Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Carole & Tuesday Episode 24 Discussion

Oct 13, 2019 11:25 AM

It really upsets me that the girls never said a single thank you to Roddy. He put them on the map with that video and helped them a lot, with nothing in it for him and never asked for anything in return.

Oct 15, 2019 12:47 AM
( ´ ω ` )

Loved this series all the way through and it kept its own charm
But the finale was a bit lackluster, it could have used one more EP to tie things up.

“She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing
there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together.”

-J.D. Salinger

Oct 19, 2019 7:14 AM

Those 7mins did evoke some feelings from me. Pretty touching so to say, definitely reminded me of “We Are The World”. Though the plot was somewhat lacking, it was still enjoyable.

Oct 19, 2019 9:59 PM

So nobody else noticed any of the cameos throughout that last performance? The Weeknd. Travis Scott. No? Just me?

Oct 21, 2019 10:09 PM
DANG IT! Cant wait for the new season if there actually is!?!? WHAT AN AWESOME ENDING. It made me cry😢

Oct 28, 2019 1:00 AM

Eh...it was okay I guess. 7/10

Bit of a letdown, to be honest.

Oct 28, 2019 6:33 PM

Wait... so were Tao and Angela technically siblings or....?

That part was SUPER confusing lol

Nov 14, 2019 4:42 AM

Oof... It ended up being disappointment. Finale aside, second part of the season was so focused on politics imitating the current state worldwide. That's big oof. Also lots of lazy camera work, like you have some awesome futuristic backgrounds interior, and so on but every single time from the same damn angle, like cmon that's such a waste.
Music was enjoyable, characters felt real beside when they were trying to appear too deep - and this happened not once or twice. I know it's something like ideal to aim for but.. you can't force it

Overall first part is great, there's lot of parody like detail in both characters and story. Second is disappointing, taking turn to a serious instead of comedic

Surprisingly I don't know how to score this

Nov 15, 2019 7:22 AM

Anyone else laughed so hard when the robot of Desmond was sitting in the stands when it was his turn to sing? lol

Remember when they said C&T is gonna have romance? I really like the final song but the writing is a mess (not so much in Angela's case) especially in the second half. Not nearly enough to redeem rest of the series. Too little too late. I guess the only interesting thing in this episode (besides the final song) was the fact that Tao was Angela's genetically modificated brother like her.

Mother, Mother, Mother. First half is 7/10, second half 4.5/10 5/10 for the anime
Modified by Nurguburu, Nov 15, 2019 7:30 AM
Life has no meaning.

Nov 15, 2019 7:59 AM

Nurguburu said:

Remember when they said C&T is gonna have romance?[/b]

It was never said that it was a romance. MAL added the tag when the synopsis never said romance.

Nov 19, 2019 4:06 AM

That ending was so lit "Will be continued... In your mind" well done. :O
One of my favorite anime of this year :D

Nov 25, 2019 8:08 AM

One of the best anime of this genre I've watched so far, pretty good considering most anime originals are mediocre

Damn that end screen, why u tease me like that "To be continued.." made me so happy but then the "In your mind".....don't do me like that....
Konichiwa fellow weebs
Noot Noot, mah brothas
Hee zeg makker

Dec 4, 2019 4:27 AM

That performance in the end was really nice!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.

Dec 15, 2019 6:21 AM
Quequel said:
It really upsets me that the girls never said a single thank you to Roddy. He put them on the map with that video and helped them a lot, with nothing in it for him and never asked for anything in return.

He lost his robot collections, danced 120 times, sheltered Ertegun, became bait then electrocuted, and bought the expensive tree. Too bad joke character will forever be a joke.

Dec 19, 2019 10:40 PM

Y'all are crazy, this show is at least a 9/10 and is easily AOTY. Such a unique experience is so rare in this medium that it at least deserves that.

Dec 25, 2019 8:52 AM

Wow, just wow.

Greatness personified.
- Justin T. Poindexter

Dec 27, 2019 10:04 AM
Loved this anime! I've seen people dislike the presence of political topics in it, but for me that made me appreciate it even more.

