Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2019 3:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah it's back. Some new characters show up in that OP song and Seth also returns on a new adventure. His friends are also back.

The Inquisition captain also returns although I personally don't find him to be a likeable character. Meanwhile, it seems this episode is already starting to build into the new season with a new mystery. I'm going to keep my expectations low for now and see how this develops. I'm rather curious about that character with the blushing cheeks lol
Oct 2, 2019 6:55 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Good to see this show back! Pretty lit Op and chill ED to boot, that was good stuff!

Seth returns home and Alma's place is quite lively even now. Certainly didn't expect those thieves to be there, lol.

Anyway, the Inquisition Capt is back and he's ascended up the ranks all of a sudden whoo-hoo. Good to see some more on Konrad's mischievious acts in advance to the big uproar from last season, he really was a twisted man through and through yikes. Interesting little dive into the Inquisitors top echelon and suspicious history, I'm really liking this mystery approach here.

Seems like Doc and Melie have yet to catch up, in the meantime. Good to see Alma is badass like the usual, on the other hand. For her to be cautious and worried definitely means something big and bad is about to drop, can't wait to see how that goes!

Who exactly is Seth, and the mystery thickens. Curious to see how the story plays out from here onwards! Good to see that the animation quality is just as good, perhaps even better actually, than that of the first season, keep up great work Studio Lerche!

_MushiRock11_Oct 2, 2019 10:14 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 2, 2019 7:53 AM
Sep 2015
Am I the only one who think that Dragunov is too sexy for this kid show?
Oct 2, 2019 8:31 AM

Jun 2019
Pretty good Op and Ending.

Sad that Radiant will remain somehow underrated because of those stupid fillers in season one...

Anyway good episode with some nice interactions.

Caislean Merlin arc Let's gooooooooooo !
Oct 2, 2019 8:42 AM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
We're back. The episode was basically set up. Cool to see more backstory from Rumble Town & Dragnov. Some foreshadowing about Miracle powers too. WOnder if that farmer story really went that way? Sensing some altered history vibes. Also hope the Bravery DUet won't just be comedy. Their twisted view of the world really set up Radiant for me.
computerwizard said:
I hope Dragunov doesn't change too much because of his position, he was my favorite character in season 1. I didn't see Doc in the OP, wonder if he'll be in this season.

Same here. Doc was in the ED. I'm sure we'll see him. He's just not as prominent I think.

Julianfoxy said:

Sad that Radiant will remain somehow underrated because of those stupid fillers in season one...

!

Yeah no advertising for this series at all either. This anime series will likely stay under the radar.

phantomfandom said:
Am I the only one who think that Dragunov is too sexy for this kid show?

Kid's show? We saw people fall to their death under false pretenses. Last season had child murder. Dragnov is just too good looking for his own good.

Stark700 said:
[b] I'm rather curious about that character with the blushing cheeks lol

Maybe more of the Thaumaturge will get fleshed out this season. Sure hope so. Each seems like there's a lot of thought put into them.
Oct 2, 2019 9:14 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This episode was ok.
The OP is pretty good.
Oct 2, 2019 9:35 AM

Jun 2019
computerwizard said:
I didn't see Doc in the OP.

Are you sure about that ?
Oct 2, 2019 10:11 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
ricksed said:
Some foreshadowing about Miracle powers too. Wonder if that farmer story really went that way? Sensing some altered history vibes.

Same here, I'm feeling strong vibes of altered history-like here too. I'm looking forward to seeing how they will handle the past and Seth's revelations as the plot progresses.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 2, 2019 10:28 AM
Sep 2018
Can't wait to see the next ep .
Oct 2, 2019 11:01 AM

Oct 2017
That last part in the op was lit, lools like we will see some development between Seth and Melie in this season. Judging by the op I think he will be mostly alone in his adventure this time and he will reunite with Melie near the end I guess.
Oct 2, 2019 1:31 PM

Dec 2009
Good episode, nice to see they adapted the begining of the new arc fairly well (they just removed the part where The Bravery Duet hinted
also since they didn't attacked Artemis in the manga they had to make a reference to that filler episode but that wasn't too bothersome.

