Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Dr. Stone Episode 14 Discussion

Oct 5, 10:26 PM

New OP & ED...but i still prefer the old OP & old ED!
LOL i laughed so hard when the moment I saw the actual beat-up face of Ginrou.
Way to go Chrome! with the help of the acting of Asagiri!, they have defeated Magma!
5/5.

Oct 5, 11:15 PM
Leo said:
Great episode. Loved it.

The new OP isn't that bad though I do prefer the first one.

Too bad Kinro lost against Magma. Chrome fought hard and thanks to science, was able to defeat Magma.
Gen Asagiri is back.

I hope Chrome ends up Ruri.
[/spoiler]
Not happening....

Oct 6, 2:18 AM

Hex-One said:
Nieznajomy43 said:
Some people are saying that Chrome's plan wouldn't work, at least for me sounded legit, could someone clarify scientifically? I only know that surface tension is shown correct.

Water lenses are real although some smart people commenting here seem to be oblivious to them. So what Chrome did is not impossible.
no one says they do not exist. What was said was this would not work. The video has different conditions than in the anime.

Oct 6, 6:48 AM

Personally, I'm really loving this new OP. Musically; less than the first op, but visually, more than the last op.

Man, I knew something like that was going to happen to Kinro. It's nice being honourable and all, but even the most Lawful Good Paladin would make sure his opponent stays down first. (Unless we move into Lawful stupid)

Loved Ginro's self-image of himself... and that transition... and those side-effects. Guess that happens when you re-introduce caffeine to the human body thousands of years later without it.

Got to say, I'm really liking Gen, and YES, NUT SHOT FROM CHROME!
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (I'm looking at you, To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases when I blabber on about them.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory', and small breasts justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Oct 6, 9:41 AM

What a great episode! pretty good plot twist there, even the new ending is actually dope!

Oct 6, 12:22 PM

Ouch! That's gonna hurt X) That bastard got what he deserve. He is in no position to call others cheater!

Another great episode! I couldn't stop staring at Suika's ugly face who looks like an old lady XD Too funny!

Oct 6, 2:56 PM

Combined strength of Chrome, Senku and Gen led to this victory! Chrome might be in bad shape, but it's completely understandable after a hard fight. Magma surely was formidable and had his own useful ally as well (Mantle; I dislike him too, but well.. he wanted to help his friend too).

Gen's magic can make a difference. His small trick of imitating resurrected powerful sorcerer was able to stop Magma for enough time for Chrome to use lenses from Suika's hat.

Scene with Kohaku hugging Suika after finding out she is alright was really adorable.

New OP and ED are alright. While first OP had better music and similar quality of visuals, both endings differ. The second one has better music. As for visuals... if you haven't read the manga you won't feel them feels and symbolism... ;_; Its meaning will be explained later in the anime, so don't worry. ;p

@komic , aye, I think the latter option might be this Season's finale. It would fit the overall atmosphere and finish the current saga with giving a hint about the continuation.

Oct 6, 8:51 PM

This has to be easily the most underwhelming "tournament arc" I have ever seen. Just imagine how much cringe we could have avoided if Kinrou hadn't believed in Magma's words in such stupid way.

Quite bad episode if you ask me but at least after this charade, my boy Chrome has clean path to win and marry Ruri.

Oct 7, 12:23 AM

SouthRzVa said:
This has to be easily the most underwhelming "tournament arc" I have ever seen. Just imagine how much cringe we could have avoided if Kinrou hadn't believed in Magma's words in such stupid way.

Quite bad episode if you ask me but at least after this charade, my boy Chrome has clean path to win and marry Ruri.

It is hardly an arc. Ben like 3 episodes maximum.

Oct 7, 3:31 AM

I like the new OP. The first one had a more shounen vibe but this one works as well. I like both to be honest. I prefer the first ED song-wise but the visuals for the 2nd ED are way better.

My baby boy, Kinro got bashed in the head. :( But at least from the OP you can tell he'll start wearing glasses. He'll be our megane chara. Ginro is just a meme. His censored tiny johnson ain't impressing no one.

Old Man Kaseki looked so badass in the OP! I love him. Definitely one of my faves and I can't wait to see him get more screen time. I loved all his appearances in the manga.

Also that ending, Chrome's training to target Magma's sausage and eggs did not go to waste. Boy was able to pull off the winning move.
There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards.

Oct 7, 5:39 AM

cchigu said:
"He mAdE a CoNcAvE lEnS ouT oF SwEaT aNd TeArs."

This bullshit is the worst bullshit in the history of shounen bullshit. What a bullshit, fuck this bullshit.

bullshit/5
They meant convex man, no need to get so salty over a typo.
I honestly have no idea what I'm supposed to type here.
*imitates an old man*
"Back in my day, we used to write our names fancy when they asked our signature!"

