Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even in Another World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 4, 2019 4:59 PM

Jan 2008
My goodness, it's been a while since I've read the manga but after watching this and seeing it again, I can say I completely dislike the magician kid. The way the author wrote the him doing his tricks has to be one of the dumbest things ever. I don't care if he's the best magician in the world, the magic tricks he's made to do are just beyond complete bullshit with no resemblance to any actual magic tricks to the point fantasy magic would have made more sense. Just reminds me of some of the dumber shit he does in later episodes.

The mouth to mouth scene was as cringey as I remembered.
Oct 4, 2019 5:50 PM

Jul 2019
Seven high school students, all geniuses in their own way, mysteriously end up in "another world". Despite the title the series is actually fairly serious - well at least compared to the other 異世界 that have aired so far this season. They are trapped in a place where they have massive amounts of knowledge that the inhabitants do not have and in that sense it's kind of giving me Dr. Stone vibes. They are trying to figure out how and why they ended up in this world, but I imagine a lot of this anime is just going to be about overcoming obstacles within this world and less about actually attempting to return home (where's the fun in that?). Too early to judge how good this will be, it could easily go either way.
Oct 4, 2019 6:43 PM

Feb 2019
RayReynolds said:
How can you modify a cell phone to work in another world? Without satellites without communication towers? It more would be credible if he said used magic, but not this is a bullshit

I mean she "just" made smartphones into walkie-talkies. There are apps that can do something similar.
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-walkie-talkie-app/

Then I only use one app. There was no need to shows how intelligent and superior they are compared to others. Just that point causes people to get irritated and spoil the experience, the great arrogance and pedantry of these characters.
Oct 4, 2019 9:30 PM

Dec 2015
Isn't it amazing that 7 prodigies that are all the best in the whole world at what they do all happen to be Japanese? Incredible.

But seriously though, the premise of this show is absolutely retarded. I usually just laugh off the idiocy of isekai anime and enjoy the shenanigans, but this seems incredibly dull and uninteresting. Not only is the premise already requiring us to withhold a TON of disbelief, but the characters themselves are unrealistic. They just all so happen to be happy-go-lucky people who get along swimmingly and just let that one guy take charge? This is just going to be another overpowered MC(s) show where nothing bad ever happens, they are always happy, and we are just supposed to enjoy how overpowered they are.

God this is getting ridiculous. At least we have a lot of great shows to look forward to in the coming weeks.
Oct 4, 2019 10:12 PM
Aug 2018
Hylianticipated said:
Isn't it amazing that 7 prodigies that are all the best in the whole world at what they do all happen to be Japanese? Incredible.

But seriously though, the premise of this show is absolutely retarded. I usually just laugh off the idiocy of isekai anime and enjoy the shenanigans, but this seems incredibly dull and uninteresting. Not only is the premise already requiring us to withhold a TON of disbelief, but the characters themselves are unrealistic. They just all so happen to be happy-go-lucky people who get along swimmingly and just let that one guy take charge? This is just going to be another overpowered MC(s) show where nothing bad ever happens, they are always happy, and we are just supposed to enjoy how overpowered they are.

God this is getting ridiculous. At least we have a lot of great shows to look forward to in the coming weeks.

Not sure if I should spoil it or not but literally everything every prediction you made about the show in this post is wrong except for the unrealistic part but it’s anime what you going to do, not saying its secretly a masterpiece of a series but it gets way better after the first couple of chapters. And I don’t know if the anime has pointed it out or just left that detail out but the seven main characters are childhood friends so that’s why they get along well
Oct 4, 2019 11:25 PM

Jun 2019
Danganronpa students in Isekai. 😂
Oct 5, 2019 1:05 AM

Feb 2015
Amazing that all these geniuses are from Japan, what a coincidence. My expectations are low for this show but I'll stick with it for now.
Oct 5, 2019 1:13 AM
Mar 2019
I think that the main problem of this kind of story: Is the inability to relate to it. If i remember correctly the reason why usual isekai MC is so normal, is so it connects to a regular viewer(LN reader).

I really don't know who this anime will relate to. Especially when it's hard to believe a high schooler can be the top politic in Japan. And a magician who is supposedly takes off his head and makes it levitate.

The art and animation is outstanding though.
Oct 5, 2019 3:31 AM
Jan 2019
another Isekai anime not expecting that I think this the 3rd on this season (fall 2019)
the way they introduce the characters is too much exaggeration (didn't like it)
they base on there profile not there characteristic (my main problem here)
Anoo-DominiOct 5, 2019 3:34 AM
Oct 5, 2019 3:53 AM

Nov 2012
CrowdFavorite said:
--Toshi-- said:
the first millisecond I laid eyes on Riruru I knew it was the same people who made Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?

ah the same people who made one of the worst shows of its year?
This one isn't as terrible but most things aren't lmao. Just another cookie cutter copy paste Isekai that'll be forgotten within a week of it ending

Go whine to someone else
Oct 5, 2019 4:35 AM

Mar 2012
Hmm...I am sort of divided with this series at least from what i have seen from the first episode.

