Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 6, 2019 1:50 PM

Apr 2016
I’m really disappointed by that ending. The last 5/6 episodes were pretty bad in my opinion, however I had good hopes for the ending but it was disappointing. It’s sad.
Oct 7, 2019 4:20 PM

Oct 2008
Hey guys did any of ypu find out the name of that newborn tree in the last scene, if you did please tell me.
Oct 8, 2019 11:12 AM
Jul 2012
Laukku said:
teubert2 said:

You are right. I completely forgot to add that to my post lmao. He used to use the Reflector Device almost all the time before going to Dela Granto, and then he stops using it all of a sudden. It's been a couple of days, so I can't remember, but if he did have the Reflector Device when he met Ryuzoji in prison, he should have "saved" time as soon as he saw Ryuzoji in case some BS happened (considering the fact it happened countless times prior to Dela Granto, you would think he would do it right away), and then later he could have rewinded time, likely making things a lot better for himself and everyone.

Considering how often he used to use the Reflector Device, I would say this is a huge plothole.
He avoided using the reflector device because he wanted to be able to return to Kanna. In episode 18 he says he can't return to Earth if he uses it; it's implied that only one savepoint can be made at a time, and the newest one always overwrites any old one.

In the game the reasons are different: Takuya doesn't bring it with him after being isekai'd, so it's out of the picture for the vast majority of that section. It also has different limitations in the game (only sometimes you can alter the flow of events, indicated by a crystal on the reflector device flashing), and never shows up at all in the graphical interface during the isekai arc even after he acquires a new one.

Thanks for telling me about the game. Knowing that now, I think they should just have gone with what happens in the game instead of coming up with anime original content. I understand the "one save only" limitation (I never stated I believe otherwise), but I feel like he should have loaded to said save point. If he used the load feature in Dela Granto, I believe he would return to wherever he saved last time, which is on Earth. If he did that after acquiring psychite, then he could go back and change things, like he did earlier on Earth. He could do this:

Load previous save while holding psychite and then give Kanna said psychite > Go to Dela Granto and [slash] ravage [/slash] impregnate mute oppai girl > Wait for imperial troops to arrive while his daughter grows up > Cooperate with Ayumi's empire and convince the rebels to side with him by taking them to the hall of memories or whatever it was called again > Have Eriko-sensei kill Ryuzoji while he is imprisoned > Complete ritual risk-free and save both worlds ~a year (I can't remember the exact amount of time but let's say one year for simplicity) before time runs out the way it more or less did originally > Win.

It's not THAT difficult to do. Time consuming, but not difficult. That's why I believe it's a plot hole from an anime perspective. They should have elaborated on why he can't or doesn't load back to Earth and re-do everything all over in order to save everyone like how he saved Ayumi.
When people tell me to stream anime on CR instead of downloading from fansub sites.

Oct 15, 2019 5:23 AM
Jan 2019
There's only one question I have...
They said, "the name of this child is...."
What? What Exactly is the name?
Oct 15, 2019 5:31 AM
Jan 2019
teubert2 said:
So much disappointment and so many unanswered questions in the ending.

1. No revealing to Kanna that she MIGHT be Arima Takuya's daughter. (we and the MC don't know if she is, but she deserves to know of the possibility at least)
2. No saying the name of the plant growing. (Why tf bring it up if you don't say it?)
3. Nothing about the real Ryuzoji in the "new world". (does he exist or not?)
4. Next to nothing about Arima Takuya in the "new world". (Will he go to Dela Granto too and all that? Did he disappear from existence shortly after old Arima Takuya appears? Something else?)
5. What about Hatano Kanna now that she has been saved? (What happens if "new world" Arima Takuya returns from Dela Granto and finds she has already been saved?)
6. What about Eriko-sensei now that her secret mission is complete? (does she teach at the school or not? Is she present or not present in the "new world"?)
7. What happened to the reflector device and Arima Takuya's clothes? (He put it in his pocket and both just up and disappeared? Yu-No loses her clothes due to basically fusing with what can probably be called an AI via a ritual, but Arima Takuya doesn't do any such ritual, and why does the reflector device disappear along with the clothes?)
8. Why is Toyotomi Hideo slapped, and by whom? (have I forgotten?)

There are probably many more questions to be had, but these are the most obvious ones to me right now. Could really have had a much better ending to be honest. I honestly expected more from this anime.
I feel you bro...
I just finished it and I can't get the thought out of my head of what did they name the palnt. There's still so many unanswered questions.
Oct 19, 2019 2:49 PM

May 2010
I feel sorry for Kanna...fatherless, raped, and dead mom. And man I wanted Takuya to meet with his father at least. Such a letdown.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 25, 2019 12:18 AM
Aug 2018
Kougeru said:
what the hell was that ending? So basically nothing happened/mattered, and the whole anime was actually stuff that already happened. What did they name the thing at the end?
. Seeing as how everything sort of just went in a time circle I would guess they named the tree Vrinda yaknow.... still kind of shitty to end off without telling us tho
Oct 27, 2019 9:33 AM
Jul 2008
When I watched it I feel like I watched Steins Gate.. turned out the anime was its predecessor.
But unlike Steins Gate, there are many plotholes in the story.

1. They don't explain properly about characters in each parallel world. The first episode anime criminal was sent to the Dela Grante along with Ayumi but Takuya can still encounter them in each parallel worlds which means each characters can exists in each worlds. This made me confused about how 'interdimensional' criminal and the teacher police exists.
By going with timeline of how the criminal steal the body, then the police steal Takuya's memories and retrieve it later makes me think that they're in the same timeline but each character should have their own memories? The first world Takuya should not have interacted with other characters at all, why the police can 'retrieve' Takuya's memories? If the police is indeed 'interdimensional' too, then she should retain memories from various worlds?

