Forum Settings
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2019 11:24 AM

Nov 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So this is the moment when this manga becomes less than average - To me at least. Disappointed and sad since it started so well...
So, forget all we've seen before. It only took a little push for Rimuru to snap and change his approach from "no killing humans" to "The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic" - kind of mentality.
So Rimuru and his OP buddies will now go all seal-clubbing and genociding people to their hearts content, using "they attacked us first" as an excuse to butcher fodder soldiers without remorse or pity. Did the show really need to take that path? I thought Rimuru wasn't a type of guy who'd take the bloody, dark path as long as it BENEFITS him, wtf really?!
I expected the story to be more lighthearted and True to following quote: "courage is about knowing not when to take a life, but when to spare one" - up to this moment, this was exactly how the story went!
I expected Rimuru to take the toughest possible road. After all, he himself said he'd never become a demon lord before. But staying true to your words and ideals is what weakling do right? Being an edgy demon lord seems like a better, "cool" move by the author?
Ok, I'll endure the next chapter simply to see the disaster at its peak. Then I'll just drop it.

If you enjoy the story, you are free to do so, don't mind me. Feel free to ignore my rant.
Sigmar-UnberogenOct 3, 2019 11:27 AM
Oct 5, 2019 10:48 PM

Jan 2018
Finally, kill all those trashes and make the world clean again.
Oct 6, 2019 1:25 AM

Sep 2011
AzorAhai said:
So this is the moment when this manga becomes less than average - To me at least. Disappointed and sad since it started so well...
So, forget all we've seen before. It only took a little push for Rimuru to snap and change his approach from "no killing humans" to "The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic" - kind of mentality.
So Rimuru and his OP buddies will now go all seal-clubbing and genociding people to their hearts content, using "they attacked us first" as an excuse to butcher fodder soldiers without remorse or pity. Did the show really need to take that path? I thought Rimuru wasn't a type of guy who'd take the bloody, dark path as long as it BENEFITS him, wtf really?!
I expected the story to be more lighthearted and True to following quote: "courage is about knowing not when to take a life, but when to spare one" - up to this moment, this was exactly how the story went!
I expected Rimuru to take the toughest possible road. After all, he himself said he'd never become a demon lord before. But staying true to your words and ideals is what weakling do right? Being an edgy demon lord seems like a better, "cool" move by the author?
Ok, I'll endure the next chapter simply to see the disaster at its peak. Then I'll just drop it.

If you enjoy the story, you are free to do so, don't mind me. Feel free to ignore my rant.
Lol, you expecting him not to finally snap out of a delusional fantasy is baffling.
Oct 6, 2019 1:38 AM

Nov 2013
@Tyrel
Lol, you expecting him not to finally snap out of a delusional fantasy is baffling.
Why though? If we exclude excess amounts of fan-service with panty-shots and jiggling boobs, the anime/manga perfectly falls under a "story for kids" category. Or sure I say, it did, up until now. Rimuru "snapping" was a dramatic turn of events, and very contradicting and stupid i'd say...
Oct 6, 2019 2:13 AM

Jan 2008
AzorAhai said:
@Tyrel
Why though? If we exclude excess amounts of fan-service with panty-shots and jiggling boobs, the anime/manga perfectly falls under a "story for kids" category. Or sure I say, it did, up until now. Rimuru "snapping" was a dramatic turn of events, and very contradicting and stupid i'd say...

How would you expect him to act? He's not Gandhi. "Oh look, these Evangelicals committed genocide out of pure racism and nothing more. I better laugh it off and not do anything." Yes, he went against his own words, but up until then he hadn't lost a slew of people that he cared about due to his ideology, and he wasn't capable of being there to protect them. They stomped on his heart, spit in his eye, and he's supposed to go "Thank you. Can I have another?" He was originally human, and all humans are flawed. He wasn't originally going to be a demon lord, and wouldn't have tried become one if he hadn't been told "There aren't dragon balls in this world, but if you kill 10,000 people can you can resurrect everyone you want regardless."
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Oct 6, 2019 2:15 AM

May 2015
AzorAhai said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.

But what makes humans better than anyone that they'd deserve a special rule of not killing them? At first, it was Rimuru's attachment to his previous life that influenced his decision, but now he's not a human anymore and he built stronger bonds with all kinds of monsters. He still acknowledges that there are good and bad humans out there but these particular humans are bad from his point of view because they attacked without any reason other than bias and killed Rimuru's friends who did nothing wrong. What, he just has to swallow it and stick to his mentality of no harming humans? When this exact rule was what caused his friends to die due to not fighting at their full strength.