Well the positives i can say about it are is that the animation is pretty solid, the ost is ok, some of the characthers have a little charm particular the main mc i forgot the name but its the politician.

However there are factors that are a turn off.

One all seven are prodigies from japan? so your saying the rest of the world is stupid and cant produce there own? That will sit not well for international audiences which some of the comments i read is already taking shape.

Second there specialities is tremendously ridiculous even by prodigy standard.

Third if this series was not trying to take itself seriously it would of been fine but when a series has all of this and it does that is when we have a problem. It would seem to cringe worthy

Also we already got several inconsistent plot holes, I am no genius but how can cellphones operate without cell towers or satellite or carry a mini nuclear reactor without contamination and the likes What about a pilot if they were all at the back of the plane than who the hell was flying it? even with auto pilot there has to be somene at the controls full time, and dont try to come with a bs it was new autopiloted self flying plane as that is lazing wriitng.

, also where is the explanation for the magic tricks from the magician? some of it was way to elaborate to set up in a short time and no resources. Dr.Stone's while some would call is also an exaggeration of all this technology be used in a primitive area at least has the principle foundation of each new invention to fall back on for explanation but this ehh...

Also what was the point of that mouth to mouth feeding? was it really necessary? could of she just gave him some more watery food or crushed the pieces and mixed them and than sppon fed? there was no point for that besides needless fanservice.

Lastly the writers made these people so unrelatable with general audiences that people are going to feel alienated and cant connect with anybody and without that factor people will find it less entertaining.

I am giving it a 6/10 a fine rating but it needs a lot of issues to fix otherwise this will not be a good story to tell.
Oct 5, 2019 5:17 AM
Feb 2018
Actually, this doesn't seem to be like a bad isekai. They start was good and seems to have an interesting storyline. I'd say give it at least 2-3 more episodes to see if it's worth it. I like the main character, he seems cool.
Oct 5, 2019 6:14 AM

Mar 2009
Not sure if feeding someone mouth-to-mouth requires such a deep kiss, but okay then.
Oct 5, 2019 7:18 AM

Oct 2014
The writer bragging high school level of chemistry kek

Well, how generic this thing is spares it from too many people expecting too much.
Though,
as a comedy this sucks
as an isekai fantasy this sucks
as a sol this sucks.

so yeah. this sucks. particularly the characters; how I couldn't care less about them.

expecting better at ep 2.
Oct 5, 2019 7:57 AM

Oct 2014
That was absolute cancer. Plane crash into an isekai world, mc wakes up to giant breasted elf girl molests him and says she was trying to mama bird him food. There’s disgusting spit lines and all. I hate that I got a plane ad before the episode started.

First drop of the season bye bye.
Oct 5, 2019 7:59 AM
Dec 2009
mayo? really? Thinking this guy introduced them to butter, but no, hes slapping butter on these baked potatoes.
Oct 5, 2019 8:05 AM

Mar 2018
Was that kiss supposed to turn me on? Fucking disgusting, degenerate trash.
poop
Oct 5, 2019 10:42 AM

Aug 2018
Not a very impactful first episode for me. It has a rather generic isekai feel to it. I'll keep watching to see if it picks up in later episodes. Wasn't into that whole 'meat kiss' thing either.
Oct 5, 2019 11:08 AM
Jul 2017
Very disappointing. The concept of seven experts/geniuses improving a fantasy world is a great one.

And then they just give them OP magic powers. If we'd just seen a hidden wire or harness from Magic Shota's flying trick I could have got on board, but no.
Oct 5, 2019 1:12 PM

Nov 2010
This has to be the worst half episode I've watched all year. The introduction was the dumbest shit I can remember, followed by that nasty feeding scene out of nowhere. Instant drop right there.
Oct 5, 2019 1:35 PM
Aug 2017
How sexy. Please chew up some meat and spit it into my mouth with enough saliva that there are visible strands of it stringing our mouths together.
Oct 5, 2019 1:51 PM

Feb 2007
Bonus points for the original intro, crashing an airplane into a fantasy world was certainly an unique sight.

Character-wise the main cast reminds me a lot of Mondaiji-tachi with its highly skilled unique youths helping out their new home in another world. Remains to be seen where it goes from here, certainly promising so far.
Oct 5, 2019 5:47 PM

Oct 2008
WOW! These high-school prodigies are confident that they might ruin that world if they give it their besto! LOLZ! let's see!
Isekai is now a plague!
4/5.