2. No explanation about the orbs in the Reflector device. The device seems to only can store one save point at the time but why use multiple orbs? Why Takuya press the orbs differently each time? Can one orbs only be used for one save point? Why the device can function even with incomplete orbs? Can it function with only one orb?

3. Ayumi knew that Takuya was already in the world when Yuno was brought to her because the guardian mention his name. Why did she keep Takuya in the prison? Did she let him suffer because she have hidden grudge with him because Saylees died because of him?

4. Saylees was guided by Mother from capital to the border. Even with 'guidance', she would have not survived the desert. Unless the 'guidance' is somehow an dimensional portal. This was not explained at all.

5. What caused Saylees to suddenly can speak? Yuno can escape the 'curse' only because the machine below her bed was broken but there's no explanation for Saylees at all.

6. No explanation about Kanna and her mother's immortal age. They said that people in Dela Grante was adapted to fast age progression because of how chaotic that world. The reason was said so that they can reproduce faster. But why those two got immortal age in Earth? You can't just say their body 'adapted', because species adaptation can't be reached within one lifetime, even if it's an adaptation, immortal age is adaptation for what?

7. I still don't really understand about monsters in Dela Grante. They're originally humans but got experimented and turned out to be half monster? And why they kept appearing is because the empire keep on experimenting on them?

8. Takuya's severe headache is also not explained.

9. Takuya's mom and dad somehow become the tree's supervisor? How?

10. What's actually a psycrite? Why Kanna need it to keep on living? I forgot the reason why Ayumi need to crystalize it.. Is that even mentioned?

11. Why they need to make coffin for the priestess filled with psycrite? Isn't the priestess will be gone after the ritual? As we see there are many abandoned coffins at the desert. Why bother making them?

As said above, first half reminds me of Steins Gate and second half isekai is like Twelve Kingdoms. It seems both works were inspired from this anime story? It was said Yuno was well known masterpiece in the past.. though it's strange I never heard of it before watching this anime.

According to Anime News Network, YU-NO is "considered one of the most beloved narrative games in Japan, and its system of parallel storylines had a profound influence on storytelling in visual novels in the years since its original release."[3] According to ITmedia, the influence of Kanno, and YU-NO in particular, goes beyond visual novels and extends to modern Otaku works in general. The mangaka Tamiki Wakaki, for example, has cited YU-NO as an influence on the manga and anime series, The World God Only Knows. Other visual novel and manga authors who cited YU-NO as an influence include Romeo Tanaka, Poyoyon Rock, Jun Maeda, Type-Moon's Hikaru Sakurai, White Album 2 and Saekano author Fumiaki Maruto, and To Heart author Toru Minazuki.[4] According to RPG Site and DualShockers, Hiroyuki Kanno's work influenced later visual novels such as Fate/stay night and Steins;Gate.

There are others questionable things but as I think overall it's quite good.
LeonLanfordOct 27, 2019 4:49 PM
Nov 12, 2019 12:51 AM
Sep 2019
I didn't get it, The whole season was messy and incomprehensible so many things happened at the same time which was difficult to follow.
Nov 16, 2019 2:54 PM

Jul 2015
so this is the end, must say for an anime with so many genres combined it was quite decent

I think it would have been better if it took a little bit more time to explain things, because things got explained quite the high pace

Nov 23, 2019 5:45 AM

Feb 2012
LeonLanford said:
When I watched it I feel like I watched Steins Gate.. turned out the anime was its predecessor.

1. They don't explain properly about characters in each parallel world. The first episode anime criminal was sent to the Dela Grante along with Ayumi but Takuya can still encounter them in each parallel worlds which means each characters can exists in each worlds. This made me confused about how 'interdimensional' criminal and the teacher police exists.
By going with timeline of how the criminal steal the body, then the police steal Takuya's memories and retrieve it later makes me think that they're in the same timeline but each character should have their own memories? The first world Takuya should not have interacted with other characters at all, why the police can 'retrieve' Takuya's memories? If the police is indeed 'interdimensional' too, then she should retain memories from various worlds?

2. No explanation about the orbs in the Reflector device. The device seems to only can store one save point at the time but why use multiple orbs? Why Takuya press the orbs differently each time? Can one orbs only be used for one save point? Why the device can function even with incomplete orbs? Can it function with only one orb?

3. Ayumi knew that Takuya was already in the world when Yuno was brought to her because the guardian mention his name. Why did she keep Takuya in the prison? Did she let him suffer because she have hidden grudge with him because Saylees died because of him?

4. Saylees was guided by Mother from capital to the border. Even with 'guidance', she would have not survived the desert. Unless the 'guidance' is somehow an dimensional portal. This was not explained at all.

5. What caused Saylees to suddenly can speak? Yuno can escape the 'curse' only because the machine below her bed was broken but there's no explanation for Saylees at all.

6. No explanation about Kanna and her mother's immortal age. They said that people in Dela Grante was adapted to fast age progression because of how chaotic that world. The reason was said so that they can reproduce faster. But why those two got immortal age in Earth? You can't just say their body 'adapted', because species adaptation can't be reached within one lifetime, even if it's an adaptation, immortal age is adaptation for what?

7. I still don't really understand about monsters in Dela Grante. They're originally humans but got experimented and turned out to be half monster? And why they kept appearing is because the empire keep on experimenting on them?

10. What's actually a psycrite? Why Kanna need it to keep on living? I forgot the reason why Ayumi need to crystalize it.. Is that even mentioned?

11. Why they need to make coffin for the priestess filled with psycrite? Isn't the priestess will be gone after the ritual? As we see there are many abandoned coffins at the desert. Why bother making them?

As said above, first half reminds me of Steins Gate and second half isekai is like Twelve Kingdoms. It seems both works were inspired from this anime story? It was said Yuno was well known masterpiece in the past.. though it's strange I never heard of it before watching this anime.

