Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Dr. Stone Episode 14 Discussion

Oct 4, 2:23 PM

ok wow new Op and an interesting episode..glad that chrome won

Oct 4, 3:04 PM

Magma and Mantle truly are some dipshits ngl xd

Rip Kinro. A man of honour, fought earnestly against Magma
Was a bit disappointing to see him lose this way tho after the last ep..

Ginro's fight was hella hilarious xd

Gen's appearance was a bit random.. Probably gonna be a minus for me if it's not properly explained why he is there now
I'd also be wondering if Tsukasa trusts Gen really that much.. It's Tsukasa after all

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka

Oct 4, 3:11 PM
haha sock that magma in the crotch gotta love team science and Chrome!

Oct 4, 3:19 PM
of Blades

Yeah! They won! The Kingdom of Science has won! Wait, is Tsukasa going to be there in the next episode?

Oh, the outro is also new. You see that guy there holding Senku's hand? Yes, it's probably his father. I think his father is the one who activated that green light that turned all humans to stones.
キミと私 きっといま同じ気持ちだよ

Oct 4, 3:58 PM

So satisfying to see Magma lose, especially after what he did to Kinro. That was straight out cheating and they sure got him back for that. A good punch of that spear to the crotch. Great stuff!

In the end, great teamwork is what got them to beat Magma, I definitely didn't expect Asagiri Gen to be back this soon and have some influence on the match!

Don't like the OP Song (Visually it looks amazing) that much compared to the 1st one.

Oct 4, 3:59 PM
The new OP is dope. The new Ep was okay.

Oct 4, 4:03 PM

I like how the new OP looks like, but i will kinda miss the old ED.
I'm so glad that Chrome won.
Gen has come back, i really like this character just because i myself am a huge Cola lover xd.

Oct 4, 4:20 PM
Forum Moderator
Little bit of DBZ time logic for a while there when Chrome was lighting Magma on fire. In this case 60 seconds took a lot longer than 60 seconds lol.

Nice new opening. Not as good as the first, but maybe it'll grow on me.
We can be happy, when the cicadas cry.

Oct 4, 4:42 PM
Solid episode imo. Chrome's won, but will he be able to hold on to these injuries. I mean, adrenaline is holding him off for now, and the other semifinal is sure going to be slow. I'm just curious, will Senku or Ginro "fight" Chrome for Ruri's hand? And finally, we will be back to Tsukasa, since it appears no one will pose a threat in the village anymore. The opening got me curious. One thing caught my eye: swords. Will this be the ultimate weapon against Tsukasa? Can Kinro (maybe Magma) at least put up a fight against Tsukasa, if they team up? And what was that happened, in the opening, that left Senku so surprised? And the ending saw Senku's mother for the first time? Anyways, I hope they don't fool us and Senku and Ruri can talk about whatever Ruri wanted to talk before the Grand Bout.
Edit: apparently, it's Senku's father on the ending??

Oct 4, 5:19 PM

New OP is okay, but ED? Nah. I don't like it.
Dub = fake crap. Always.

Oct 4, 5:19 PM

As crazy and over the top as this was, I enjoyed it. xD

I was cheering for Chrome and when he won I was grinning.
Looking forward to more.

Oct 4, 5:55 PM
The chapters in this episode didn't translate well into anime...

Oct 4, 6:27 PM
That new OP tho

Seriously was not expecting what I saw this episode.

I like that the mentalist came back, can't resist that cola.

But still really wanna know how that girl (Rui I think/the sick girl) might know Senku. Biggest thing on my mind at the moment

Oct 4, 6:36 PM

Magma losing by burning was quite ironic

Oct 4, 7:35 PM
love that rigged team battle... magma literally has been burned!!! hahahaha...
now its Kingdom Science to win this one..

Oct 4, 7:42 PM

Chrome's victory was insanely hype, like I'm actually really surprised by how engaging it was. Awesome episode.

New OP's kinda bland.

Oct 4, 7:54 PM
Good OP and ED. I like how the vibe is still the same as the first one.