Oct 5, 2019 5:57 PM

Feb 2016
Seemed okay/meh to me, but did the creator really have to make out the best in the world are all Japanese? Lol best in Japan would of come across better, also best politician in the world? Like there’s such a thing XD
Oct 5, 2019 11:45 PM

May 2014
Clearly, the way to fix the isekai genre is to insert even more Gary Stu characters than usual. Bonus points for the high school prime minister.
Oct 6, 2019 3:30 AM

May 2009
Seems like mutliple protagonists thing upsets selfinserts who love haremshit.
Oct 6, 2019 6:13 AM
May 2016
Is this Danganronpa rip-off?
Oct 6, 2019 9:19 AM

Jan 2015
Decent first episode I guess. Stupid premise but after that it was okay. Got tired of the introductions all saying "Despite being in highschool, the world's top...."
Oct 6, 2019 5:51 PM
May 2019
Your generic SHIT-sekai.
Oct 6, 2019 6:32 PM

Nov 2017
usually the one who transported into isekai mostly are weeb,hikikomori, gamer, and random scumbag (for examples : Kazuma,Sora+Shiro,), but this is different.
Now Loading.....
Oct 6, 2019 8:49 PM

Jun 2017
That scene about that woman chewing the food for the guy to eat. Yuck! Even if I love the guy, I don't think I can swallow a chewed food by someone else! The idea is revolting!

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Oct 6, 2019 11:49 PM

Jan 2019
7 Highschoolers are the best in the world at what they do, including a Politician. They are all from Japan. All 7 get on a plane going somewhere that doesn't even get mentioned (with no protection). The Plane Crashes. All 7 Students from Japan survive who just so happen to be the best in the world at what they do.Time skip. Its been 1 month and they've fully recovered, and all 7 are wearing the same clothes they crashed with. And they just so happen to learn a story about 7 Foreign Heros who Defeat a Dragon. One day they notice trouble is stirring up by some local soldiers. None of the soldiers notice 2 students that are right in front of them, walk up behind them. The 2 students then "Sneak attack" the group. (You dont see the attack, just the soldiers falling) The soldiers retreat but a Student uses Parlor trick magic as a way to scare them into not reporting the incident. Dropped.
Oct 7, 2019 1:58 AM

Oct 2009
If anything, it managed to wildly divide the people who watched it - and that's a whole lot more interesting to watch than the episode itself was. Approximately the same amount of ppl giving each of the scores, no big extreme anywhere. The posts here also range from "omg this is awesome" to "omg this is pure garbage". Quite interesting indeed.
Oct 7, 2019 3:39 AM

Jan 2019
This is absolutely ridiculous. What the fuck did I just watch.
Though, I'll admit it got me laughing my ass off. The whole bird feeding shit was straight up WeirdChamp
Oct 7, 2019 6:26 PM

Nov 2011
I actually enjoy the fact that all 7 characters actually get along with one another rather then having misgivings with each other.

The characters so far are okay, but the art and animation are the stand out stars so far in this anime.

Prince Akatsuki was pretty funny.

I'll stick with it for now.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 7, 2019 7:26 PM
Jan 2016
Good first episode!

We were introduced to seven character, and each one is overpower in her own field, i got interested by that in the sinopse and it was really fine for me, i liked them all in their ways!

Didn't expect, totally, that kiss at start, 0 predict about that!

The scene against soldiers was funny!

Curious to see more about this and what they will do with their talents!
Oct 7, 2019 8:12 PM
Jan 2019
It is the fourth isekai of the season, and I really liked the start. Seven prodigies of the earth that end up in another world, at first I thought it would be a story with generic animation, but it was not like that, the animation is good, I feel that I could be surprised at later episodes. The protagonists already have skills that have been improving over time, so when combined with magic, they will be much stronger.
This season and its isekais are much better than the isekais of the previous season, at least, it seems, hopefully they continue like this 😁. Another anime to the list.

Ps: The first episode, and the group leader, the prime minister, already kissed the elf, did not make us wait xD.
Oct 7, 2019 10:49 PM

Apr 2018
If I turn off enough brain cells, I'll be able to make it through just fine.

also side note, who the hell puts a mini nuclear reactor in a jet and how the hell are you going to tell me that thing survived that crash.

    I'm not lazy...
      I'm just very unproductive.

Oct 8, 2019 7:44 AM

Feb 2017
the premise are over the top lmao

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Oct 8, 2019 9:31 AM

Nov 2009
This is so chuunibyou I have no words. I couldn't even get past those superhuman intros... will try again though I probably shouldn't.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Oct 9, 2019 6:22 PM

Oct 2017
Huh. I don't dislike this. I probably will dislike this, but for now it's alright.

The production is actually solid. That kiss was legit by favourite bit of fan service out of everything I've seen this season, and I absolutely hate giant tits most of the time, but that kiss was really well executed.