According to Anime News Network, YU-NO is "considered one of the most beloved narrative games in Japan, and its system of parallel storylines had a profound influence on storytelling in visual novels in the years since its original release."[3] According to ITmedia, the influence of Kanno, and YU-NO in particular, goes beyond visual novels and extends to modern Otaku works in general. The mangaka Tamiki Wakaki, for example, has cited YU-NO as an influence on the manga and anime series, The World God Only Knows. Other visual novel and manga authors who cited YU-NO as an influence include Romeo Tanaka, Poyoyon Rock, Jun Maeda, Type-Moon's Hikaru Sakurai, White Album 2 and Saekano author Fumiaki Maruto, and To Heart author Toru Minazuki.[4] According to RPG Site and DualShockers, Hiroyuki Kanno's work influenced later visual novels such as Fate/stay night and Steins;Gate.

You should go read the definitions for plot hole, as you've listed no actual plot holes but only unexplained things (which are completely fine in every genre except Detective Mistery)
Humans are suspicious and jealous creatures. When they see something perfect, they wanna find a flaw.

Ratohnhaketon said:
You have much to learn if you have not joined the witch hunt to down vote every anime that rises above our underrated favorites. I am currently on a campaign to get Training with Hinako into the top 12. Shit taste is hard to fight though, it's like trying to talk sense to an army of hallucinating loonies.
Ty-Ki said:
It's hilarious to see morons wasting more time with the series they hate so much than the fans of it.
Nov 24, 2019 2:10 AM
Jul 2008
PKX said:
LeonLanford said:

You should go read the definitions for plot hole, as you've listed no actual plot holes but only unexplained things (which are completely fine in every genre except Detective Mistery)

Here I googled it for you
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plot_hole
Jan 24, 2020 6:52 AM
Jan 2017
Yeah I did not care too much for this anime it was good all the way up to episode 19 I was expecting something more scientific w/ this mystery anime maybe even a case of where the main character had to go to multiple time lines where he already existed to set things in place. but it just kinda feels like they just tacted on a fantasy etype ending which in all honesty was a dissappointment to me. Nothing wrong w/ fantasy I just didnt think it worked w/ this anime.
overall 5/10
Jan 29, 2020 4:43 PM

Aug 2011
I cannot understand wh this mish-mash is so popular. It was hard enough to follow from the beginning, but after Takuya left to get the psychite to save Kanna, it all went to hell in a handbasket, IMO.

I agree with Confuscious, Takuya leaves one daughter to be with the other, spouting he does not want her to be alone. Compared to Kanna, I can't see a time where she was. Yu-No grew up fast, but she at least had her parents. So, I called the BS card on that one. The pervert probably favored the child of his beloved Sayless.

I kept watching this because I too thought that Takuya would eventually reunite with his father and his birth mother as well, but that also got lost somewhere in cyberspace. *Sighs*

A waste of 26 episodes and the only hope is - I'm rooting for Yuki to get the girl.
Feb 23, 2020 8:30 PM

Jun 2013
I generally like sci-fi anime but this one was okay. Pacing was my biggest issue with this show. The arcs/routes left many things unexplained. I liked the final arc or true ending route when Arima enters Del Grante. But I still don't understand why Ayumi didn't just tell Arima of the ritual instead of letting him rot in prison and kidnapping/brainwashing his daughter. It was just sad that his reunion with Yuno was short-lived all thanks to Ayumi. And that ending scene with Kodai made me feel like Takuya was just a tool to further his ambitions.
Mar 2, 2020 7:21 PM

Aug 2017
MegaZ3r0 said:
Well looks like his instincts for not "liking" kanna was a good hunch thank god.
Yeah well he liked her up in VN. Too bad she's a dirty whore.

Lousy anime here. VN remaster much better.
Mar 11, 2020 12:41 AM
Review Moderator
Mar 2018
This was... an interesting journey. The show felt like a giant puzzle, and to understand it fully, a rewatch would probably be necessary.
That aside, this show was rough. I honestly have to think and process it for a little bit, but overall, it was pretty dark and much more complex than what the first 17-18 episodes portrayed.

Floating Around...

"You're loved as deeply as the ocean reaches"

Jun 14, 2020 4:43 PM

Mar 2012
this was horrible. i kept watching because i read the VN inspired many popular series and it had a very interesting plot and boy... it was just a mess.
the sexual jokes are cringey and awkward, appearing in the most innapropriate moments, the female characters are bland and tropey, their relationships with the MC are too predictable and questionable, since it seems there is a loveline between him and his own daughter. this whole going back in time schtick sounded like just and excuse for him to be with every female around him and his father sounds like a dick. i don't even get the motivation for him starting all that research in the first place.
Jul 25, 2020 1:13 PM
孔ēœŸćƒ»ć‚³ć‚¦ćƒžć‚³ćƒˆ

Jun 2017
Yikes, this was a poor finale. No real closure whatsoever and some of the fates of the characters pretty much just dangling in the air, really. Heck, I’d go as far as to say that the second half of the show was far below par than the first.

And then there’s the obvious plot holes and conveniences of course starting mostly since the Isekai version (Episode 17-18 or so) which only made it worse.

Kanna-chan turning out to be Takuya’s daughter was a bit of surprise but honestly I almost forgot about her, lol. Ayumi-san not managing to break free from fate definitely lacked the punch from the initial couple of episodes as well, but that’s only to be expected I suppose.

What is this tree of Nyr(etc.) where Takuya’s parents reside in, anyway? And a plethora of other questions but I’m not going to get into them now. Pretty lame villain at the end, as well.

One thing that did make sense was the whole Takuya into Del Granto and then out the next second during the Kanna reunion scene.

To be honest, I’d have preferred to just see Takuya playing the harem school role rather than the cheap adultery from a romance point of view as well. Found it strange from the get-go and it only kept getting weirder by the episode...