As for me, I find this turn of events quite logical and would be disappointed otherwise. I like the lighthearted tone of the series too but I don't mind it becoming somewhat darker. If anything, it makes it more interesting.
Oct 6, 2019 2:54 AM

Nov 2013
@kevin_video
How would you expect him to act? He's not Gandhi. "Oh look, these Evangelicals committed genocide out of pure racism and nothing more. I better laugh it off and not do anything.
lol, i'm not saying he should just stfu and be ok with what happened, BUT... What pisses me off the most is how EASY it was to "trigger" him and make him cross the line - which is to kill people. I would have been fine with Rimuru punishing people DIRECTLY involved in the attack on the city, but 10.000 people getting sacrificed is no-how justifiable and i see it as a pathetic excuse for him justifying genocide that is easily avoidable, but IS NOT, because he wants more power for himself - nothing else. Rimuru can EASILY make the attacking force surrender to him for instance, or look for alternatives for F's sake, but Nooo, gotta go for the EASIEST way that is also stupid because of 3% success chance lol. Well, we all know that by anime/manga logic, 3% success chance is going to be 100% success chance, but Rimuru should not be aware of that, so he is basically sacrificing 10.000 people INDISCRIMINATELY, just for a 3% success chance, and ONLY because someone gave him a bloody nose? what a pathetic weakling...
"Yes, he went against his own words, but up until then he hadn't lost a slew of people that he cared about due to his ideology,
once again this proves that Rimuru is a pathetic weakling. He's like one of those people who brags about honor and respect in a fist-fight, but as soon as someone gives him a hard beating, he suddenly draws a knife or pulls out a gun lol.
They stomped on his heart, spit in his eye, and he's supposed to go "Thank you. Can I have another?"
Dude, you're over-dramatizing things. It was a cowardly attack but don't portray it like he was betrayed or something...
He was originally human, and all humans are flawed. He wasn't originally going to be a demon lord, and wouldn't have tried become one if he hadn't been told "There aren't dragon balls in this world, but if you kill 10,000 people can you can resurrect everyone you want regardless."
So Rimuru betrays his own word, abandons his own ideology, becomes a mass-murderer, becomes a demon lord, all because his OP ass finally got into a REAL trouble once, plus because some elf said something about a 3% possibility of resurrection spell even working... How stupid is that. I'm dropping the series because I don't see a reason why i should even care or support a weakling trash MC like Rimuru. He was fun, but now he's a disgrace. The only redeeming point for the show would be if Millim turns out to have been behind this attack and she plotted to make Rimuru into a demon lord by making him desperate or whatever... But we all know she's too dumb to do that so...
Oct 6, 2019 3:07 AM

Nov 2013
@Ten

But what makes humans better than anyone that they'd deserve a special rule of not killing them? At first, it was Rimuru's attachment to his previous life that influenced his decision, but now he's not a human anymore and he built stronger bonds with all kinds of monsters. He still acknowledges that there are good and bad humans out there but these particular humans are bad from his point of view because they attacked without any reason other than bias and killed Rimuru's friends who did nothing wrong. What, he just has to swallow it and stick to his mentality of no harming humans? When this exact rule was what caused his friends to die due to not fighting at their full strength.
Well there's the FLAW. A bunch of humans are indeed responsible for the attack, but did all 10.000 people attack the city? Why choose "all Germans are Nazis" kind of logic? Because Rimuru just wants the resurrection spell, so he LIES to himself that he's merely killing "bad humans". I expected so much more from him, but now he's too pathetic of a character for me to care about. Rimuru was also too FAST and too EASY on deciding that he'll slaughter 10.000 people as if that's nothing. For someone who probably didn't harm a human in his life in Japan, going full serial-killer should have been a much more traumatizing decision, rather than what we saw in prev.chapters.

As for me, I find this turn of events quite logical and would be disappointed otherwise. I like the lighthearted tone of the series too but I don't mind it becoming somewhat darker. If anything, it makes it more interesting.
I wouldn't mind the story getting dark too, but Rimuru character transformation to me seems rushed and stupid. It would have been logical if Rimuru threw tantrums and in-rage destroyed people only to regret his decision later for example, but he basically betrayes his own word, betrayes his ideology, becomes a mass murderer, all too easily and too fast. He's weak, he's pathetic and he'll get no respect from me. I mean what kind of inspiration would you get from Rimuru? Being a good guy is wonderful, until you get beaten, then you may as well just kill dudes, because f**k being a good guy?
Sigmar-UnberogenOct 6, 2019 3:16 AM
Oct 6, 2019 5:13 AM

Jan 2008
AzorAhai said:
Well there's the FLAW. A bunch of humans are indeed responsible for the attack, but did all 10.000 people attack the city? Why choose "all Germans are Nazis" kind of logic? Because Rimuru just wants the resurrection spell, so he LIES to himself that he's merely killing "bad humans". I expected so much more from him, but now he's too pathetic of a character for me to care about. Rimuru was also too FAST and too EASY on deciding that he'll slaughter 10.000 people as if that's nothing. For someone who probably didn't harm a human in his life in Japan, going full serial-killer should have been a much more traumatizing decision, rather than what we saw in prev.chapters.

