Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Nov 11, 2019 2:22 PM
Jan 2018
Of course people are going to over exaggerate the CG, it looked better then most shows this year that used it.
Nov 11, 2019 2:24 PM

Oct 2008
Perfect Episode. Only thing I didn't like was Javelin looking much older than Game.

#JavelinIsLoli
Dec 15, 2019 1:36 PM

Sep 2017
I was entertained enough and that's all I really require. It's a shame Cleveland was mostly used for slightly cringey exposition, seemed a little weird for her to be introducing other characters to the audience by talking to herself. I suppose it was necessary for people who are unfamiliar with the game, but they could have delivered the info a little better

Feb 9, 2020 5:26 PM
Apr 2018
Woah, that's a lot of characters right out the gate. They're all incredibly over designed as well. With such detailed characters, they can't possibly maintain the same amount of animation quality throughout the season. Nothing happened character or plot wise besides crimson blood declaring war on the other two factions. It just seems to me like all the characters are designed for specific genres of fan service (the loli, the big tittied milf, the red head, etc...), and that's the thrust of this show. It's fan service bait for gacha game folks. Not that that's bad or anything. Probably not a show I'll continue with.

EmperorAlfred said:
I remembered to watch this anime because of all the hate its receiving, especially some boards that I found in a Japanese site, wherein some claim that this anime is anti-Japanese, from my guess watching the first Episode, the Sakura Empire is Japan and the other one is Germany, and Red Axis too, I can see why.

Azur Lane is a Chinese game, so I'm not surprised they'd bias towards painting that Japanese as the bad guys. At the same time, the Chinese (or at least the CCP) aren't too fond of the USA, so I'm surprised they're setup as the good guys. Lesser of two evils I guess?
6749671095954204Feb 9, 2020 5:48 PM
Apr 5, 2020 2:55 AM

Aug 2018
lol, that Laffey girl looks funny.. Also what is she drinking?.. ;p I hope it's not alcohol, though how she holds herself and how her clothes are.. Maybe it is..
Are Japanese ships bloodthirsty ones in here?.. A bit unexpected, if so.. Hm.. I think Azur Lane came not from Japan, but from China?.. Don't remember for sure.. Checked - yeah, it's so.. Well, then I can understand more, if Japan won't be shown as best country..
Akagi seems to be a yandere, maybe..
Oh, ok, pretty nicely explained what is the reason, why 4 nations fell into 2 factions.. Just usage of human only weapons, and other faction - using weapons of the enemies as well.. Pretty understandable..
Also.. In first faction, there is USA an UK, as I understood?.. And in second one Germany and Japan?.. If I understand correctly what their names are referencing.. Will see, though..
Also in this world such things as unicorns and other magical creatures, like that man tailed wolf, or something, are used in battle?.. Ok..
Kaga it seems also has feelings towards Akagi.. "My body belongs to my sister!" I guess, they're a bit yanderish incest couple.. At least something like those feelings about them I get for now..
Well, it's a bit dangerous to declare war, when you're both at war with the same enemy already.. But it's understandable.. They might have felt that this alien enemy almost destroyed, so it's already time to fight for the influence on the sea..
Well, plot is unexpectedly interesting.. I mean, it's interesting to see Japanese ships in the ambivalent role, maybe even evil, time will tell.. Wanna see, where they'll head with this ambiguity..
Also overall a good first episode, I think.. A bit of teases of characters here and there.. A bit of more focus on some of them.. Lots of different girls, so probably girls for all kinds of taste, I'd expect.. But will see.. Hope to learn more about ship girls, their personalities..
Apr 18, 2020 1:18 AM

Jul 2015
Haven't played the game, but the animation looks pretty good

Never would I have ever expected to ever watch warship girls fight each other

Jul 29, 2020 4:27 AM

May 2015
Re-watching this Im reminded of how creepy Akagi is.

Its funny how most of the series they never actually fight Sirens and instead other ship girls. Then again I guess thats one way they differentiate from Kantai Collection.

Enterprise's entrance gave me some chills lol. Best girl entering to OP wreck everyone.