All in all, a huge dive down between the cours. Ayumi-san arc at the start was pretty much the high point and that was actually entertaining in all honesty but then it just kept degrading to end up to this mess.

Cramming 50+ hours of gameplay into 26 episodes was never going to end smoothly, especially not for a deep and ambitious plot of this sort. We really needed some more Eriko-Sensei scenes too.

Going to settle with a 4/10 here. Disappointed, least said.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 5, 2020 3:58 PM
Oct 2019
Can someone actually explain to me what happened? I'm very confused by the ending
Feb 5, 2021 5:07 PM
Mar 2016
omg what a waste of time!
Feb 18, 2021 3:45 AM

Oct 2012
dang so much hate.

who actually planned to play the VN after :O
Aug 21, 2021 11:39 PM
Jul 2021
Ugh, sooo fucking stupid. They took his MOM, then they killed his girlfriend, and now his daughter? So trash trash trash. The evil dictator is just his Stepmom. What a waste of 5 hours or whatever it was
Aug 23, 2021 9:18 AM

Aug 2017
Father and daughter became Adam and Eve at the end of the universe lol. It looks like the aftermath of each route was shown, didn't Mitsuki was destined to die no matter the route? Ok.

What a weird anime. The pacing was inconsistent sometimes, before isekai, it was ok, after isekai, rushed especially early episodes. The rebellion was a waste of time, although I understood why they acted in that way....the government and their questionable treatment used towards its inhabitants should have been explained better. Takuya realized Kanna is his daughter but I felt bad that she was left alone, im pretty sure he has a bias with his daughters lol.

The anime was fine. I was expecting a stupid plot where Takuya tried to stop his daughter but I'm glad that never happened. 6/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 24, 2021 9:25 AM
Nov 2020
Ah... I remember this one. The pixel hunting ero VN from, I don't know, 20 years ago?

I didn't watch the series; in fact, I bumped into this by sheer coincidence whiler looking for something else to watch. And guess what - my last series was wonder egg priority, which also deals - horribly - with the concept of parallel universes.

Well, I have nothing else to do atm; chess.com isn't opening for some reason and steam download is taking a horribad amount of time. My connection sure is garbage today. So, I'll just type something here. A rant about parallel universes. I already made a rant wall about time travel somewhere else; and since this game tried to mix the two most unknown concepts in the universe aside black holes, and made everything an horrible mess (just like wonder egg which I mentioned above), here is my wall of text. It will be very long. I'll split into two sections: first, the full game. It'll be spoiling everything I can remember about the VN (again, didn't watch the animated series). I'm not expecting anyone to read, but at least I'll have a text to adapt in future occasions about spatial rants, which comes after the full game spoiler. After that, my rant about parallelisms. If you don't want to read it, ctrl+f to "B. THE RANT" to read the rant only. It'll have some spoilers of course, I need to base my rant in arguments. If you want any spoiler just gtfo.

A. THE FULL SPOILER

The story "starts" at day 0, year I don't know, don't expect me to remember if they ever mentioned a date. Let's say its 2000. Before game starts, the game intro shows a guy alone in his studio writing things, using a clock as a safe, then with an extra shadow being reflect in the glass.

At day -60, MC's (I don't remember the name, takeda, takeo, something; I'll call him MC) father died in a cave in. This is the guy from the intro. At day -30 they confirmed his death. MC lives with his father's former student and lover ayumi (forgive me if I mix the girls' names too). At day 0 game starts with MC having a nice nap at school's rooftop and having a talk exchange with the school nurse, Eriko; then, at night, at home, MC recieves a letter from his father saying he isn't dead, he just "secluded himself" from MC or something. MC also receives two items along the letter: A mirror, from his blood mother (which died ~13 years before day 0 IIRC) and a stone slate with 8 sockets, two of them holding two jewel-like spheres and a fixed crystal in the tip. The letter explains the stone slate is a device for "a certain end" and tells MC to go to sword cape (there was a popular name for the location, cannot remember; i remember this one because it's a thin mountain resembling a sword stuck into a rock, like excalibur), where he should deliver the device to the person there - but the device must have all 8 jewels socketed. Well, off he goes anyway, even without the jewels. There he encounters a girl in the floor, has a "talk" with her (where she doesn't say anything), then she kisses him and dies. Then vanishes. Then he's ambushed by her stepmother ayumi and ryu.... something. One moment, I can simply see the characters' names at MAL page for the anime, should have thought of that before... dude, wtf did they do with the character designs? They look nothing with the VN ones. Anyway, guy's Ryuuzouji, he's the school principal and an old friend of MC's father (koudai I think; MAL page doesn't mention him); MC is takuya (I was close). With this super important info out of the way, ryuu questions takuya about the device, puts a gun on his face, and wants the device. Then, out of nowhere, a huge flash brightens the area and MC is warped to the hellhole called "yu-no: the game". Before dropping in hell, he saw a shadow behind ryuu/ayumi, which he recognizes as kanna, the new transfer girl.

OK, all that previous paragraph was the prologue, abridged. Here, the hell starts. We are at day 0b, which means, the start of the actual game. This is the root return point. every time you see "root" in the text, it's this point right here. The mirror serves as the game save-and-exit button; the device is the emulator, with the savestates.

The game's premise is pretty simple, really: find the 8 jewels, shove them into the device's 8 slots, and voila, game ended. It should be trivial - if not for the nature of the game. I'm telling you guys, I have no idea how this game got an anime adaptation; the game is horribad with the clicking part, and without a full route map you risk like getting everything, then reloading a savestate without an essential item which you just used and be forced to remake the whole game to get that back. If someone says to you "hurr I finished without a walkthrough" you can discard this person from your life. It's a compulsive liar or an idiot. Stay away from him.

Anyway, MC goes to his house and finds an essay, written by a scientist chick, about the device in his room's desk, explaining how that thing can cross time and space and jabba jabba. The author was a mathematician who joined koudai and ryuu in their research, and formed the big three. He cannot find ayumi and goes to bed worried.

The first possible jewel (3rd one, really; device has the first 2 as mentioned earlier) is found here, in his desk if, for some absurd and illogical reason, player chooses to "no, let's not read this suspicious documents explaining about this alien device in my hands". Yes, and some idiots really want people to believe they finished this abomination without a walkthrough. Lul at you.

From this point the game can throw you into 5... 4 routes? mio, ayumi, kanna, eriko... the journalist, huh, her name was... kaori, sort of. Well, 4 and a half routes. Mitsuki doesn't have a dedicated route and kaori, well, you'll see. Let's go for the shortest possible hellpath until the end.

ROUTE 1 - ERIKO/MITSUKI
MC awakens in his house worried about last night events, doesn't know where ayumi is, what ryuu did to her; gets a phone from his friend... yuuki (it's a guy) telling him he saw ayumi at the school. Rushes to school. A lot of awkawrd and stupid interactions with the game cast later, these are the main points:
- in this route, ayumi, mio, kanna and kaori are irrelevant;
- this is general info: the device jewels serve as savestates: they exist beyond time, so they create anchors for MC to go back in time when needed. Of course, there are game signals like the device's fixed crystal shining and a beep indicating when you entered parallel paths, but if you really want to suffer, then choose to suffer less and grab a walkthrough to tell you where to jewel save;
- mitsuki will approach MC about something which scares her. Mitsuki is his former teacher or something, cannot remember, but anyway, she now works as ryuu's secretary. She also wants to ride ryuu, but the guy is married, so she was depressed. Then MC was depressed when his father died, even if he pretends to hate the man. They were both screwed up a few months ago, so they screwed up a few months ago. Yes, in that sense. This is how they became close. In the middle of action one day they were spotted by mio. This is irrelevant for this route, just forget it for now. Anyway, since they're close, she tell him how ryuu changed lately, being obssessed with his research and becoming more rude and etc;
- ayumi will be found a bit later in day 1, cleaning up koudai's studio, which is fully emptied. She says ryuu got all the research materials, since it was a collab with his father and jabba jabba. She also mentions the studio door was locked, the key was nowhere to be seen, so they had to force the door open. Since neither she or ryuu acted like they remembered anything from the previous night, MC starts to associate it to the docs he found talking about the device and parallel universes;
- at some point he'll have a talk with ryuu about a curse - people are gossiping how something henious killed someone close to ryuu's estate (a huge mansion with a large garden close to the school where he resides with his mother). Here he says something bizarre, about two victims. Even after all these years I don't forget this thing because it was the first time I read about the curse, and when people later started talking about one single victim I was truly confused;
- Eriko is interested in the curse, and in ryuu's mansion. She'll also be following him using another outfit;
- at some point Mc will see kaori and ryuu having a cryptic conversation in the school grounds;
- MC and Mitsuki will investigate ryuu's house; his mother acts senile, but she's irrelevant for now. She also gives MC a key for a storage shed in the backyard. They go to an old well where Mitsuki found a page of ryuu's diary, found nothing, MC sees something deep in the well's wall which can be acquired with savestating after entering the storage shed;
- the storage shed is a very worn down structure which mitsuki swears it was brand new, then one month ago it became horror-level building. It's a single ample room with a lot of garbage, except for a rope (which you can only get after being locked in, I don't know, you see something in the well, there's a rope right here, but I won't get it yet because I'm the MC badass), a newly-painted wall, and a thick steel door to a small room in the back, which cannot be opened.

Now here things require using savestates:
- a savestate outside the shed; enter, get locked, grab rope, load save; go to the well, use rope, grab a medal which will be used in ANOTHER ROUTE, AT THE VERY VERY END;
- another savestate to follow both inner routes: being locked in the shed, not being locked. By not being locked, MC will get his mediocre h-scene with eriko at some point, while hiding in a closet and witnessing ryuu and mitsuki going the distance in the school's lab; later, he and eriko will try to infiltrate the mansion again, find ryuu's mother dead in the shed hanging in a rope, then they flee, mitsuki will car crash somehow, be unconscious, treated at the school infirmary, then eriko will go out to buy bandaids or something which are out of stock; at this point, mitsuki will wake up in a berserker rage and attack MC, and if you didn't get a wooden sword somwehere along the route, bad end - you'll be killed by ryuu and mitsuki in his mansion after seeing eriko also dead by ryuu in a corner;
- By being locked in the shed, MC will... cannot remember exactly, I think he enters the steel door before someone enters the shed to kill ryuu's mother. Ah yes, jewel #4 of 8 is here. Then game converges into the mitsuki car crash again.
- There'll be a need for ANOTHER savestate here, and if you aren't following a walkthrough, this shit is impossible to guess and will force you to remake the whole fucking route once again to reach this point. I'll call this "the fucking savestate", remember it;
- by blocking mitsuki's attack, eriko comes back and knocks her out, telling she was being controlled with "niarb" - another term I still remember because it's obviously "brain" backwards. She doesnt explain wtf this is aside a type of hypnotism ryuu can use by talking for a while with someone;
- another svaestate here: one path alongside eriko in the storage shed, another MC goes to the mansion. In the mansion, he fiddles with a tapestry in a wall, finds a secret door behind a wall, follows it, and ends up in a small room with a bizarre contraption, partially metallic and partially "something organic", which I suppose its keratin or whatever. Can't think on "organics" hard enough to build something with them aside keratin. Anyway, the thing will react with the device, eriko will yell from the other side of the room (which actually is the storage shed, behind the metal door) some parallel world mechanics. Then MC will be thrown out in a random point of the route. Yes, you'll have to retace the whole path until here if you had not saved earlier. Then, as a good walkthrough follower, noe you'll realod;

- Following eriko to the shed, unless the player acts like an imbecile (to drop into the bad ending again), they found the remains of the curse victim buried into the renewed wall of the shed - the remains being ryuuzouji. Then who the fuck is the ryuu walking around? He appears, alongisde hypnotised mitsuki. Eriko calls ryuu as "****", like "you will not escape now, ***". This is another bullshit I'll point out later. Then eriko and MC start to debate the game plot while ryuu grabs his gun and shoots at MC, but mitsuki protects him and dies with the wound. ryuu escapes, eriko says mitsuki was fated to die anyway, and then MC will return to the root point at sword cape, night of day 0b. Route ended. Are you confused?

