives the impression that you have a negative bias mindset towards the series.

Not saying that is the case, but just that is how it looks, as you even yourself pointed out that you may be wrong.

Finally read the translated chapter, and I still think that Eren is ridiculously OP now from out of nowhere... He gained the full control of the Founding Titan out of nowhere and with no reason.

What is so special about Eren that Ymir waited for him for 2000 years? He is the first person during that 2000 years who became a titan with this kind of personality?
-
Oct 19, 2019 2:11 PM

Oct 2013
SheevPalpatine said:
keragamming said:

Probably it would have been a better idea to read the translation first, before making assumption, it gives the impression that you have a negative bias mindset towards the series.

Not saying that is the case, but just that is how it looks, as you even yourself pointed out that you may be wrong.

Finally read the translated chapter, and I still think that Eren is ridiculously OP now from out of nowhere... He gained the full control of the Founding Titan out of nowhere and with no reason.

What is so special about Eren that Ymir waited for him for 2000 years? He is the first person during that 2000 years who became a titan with this kind of personality?

Who knows but base off the first chapter, Eren wasn't just a random person that so happen to have this personality, it seems it was always going to be Eren to be the one to do this base off this panel. "See you later Eren" Which we now know is Ymir words, but this could be scrap since it was not in the anime.

Oct 20, 2019 6:58 AM

Aug 2019
SheevPalpatine said:
keragamming said:

Maybe that he's the first attack titan (the part of Ymir that fights for freedom) that reached the paths dimension in 2000 years?
Oct 21, 2019 2:37 AM
Sep 2018
SheevPalpatine said:
keragamming said:

Out of nowhere? You probably missed the little talk no Jutsu by eren.
There is nothing special about eren other than the fact that he is the first-ever non-royal possesser of the founding titan. Ymir waited for him because that's all she could do, right? She lives in dimension which transcends space and time, she probably already has seen the future, eren said that Ymir guided him, memories eren received in episode 1 without even possessing attack titan were probably sent to him by Ymir herself. So if ymir has already seen things she would know the course of action that would play out these during these 2000 years and she would also know that after 2000 years there will be finally someone who is not royal blood and holder of founding titan and also attack titan (the part of her which struggles for freedom) and with inherent nature of achieving freedom. So she waited for eren to come to her and finally free her from the royals slavery by giving her choice, giving her the freedom to choose as per her own will and not someone's order.

The way she was freed from her slavery was IMO kind of similar to the way Dobby in Harry Potter was freed from his slavery. He was a loyal slave to Malfoy's despite having all the powers to go against them and all it required for him to be free from his slavery was just being gifted clothing by his master, here all it took to free Ymir was just offer her choice and not command her by someone who possesses the founding titan power.
Oct 21, 2019 6:08 AM

May 2016
God_Yaboku said:
SheevPalpatine said:

There is nothing special about eren other than the fact that he is the first-ever non-royal possesser of the founding titan.

No, it's his father, Grisha.
-
Oct 21, 2019 6:22 AM
Sep 2018
W
SheevPalpatine said:
God_Yaboku said:

There is nothing special about eren other than the fact that he is the first-ever non-royal possesser of the founding titan.

Well, yeah it was his father, my mistake but everything I said apart from that still stands. Everything was set right this time, not when Grisha was the holder. Erwin becoming commander, Fall of wall maria, Eren's nature, all events unfolded to make happen what we are seeing now it was all kind of destined to happen this time and Ymir probably have seen it already.
zerotitanOct 21, 2019 6:31 AM
Oct 21, 2019 8:30 AM

May 2016
God_Yaboku said:
W
SheevPalpatine said:

Well, yeah it was his father, my mistake but everything I said apart from that still stands. Everything was set right this time, not when Grisha was the holder. Erwin becoming commander, Fall of wall maria, Eren's nature, all events unfolded to make happen what we are seeing now it was all kind of destined to happen this time and Ymir probably have seen it already.