Yeah I remember saying this the first time I watched it but I like how Azur Lane's characters move around in combat and how they fight. Its less realisitc like Kantai Collection but more over the top anime which gives AL its own style. Also like the fact theres actual ships docked in the port, cool detail.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 6, 2020 4:02 AM

Mar 2018
CHC said:
The storyboarding is pretty bad. It often shows us an action without a set-up shot showing us where it came from nor a follow-up shot showing us what it results in. It's mostly just scenes of people shooting and scenes of people getting shot, with no causal relation between the two. I guess the director simply couldn't manage to choreograph a battle like this while having to make sure every character get a shot.

Anyway, all I knew about this franchise were from doujin hentai. Since it's not really sexy nor is it passable as action show, I'm dropping it.
Well said, couldn't agree more.
Jun 23, 2021 2:46 AM

Feb 2020
That was so adorable. The fluffiness in this anime is strong. I have seen Kantai Collection, Strike Witches and many other anime similar to this and I can say this is easily the cutest of them all.

Unicorn. <3
Oct 14, 2021 6:37 AM
Dec 2017
Its fun for the sake of being fun.

Dec 5, 2021 1:51 PM

Jun 2021
I liked the first episode, dont know why people hate this anime so much lol

And all the girls are nice!
Jun 24, 2022 10:07 AM

Jun 2021
We have plenty of introduced characters already. gotta keep an eye on Enterprise and Akagi. they have a bad animation and quite use excessive of cgi. but that's gonna happen since this is the first episode so, I should give it a chance. looking forward to the next episode.
I'm gonna sit down here and watch them do it
Aug 19, 2022 4:40 AM

Sep 2018
Haha, what the fuck was that, Japan, I swear.... Burst out in laughter when I saw them transform with those guns attached. I keep seeing listed hentai parodies of this, it's about time I finally watch it and understand why. A massive cast is probably the answer.
Aug 19, 2022 6:27 AM

Sep 2018
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Haha, what the fuck was that, Japan, I swear.... Burst out in laughter when I saw them transform with those guns attached. I keep seeing listed hentai parodies of this, it's about time I finally watch it and understand why. A massive cast is probably the answer.

So late to the party, this is the best type of shipping...

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Sep 27, 2022 5:54 PM
Apr 2022
A good start to what looks like will be a fun anime.
Oct 9, 2022 10:00 PM

Nov 2010
Akagi's hands on Kaga's boob. Nice hehe
So, if their riggings are not in use they are in the form of ships. Interesting to know.
I didn't expect that kind of personality on Kaga. I thought she's the levelheaded of the two.
Jan 31, 2023 10:21 AM

Jul 2022
I don't anticipate that the plot will be literary genius, but I was thoroughly entertained and look forward to seeing more.
Jul 29, 2023 7:01 PM
Feb 2020
ok so I know basically nothing about the game except that it exists, but is this some sort of loose allegory for WWII or something? The Eagle Union is clearly the US, the Royal Navy is the UK, the Sakura Empire is Japan, and so I think Iron Blood is Germany? Deeefinitely kiiiinda sounds like WWII to me.

Edit: NEVER MIND IT'S 1000% AN ALLEGORY, nobody goes "Red Axis" without being like "Hey, Axis? Like the Axis Powers?"

Edit 2: Iron Blood is actually Prussia, not Germany, the Bismarck reveal at the end of episode 12 helped me realize that. And the Dragon Empire doesn't have much screen time, but that's obviously China. Definitely some sort of alternate universe.
passing_throughJul 30, 2023 6:39 PM
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Azur Lane Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2020

106 by KOningNoviPoes »»
Dec 28, 2023 6:34 AM

Poll: » Azur Lane Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2019

83 by wildhood »»
Dec 14, 2023 7:37 PM

Poll: » Azur Lane Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2019

96 by Heanworld »»
Nov 22, 2023 6:51 PM

Poll: » Azur Lane Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2019

141 by reegooey »»
Aug 22, 2023 1:34 AM

» Character Arizona's voice actress Shirakabe Sawako doing Gravure Modeling

zxcvb321 - Aug 10, 2023

1 by Morty_NL »»
Aug 10, 2023 1:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.