The shit barely started.

ROUTE 2 - AYUMI
You'll have to click every same crap in the scenario again to reach day 1. Yes, the damn pixel hunt redux.

Ayumi's route is simpler then eriko's:
- in this route, only ayumi has some relevance. She works at a geo-research company which is doing geological something on the city's beach. With the mayor's consent, they took control of the beach, not allowing the residents to use it or visit the sword cape (which is a kind of shrine to them),and this made people pissed. The company is also suffering rage from the citizens: whatever they're doing, a few accidents occur every time they start to transport the research material outside the beach. They are there, in their trucks, then LIGHTNING BOLT FROM FUCKING NOWHERE and people die. Because of this, at this point, operations are suspended;
- you'll meet a very nice guy named toyotomi which is ayumi's direct subordinate in her company; mandatory in H-games, any male character you find aside MC is an antagonist or an old man, or a complete imbecile, he's no exception.
- at some point MC bumps into ayumi, which will lose a few very important documents; you help her to recover most of them, but one page is missing. MC can get it nearby after the event. The page describes some conservation liquid which MC has no idea the applications for;
- after Mc meets toyotomi the first time he'll overhear him talking to the workers to resume operations. Of course, things end up with lightning bolts, and now there are protesters wanting the company away from the city. Ayumi is the coordinator of the jobs, so she is blamed for the accidents, even if it was toyotomi who fucked up everything;
- at night, MC will spot toyotomi and two yakuza talking about something in the park; he also meets kaori taking photos of the encounter secretly;
- a bit later, the thugs will attack ayumi in the park (one of the worst game-based parts; it's disgusting the amount of pixel hunting here to proceed, I never forget), MC will try to intervene, will be shut down by the thugs, then toyotomi will come and rescue them;
- ayumi then is deemed responsible for the company accidents, is questioned by kaori in a TV's news program, then blamed for everything that happened; MC gets pissed with toyotomi but has no proofs about anything. Here , another savestate: go to the company and show toyotomi's card to the guard (cannot remember where MC gets it, I think in the first park encounter with the thugs he drops it or something), or not showing it;
- By not showing it, MC goes to sword cape and finds ryuu there (after finding jewel #5 of 8); they have a strange conversation where ryuu basically says MC is the only option to be carrying the device, and when things would get bad, a bright light covers everything. Ryuu says something about a "chaos correction", but that he will not forget the event again. Then MC will be back to the root point and will have to travel through the route all over again. If the player tries to repeat the event, this time ryuu will shut him down and kill him in his mansion;
- By showing the card to the guard MC can enter the company, which is an automated building; he witness toyotomi trying to bang ayumi in her office, they have a fight, ayumi thinks toyotomi is a cool guy after saving them and such, Mc hates him, blah blçah blah, drama ensues;
- after some unrelated events, later at night, MC goes to his home and again sees toyotomi and ayumi in the sofa doing adult things. Another fight, ayumi is pissed with MC blaming toyotomi for everything without any proof (then you have to make a savesate here or will be forced to repeat the WHOLE ROUTE AGAIN), MC runs away again, finds kaori in the streets, go to bed with her, she gives him a photo of toyotomi meeting the thugs in the park; he goes back home, punches toyotomi in the street while going home after hearing him tell how ayumi was now useless to him, sicne the documents he was after were incomplete (MC has one page, remember), couldn't make her tell him where's the missing page, and discarding her afterwards; MC resumes rushing home then finds ayumi dead in the bathtub after suiciding. Route ends;
- now, if you didn't follow the walkthrough and made a savestate in the heat of the moment you'll have to replay the fucking whole route to, when accusing toyotomi, be able to show the photo you got in the alternative path. toyotomi panicks, runs away, MC goes after him, I think kaori punches toyotomi this time because she doesn't like him anyway, etc, etc. MC goes back home and this time manages to avoid ayumi's suicide in the nick of time, then they go procreate until morning arrives. At the end, MC tells ayumi about koudai's letter, and she gives him a special access card for the company's laboratory, which is studying a special ore at the city's underground (turns out it's the thing they're trying to excavate from the beach). The documents toyotomi wanted had the formula to make a conservation liquid, since this ore would mutate into something useless when in contact with open air or destroyed when immersed into water (all his monkeyness to screw up ayumi's reputation wa to get these documents and sell them to another company). Ayumi also says this ore was koudai's goal, but doesn't say what for. She also comments about the device jewels, and how she saw one of these in the company's lab, behind a projector. Then route ends, and Mc is back to the root. With the blue card. WHICH WILL BE USED AT THE VERY VERY END OF ANOTHER ROUTE. Now, what if you did that route before this one? Good luck with the pixel hunting redux³.

ROUTE 3 - MIO
You'll have to click every same crap in the scenario again to reach day 1. Yes, I just copied this from the previous section.