I'm going to go with the Overlord logic. He's been a monster for too long that he's lost the majority of his humanity. Ainz has absolutely no problem with slaughtering humans because they hate on monsters. Rimiru is probably more comfortable with it now for the same reasons. If the two met up, and they'd probably chastise each other for what they've done, then go "Oh wait, I did that too. Apologies." This series is definitely taking some of the same path that Overlord did, except that series ended up becoming more about world domination than trying to figure out why the real world and the game world merged together. In both cases, the MC is going from being the hero to the anti-hero to the villain.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Oct 6, 2019 7:28 AM

Nov 2013
@kevin_video

I'm going to go with the Overlord logic. He's been a monster for too long that he's lost the majority of his humanity. Ainz has absolutely no problem with slaughtering humans because they hate on monsters. Rimiru is probably more comfortable with it now for the same reasons. If the two met up, and they'd probably chastise each other for what they've done, then go "Oh wait, I did that too. Apologies." This series is definitely taking some of the same path that Overlord did, except that series ended up becoming more about world domination than trying to figure out why the real world and the game world merged together. In both cases, the MC is going from being the hero to the anti-hero to the villain.
I so not wanted "overlord" to appear as an example here :) i've dropped overlord and continued with slime since i expected Rimuru to be the opposite of Ainz, an op mc, but just and righteous, capable of finding kind solutions even in the darkest times. Total disappointment, i don't get it why author had to switch from comedy to this bullshit... Oh well...
Oct 6, 2019 9:55 AM

Jul 2015
Nice chapter,this is war.There is no reason to hesitate,full of Hype this chapter is.

Oct 6, 2019 3:30 PM

May 2015
AzorAhai said:

What else those people are doing there? They marched with an army to Rimuru in order to attack and slaughter the city of monsters. Even if they are just soldiers following orders and yet to actually attack, still they aren't just innocent civilians, they knew they were going to war. At this point, it's kill or be killed.
Maybe Rimuru's decision seems fast but it doesn't seem that he didn't give it an actual thought. Also, later in the chapter, the humans said it's been three days since nothing happened, I guess in times of emergency that's not exactly so fast.

AzorAhai said:
I wouldn't mind the story getting dark too, but Rimuru character transformation to me seems rushed and stupid. It would have been logical if Rimuru threw tantrums and in-rage destroyed people only to regret his decision later for example, but he basically betrayes his own word, betrayes his ideology, becomes a mass murderer, all too easily and too fast. He's weak, he's pathetic and he'll get no respect from me. I mean what kind of inspiration would you get from Rimuru? Being a good guy is wonderful, until you get beaten, then you may as well just kill dudes, because f**k being a good guy?

I don't think it's rushed. I specifically like the previous chapter when they took the time to discuss what is humanity and where Rimuru stands as a person or a monster and some issues were answered there too, you might not like the direction Rimuru is taking but it's at least should be understandable.
In the current chapter, they also discussed why becoming a demon lord is a good idea. It would shift the status among all other countries, humans will know not to mess with them and the same goes for other demon lords. Considering all the benefits of becoming a demon lord including the possibility to resurrect his friends, it doesn't seem like a silly choice. On the contrary, it's silly to cling onto previous beliefs just because he said so long ago while he was still new to the world and not aware of all the power dynamics. As I see it, Rimuru's previous statement was more childishly righteous while now he's becoming somewhat more mature.

Oct 7, 2019 8:40 AM
Jan 2018
AzorAhai said:
@kevin_video

I so not wanted "overlord" to appear as an example here :) i've dropped overlord and continued with slime since i expected Rimuru to be the opposite of Ainz, an op mc, but just and righteous, capable of finding kind solutions even in the darkest times. Total disappointment, i don't get it why author had to switch from comedy to this bullshit... Oh well...

wow salty because rimuru finally snapped out of his naivety about not attacking humans which finally came back to bite him in the ass ,
Oct 7, 2019 8:19 PM

Feb 2008
AzorAhai said:

up to this point, this manga had handled the whole human vs monsters contextually, but whenever i read stories like this, i almost never take anyone's side. This whole slaughter about to ensue is not particularly unjustified and most of the reservations people get is mostly due to the idea of a massacre of humans by monsters rather than general retaliation from aggression; and the idea of establishing one's strength as a deterrent.

Make no mistake, this is a war, and invaders will be purged. Even if they hadn't depicted those humans as detestable, their invasion should be met with what is about to ensue.

Certainly his need to ascend as the demon lord and the killing of the humans happen to be the same, but this isn't a bloodbath. If he could have achieved his objectives without killing any of them he would have done that...

now contrast that to say....Ainz.
Oct 8, 2019 4:42 AM

Nov 2013
@kisami

Certainly his need to ascend as the demon lord and the killing of the humans happen to be the same, but this isn't a bloodbath. If he could have achieved his objectives without killing any of them he would have done that...