Damn, Magma is strong! He managed to smash that watermelon to pieces with one blow, not to mention the weapon is covered in clothing to reduce the damage.

I already know how it's going to end. Screw my classmate for reading the manga. He told me who's going to win and that thing with Ruri and Senku. He also told me about those stone statues and Tsukasa.

Overall, this episode is a weird one. I couldn't predict what's gonna happen. It's just a bunch of weird stuff going on.

Oct 4, 7:58 PM

If you wanted science to win, there's surely some better ways to do it. It literally took 7 minutes of standing still and talking to work.

Oct 4, 8:32 PM
I'm surprised at myself not being able to guess this outcome. Of course the one true love is going to prevail in the end! Some good and bad moments for me ultimately in this episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 4, 8:33 PM

Ah nice new op and ed.

Haha, take that Magma you scum!

I wouldn't be surprised if Senku wins this now that the others are pretty messed up.

Plus there is what Ruri was talking about last episode which might give him motivation to win anyway.

Oct 4, 11:56 PM
QUESTION: If kinro is nearsighted then how did he wear suika's mask so perfectly?

Oct 5, 12:23 AM

Chrome:

Hey Magma

I'm not planned to kill you

I will save you with kindness

YEY
-Rip DICK almost killed xD

Oct 5, 12:52 AM

AnotherGuy said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Most of the things would work, although it seems main guy always take the long route to the solution.
Yes, I know they would work in theory, the problem is putting them in practise. Many of the things Senkuu does on the show aren't that easy to do even with today's level of technology, in a lab setting and with high purity materials. It's ridiculous to think someone would be able to run the experiments Senkuu does with bronze age levels of tecnology, with ingredients made from scratch and almost no way of verifying purity/concentration. But my point is that it ultimately doesn't matter, as long as the show is fun to watch.
I would not say ridiculous. When I was still in school I have done a lot of those and most worked. I have a book called Fun Physics that is basically a collection of physical experiments and the explanation for what is going on behind the phenomenon. Also you might be surprised but except electronics most things were known and used even back then. They could not mass manufacture them or be extremely precise with many of them but they could accomplish a lot of things. Our ancestors were not dumb. Despite the evolution fairy tale humans were inventive from the very start... well most humans... societies that did not need to be so like the american indians and subsharan negroids are the exceptions as they did not have to plan ahead to much. Winter and lack of resources was one of the main things that pushed civilization forward.
Nieznajomy43 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
And apparently japanese hate garlic... garlic would have simplified the search for a cure all drug.

how garlic would simplify process of making drug???

It would eliminate the need to make the drug. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/265853.php
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4103721/
Just mix garlic with honey or milk and consume a bit every day for two weeks.
Modified by nightcrawlercyp, Oct 5, 1:01 AM

Oct 5, 12:59 AM
The New OP and ED were meh... Prefer the 1st ones... The episode itself was great... Kinda sad for Kinro.. Suika cute... Gen-Chan and Ginro best Bois and Kohaku-san best girl!!! Happy for Chrome!!! He deserves it
FanBoii

Oct 5, 2:11 AM

Oh god, THAT scene in the new OP and the new ED... I'm not ready for the feels-!

Chrome's critical hit on Magma was very satisfying

Oct 5, 3:49 AM

As expected, Kinro's always following the rules. But, that dirty trick from Magma was the final straw. The fight was amazing. Behold the power of optics! Chrome got Magma in the balls as well.

Oct 5, 4:18 AM

Retolee said:
If you wanted science to win, there's surely some better ways to do it. It literally took 7 minutes of standing still and talking to work.

We call that great writing.

Oct 5, 4:37 AM

This anime is ridiculously stupid yet I enjoy watching it every week

Oct 5, 5:58 AM

Aonis said:
New ED tho, smol Senku is so cute, I teared up
The ED just added more depth to Senku than the entire current arc. He misses his dad.

Oct 5, 6:36 AM

Cool, we have a new OP but I still like the first one tbh. Good ep looks like Science won.