But why was destined to happen like this? Why wasn't destined to happen that Grisha will be the one who can use the Founding Titan?
Why did Eren go to that place which transcends space and time (where Ymir was) when Gabi blew down his head? Why didn't he die simply, like everyone else? Why did Zeke went to that place as well? Nothing is explained, everything is happening out of nowhere, because "I want to end the story within 1 year"
-
Oct 21, 2019 9:40 AM
Sep 2018
SheevPalpatine said:
God_Yaboku said:
W

But why was destined to happen like this? Why wasn't destined to happen that Grisha will be the one who can use the Founding Titan?
Why did Eren go to that place which transcends space and time (where Ymir was) when Gabi blew down his head? Why didn't he die simply, like everyone else? Why did Zeke went to that place as well? Nothing is explained, everything is happening out of nowhere, because "I want to end the story within 1 year"

Grisha obtained the founder's power when wall maria had already fallen, after that he passed the power to Eren as he was out of time due to Ymir's curse, further Grisha did not possess the same will and conviction as Eren does. Also, Grisha already saw Eren's memories so he knew Eren will be able to pull it off.
Zeke and Eren reached paths because Eren had founder titan within himself which was activated due to touching Zeke(royal blood) and due to their contact at that moment they both reached path. Zeke was still holding Eren's head in the last panel of the chapter when Eren is transforming again. After his head blown off not even 1 second has passed in the real world, so Eren's consciousness is retained, he did not die immediately and now transformed.
Why didn't he simply die? Shifters have time again shown they can survive most fatal of the attacks. Like everyone else who? Reiner survived his head blown it is established already. And he has got Ymir by his side who can heal him.
I don't know why can't you understand these things. Everything is being explained and most likely will be explained, everything is making so much sense, there is no rushing from Isayama's part as he has planned everything meticulously from the very beginning, even the current chapter was completely foreshadowed in s2 ending. He knows what he is doing and honestly apart from all eldians having royal blood question and titan's origin question we have got the majority of the answers.
Oct 25, 2019 8:29 AM

Aug 2019
SheevPalpatine said:
God_Yaboku said:
W

Holy fuck, pay attention to what you're reading please instead of hate-watching.
cAbaddonOct 25, 2019 8:39 AM
Nov 5, 2019 5:14 AM
Nov 2019
Arjuna777 said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The chapter is out in korean and i read it using Google translation Man i can tell you this is the best chapter in entire SNK history,

The Tree was the one responsible for The Titan powers and the backstory Of Ymir was really sad.

Finally Eren gave her the encouragement to fight against everything bad done to her and Rumbling started.

Anyone seen THISSSS
Hooded person
Dec 28, 2019 6:05 AM

Feb 2015
Poor Ymir... all because she let out some pigs
Jan 2, 2020 7:34 AM

Oct 2016
tzarye14 said:
Korean typeset if you want to https://manamoa.net/bbs/board.php?bo_table=manga&wr_id=2037308

Edit: Final Page looks amazing

I agree with that. When I first saw this scene, I was like "Oh my god, here we go." lol
Feb 25, 2020 4:05 PM

Jan 2016
This was an amazing chapter holy fuck

Ymirs face when Eren told her to be free.... Omg...

The weird spine that Eren has....

The walls fucking breaking down....

Jesus. I love this manga.
Feb 28, 2020 10:15 PM
Mar 2019
Yea...go back and watch the season 2 ed, thank me later
Jun 3, 2020 11:24 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
It's Rumble Time!

Finally, the truth behind the titans are out! With more to follow later on, hopefully.

What an obnoxious king though, who makes his own child eat their mother?

Damn, the chapter title coinciding with the first chapter by the way. Incredible stuff but, I have to be honest here, I'm all over the place...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 13, 2020 1:35 AM
May 2019
when eren said
" you are no god"
"you are no slave"
"you are just a person"
"You get to choose"
Eren he became greatest protagonist of all time. (at least for me tho).

eldians are the true antagonist, since they are the one who actually massacred the world.
but when you think about it
Ymir is the only victim and the entire world are the antagonist (with or without knowing themselves)
cuz, what they did to Ymir is beyond cruel. even after her death she couldn't be free.
she has the right to choose , whether to destroy the world or leave it as it is.

these are my thoughts.!
personal opinion tho
Aug 25, 2020 10:16 AM
Jul 2016
Man, i cant with some of those elitists-wannabe comments

> foreshadowing is just a basic thing in storytelling
Yet got kimetsu no yaiba as his favourite lmao, yeah 100++ foreshadowing are easier to do than planning simple story you said
( i like kny too but storytelling wise we know who’s on another level )

> plotholes of attack titan
Never pay attention to details i see, and we also dont know if Eren is the last attack titan or not to answer why it has to be Eren although Eren personality and mindset matches attack titan so it might be a point