Other than that the episode was really good, good music when Dragunov meet with Torque and Liselotte in the sanctuary, starting season 2 with best girl entrance was also the best way to start this season :p

It was a bit weird to finally see in this episode the scene where Konrad and Dragunov first met when they destroyed the 13th district, it should have been in s1 but that's not the first time they do a flashback later than it was in the manga.

The Opening is okay, I liked the song but the visuals are really tropey (Seth underwater... lel, actually it makes sense with the upcoming episodes but this definitely gives Naruto / Kingdom Hearts /random shonen vibes).
I really like the ending though, I like the visuals and the song theme too it fits this season and what's to come really well.

If the adaptation continue to remain faithful to the manga like they did in this episode it should be a really good season, I sure hope they don't overdo it with the filler like season 1 who was literally 70% of fillers.
Oct 2, 2019 2:57 PM

Oct 2015
Good start so far, I'm glad Dragunov got promoted. This hopefully will be a good, I really hope so though, unlike the crappy last season!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 3, 2019 1:26 AM

May 2010
surprised this got a second season. i thought season 1 was weak af.
Oct 3, 2019 3:43 AM

Mar 2009
Nice to have this show back. I've missed Alma and Melie.
Oct 3, 2019 6:38 AM

Jun 2019
Please somebody fix Melie's name on MAL chara list
Oct 3, 2019 8:07 AM
Jan 2019
Intriguing beginning. This second season looks good, with Caislean Merlin, the Sorcerer Knights, and the Thaumaturge. I feel there will be a lot of action and some mysteries will be discovered.
In addition, the OP is very cool 👌.
I will not deny it, I am excited 😁.
Oct 4, 2019 12:57 AM

Jul 2017
Welcome back to this series after a massive filler that is Season 1.

This episode's setup is more apparent after the higher echelons of the Inquisition noticed Captain Dragunov's mistake, but made him a Thaumaturge instead to annihilate Seth and Co.

Caislean Merlin, Sorcerer Knights, Source Nemesis, there's a lot to fill in after this episode.

Good premiere episode that I think, am more excited at its world-building than ever before.
Oct 4, 2019 1:26 PM

Jul 2017
It's back! I remember that the last arc from the 1st season was really good, so, i'm glad the story is continuing from there. Looking forward to know more about Seth's powers and Radiant!
Oct 5, 2019 2:11 AM

Oct 2008
Good to see that Radiant is back!
but should I say that Dragunov getting promoted is a good thing? looks like this time, he'll go hostile against Seth!?
4/5.

Oct 5, 2019 5:13 AM

Jun 2016
in season 2 there is much better story and action compared to season 1 ...

this will be getting interesting
Oct 5, 2019 11:49 AM

Nov 2009
hmm... Dragunov got promoted

that may be good or bad

good as in he's in a position of power to make changes

bad as in he's in a position of power where he can't make the right choices and have to follow the exact rules of the Inquisition.

the latter is most likely, because the best way to keep someone from rebelling is to promote them, so they won't even think about rebelling anymore.

IE: a peasant complaining about labor, gets promoted to a noble, stops complaining and now think the other peasants are in the wrong.

___ ___ ___

Personally, I think Dragunov will actually try and hunt down the Sorcerer regardless if they're good or bad.

Since we've just seen the Origin of Inquisition is about a Farmer dude that rise up to fight against "evil sorcerers", but doesn't mention anything about Sorcerers fighting Nemesis. This means the Nemesis is most likely created by the Farmer dude to fight against the sorcerers.
amlgOct 5, 2019 11:53 AM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Oct 5, 2019 12:45 PM

Jun 2019
amlg said:

Since we've just seen the Origin of Inquisition is about a Farmer dude that rise up to fight against "evil sorcerers", but doesn't mention anything about Sorcerers fighting Nemesis. This means the Nemesis is most likely created by the Farmer dude to fight against the sorcerers.