Oct 7, 6:30 AM

How did Chrome know what a minute is?

nightcrawlercyp said:
Also even with the water that lens will not work due to the fact water and glass are not the same. If the water would be frozen wold work, in this situation will not work. It is a good episode as a shonen show but as a show that tries to be scientific is not in any way. Really disappointing.

Uh what? It doesn't matter if it's water and glass. It's even a well known survival technique to take plastic wrap put it in a frame and pour water in it to make a lense to start a fire. You can go on youtube and find tons of videos of this including during not so optimal conditions where the water was clearly moving from high wind.

Oct 7, 6:36 AM
First of all, the new op was fine, but I'd prefer the old ones. I think it's more hype when the show starts with "ohayou sekai good morning worldddddddddd". Anyways, I didn't expect Kinrou to lost to Magma. But what would you expect from those dirty bastards? I learned from Ginrou that too much caffeine can cause diarrhea. Gen's deceiving spell was a clever trick, plus Chrome was slowly becoming a true man of science! His last shot to Magma was so funny though. Can't wait for the next episode, I think they'll have a discussion with Ruri.

Oct 7, 9:40 AM

Vindicater said:
SouthRzVa said:

It is hardly an arc. Ben like 3 episodes maximum.

Mini Arc then.

#KeepItSteadyChrome

Oct 7, 12:02 PM
Victory for the kingdom of science

Oct 7, 1:49 PM

traed said:

nightcrawlercyp said:
Also even with the water that lens will not work due to the fact water and glass are not the same. If the water would be frozen wold work, in this situation will not work. It is a good episode as a shonen show but as a show that tries to be scientific is not in any way. Really disappointing.

Uh what? It doesn't matter if it's water and glass. It's even a well known survival technique to take plastic wrap put it in a frame and pour water in it to make a lense to start a fire. You can go on youtube and find tons of videos of this including during not so optimal conditions where the water was clearly moving from high wind.
Not the same thing. A plastic foil is thin thus the it will not change the path of light that much. So the refractive difference does not really matter. Also nearsightness glasses are generally concave on both sides so filling just one side will not work. If they are concave on just one side then you can just reverse them and have the needed effect. Either way makes no sense.
SceptileBlade said:
cchigu said:
"He mAdE a CoNcAvE lEnS ouT oF SwEaT aNd TeArs."

This bullshit is the worst bullshit in the history of shounen bullshit. What a bullshit, fuck this bullshit.

bullshit/5
Not the point. The point is unless you freeze the water not so easy to do this.

Oct 7, 2:25 PM

landofthekwt said:
Victory for the kingdom of science

Yeah, nothing is impossible for the Kingdom of Science. Chrome is amazing for winning like that, making even Senku surprised. Also Gen is always a trump card.

Oct 7, 3:51 PM
I really like the new OP. I liked the old one but it took me a bit to get used to it. Not as big of a fan of the new ED though. Chrome deserves the win with his true love of Ruri. <3 and Gen is back with his mentalist act.

Oct 7, 6:33 PM

nightcrawlercyp said:
traed said:

Not the same thing. A plastic foil is thin thus the it will not change the path of light that much. So the refractive difference does not really matter. Also nearsightness glasses are generally concave on both sides so filling just one side will not work. If they are concave on just one side then you can just reverse them and have the needed effect

I've seen someone do it with a plastic bowl filled with water on a howling windy day not just thin plastic wrap. That isn't as thin.

I have glasses for myopia and they aren't concave on both sides. The outer side seems more convex. Though it's not as powerful a prescription based on how blurry things were portrayed.

Oct 7, 7:03 PM

What an episode! Fell kinda bad for Taiju but it's his fault.

That play made by Chrome, Senku and Asagiri was so good, i was like "there's no way he will stay there for 1min straight", 10 seconds later Asagiri appears ahaha

Wonder if there will be something relevant about this fight in the next episode since they already won.

One of the best if not the best scene of this episode, so true.

@deg
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 8, 3:55 AM

nightcrawlercyp said:
traed said:

Not the same thing. A plastic foil is thin thus the it will not change the path of light that much. So the refractive difference does not really matter. Also nearsightness glasses are generally concave on both sides so filling just one side will not work. If they are concave on just one side then you can just reverse them and have the needed effect. Either way makes no sense.
SceptileBlade said:
Not the point. The point is unless you freeze the water not so easy to do this.

Yeah, that's definitely true, but in the end, it would probably have started a fire. If Senku had given a bigger number, then Gen would have said his "spell" would have held for that many more minutes.
I honestly have no idea what I'm supposed to type here.
*imitates an old man*
"Back in my day, we used to write our names fancy when they asked our signature!"

Oct 8, 11:41 AM

traed said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Not the same thing. A plastic foil is thin thus the it will not change the path of light that much. So the refractive difference does not really matter. Also nearsightness glasses are generally concave on both sides so filling just one side will not work. If they are concave on just one side then you can just reverse them and have the needed effect

I've seen someone do it with a plastic bowl filled with water on a howling windy day not just thin plastic wrap. That isn't as thin.

