Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Oct 28, 10:44 AM

H-X-H said:
-InfiniteLoop- said:
They're a vocal minority, most people loved the show.

That's the thing though, animation, directing, soundtrack, voice acting are all parts of what make an anime good. The story isn't the only thing that makes a good anime.
It those things that made this anime not just be a regular fun anime of the season. There's nothing wrong with that. People tend to forget that anime is a visual artform.

Story is like 8/10 of what makes a show enjoyable, and KNY isn’t that a masterpiece of writing

That 8/10 number is completely subjective. For others it could be 7/10
There's a minimum threshold for the different categories, no one wants to watch stick animation regardless of the story. KNY managed to cross the threshold (or even into the good spot) for these various categories for the majority of people and that's why it became popular. A show doesn't need masterpiece writing to be enjoyable, the combination of the individual parts can make something more enjoyable.

Also no it's no HxH, that show is a masterpiece in almost all categories.
Our existence precedes our essence

Oct 28, 11:11 PM
-InfiniteLoop- said:
They're a vocal minority, most people loved the show.

H-X-H said:
Because if it wasn’t for the godly animation KNY would be just than regular good-fun anime of the season

That's the thing though, animation, directing, soundtrack, voice acting are all parts of what make an anime good. The story isn't the only thing that makes a good anime.
It those things that made this anime not just be a regular fun anime of the season. There's nothing wrong with that. People tend to forget that anime is a visual artform.

That's fair in a vacuum, but beautiful art and animation can never justify a poorly done story with mediocre characters.

Oct 29, 3:43 AM
I finally got around to watching it. After all the hype, it wasn't remotely worth it. If 5 is mediocre, it's slightly under average for me (so a 4). It's animation was decent (still not the best, nor even ufotable's best). Every thing else was fairly insufferable from it's shallow writing/ story and themes, uninspired characters/ development, weak villain (to be fair, we haven't seen much of him). Every one told me it was an emotional series, but I felt nothing, except for the first 5 minutes of episode 20 with the spider's backstory. It took about 20 episodes worth noting to happen, then it regressed. It's above average animation isn't going to help it. It's a generic shounen that's similar to many other anime but does nothing better.
It could be that I just finished watching the vastly superior "Run with the Wind", so in comparison it was utter trash (despite being different genre).

49 minutes ago
Lel0uchZer0 said:
-Aincrad- said:

You keep shitting on this anime. All the time. Aren't you bored yet? Does it change anything?

I'm not shiting i am stating a fact. You should look at fans like this guy who make stupud threads about a 8.97 anime being hated
Of course i am starting to hate it as well when i have to see such dumb people talk about it
Just like my hero academia...actually worse. My hero actually has 3 seasons and the last 2 were praise worthy
Also of course people will be pissed when better anime like vinland saga (wanted to mention dr. Stone but dr. Stone is doing fine for the 1st cour) are getting pushed aside for it
I have to see posts like "best anime of all time or best shonen of all time" and it's so stupid how animation can make everyone shit their pants like that. Story-wise and character wise naruto offered more in the first 26 episodes and everyone likes shitting on it
Also i don't think ninja helps ngl xD
you can read my mind heh
You saved my time for writing this

46 minutes ago
Ksnjfwk8 said:
Lel0uchZer0 said:

I'm not shiting i am stating a fact. You should look at fans like this guy who make stupud threads about a 8.97 anime being hated
Of course i am starting to hate it as well when i have to see such dumb people talk about it
Just like my hero academia...actually worse. My hero actually has 3 seasons and the last 2 were praise worthy
Also of course people will be pissed when better anime like vinland saga (wanted to mention dr. Stone but dr. Stone is doing fine for the 1st cour) are getting pushed aside for it
I have to see posts like "best anime of all time or best shonen of all time" and it's so stupid how animation can make everyone shit their pants like that. Story-wise and character wise naruto offered more in the first 26 episodes and everyone likes shitting on it
Also i don't think ninja helps ngl xD
you can read my mind heh
You saved my time for writing this

Haha
Glad to see there are people who agree

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]