Well the problem is i am not convinced that Rimuru looked for alternatives hard enough. He basically chose the first available option and decided to carry it out. His perfectly fine with the killing EVEN THOUGH becoming a demon lord does not guarantee he'll be able to resurrect anyone (3% success chance). This is fiction and shit, and i'm sure that 3% will turn out to be 100% success chance, but what if he fails? Doesn't that cross his mind? Does becoming a demon lord bring nothing but benefits lol? no downsides? (If there really are none, than the story is really stupid...) What if he sacrifices these people for nothing else but "show of force"? Is Rimuru naively gambling all for a mere 3%? Or is he aware that he's a MC in an Isekai story so there's nothing to worry about lol?

My problem with Rimuru is: Had no one died in the village during the attack, Rimuru would have used some OP power to "subdue" invading humans, enslave them, force them to surrender or whatever, but ALL it took for his snowflake ass to snap, was to lose "someone special" and he's suddenly all dark and "10.000 is just a number...whatever..." kind of guy.

A weak personality, heck i'd even call it a childish personality - All high and mighty until someone spits on him, then he goes all ogre mode - throwing tantrums. Rimuru is weak, easily triggered man-child who stays loyal to his principles only when they're convenient to him. He'd rather choose an easy path, even if it's bloody, rather than choosing a hard path, which is more righteous. Hence i don't care about him nor about the story. If he's fine with killing 10.000 enemies, why not label an entire city or a nation as "they attacked us first thus it's ok to kill'em" and sacrifice 50k, 100k, a million? why not?

P.S "Make no mistake, this is a war, and invaders will be purged. Even if they hadn't depicted those humans as detestable, their invasion should be met with what is about to ensue." - Unlike Ainz, Rimuru did not seem like a guy who'd "purge" just because he can. He seemed like a guy who COULD purge, but would rather not, because he's Rimuru and not Ainz. Guess i've put too much hope in a weak-willed and unstable MC, my bad...
Oct 8, 2019 5:15 AM

Nov 2013
@Ten

What else those people are doing there? They marched with an army to Rimuru in order to attack and slaughter the city of monsters. Even if they are just soldiers following orders and yet to actually attack, still they aren't just innocent civilians, they knew they were going to war. At this point, it's kill or be killed.
The thing is, Rimuru and his OP friends can easily deal with these "fodder" soldiers without breaking a sweat. Rimuru is perfectly aware that these soldiers see monsters as a threat, as a den of evil - they simply need to be proven wrong. I thought Rimuru was caring about an image, but image be damned right? Gotta use those two nukes on civilian targets to make my point?

Maybe Rimuru's decision seems fast but it doesn't seem that he didn't give it an actual thought. Also, later in the chapter, the humans said it's been three days since nothing happened, I guess in times of emergency that's not exactly so fast.
For a person who has yet to kill a single person, to decide it's fine to kill 10.000 in only three days, is hell fast transformation. Easily manipulated, weak-willed people do that.

you might not like the direction Rimuru is taking but it's at least should be understandable.
the fact that it's understandable is the reason why i'm dropping the show. Some people will like it, some (I) won't. I've decided not to like it since in my eyes Rimuru has fallen to a very low level. Just as i've mentioned before, he seems like a guy who's all like "I value honor and fairness in combat", but after 1 tough fight you'll see him doing dirty tricks and justifying it with "winning is what matters the most".

In the current chapter, they also discussed why becoming a demon lord is a good idea. It would shift the status among all other countries, humans will know not to mess with them and the same goes for other demon lords.
I doubt that lol. Why not consider that humans might actually want to fight more ferociously from now on? When it comes to demons lol, they possess even higher threat. A new competitor in their power struggle? We know of at least 1 OP demon who'd gladly erase Rimuru and his town. I'd say it's too naive to say Rimuru is making a point. He has a weak personality and "benefits of being a demon lord" is nothing more than "what lies should i tell myself so i can sleep soundly after a genocide"?

As I see it, Rimuru's previous statement was more childishly righteous while now he's becoming somewhat more mature.
I don't see how abandoning your principles (no matter how "childish" it seems) is a "mature" thing. Have you ever seen or heard of "Hacksaw Ridge", a story about ww2 medic who had a "childish" ideal that killing is wrong, even in war. Now tell me how mature it would have been of him to just pick a damn rifle and shoot a Jap in the face, the first time his "childish" beliefs were tested as he lost a friend and saw the horrors and injustices of war?