I have glasses for myopia and they aren't concave on both sides. The outer side seems more convex. Though it's not as powerful a prescription based on how blurry things were portrayed.
In a sense they are . Basically the middle is thinner . Also your glasses I doubt are made of glass. Maybe you have seen how glasses looked just 50 years ago in pictures at least and based on this can tell the difference. I have miopia too btw. I think I read somewhere about 90% suffer from this although in many cases is so mild it goes unnoticed.

Oct 8, 3:39 PM

nightcrawlercyp said:
traed said:

In a sense they are . Basically the middle is thinner . Also your glasses I doubt are made of glass. Maybe you have seen how glasses looked just 50 years ago in pictures at least and based on this can tell the difference. I have miopia too btw. I think I read somewhere about 90% suffer from this although in many cases is so mild it goes unnoticed.

If it was sunnier I would just test it myself. They are pretty old glasses because I almost never use glasses from how it feels weird. So it could be actual glass but I can't remember far back enough. I know different materials have different optical properties and refractive properties. What was shown wasn't pure water though it was sweat which would change the properties from the sodium content and lipids and these actually would be somewhat unique to an individual and point in time so there is some range here.

Oct 8, 5:47 PM

This show goes to huge lens in order for the "science" to work lol.

Oct 8, 6:14 PM

a very amusing episode. Magma almost got what he deserved. he clearly deserves a lot worse. Gen's reappearance wasn't random. I think that things may start getting serious. looking forward to the next episode.

Oct 9, 12:10 AM

traed said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

If it was sunnier I would just test it myself. They are pretty old glasses because I almost never use glasses from how it feels weird. So it could be actual glass but I can't remember far back enough. I know different materials have different optical properties and refractive properties. What was shown wasn't pure water though it was sweat which would change the properties from the sodium content and lipids and these actually would be somewhat unique to an individual and point in time so there is some range here.
You are correct but still does not solve the problem with the over side still being concave.

Oct 9, 1:09 AM

nightcrawlercyp said:
traed said:

You are correct but still does not solve the problem with the over side still being concave.

The bottom is convex from what ive seen even though yes the edges are thicker and diagrams show both sides concave. The top if you include the fluid would be slightly convex from water surface tension I would think.

Oct 9, 8:18 AM

traed said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

The bottom is convex from what ive seen even though yes the edges are thicker and diagrams show both sides concave. The top if you include the fluid would be slightly convex from water surface tension I would think.
Yes, it will be slightly convex. I refered to the diagram as well. Anyway is a minor ofrence compared to magma getting up after those hits so lets leave it at that.

Oct 12, 8:37 AM

A funny episode, but the facial expressions were a bit weird for the first half.

I liked the thematic ending to the tournament, though, it definitely fit the tone of the show

We are humans, not fish.
We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha

Oct 14, 5:31 AM

Another unskippable opening after "Hello World". I'm gonna miss it but the new one is awesome too.

Last time was Suika butting in to help Kinro, now Gen to Chrome... it's kinda unfair. They had to find a way to deal with the opponents themselves. These are one-on-one matches.
ウォリック
アルカンジェロ

Oct 14, 10:44 AM

All that’s left for Senku is to revive an engineer, doctor and mechanic and he has the ultimate post-apocalypse team

Oct 15, 2:57 PM
Kohaku is by far the worst anime character of the year, weebs obsessed with her are sad lmfao

Oct 18, 7:32 PM

The new op is cool.

Of course Magma won by playing dirty. Not that Senku’s side are completely innocent lol

I love the gap between Ginro’s self image and reality. The poor girls were screaming in terror was amazing.

Magma has been defeated! I was especially impressed by Gen’s manipulation.

Oct 20, 4:08 AM

Lmaoooo terrible episode. It took half of it to start a fire

Oct 20, 6:42 AM
I LOVE THE NEW OPENING SONG!!!

Oct 22, 3:15 AM

New OP and ED, I do like the ED but I still like the previous ones better.
Turns out Gen the mentalist will save the day.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia

Oct 26, 2:51 PM

oh my God this episode was roughly four different varieties of retarded. Not the science, either -- my idiocy in physics and lack of fucks to give make a threatening reinforcement for my suspension of disbelief -- but everything surrounding it. Everything that happened was completely asinine and I am aghast at how bafflingly idiotic that entire sequence of events was.

That said, this is my kind of retardation and got dang does this show excite me despite all of my better instincts. It's immersive and funny despite itself.

Discord: Zadion#0202
RateYourMusic
last.fm

Nov 2, 12:14 AM

Science group messed up the battles. This time the anime got more comedic and irreal. The referee is stupid, or how can’t he notice an unfair battle and a bunch of events that demonstrates it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]