Dec 27, 2019 6:54 PM

This was really good. I would love a second season!
Challenges |Ether
"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"

Dec 29, 2019 6:11 AM

Was really surprised when tao told he was her genetic brother like whoa didnt expect that.. i saw them as a couple now i def cant xD

7/10 for me as there were many loose ends and most got rushed to enclosure and some stuff made no sense but it had many endearing good moments too. Wouldnt have minded the politics if they were less rushed and executed well but tbh i preferred just more SoL and chill stuff like the first part...

Unique it sure was, so def would love another season neverthless

Dec 30, 2019 12:40 AM

Well... things got wrapped up real quickly in this episode. The situation with the mom did a 180 after not caring what was a happening to Tuesday... and then what was up with the background between Tao and Angela?! I have so many unanswered questions!! Otherwise it was enjoyable.

Dec 31, 2019 7:37 PM
I honestly have no idea why people in this thread are giving this low scores. Are you guys high?? This series truly is a hidden gem for 2019 that should be remembered.
I haven’t been so invested in a series in a while. Watanabe knows how to pull viewers in with music and raw emotion.
This was a great time to watch these final episodes during New Years Eve RIGHT NOW! The ending was absolutely touching and I couldn’t stop tearing up. Having every talented artist Carole and Tuesday met over the course of the series was incredible. I couldn’t help but cry when Angela started to sing. Poor girl has suffered so much. This was a character I didn’t care too much about in the beginning because I thought she was a spoiled brat. But, she was only misunderstood.
I had fun watching this series and as 2019 wraps up, Carole and Tuesday is without a doubt ONE of my favorite animes to be released this year AS WELL as the entire 2010s decade. It’s so magically and it made me think deeper about musicians, their position in the entertainment world, and music in general. Music is more than just music. It’s a feeling and an experience.

Jan 3, 7:15 PM

if i had to describe this series i would say it was underwhelming and anticlimactic. don't get me wrong, i actually liked it. the problem wasn't the themes it brought up or even the characters but it was the journey and the goals. the political plot was interesting but it went nowhere, angela's downfall could be touching, carole and tuesday's friendship could be more warm, but i'm leaving this feeling that absolutely everything was underdeveloped.
it's a case of an anime i like not because what it actually but for what it could have been.
that being said, visuals and music were really really good, i have no complaints there and my favourite characters were probably gus and roddy (or maybe roddy could have been it, but i digress...)

Jan 4, 8:23 AM
Worst One

Fantastic finale, it's a shame the 2nd half of the show is a pretty big drop in quality but it was an up and down ride from the very beginning.

Good show though, an easy 7 but I think it had potential to be great.

Jan 5, 7:20 PM

The start felt a little slow but it really did pick it's self up. Great anime with a lot of talent behind it. The animation, voice actors/tress and of course the music it's self. My MVP of the show has got the be Tao, rather mysterious at the beginning, I thought he would be a villian. But became a pillar for Angela and we got a nice twist at the end regarding her past and Tao's.

Got excited when it said "to be continued" but got baited by the "in your mind". Still hopeful of a sequel of some sort. Would be nice for Carole and Tuesday to visit earth and play there.

Katsura janai, Zura da

Jan 6, 12:01 AM

Great finale. I also agree they could have added another episode to wrap things up. It's hard to decide the score for this one since it's unique and well executed. However I feel like it missed something. Not sure what it is.
9/10 Easily top 10 of 2019.

Jan 6, 12:33 AM

Most slept on masterpiece of the decade.
Subscribe to my Youtube: MariNate

Jan 6, 12:35 PM
I want to ask a question, why did the police arrive at the theater in the end? I dont get it did I miss something?

Jan 6, 11:28 PM

Ending was kind of anti-climactic imo but overall a really fun, interesting, and unique show that is definitely worth the watch
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy

Jan 9, 12:43 PM
The song was nice. Too bad the ending is little dissapointing... I hardly see how Tuesday's mom resignation would change things, since arresting immigrants was already in motion. And we don't know if president won't be someone with similar (if not worse) attitude towards Earth's immigrants. Also, what the police did after the song?