That medic stayed loyal to his principles despite the trial and kept his faith. Rimuru chose not to, despite ridiculously overpowered strength. Guess which person (and i don't care if the person is real or fictitious) i'd respect and root for?
Sigmar-UnberogenOct 8, 2019 5:23 AM
Oct 8, 2019 8:26 AM

Jan 2018
daaaaaamnnnn Gobuta, you look badaaasss
Oct 13, 2019 9:30 PM

Nov 2015
Ahh. Finally those humans getting what they deserve. And Rimuru snapped out of his naïve "do not harm humans" ideology. You can't rule a country without getting your hands dirty. That's a pretty badass creed there. @AzorAhai please note that he's NOT into unprovoked mass slaughter and won't be. This is necessary. Did the policy of appeasement work on the Nazis?
"There's your truth and there's my truth. As for the Universal Truth - it doesn't exist."
Oct 14, 2019 6:39 AM

Nov 2013
Evarinya said:
Ahh. Finally those humans getting what they deserve. And Rimuru snapped out of his naïve "do not harm humans" ideology. You can't rule a country without getting your hands dirty. That's a pretty badass creed there. @AzorAhai please note that he's NOT into unprovoked mass slaughter and won't be. This is necessary. Did the policy of appeasement work on the Nazis?
I don't see how it's necessary! Why are you people so "trigger happy"? What Rimuru is about to do is to "nuke" 10.000 "german" soldiers who were all labled as nazis, despite there been only a handful of nazis among them. Rimuru does not have to resort to using "nukes", he can capture those who were directly responsible in the attack and do whatever he wants with them... but he decides to go the most out-of-character way anyways because it's easier to just kill everybody, including the actually guilty people. It's easier to lie to yourself and convince your "commie" friends that they're simply killing evil "nazis" and not some ordinary soldiers the gang can EASILY capture alive and not obliterate in a second! Massacre is not necessary simply as a show of his strength! Rimuru is basically Gandhi meme from civilization game. He always talks about peace, but when the war starts his nukes are all over your face! People seem to look at Rimuru's transformation as a "mature" thing lol. Are you people forgetting that he's a freaking godlike, op character? Unlike real historic figures Rimuru CAN do things many can only dream in real life. Balance of power is ridiculously different and only the lives of the enemies are at stake at this point! Killing is the easiest and most immature solution someone so powerful can come up with. It's lazy, and makes Rimuru look like a weak and easily manipulated twat who's capable of changing from angel to a demon in a whim! In a span of a few days! just like that! How can you respect such a lame character? He doesn't do anything challenging, he basically pulls out a gun in a fist fight because he stupidly convinced himself that what he does is the only correct response.

Humans attacking monsters is like native indians attacking modern U.S army led by a godlike figure who can solo-nuke them all! Consider also that: 1)invading army thinks they have the upper hand 2)invading army thinks they can't negotiate with the enemy because the enemy is inherently evil and a natural enemy of all the humans. 3)they have no clue about how inferior they actually are compared to the enemy - had they known, they'd think twice before sending troops on a suicide mission! Considering all those, tell me how you'd justify nuking those oblivious and mislead native americans? Would "they attacked us first" still be a solid excuse to justify apparent disregard for life?! Rimuru can negotiate, intimidate, flex his muscles, but he decides to do the dumbest and easiest thing which is using brute force against an inferior enemy... I expected so much more...
Oct 14, 2019 11:57 AM
Jan 2018
AzorAhai said:
Evarinya said:
I don't see how it's necessary! Why are you people so "trigger happy"? What Rimuru is about to do is to "nuke" 10.000 "german" soldiers who were all labled as nazis, despite there been only a handful of nazis among them. Rimuru does not have to resort to using "nukes", he can capture those who were directly responsible in the attack and do whatever he wants with them... but he decides to go the most out-of-character way anyways because it's easier to just kill everybody, including the actually guilty people. It's easier to lie to yourself and convince your "commie" friends that they're simply killing evil "nazis" and not some ordinary soldiers the gang can EASILY capture alive and not obliterate in a second! Massacre is not necessary simply as a show of his strength! Rimuru is basically Gandhi meme from civilization game. He always talks about peace, but when the war starts his nukes are all over your face! People seem to look at Rimuru's transformation as a "mature" thing lol. Are you people forgetting that he's a freaking godlike, op character? Unlike real historic figures Rimuru CAN do things many can only dream in real life. Balance of power is ridiculously different and only the lives of the enemies are at stake at this point! Killing is the easiest and most immature solution someone so powerful can come up with. It's lazy, and makes Rimuru look like a weak and easily manipulated twat who's capable of changing from angel to a demon in a whim! In a span of a few days! just like that! How can you respect such a lame character? He doesn't do anything challenging, he basically pulls out a gun in a fist fight because he stupidly convinced himself that what he does is the only correct response.