No matter what you replied to them with facts, they will always slaughter your facts with their opinion lmao and they cant even appreciate this manga yet they STILL READ this
Aug 26, 2020 9:03 AM

Mar 2018
This chapter was amazing. So finally we know the truth and it is simply heartbreaking. Ymir was nothing but a slave who, by chance found this power (or the power found her) in a tree while hiding. She was nothing special. Just a poor slave - and the king's daughters ate her. Basically the original sin. The end has finally come. I am curious how this is going to play out. I am still hoping for a nasty "mwahaha" kind of ending a la "Gunslinger".
Oct 28, 2020 1:54 PM

Jul 2019
what a great chapter.

Ymir's backstory isn't like what either party said it was. such a poor girl dragged into such a shitty situation. Eren enforcing his choices of freedom on her, which pushed her to come back. this will defiantly spark mad reactions when this gets adapted.

the beginning. everything. what a great world Isayama has made.
Jan 7, 2021 11:09 AM

Nov 2020
That's where hell starts now.
Man, listen to them tear into me. Good thing I'm used to it.

Jan 8, 2021 8:36 PM

Oct 2013
One of the best chapters so far, although not the best in my opinion (though it definitely belongs to top3 of my favorite chapters of this manga).

I didn't expect Ymir's story to be so tragic.

I really enjoyed that theme of diving into memories. It also revealed a lot of details about why the story so far evolved as it evolved. Basically Eren, through the Coordinate, schemed everything. Not gonna lie, it was a crazy plot-twist, but I absolutely loved it!

Man, that ending though... Earth-flattening weapon is on! With Eren looking like literally the emperor of titans, lol.
Jan 21, 2021 10:23 AM

Sep 2011
So Eldia was really a evil empire. Looks like Marley was right about that. Poor Ymir. I wonder what was that thing that she found in the tree that gave her powers.

wow
Eren really wants to end the world? Where is the freedom that he love so much in this plan? Unless he's planning something else.
Feb 19, 2021 1:55 PM
Nov 2014
eren turns into a large skeleton titan thanks to ymir's power, damn nice chapter. i hope eren wins for real now.
Mar 9, 2021 12:21 AM

Mar 2019
So that's wth happened and Eldia's king was evil.

Hope the next chapters are this good.
Mar 15, 2021 3:51 AM

Mar 2012
This manga has officially surpassed Hunter x Hunter as the best manga out there. Holy shit such nuance this arc has, and even characters I feared would be forgotten are having character arcs... no manga has ever given that much focused to a full cast in such a balanced way.

Compare that to the big 3's 'charity' of minor characters doing minor shit... we're gettin' spoiled here.
End Zionazism
Mar 30, 2021 3:23 AM

Jun 2019
Holy shit... I felt so bad for Ymir there... :'(
Mar 31, 2021 12:08 PM
Aug 2020
I have a question. If Ymir's daughters consumed her to get the powers of the founder then wouldn't all of them have the founder's power? How come there's different shifters and still one founder passed down? Is there always supposed to be a founder?
Apr 1, 2021 11:29 PM

Dec 2012
Ymir was neither a god nor a devil. She was just a little girl who was enslaved by a cruel world. Seeing Eren set her free was heartrending. This chapter made me like him even more. In a way, Eren's motives seem the most pure. It's not about lofty ideals or the fate of humanity, it's just about the untainted state of being free.
Apr 11, 2021 5:21 PM

Mar 2020
seeing that season 2 ED scene is wild
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Apr 11, 2021 6:47 PM
Dec 2020
well, 137-139 contradicts Eren and ymirs convo in 122. Thanks yams for that sudden switch of direction to the theme "love"
Attack on Titan ended with chapter 123 and 130/131 is the epilogue
Apr 11, 2021 7:31 PM
Apr 2021
yaegerist-15 said:
well, 137-139 contradicts Eren and ymirs convo in 122. Thanks yams for that sudden switch of direction to the theme "love"