Oct 5, 7:46 AM
Great episode! 😁
1. Hell, damn cheater magma, otherwise, Kinro would have won.
2. I loved the new opening, and I loved the first ending "LIFE", it's a shame that they changed it.
3.I did not stop laughing with the participation of Ginro, hahaha 😂.
4.Chrome required ingenuity rather than force, it showed off in its fight. Besides, Gen's help came in handy. Chrome has my respect for not thinking of giving up at any time. Senku has taught him well 😁.

Thanks to the science of Senku, the Chrome tenacity, and Gen's tricks, they won one more victory for the scientific kingdom ✊.

Oct 5, 8:07 AM

I'm already liking the new OP, but I'll surely miss the first one. I think I like the previous better, but this episode is good as well.

4/5

Oct 5, 8:43 AM

Such a good ep, sad to see the original op and ed go as they were both soooo good to me but the new ending looks cute ! Gonna have to wait and see if the new op grows on me.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers

Oct 5, 8:59 AM
nightcrawlercyp said:
AnotherGuy said:
Yes, I know they would work in theory, the problem is putting them in practise. Many of the things Senkuu does on the show aren't that easy to do even with today's level of technology, in a lab setting and with high purity materials. It's ridiculous to think someone would be able to run the experiments Senkuu does with bronze age levels of tecnology, with ingredients made from scratch and almost no way of verifying purity/concentration. But my point is that it ultimately doesn't matter, as long as the show is fun to watch.
I would not say ridiculous. When I was still in school I have done a lot of those and most worked. I have a book called Fun Physics that is basically a collection of physical experiments and the explanation for what is going on behind the phenomenon. Also you might be surprised but except electronics most things were known and used even back then. They could not mass manufacture them or be extremely precise with many of them but they could accomplish a lot of things. Our ancestors were not dumb. Despite the evolution fairy tale humans were inventive from the very start... well most humans... societies that did not need to be so like the american indians and subsharan negroids are the exceptions as they did not have to plan ahead to much. Winter and lack of resources was one of the main things that pushed civilization forward.
Nieznajomy43 said:

how garlic would simplify process of making drug???

It would eliminate the need to make the drug. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/265853.php

I still would prefer to stay with antibiotic. :P

Although it is shown that garlic may have a significant clinical potential either in their own right or as adjuvant therapy in different disorders, however, due to some issues, such as methodological inadequacies, small sample sizes, lack of information regarding dose rationale, variation between efficacy and effectiveness trials, the absence of a placebo comparator, or lack of control groups more standard experiments and researches are needed to confirm the beneficial effect of garlic in various diseases.

Oct 5, 9:36 AM

i know i know this shit is far from scientific accurate bla bla bla, the drag and situation are kinda stupid and india soap opera'ish.
BUT, i really like the hype, humor, and curious with the plot, im down with shit bruh.
Stop that, i know y'all have 200 iq but stop it, this is not documentary or educational media, we all know it within the first ep.
◕‿◕)♡ Check my guide to rate\(^▽^)/Check my modded list ♡(◕‿◕
٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶ Check and vote up my review ٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶

Oct 5, 9:58 AM

The show is kind of shit. The beginning of the show was just okay but things have really started to go downhill.
This tournament arc was particularly bad. Magma is a trash tier generic villain.

I only really started this show because my irl friend told me about this anime but I'm gonna drop it if things don't improve in the next arc
Our existence precedes our essence

Oct 5, 10:13 AM

evoniee said:
i know i know this shit is far from scientific accurate bla bla bla, the drag and situation are kinda stupid and india soap opera'ish.
BUT, i really like the hype, humor, and curious with the plot, im down with shit bruh.
Stop that, i know y'all have 200 iq but stop it, this is not documentary or educational media, we all know it within the first ep.

It has a yt channel from a teacher who is analyzing all episodes and all scientific methods are 100% real and accurate.
But it is not an English channel. I hope an english-speaking chemist/physicist professional do something similar.