Mio's route is a logistic pain:
- In Mio's route, eriko, ayumi and kanna also had no relevance, but mitsuki still appears near the end, and yuuki (the guy) also participates;
- Mio is one of these "honor students" which doubles as the obligatory tsundere every game must have; she has the hots for MC, but entered tsun mode since she got him and mitsuki during copulation in one of their escapades. She also treats mitsuki really bad because of it. I honestly hate her. Anyway, she's also the mayor's daughter and a fanatic for old history, being read MC father's books about history theories and basing one of them, which I'll detail below, for her own research;
- Yuuki appears in every route, but his role is minor, especially because, you know, god forbid other males than MC to have any relevance in h-games, unless they are antagonists. Yuuki has a crush for Mio in every route, but it is here where things clash, albeit hardly that bad;
- One of koudai's books, which I won't recall the name obviously, is a theory on how every 4 centuries something of huge relevance occurs in Japan and, based on this, he developed a theory about a race he named "celestials" for no reason altogether, and these are the responsible for the events which molded Japan as it is today. Mio believes the same as koudai, sword cape has some secret, but since koudai was an eccentric which would badmouth his teachers and all, the history researchers' community rule it out as lunacy and never got into actual research. So she'll usually be found in sword cape investigating the glyphs;
- the glyphs are in a tablet carved into a stone from sword cape's entrance, with unknown characters; Mio believes these characters should not be "read", but interpreted differently. What does this mean? Good question my boys, 20 years later I still have no idea. The stone itself predates a few millenia, but the carvings were believed to be made around 4 centuries ago;
- Anyway, although not as prominent as in her own route, ayumi's problems regarding accidents with her company job make an appearance here; kaori gets involved as normal, interrogates ayumi in the news program, etc. But this time, things go a bit deeper: it seems the mayor is involved with the company extractions at the beach, and used some illegal means to give them permission to control the region and finish its job, whatever it is. Mio confides this info to MC during one night in which they were investigating sword cape for her research. Then, in the 2nd day, the mayor resigns under corruption accusations, and someone wrote all details about it in the school's board. Mio believes it was MC who did it because he was the only one which she told about the suspicions, but anyway, this forces her to leave school and she won't be seen for a while;
- In a certain moment Mio will comment she went to ryuu's mansion to see a tapestry he has on his living room, and she thinks that thing has some relation to sword cape's secret. MC goes there with Mitsuki later and he analyzes the motif: on the left, it's a black tower with 3 bright spheres over it. The spheres, which could be three suns for all I care, are shooting laser beams in a horde of people at the right side, which seems to be burning from it. MC says he now understands why Mio thought it could be related to sword cape. What is it, you guys ask? Well, I have no fucking idea;
- Nothing else of relevancy happens, just a lot of walking, then MC/Yuuki/Mitsuki start searching for Mio who ran from home, disgusting part. So, after a lot of useless walking they go to swrod cape and find a bag with some exploration essentials 101 inside (ropes, flashlights, etc). They also find a tunnel leading to the interior of sword cape.

And here, every logistic shit starts. You following a walkthrough? Good, savestate here at the entrance, because now you'll choose between Yuuki and Mitsuki to accompany you inside the tunnel and, once inside, your device becomes inaccessible. For what reason, you ask? God fucking knows;
- Choosing Yuuki, which is an aloof idiot (god forbid a male other than MC to be borderline competent in a h-game) to join you, you'll discover he was the one who wrote the things about the mayor in the school board because he was jealous of MC and Mio getting closer and happened to be stalking the two when they started talking in the beach last night. They follow the tunnel, bump into a bifurcation, follow left, and find a plate in the ground with a small slot and a devil's face. Eerie music starts for some reason. Nothing happens, though. They go back, go to the other path, find another bifurcation, one path leads to a dead end, and the other to a closed stone door with another plate in the ground, this time with a crown and a slot pretty much the identical as the devil plate one. Well, nothing to do here too, door is too thick, nothing budges it. They go back to entrance. Nothing to do, they go back inside. Then, after roaming like 20 minutes in the tunnels, I spotted a very small button in a wall - yes, a button protruding from the stone walls. After presing it, tunnel's entrance is blocked, and the stone door ahead this time has a small crevice with two medals: one black, and one white. MC grabs both, and also grabs jewel #6 of 8 which is laying here (or was at the ground, won't remember). Then they put black medal on devil's plate, white medal on crown's plate, and door opens. MC goes in, then door shuts down, locking Yuuki on the other side. MC tries to open the door but to no avail. Then he suggests Yuuki to retireve/reinsert the medals to reopen the door. Yuuki agrees and goes back, and falls into a hole outside MC view. He goes ahead;
- MC reaches a small room with two doors, where he must lock the previous door to open the next one. Then he reaches a mausoleum-like thing with a coffin and two skeletons. Both are impaled in the walls with spears. What is this place, and happened here, you ask? I have no fucking idea to this day. Anyway, the coffin has two sliding plates with PUZZLES. You like puzzles? They aren't that hard to comprehend at least but I swear it's a fucking pain to make it right. MC also finds a 3rd skeleton, this one much fresher, with skin still decomposing and impaled backwards in a... stalagmite? I don't know with I can call a rock spear as stalagmite. Well, the body was impaled in this thing. After looking at its notebook and its palmtop, MC finds out this is that woman who wrote the essay about the device: she went missing half a year ago, it seems she reached this place but couldn't find the solution to the puzzle before running out of water and provisions. But, as she was dying, she solved the puzzle. Talk about karma. A shame the page with the answer was torn off - obviously Mio took it to go forward. So the player has to solve the puzzle as expected. It's pretty much a walk in the park, basically a crosswords - the palmtop converts the symbols into numbers, so you know, lets say, X=1, Y=2, Z=3, and the plate has X Y in horizontal and Z X in vertical, you have to fill the blanks in a way there are 1 then 2 filled spots on horizontal, and 3 then 1 in vertical, with a blank between them, in a way which respects both horizontal and vertical totals. Of course, the puzzle is a 10x10 matrix, fuck the life of anyone doing that shit. Then you have to repeat the SAME CRAP IN THE SECOND PLATE;
- after the horrid puzzle, the slides slide to the center and converge into a merged image of nothing. MC finds stairs leading deep below inside the coffin; following it, he reaches a large underground lake with some fluorescent something glowing below the waters. He also meets Mio here, Mio is depressed because she couldn't find any exit, they do the H part of the H-game, then MC has a vision of an elf chick glowing and guiding him through the right path of the underground lake. MC and Mio then get into a huge tower-like contraption spanning ~200 meters high, I have no fucking idea, don't ask me. OK, sword cape has a tower-like format, but they walked what, 80 kilometers in the tunnels, then in the underground lake, and they are still beneath sword cape. Ok dude. Anyway, after thinking for a while they notice this thing is magnatically charged and is generating - guess it - lightning bolts. They find a door nearby and follow it before that thing starts shooting at them and blows up everything. Then, after following the path, they bumped into another locked stone door with a large stone disk attached in the middle, and a small slot in the side. MC grabs the disk and... door doesn't open. How do you open it, you ask? WITH THE MEDAL YOU GOT ON THE WELL. Remember it? Halfway eriko route, after the savestate? Yes my boy, if you didn't follow a walkthrough, or followed this route before eriko's, you'll have to savestate here, restart, remake the whole fucking route, guess how to use the rope to grab the medal, reload, and open the door;
- After passing the door, they'll be at the bottom of the well. Cute. Mio climbs up with a rope they found laying there, but MC pulls the rope down and tells Mio to leave - he stills has to go back and help Yuuki. Then he retraces all the path, and the first stone door is open now. He finds the hole Yuuki fell into, goes down, and meet him dead. He screams, then route ends. Yup, back to the beginning;
- Now good luck retracing all the route back to the tunnel entrance if you didn't save as mentioned previously. MC this time chooses Mitsuki; she's smarter than yuuki, but the plot follows the same way: long tunnel, stone door, blah blah blah - but this time, MC has two options to open the first stone door: wither with the medals as in Yuuki's path, or with the large stone disk. With the medals, you'll have to realod the fucking savestate (remember it?) to grab another medal in the well and open the door again, what does not change much, this time will be Mitsuki dead in the hole. If MC opens the door with the stone disk, door stays open and both advance. everything is the same (except mitsuki screams and passes out when seeing the skeletons in the mausoleum), MC finds Mio again, this time carrying Mitsuki. Then he take a blow in the head and passes out;
- MC wakes up with mitsuki pointing a gun to them, seems she is under ryuu's control in this route too. She says she finally found the ore (the thing glowing beneath the water) and that ryuu wants it as an energy source. Anyway, MC pleads for mitsuki to remember they already mated and such, she has a seizure, and the two escape her and reach the tower thing again. Mitsuki appears again and tries to kill them, but I don't remember what happens, the machine short circuits and starts blowing everything and kills mitsuki in the process. Mio and MC escape and... yup, he goes back to the root again. And what's the actual profit of all this garbage? Jewel #6. We're finally in the final route.