But from what we know , Sorcerer are 'born' from Nemesis (by surviving touching a Nemesis you get cursed and the ability to use Fantasia) so that's implyîng that Nemesis existed before the Father Inquisitor ? Hmmm...
JulianfoxyOct 5, 2019 12:49 PM
Oct 5, 2019 2:04 PM

Dec 2009
^This, sorcerers are "born" from Nemesis contact and surviving it
The farmer fought against sorcerers that abused of their powers and used fantasia to do evil things (kinda like the Bravery Quartet in the first couple episodes of s1). But that's just what the Inquisition thinks and tell to their newcomers, we don't know if this history they talk about isn't some kind of false truth they teach to make the sorcerers look evil.
Oct 5, 2019 3:14 PM

Jun 2019
Batora07 said:
^This, sorcerers are "born" from Nemesis contact and surviving it

Don't worry , I'm actually up to date on the manga (hyper génial en passant mdr) but I'm just considering what clues we have now in the anime :)
Oct 5, 2019 6:11 PM

May 2013
This show no longer having an ending by Polkadot Stingray anymore has probably halved the total value of the how. Rip.
Oct 6, 2019 4:37 AM

Dec 2009
Both new opening and ending are really good thought, I'm listening to the ending everyday since release of 1st episode and I'm really enjoying it every time.
Oct 6, 2019 9:58 PM
Mar 2015
Basically an update on our heroes journey
Oct 7, 2019 10:54 AM

May 2013
Yeah I don't remember particularly disliking the new ed and op it's ust by comparison to the original ed.
Oct 7, 2019 2:41 PM
Jun 2016
Alma whooping butt as usual and we have the now defunct Bravery Quartet back as Bravery Duet. I mean they got to keep the comedic foils right. Seth is back at his quest. And I agree, Dragunov is too good looking in general. I hope he stays the same as well.
Oct 9, 2019 9:11 PM
Sep 2017
MELIEEEEEEEEEEEE I WANT MELIEEEE GIVE MEEEE NIBBA

Pretty sad we wont see her for a while, probably at the end :(

Oct 15, 2019 11:31 PM

Aug 2018
Good episode
Good opening
But I miss season 1 ending song was very good
Nov 9, 2019 5:40 PM

Jun 2014
Dragunov wasn't executed, but instead was promoted. He still has a slight bit of goodness in him. Will he ever switch to the good side?

Sep 3, 2020 10:05 AM

Jul 2015
Rip Dragunov the captain....welcome Dragunov the Thaumaturge!
Bit of an intro episode with the whole Inquisition founder and this new city where magic was founded, I hope this second season improves on the faults of the first one

Sep 11, 2020 10:55 AM

Aug 2017
Ok start, much better than the first episode of Season 1 so far. So many flashbacks for my taste, but it was ok lol. Dragunov being promoted was unexpected and quite curious movement, I wonder if his personality will change because of this. Still, surprised this got a second season after the disaster of Season 1 with fillers and weak arcs.

My only issue is the opening, quite forgettable and generic unlike the opening from Season 1.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 22, 2022 11:32 PM

Jul 2017
Safe to say this season is gonna be some heat! That opening really says it all. Got me so hyped!

Dragunov a snacc this season ngl lol.

More topics from this board

» s3 updates?

Kimo45 - May 25, 2023

4 by GerenteYato »»
Nov 5, 2023 8:52 PM

» Radiant Season 3?

Slayer9568 - Mar 7, 2020

17 by DangerMouseDM »»
Nov 4, 2022 7:50 PM

Poll: » Radiant 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2020

52 by Attackonfiller »»
May 6, 2022 1:22 PM

Poll: » Radiant 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2020

19 by Attackonfiller »»
Apr 25, 2022 5:09 PM

Poll: » Radiant 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2020

20 by Attackonfiller »»
Apr 21, 2022 8:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.