Oct 5, 10:29 AM
I might like this new OP even more than the first one, it’s got a good song and gorgeous visuals. ED is kinda cute, but can’t compare to the first.

This arc was fun. Lol, Magma set on fire, hit in the balls and pushed off a cliff. A decisive victory for science xD

Oct 5, 11:06 AM

Haven’t even finished the episode yet but man, the new OP is straight up fire. Visually it’s a major upgrade, and the song is just as good if not better than the first one. Back to finishing the episode...

Oct 5, 11:30 AM

HaXXspetten said:
Okay that felt... kinda forced. I mean seriously there are so many things that have to be ideal for that fire trick to work. Not just Chrome holding perfectly still but even Magma shifting position a milimeter would make the light's focus point change and ruin it

That said, I wasn't expecting Chrome to be the one to beat Magma in this tournament so that's a positive at least

You’re watching a show where someone counts 3,700 years in seconds and knows how to make even the most minute detail. Yet, your problem was that the light trick wouldn’t work. Hm.

Oct 5, 12:01 PM

Nieznajomy43 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

I still would prefer to stay with antibiotic. :P

Although it is shown that garlic may have a significant clinical potential either in their own right or as adjuvant therapy in different disorders, however, due to some issues, such as methodological inadequacies, small sample sizes, lack of information regarding dose rationale, variation between efficacy and effectiveness trials, the absence of a placebo comparator, or lack of control groups more standard experiments and researches are needed to confirm the beneficial effect of garlic in various diseases.

True , but is harder to manufacture.

Oct 5, 12:11 PM
Sr_N said:
evoniee said:

It has a yt channel from a teacher who is analyzing all episodes and all scientific methods are 100% real and accurate.
But it is not an English channel. I hope an english-speaking chemist/physicist professional do something similar.

Funny how some haters are bashing this series because is "incorrect" but in reality they are wrong.

Oct 5, 12:32 PM
Hug Addict <3

BlakexEkalb said:
HaXXspetten said:
Okay that felt... kinda forced. I mean seriously there are so many things that have to be ideal for that fire trick to work. Not just Chrome holding perfectly still but even Magma shifting position a milimeter would make the light's focus point change and ruin it

That said, I wasn't expecting Chrome to be the one to beat Magma in this tournament so that's a positive at least

You’re watching a show where someone counts 3,700 years in seconds and knows how to make even the most minute detail. Yet, your problem was that the light trick wouldn’t work. Hm.
Trust me, I've complained about the petrification consciousness aspect and Senku's inexplicable perfect memory countless times already

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"

Oct 5, 12:37 PM

Kohaku is best girl PERIOD. Her embrace with Suika almost brought me to tears for real. Shows how much she cares about her friends.

Our boy Chrome vs Senku in the final battle??? We'll see.
Fall 2019 Waifus in Profile.

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 5, 1:25 PM
Yes, this episode was kinda unscientific, but I think it really shows what it must show us: Chrome becoming independent by learning from Senku and how powerful Gen actually is.

Anyway, I think this is the biggest asspull in the series, so don't worry about that. I'm looking forward to seeing the next episode already.

Oct 5, 1:48 PM

I’am happy for Chrome, hopefully they will let him win. Nice episode.

Oct 5, 3:17 PM

"I'm a bit of a science user myself!"

Oct 5, 8:30 PM

nice.. but animation-wise it seems to lose some of that quality! :(
if i wake up & i'm a donut, i would eat me up! i wouldn't think about it.

Oct 5, 9:12 PM

aww, i loved the new ED!

And that tournament went great! Can't wait to see them start stacking up the medicine!

Oct 5, 9:43 PM

Nieznajomy43 said:
Some people are saying that Chrome's plan wouldn't work, at least for me sounded legit, could someone clarify scientifically? I only know that surface tension is shown correct.

Water lenses are real although some smart people commenting here seem to be oblivious to them. So what Chrome did is not impossible.
Modified by Hex-One, Oct 5, 10:00 PM

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »