Forum Settings
Forums
Mushishi
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 1, 2019 4:47 PM

Aug 2015
Hi.

I watched the first season about 5 years ago, so there is quite a lot of things that I don´t remember. However, after finishing the series I still have a question regarding Ginko himself.

Why does he look so out of place?

What I am referring to is to his clothes and the thing he carries in his back. I know the reason for the white hair and green eye (and how he lost the other one) but I don´t really remember if it was ever mentioned why he looks so western (and also a lot more "modern") than everyone else on the show. I also wonder a little about why he does not seem to age at all, even if there is timeskips between the self-contained arcs, but I guess that one was not explained.
Jul 12, 2020 6:21 AM

May 2020
Pakumen- said:
Hi.

I watched the first season about 5 years ago, so there is quite a lot of things that I don´t remember. However, after finishing the series I still have a question regarding Ginko himself.

Why does he look so out of place?

What I am referring to is to his clothes and the thing he carries in his back. I know the reason for the white hair and green eye (and how he lost the other one) but I don´t really remember if it was ever mentioned why he looks so western (and also a lot more "modern") than everyone else on the show. I also wonder a little about why he does not seem to age at all, even if there is timeskips between the self-contained arcs, but I guess that one was not explained.

It's kinda late but here it is
I've read one of the review that said it was because this series planned to be in modern world but later changed. But they still want to keep ginko's design. About aging, on several episode we see that ginko leaves the client and promises to return back after the promised time. Maybe on that time he was on another episodes.
Sorry if my English bad,it's not my main language
┏────────┓
WHY
Is HoneyComeBear so Underrated?

─────────
┗─────────┛

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushishi Zoku Shou: Suzu no Shizuku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

_HeroKenzan_ - Jun 12, 2015

142 by Pokitaru »»
Mar 31, 7:31 AM

» Is this the last of the anime?

AnnaSartin - Dec 28, 2016

2 by Sephir7 »»
Jul 23, 2022 4:18 AM

» Is this a separate story from Seasons?

ExTemplar - Sep 16, 2015

1 by Seyfert »»
Sep 22, 2015 2:21 PM

» Would it really only be available this November? (Unconfirmed)

Seyfert - Jun 13, 2015

16 by Daddy-O »»
Aug 17, 2015 12:44 PM

» How long is this film?

Kuandohan - Jun 22, 2015

2 by Kuandohan »»
Jul 11, 2015 9:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.