Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 12, 2019 1:08 PM

Aug 2019
Lol everyone complaining about Gran while Djeeta was completely boring and an unecessary additional female character in a show full of them. The chemistry with Lyria is good and would not work with Djeeta
KayleonOct 12, 2019 1:17 PM
Oct 13, 2019 4:09 AM

Dec 2014
anyone else ever wonder what happens if they fall through the sky? is there land and a whole world beneath them like in Zelda Skyward Sword? has it ever been revealed in the games?
Oct 13, 2019 4:45 AM
Jul 2013
I..I feel I've missed something.
It could be that it's just been SO long that I don't remember the story any more..
but season 2 started, and there's a whole crew on his boat now that I just don't know/remember..
I don't even remember them fighting some Black/Grand Knight either in S1..
are they taking story/lore from the game/s and bringing it to the anime, or have I just..forgotten everything important from S1? lol
Oct 13, 2019 1:04 PM

Sep 2015
KuroNavi said:
anyone else ever wonder what happens if they fall through the sky? is there land and a whole world beneath them like in Zelda Skyward Sword? has it ever been revealed in the games?

Under the sky is another world called Otherworld that is inhabited by demons like this
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CygVL1RUsAAWQU7.jpg
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/500480980121812994/633032193496842261/unknown.png
Oct 13, 2019 1:06 PM

Oct 2017
It at least looks better than the first season.

Not 10 material but watchable.

Oct 14, 2019 1:52 AM

Dec 2014
Nayout said:
KuroNavi said:

Under the sky is another world called Otherworld that is inhabited by demons like this
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CygVL1RUsAAWQU7.jpg
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/500480980121812994/633032193496842261/unknown.png

oooh okay, thanks XP
Oct 15, 2019 9:47 AM

Apr 2017
Nayout said:
Aversa said:
Honestly Djeeta was ten times the main he is and we only had one episode of her in the previous season.

I understand people who don't like Gran for any reason but this is false lol
The two characters are exactly the same, they have nothing different and act in all situations, it is more said that Gran is more main because he is the protagonist of the manga, Relink and Versus.

wait a second.

I'm reading the mango and watching the anime, but never played the gacha... there is the male/female char option, but what about the relashionship between MC and Lyria then?
I mean both in the anime and mango there are many sweety romance scenes between them. What if you choose Djeeta in the game? I mean yuri would be good but I suppose that in the gacha story mode there aren't sweety scenes between Djeeta and Lyria right? Isn't this a big difference in the chara development of the "Male/female option" story?

just thought about this lmao
Oct 15, 2019 1:15 PM

Dec 2009
Unfortunate that production quality has gone down. MAPPA isn't replicating A-1 Pictures' style very well. It's not bad at all and there's a lot more movement, but in a way there's almost too much movement; it feels over-animated instead of purposeful, also has a lot of awkward camera work and scene framing. Sound production is lacking. Everything happening way too quickly and not giving you a chance to see anything... wack pacing.

Nayout said:
Aversa said:
Honestly Djeeta was ten times the main he is and we only had one episode of her in the previous season.
The two characters are exactly the same, they have nothing different and act in all situations, it is more said that Gran is more main because he is the protagonist of the manga, Relink and Versus.
I completely disagree. Even if you were to script them exactly the same, it gives off a different feel and a different voice actor can deliver different intonations. Overall if i compared both the original first ep, and the special episode with Djeeta, it felt way more interesting, and the chemistry was really fresh and unique. You don't ever really get to experience female protagonists in anime like that.

I heard some people say that the special episode was higher level meaning better dialogue? I dunno anything about that so i can't speak for that. All i know is that i enjoyed it a lot more with Djeeta as protag. Not because i dislike Gran, it's just that he's pretty standard and not memorable, whereas a girl with the same personality and role is not common at all. Having the same relationships and such in context made it very interesting and fun to watch.

@Kuro_Neko04

Kayleon said:
Lol everyone complaining about Gran while Djeeta was completely boring and an unecessary additional female character in a show full of them. The chemistry with Lyria is good and would not work with Djeeta
It would work just fine, it's called lesbianism. They wouldn't even need to change anything.
GenesisAriaOct 15, 2019 2:31 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 17, 2019 2:40 PM

Sep 2015
Kuro_Neko04 said:
Nayout said:

wait a second.

I'm reading the mango and watching the anime, but never played the gacha... there is the male/female char option, but what about the relashionship between MC and Lyria then?
I mean both in the anime and mango there are many sweety romance scenes between them. What if you choose Djeeta in the game? I mean yuri would be good but I suppose that in the gacha story mode there aren't sweety scenes between Djeeta and Lyria right? Isn't this a big difference in the chara development of the "Male/female option" story?

just thought about this lmao

GenesisAria said:
Unfortunate that production quality has gone down. MAPPA isn't replicating A-1 Pictures' style very well. It's not bad at all and there's a lot more movement, but in a way there's almost too much movement; it feels over-animated instead of purposeful, also has a lot of awkward camera work and scene framing. Sound production is lacking. Everything happening way too quickly and not giving you a chance to see anything... wack pacing.