The cast seems interesting but there might end up being too many of them for any proper character development. Typical thing in anime where they try to do too much with too many characters.

This will rise or fall on how serious it takes itself. It was difficult to tell at points here, but I gave it the benefit of the doubt and treated it like a bit of fun. If it becomes difficult to give that benefit of the doubt later on I can see myself dropping it.

BTDee said:
Although I think the worst thing about this show is the fact that they put mayonnaise on potatoes.

Ain't that the truth.

Short_Circut said:
I don't know if I should feel happy or sad that there are more kiss scenes in these types of isekai's as opposed to actual romance shows

rest was ok, was kinda hoping they didn't just skip 1 month in randomly, could've been a Kanata no Astra type scenario with the cast

SkyLETV said:
Oh, and if one thing was clear to me in this episode is that bras don't exist in this place.......and it was nice....

it's the little things that have the biggest impact

Dude. I didn't realise but that's it! That was what made that scene so good. I usually hate giant boobs but they worked here and I think the realistic movement was a big part of it.

Also I'm 100% with you on the kiss. As I said above, that was some really well-executed... I don't even want to say fan service, because it felt really natural in-scene. But I'm a little suspicious that we won't get something like that again, and it will end up having been just fan service to get people to hooked.

Also agree I wish they didn't skip a month.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Oct 10, 2019 9:06 AM

Feb 2015
this series: high school prodigies (being arrogant on top of that)
danganronpa: hahaha! so cute.
have you ever heard nagito's laugh before ?

i thought the concept was interesting but unfortunately, too many things went out of hand or logic. i mean, journalist = ninja ? all of them are japanese ? even though number one in the world ? thats a big statement. I seriously thought having all of these prodigies went into another world is pretty interesting, moreover, it's not one guy and the rest is a girl. just the way they approach it, the way they introduced it, the way they explain how they will get into another world could be way better than that.

wasted potential imo.
first 2 minutes, I thought it would be interesting like a guy that turned into slime in another world but meh.. im gonna stick around for a while to see how things going

i dont dislike it that much though, it ok(in enjoyment perspective).
looks a little bit fun.
YizelTroOct 10, 2019 9:09 AM
Oct 10, 2019 12:09 PM

Jun 2011
Those who say this is generic probably don't watch many animes.
Honestly this is quite different from other isekai and main reason : no stupid harem.
The adaptation of the characters was done really well and fast.
They actually looked for an objective by themselves, no world to save, some interesting skills though a bit too op.
What is common with others is that they easily do what they want.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2019 8:38 AM

May 2015
Ok, now it seems even more generic. The whole plot will probably consist of "look, how cool we are" showcasing each character one by one. If only we could take them seriously. Yeah, good job making a business work with seemingly no effort but it's fine as long as the show is considered a childish fairy-tale. Which isn't bad in itself but I'm just not sure I'd want to watch something like that.

The scene with cutting wood with katana made me laugh and cringe at the same time.
The random girl who doesn't even look all that useful apart from just being there for cute loli fanservice was already annoying.

Well, I guess, I'll give it a couple more episodes.

Oct 12, 2019 2:06 AM
Mar 2012
0:10 me: hey that looks like project9 designs.
0:14: studio project9. Of course, and there's some Lost cg plane.
1 op mc isn't enough, so there's 7 Danganronpa kids + monokuma.
Isn't Samurai de gozaru from that phone isekai? At least Politician, Nin Journalist & Ms Black Jack are interesting roles... and Tsukasa's hot enough to watch.
The formulaic overly long character intros is incredibly boring directing. But the rest is silly fun.
Oct 13, 2019 7:55 AM

Oct 2017
Great variety of different characters in different I mean there a bloody samurai! Am looking forward to them venturing to different areas and potentially ruling the world.

Oct 13, 2019 12:25 PM

Apr 2013
A whole plane load of mary sues crash in a fantasy world? I find 7 kids being the best in the world at their shit, all being on the same plane, much more preposterous than the fact they wound up in another world. And what's with the magician kid? Like why is he even in that group? Get a real job.

That said, i might keep watching.
Oct 15, 2019 12:11 PM

Dec 2018
If this show stop taking itself seriously it will be good Comedy but that does not appear to be the Case.
Oct 23, 2019 9:32 PM

Jun 2016
Yeah, I knew I will dislike this anime when they call it high school prodigies. Can we get older characters for once.... Would be more interesting if they mixed up the age group.
Oct 24, 2019 9:42 AM

Jun 2017
pretentious. atleast the ed was good
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2019

66 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 28, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2019

44 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 28, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2019

80 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 25, 9:42 PM

Poll: » Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2019

76 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Dec 31, 2023 4:03 AM

» Would there be a season 2?

Allxn - Dec 24, 2019

14 by YASS3R »»
Aug 30, 2023 7:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.