Humans attacking monsters is like native indians attacking modern U.S army led by a godlike figure who can solo-nuke them all! Consider also that: 1)invading army thinks they have the upper hand 2)invading army thinks they can't negotiate with the enemy because the enemy is inherently evil and a natural enemy of all the humans. 3)they have no clue about how inferior they actually are compared to the enemy - had they known, they'd think twice before sending troops on a suicide mission! Considering all those, tell me how you'd justify nuking those oblivious and mislead native americans? Would "they attacked us first" still be a solid excuse to justify apparent disregard for life?! Rimuru can negotiate, intimidate, flex his muscles, but he decides to do the dumbest and easiest thing which is using brute force against an inferior enemy... I expected so much more...

Talking to them aint going to stop them from attacking and bring back his friends and town residents

The country that they are from are determined and on foot to attack and slaughter his people . Its only right that he takes action . And no clue where you got the impression that they wants to talk with rimuru when there plan was to destroy him and his city becouse they are monsters they have declared war on him and you expect him to just stand that and take it .

Your are clearing looking to much into this and ignoring the fact that rimurus intentions about not attacking humens if any of his people where attacked as naive and wrong now half of them are dead becouse of his stupid rules and empthy of his past life

Mattinator95Oct 14, 2019 12:10 PM
Oct 14, 2019 2:07 PM

Nov 2013
@Mattinator95
Dude... Try reading what i wrote, carefully this time. I have no problem with "WHY" Rimuru has to take action. My problem is with "HOW" he has decided to take action. I, for instance, would understand if Rimuru showed no mercy to people who ACTUALLY killed civilians, but for him to look at 10.000 lives as mere tools is sickening. Yes, they are enemy, but Rimuru CAN fix that WITHOUT bloodshed! Do you see my point? There's a gigantic gap between "no attacking humans" and "lets annihilate those fools regardless who each one of them is, or can be". I'm amazed how such betrayal of own principles and lack of dedication to your own world-view, as well as complete disregard for life, is seen as something mature and normal. It would be somehow normal and understandable in REAL world where magic
and OP individuals don't exist. In real world you risk too much when taking prisoners or showing mercy to the enemy - it's understandable why nuking 2 cities seems like a better choice than a full-scale land invasion. But slime-world is different; i expected Rimuru to also be different. Considering Rimuru is not some wannabe teenager in a superhero outfit with naive dreams and no extraordinary abilities or gadgets to back up such dream, Rimuru, an op being with immense powers has given up unforgivably and incredibly easily, as soon as he faced some hardships and evil. Weakling nothing more.
Sigmar-UnberogenOct 14, 2019 2:37 PM
Oct 15, 2019 8:51 AM

Mar 2014
I am satisfied with the appetizer.
Oct 20, 2019 7:23 AM

Dec 2011
Yeah finally the counterattack start and damn i can't wait to see Rimuru massacre to start.
Nov 11, 2019 5:37 AM

Feb 2017
@AzorAhai

Its a war dude , kill or be killed

What do you expect ? no matter how much a of Saint rimuru is , we're talking about another nation who killed his ppl and declared a war on him here . On top of that , there are thousands more marching at you , ready to burn everything to the ground . Should I remind you that These guys are not civilians you know . And dont underestimate em , theyre actually pretty op themselves (I cant tell you in detail for spoiler reason)

Thus calling all of em "Fodders" is nthn but a great misconception

just FYi , being a slime actually has changed rimuru a lot as a person and they have been building it up from LN vol 1(the beginning of the story)

For example;
Do you remember when rimuru came back from dwargon and found out there were more goblins in his village ? in the LN he was like "IF they betray me , Im gonna personally kill every last one of em! wait... how could I think about killing ppl like it was nthn ?"

Do you remember when the first humans (kabal eren gido and shizu) visited rimuru's village ? (on the inside) Rimuru was actually having hard time trusting humans too(myb its due to his instinct as a monster or smthn) . When he gave many equipments to kabal eren gido , he also was like "is it gonna be okay to give our valuable stuff to em just like that..."

Do you remember when the first time rimuru met the ogres ? had shuna not interfered , they all wouldve been turned into a pile of goo . Rimuru was legit about to throw black flames at em , he was like "its your own damn fault for being so stubborn"

My take on these is that its so clear as day ever since rimuru getting reincarnated as a slime/monster ,
his principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong gets reset . (deep down) He doesnt really sure which side to trust anymore , he feels kinda indifferent about both sides but still being denial about it and try to convince himself to trust humanity more than his monster friends

As time passes , rimuru is starting to develop Stockholm Syndrome lol🤣 he's starting to love his monster friends more than humanity in general . Hence as soon as he's getting betrayed by humanity , Imean farmus kingdom/soldiers to be precise . Idk about you but I think it wouldnt be out of character of him to say "Im gonna personally kill every last one of em!" just like in LN vol 1

I willing to bet . even IF the elf girl(elen) didnt tell about the possibility of resurrecting shion and others , rimuru would still eradicate every last one of farmus kingdom's soldier who tried to burn his home to the ground "its your own damn fault for killing my friends!"