Nayout said:
I completely disagree. Even if you were to script them exactly the same, it gives off a different feel and a different voice actor can deliver different intonations. Overall if i compared both the original first ep, and the special episode with Djeeta, it felt way more interesting, and the chemistry was really fresh and unique. You don't ever really get to experience female protagonists in anime like that.

I heard some people say that the special episode was higher level meaning better dialogue? I dunno anything about that so i can't speak for that. All i know is that i enjoyed it a lot more with Djeeta as protag. Not because i dislike Gran, it's just that he's pretty standard and not memorable, whereas a girl with the same personality and role is not common at all. Having the same relationships and such in context made it very interesting and fun to watch.

@Kuro_Neko04

Kayleon said:
It would work just fine, it's called lesbianism. They wouldn't even need to change anything.

If people surprised him it is because the episode is seen from a protagonist much more ahead of the time that is currently shown Gran, in the same episode Djeeta was seen with the Warlock suit a class that does not unlock until reaching rank 101+ and at that moment you are already in the second arc of the story and the protagonist is already called Singularity.

I insist, each one may like one or the other but there is no difference other than the prejudices of the one who is seeing it. All the main scenes in the story are the same regardless of the sex of the protagonist, nothing changes.
Oct 17, 2019 2:52 PM

Dec 2009
Nayout said:
GenesisAria said:

@Kuro_Neko04

If people surprised him it is because the episode is seen from a protagonist much more ahead of the time that is currently shown Gran, in the same episode Djeeta was seen with the Warlock suit a class that does not unlock until reaching rank 101+ and at that moment you are already in the second arc of the story and the protagonist is already called Singularity.

I insist, each one may like one or the other but there is no difference other than the prejudices of the one who is seeing it. All the main scenes in the story are the same regardless of the sex of the protagonist, nothing changes.

What do you mean about the Warlock thing? Is it just gear or is it actually affecting the dialogue etc by being higher level?

If it's the same regardless of anything, then thanks for clearing that up and confirming. As i stated, i was talking completely about the nature of the voice actors and the uniqueness of the concept contextually regarding narrative and character relationships. I don't buy into that whole "just because they say the same things and act the same they must be exactly the same person", because there's other subtleties and nuances to consider outside of the script. That's all i was getting at. A female lead in this kind of shounen FF-style fantasy adventure would be the less safe path, but the more interesting one imo (producers stay with male protags cuz it's safe bet to make back the money on the production). A character like so for a male is pretty common and generally expected, but a character like so for a female is a bit different from the norm/expectation.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 22, 2019 7:24 AM

Dec 2008
NOT bad, at least it takes off where season 1 kinda left off. Though the older guy with the eypatch is WAAAY buffer than he was before, which is funny. I found it interesting too that the first primal beast of seaso n2 was named after a mezoamerican god, isntead of an actual mythical beast like the others. Oh well. Seems good so far.
Nov 27, 2019 10:46 PM

Sep 2010
All I can say is, the art looks pretty neat. As for the rest of the show...meh...
Mar 21, 2020 2:11 PM

Apr 2012
Ah, bit of a shame the fancy brushstrokes-like artwork was discontinued, but it was probably hard to produce.

Glad to finally be reunited with the crew again. Merc Story was decent but I was in need of grander and blueer fantasy.
Dec 20, 2020 8:54 AM

Jul 2015
Gran really do be starting the first episode of this second season by retrieving an injured girl from the chasm instead of a toy sword. Pommern really hasn't learned anything last season, time for some more ass whooping.

Jun 11, 2022 4:01 PM

Jan 2021
It was immediately obvious in the first minute the artwork and animation quality fell into the toilet from the first season. Came here to see if there was a studio change and sure enough there was. Looks too clean and shiny. I liked the sketch look the first season had. Also agree with the earlier comment about how it's too over-animated. First impression is I'm not going to like this season nearly as much but we'll see where it goes. I don't get why they couldn't just have the same studio make this one. Cygames can't afford it? Because this really looks a lot cheaper quality.
Mar 5, 2023 6:43 AM

Oct 2021
I really like the new OP, cowgirl with big titi in 1st episode 5/5
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

43 by TheSekiryuutei »»
Aug 3, 2023 8:00 AM

» What made this cygames adaptation flop that others didnt

cunnylicious - Apr 19, 2023

1 by official_brown »»
Apr 21, 2023 6:40 AM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2019

36 by cafekun »»
Dec 16, 2021 9:58 AM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Season 2 Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2019

31 by NwAurion »»
Jun 21, 2021 2:33 PM

» Will this anime spoil the plot of the game for me?

Rojaseb - Jun 3, 2021

2 by Rojaseb »»
Jun 4, 2021 5:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.