How does it contradict them?
Apr 13, 2021 12:08 PM
Dec 2020
ezz365 said:
yaegerist-15 said:

she was about to obey zekes order and eren stopped her by letting her choose her own destiny and be free, not a slave anymore. But 139 shows us she was making all these events to see mikasas and erens true love (??) so why was she about to obey zeke? the direction of 137-139 felt out of rhythm and even all the foreshadowings with historia and ymir are wasted (historia was even in the beginning of 122 lol)
Apr 13, 2021 12:24 PM
Apr 2021
ezz365 said:

she was about to obey zekes order and eren stopped her by letting her choose her own destiny and be free, not a slave anymore. But 139 shows us she was making all these events to see mikasas and erens true love (??) so why was she about to obey zeke? the direction of 137-139 felt out of rhythm and even all the foreshadowings with historia and ymir are wasted (historia was even in the beginning of 122 lol)

Zeke himself tells you, obeys royal blood. Later he disobeyed him because Eren appeared and presented him with that alternative. I do not see the contradiction.

I can undestand you about Historia, it was made parallels and we all thought that the character would reach some point like having a ship with Eren and being the mother of Ymir's reincarnation.

Would it have been better? Yes
Does the story contradict? No
Apr 13, 2021 12:32 PM
Dec 2020
ezz365 said:

Zeke himself tells you, obeys royal blood. Later he disobeyed him because Eren appeared and presented him with that alternative. I do not see the contradiction.
tbh but I dont understand you here, do you mean ymir with "he" ? yeah she disobeyed thanks to eren but thats not all, its clear that eren freed her. And in 137-139 it shows a different direction with the love theme out of nowhere
Apr 13, 2021 12:56 PM
Apr 2021
ezz365 said:

tbh but I dont understand you here, do you mean ymir with "he" ? yeah she disobeyed thanks to eren but thats not all, its clear that eren freed her. And in 137-139 it shows a different direction with the love theme out of nowhere

Yes, sorry, I wanted to put "she". English is not my first language and sometimes I miss these mistakes.

Yes to me, Ymir's love for the king seems rushed and sudden, but I don't see any contradiction. It perfectly explains why Ymir obeyed the king, having so much power, of course, from the beginning Isayama gave us to understand that it was because she was a slave, then she added love to try to make sense of Mikasa and Eren in 138.

What Eren told her was to free her from that "love" (ugh sounds very cringe) and end that world (the world of the titans that King Fritz referred to).
For me, although these issues are not posed in the best way, I do not see that they contradict history.

May 22, 2021 1:36 AM

May 2020
Man this is the point of the story for the whole story of Shingeki. Eren win Ymir and will be no more titans in the world. Eren will end this disaster world with Ymir. Should be the last moment incoming.
Jul 16, 2021 2:50 AM

Oct 2010
did not expect Ymir to be a random slave and Eldia was garbage before the titan age, still Ymir built roads and bridges and she defended Eldia from the evil marleyans who probably attacked the eldians constantly.
Confused about the bloodline and the touch, could Eren enter the Paths with Historia's help? I think Eren manipulated Ymir when he said that she "planned" for their meeting considering that Ymir helped zeke when he exploded (she was then still the slave of the bloodline) but that's just dialogue, I'm ok with that, I hate to be spoon fed with everything.
There are still mysteries about the subjects of Ymir, the royals after Ymir's death and the 9 titans but there are more chapters there.
Now waiting for Eren to kill all humanity except for the subjects of Ymir (hopefully)
Jul 16, 2021 8:42 AM
Apr 2019
I'm crying at my old forum posts
Dec 28, 2021 8:11 PM

Jul 2021
Yay another Eldian history and we get to hear more in depth towards Ymir's backstory, damn the whole policy is such a tragedy for her to be the one who's the odd one out, like look what she has to go through damn.. the king has such a devil's eye who doesn't have any care for what she has done to follow up his orders but just leave her dead and get eaten by her daughter, one of the gruesome scene I've seen in AOT. I honestly can't understand whats Eren's objective, is it to sympathize what Ymir has gone through and so that he could achieve freedom and save humanity because he doesn't define it well on his own but anyways RUMBLING TIME WOOH THIS ARC IS ABOUT TO BREAK THE INTERNET.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 6, 2022 12:59 PM
Sep 2020
5/5 peak fiction , although there is still more peak chapters left , this one is by far the greatest backstory for a god followed by the greatest talk no jutsu of all time followed by the beginning of an apocalyptic journey never see in fiction before
Aug 25, 2022 4:25 PM
Jun 2022
Haven't read it but people say it's the best.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Oct 6, 2015

132 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 17, 4:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.