That said , you can see yourself (in chap 64) the slime still doesnt want to kill ppl indiscriminately . He doesnt want to be a mindless monster who brings nthn but destruction upon the world
Lab_Rat_0978Nov 11, 2019 5:47 AM
Nov 11, 2019 1:36 PM

Nov 2013
@nina444

Its a war dude , kill or be killed

What do you expect ? no matter how much a of Saint rimuru is , we're talking about another nation who killed his ppl and declared a war on him here . On top of that , there are thousands more marching at you , ready to burn everything to the ground . Should I remind you that These guys are not civilians you know . And dont underestimate em , theyre actually pretty op themselves (I cant tell you in detail for spoiler reason)

Thus calling all of em "Fodders" is nthn but a great misconception

They're op? I have hard time believing that. Up until now, all we see is them getting slaughtered without Rimuru's buddies even breaking a sweat. That's exactly why i don't see the situation as "kill or be killed". It's basically 9/11 terrorist attack kind-of situation for Rimuru. Those soldiers might be "ready to burn everything to the ground", but they're soldiers following orders. What matters here that Rimuru CAN "disarm" these soldiers so that they can not "burn everything to the ground". We're talking about 10.000 lives here. You're demonizing them so that it feels "less morally wrong" when they get butchered. The truth is, it can never be justified. If Rimuru and his OP buddies were at least remotely in danger, i'd consider changing my view on the massacre, but Rimuru and his buddies are freaking grizzly bears, while human army is a bunch of cats at best - Not completely harmless, but still WAY out of league. No competition, no threat. Massacre at this point is just a sadistic action of a weak child throwing tantrums and going for extreme measures.

just FYi , being a slime actually has changed rimuru a lot as a person and they have been building it up from LN vol 1(the beginning of the story)
i haven't read LN and can't recall Rimuru being Overlord v1.0 to be honest? Overlord is basically a human losing humanity and turning into a monster. Didn't knew Rimuru was exactly the same, considering i dropped overlord exactly for this reason.

I willing to bet . even IF the elf girl(elen) didnt tell about the possibility of resurrecting shion and others , rimuru would still eradicate every last one of farmus kingdom's soldier who tried to burn his home to the ground "its your own damn fault for killing my friends!"
well he didn't kill the girl responsible for the creation of the barrier that MADE it possible for the invaders to kill civilians in the first place! So it seems more ridiculously out of character and retarded for Rimuru to be all eager to kill thousands of people who ARE NOT DIRECTLY responsible for the attack, but are on the side of the same people who DID.

That said , you can see yourself (in chap 64) the slime still doesnt want to kill ppl indiscriminately . He doesnt want to be a mindless monster who brings nthn but destruction upon the world
Yeah, how generous of him to be ok with mass murder "just this once". It's not like we're talking about something horribly wrong here... "I'll go massacre people, but stop me if i do so ever again" - A flawed logic. If he doesn't want to kill people indiscriminately in the future, why do now? He's more than capable and powerful enough not to dirty his hands with unnecessary blood. Why not punish people directly involved? What makes him certain that a similar attack will never happen AGAIN in the future? What if some nation attacks him again? He'll be like "I've killed people indiscriminately once, and i said i would not do it again, so now i'll be reasonable and hunt down those responsible instead?"??
Nov 12, 2019 6:31 AM

Feb 2017
@AzorAhai

Yep , theyre in fact pretty op in some circumstances . Rimuru and his subordinates were able to Stomp most of em because there's this thing called Prep Time/Information Gathering . These two things are Extremely important in Tensura world , take a look at how Rimuru himself almost got obliterated by Hinata(with Full prep time) . Another example ; Do you remember when king Gazel with several hundred of Pegasus knights Suddenly visited Tempest ?
Based on the Great Sage’s calculations in LN vol 3 , "the greatest chance of survival came if All of Tempest's denizens immediately fled in another direction . That provided a survival rate , apparently , of around 90% . Staging a frontal counterattack would kill off half of em , and as the Sage put it , only luck would decide whether even Rimuru or the
Kijins would make it through . And that assumed IF they fought with everything they had." Thats a legit Evidence of how dangerous going into a war/battle unprepared , its revealed later that Pegasus knights were being equipped by Anti-Magic armors that could null even Benimaru's black flames . lol thats close , thx goodness Rimuru managed to dodge the bullet

back to the Farmus Kingdom . Out of all Rimuru's executives , Geld and Hakurou were actually the Only ones who could take Otherworlders(Kyoya , Shogo , and Kirara) from Farmus Kingdom head on .
By analyzing Hakurou's wounds , Rimuru was able to identify the Nature behind Kyoya's sword hax . in the LN vol 5 Hakurou himself stated , "thx to lord Rimuru , now I know how your power works and how to handle it . This is smthn the likes of me couldnt comprehend"