"To be continued - in your minds" *flips the table*

The show overall was nice, first episodes were even funnier than I expected (I was kinda afraid it would be something like "Your Lie in April", since Netflix' preview fragment contained melody from quite sad song "The Loneliest Girl"). Galactic Mermaids were perfect meme material :D .

Jan 14, 8:45 PM

MiiyoSon said:
Animaniaig said:

Just because she was a politician, it doesn't mean they need to force it into the story and change the focus so badly.

But you're saying that there was no transition between the two. Valerie was still in the middle of her campaign during the first half. There was also the fact that during the first cour the show kept bringing up Carole was a refugee so you knew they were going to touch in the subject at some point. I least I did.

More importantly, each and every episode we were given a reminder that Carole and Tuesday would do something, perhaps a show, a miracle, that would CHANGE MARS

How the fuck
would that not be political

I'm really stupefied at some comments here, it's like people are living by inertia
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/

Jan 15, 2:52 PM

The overall series was lackluster… Few good episodes, lots of mediocre ones. The potential was there for something better, but…

Best thing about the show was the OP#1 animation sequence.

5/10

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

Jan 19, 6:29 PM

The ending was really beautiful, the song and everything very emotional, this series gave several moments like that and beautiful songs.

Jan 20, 10:22 PM
A great show. Tbh, i wasnt expecting much when they were collaborated with netflix but oh boy how wrong i was. Im glad i watched this. The song are catchy altho i really dont get how they judge the songs. Some felt repetitive but okay some just weird fuck yeah. The characters are great. Not too bland but not too dramatised. The ed felt rush tho and felt incomplete but nevertheless i enjoy it. The change from jap va to english singers sound weird sometimes tho but the catchy song make up for it. I'm just glad there aren't much westernization in this anime. Still feels like watching an anime tho. Really glad it didn't turn out into shows like big mouth when they were produce by netflix.

Jan 28, 7:54 AM
Eh, the final episode was crap. Don't get me wrong, the song was good, but it was the same pop shit that the duo technically swore against making. What, did they really think that a song could change the world's political views? I expected more from Tobe, who was shown to be a hyper-critical personality. How idealistic of them to do this, not to mention casting aside the unresolved subplots like why there were illegal immigrants in the first place. Context is important and yet they completely forgot about that. 6/10 in my book.

Jan 29, 8:43 AM

I feel that they kinda wasted potential of this series
it's still a good show, but it could have been better

Feb 5, 3:01 PM

Mich666 said:
Hmm. The song itself wasn't half bad but whole ending where everyone were magically brought together by love to solve the problem and lived happily ever after was. What was even the message of the show?
Everything went just way too easy, swat team was pushover and there was no character growth for both main protagonists.

I guess the only interesting thing in this episode was the fact that Tao was Angela's genetically modificated brother like her.

It started well but with politics (that had no real meaning in the end) and rather average music it's pretty forgettable anime. Let's move on, guys.

meh/10

You are the reason a lot of anime have so much unnecessary drawn out drama that completely artificially lengthens the plot, and leaves shit on a cliffhanger or bad note, only to never be continued, or be continued in a mediocre season 2.

Anyway, this show is one of the few 10/10s I've ever given. A powerful message, incredible music, fantastic characters (even side characters got love and interesting stories), and one of few 24 ep animes with a proper resolution and a happy ending. Top.

Feb 10, 11:18 AM

Overall I thought this was an enjoyable anime and I really liked the message it portrayed and the way it reflected what's going on in the real world.

My only issue with it is that I didn't give a shit at all about Carole and Tuesday; they were very 2-dimensional characters and didn't feel like the protagonists at all. I also feel like the first half of the season wasn't that interesting. HOWEVER, the second half was amazing and there were other characters that made this anime entirely worth watching. And of course, a majority of the music in it was beautiful!

Feb 13, 2:16 AM

Pretty good show, not gonna lie and angela ended up being one the best character.

Feb 13, 10:29 AM

Nice We Are The World moment in the end.
This has been a nice ride. Despite the pacing and incomplete personal arcs, this is still a 9 for me. They were clearly focusing in music and animation here, as well as some social criticism, with the drama being like a glue. Even though, we could use some OVAs or spin-offs featuring the secondary characters.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]