As for Geld , he has this thing called AoE Corrosion hax . Thus he would be quite compatible to fight a human/a living being who relies on Hand to Hand Combat like Shogo , and this hax is Even capable of corroding every living being's soul . moreover Geld also has resistance against madness/mind hax , it means he would be Kirara's natural enemy as her power relies on mind hax too

in other words IF Rimuru accidentally sent wrong ppl due to the Lack of Intel , the Probability of getting annihilated would be pretty high . At the very least there would be many casualties on tempest's side . Kirara mind hax GG , Nobody can keep up with Kyoya's sword hax except Hakurou , Everybody gets blitzed and destroyed by Shogo's speed and physical prowees/beserker mode

it should be noted , All the executives/monsters are No Longer being nerfed by the barriers anymore . They all are fighting outside the barriers now . Which obviously means , one of Farmus Kingdom's trump cards is Kaput

Just in case you missed it , its been Established from the beginning of the story that humanity(excluding otherworlders) are Weaker than monster in general . itd be really dangerous for humanity to fight the monster head on , Especially when youre getting caught off guard and ambushed by a Horde of monsters(with Full prep and Full Equipments) like that

Why did Rimuru not dispose Myulan ?
its because Great Sage stopped him from killing Myulan on the spot , she said "Report . Great Magic ; Anti-Magic Area does Not weaken its targets in and of itself . In terms of a cause , it is believed the people who the individual Soei was investigating are more relevant ."

see ? Myulan's barrier is Confirmed harmless by Great Sage . and IF it was considered as an Evil barrier , Rimuru himself wouldnt have asked Shuna and Myulan to strengthen it from the first place . Ironically it was also Myulan's barrier who trapped Shion's souls and the others , and Rimuru was able to make the 3rd barrier after he analyzed Myulan's barrier

Let me break it down again just in case , There are two barriers around Tempest ;
1. [reread the manga chap 61] the Barrier that prevents tempest from using any kind of communication device so its basically signal jamming (being casted by Myulan) , and its Confirmed Harmless by Great Sage and Rimuru
2. [reread the manga chap 58] the Barrier that nerfes/weaken the monsters(being casted by the Holy Knights) , [reread the manga chap 59] we can clearly see how Shion's and the other's corpses are starting to get Purified , dissipating into the wind . its Confirmed Evil as Rimuru personally ordered Benimaru and the gang to destroy it asap .

Based on all the Facts above , Myulan the girl who you claimed to be "the one who responsible for the creation of the barrier that MADE it possible for the invaders to kill civilians in the first place!" is in fact Not as bad as you think , nthn but another great misconception on your part

Missing the LN stuff is inevitable , but Apparently you also missed many things in the Manga

Should I remind you again that based on the manga chap 61 , its explicitly stated that Rimuru couldve easily asked for reinforcements because the barrier didnt reach the Sealed Cave but he chose not to call anyone .
Did you miss this stuff as well ?

Lastly , despite the fact that Myulan's barrier is Confirmed Harmless . Rimuru didnt spare her out of generosity alone , he actually had a Specific plan for her and Youm in the future . Trust me , you wont be able to see the depth of lord Rimuru plans , its all nthn but the tip of the iceberg . dont worry , I wont explain anything past the manga . As you can see above , I only explain stuff that being skipped in the manga
Lab_Rat_0978Nov 13, 2019 5:35 AM
Apr 21, 2020 4:36 AM

Feb 2018
Time of retribution...
May 6, 2022 12:55 AM
Dec 2013
Fuze wrote an alternative timeline of when Rimuru wasn't able to save Tempest:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWfpLh-VPiE

A hidden story in the game Isekai Memories, by losing to Hinata.

Be thankful that the three stooges gave him hope.
May 14, 2023 3:51 AM
Mar 2021
Killed or be killed. I truly don't get people arguing against his decision
May 17, 2023 4:53 AM
Jul 2018
Currently, they're going to break the Greater Magic [Anti-Magic] Barrier that is slowing everyone especially the monsters in Tempest. I hope those three fu*****rs who are otherworlders from Japan will get what they deserve! No, they definitely will. Nice shot, Gobuta! And now, SLAUGHTER THE FILTHY HUMANS AND CONTRIBUTE FOR RIMURU MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Mar 26, 7:42 AM
Nov 2022
damn, even Gabil looks cool in this chapter (☆▽☆)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Chapter 116 Discussion

Penguinu - Mar 26

2 by Zaxphred »»
Apr 21, 2:29 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Chapter 106 Discussion

Gonta29 - May 1, 2023

11 by FullyCharged »»
Apr 12, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Chapter 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2016

13 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 3, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Chapter 15 Discussion

RyuukiBeat - Aug 11, 2016

11 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 3, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Chapter 14 Discussion

RyuukiBeat - Aug 11, 2016

7 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 3, 9:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.