ROUTE 4 - KANNA
You'll have to click every same crap yes, same shit again.

If you are confused with my abridged account of the plot, I'll say this route solves about 5% of everything you're going to ask. Lul.
- In this route kanna and kaori are relevant; ayumi too at the very very end of the rebirth branch (you'll understand);
- Kanna is a transfer student and, as every female transfer student, is victim of rumours spread by the non-tranfer slutties in the school, like how she lays down with every guy that pays her, she was seen leaving a hotel with a guy three times her age, slutiness, slutiness, etc, etc, I hate students;
- In this route there'll be a private detctive you never met in other routes, but you heard mentions of him from ryuu: how he hired a useless local investigator to stalk Kanna and see where the fuck koudai is hiding. The detctive believes Kanna knew MC father and knows about his location (somehow all news about his death don't matter anymore);
- MC spends a night in kanna apartment but, against all odds, no, this time he didn't shove the rod in. Kanna is truly confused about this, why MC didn't do anything during the night. Look how things go, ma boys. They go walk in the park, then MC badmouths his father, kanna has a fit and rushes off;
- I don't remember if this is before or after the park, but MC finds a... how can I explain this... in the old times, before the advent of credit card and internet, bank account transactions were registered in a type of booklet named savings account. Yes, everything was written up manually, and then the bank would stamp it to show what was truly credible and what people would write themselves to cheat the system. The level of security from the nineties was abysmal, I tell you. So, MC finds his father's savings account in kanna's apt, showing he transferred a lot of money to her at some point. He also finds a photograph of Kanna and another woman in sword cape, but something in the photo is amiss - and yes, a fucking pixel hunt in the photo to show us what is strange in the photo. Turns out that, around 50 years ago, sword cape had 3 protruding rocks in its entrance, and now only two existed. So the photo had at least half a century, but Kanna still looked the same. Now, mind you guys, do you know why Everest is the highest mountain in the world? Because it's the newest. But you know its age? 60 million years. The youngest mountain = 60 million years. How a fucking rock disappears in 50 years is beyond me;

Here a fork, as usual; savestate. MC will have an option to talk with the detctive or follow... who was it? I think it was eriko;
- Anyway, MC talks to the detective again, which suggests MC to plant some moles in kanna's apt to hear her conversation in phone; MC refuses, then the talk goes some way where detective says he could take kanna's necklace and bribe her (she mentioned in the park it was as valuable as her life or something), which he also refuses. Such a paladin. Then convo goes in a way where detective says the rumours about her sleeping with anyone are all correct, himself being one of the guys. MC gets pissed as usual paladin protagonists and... I don't remember exactly the flow of things here;
- At some point MC goes back home to do something I don't remember and drops his father's letter in the kitchen; later he recovers it when talking to the detective in the phone. In this call, the detective uses his knowledge to make MC slip and comment about the device (like "my client says kanna has a device, you know about it?" then after distracting Mc with other sdubjects he answers "she didn't tell me anything about a stone slate with jewels", such an idiot);
- Then back to the park at night, god damn, I hate this park. remember how I mentioned ayumi's pixel hunting when the thugs would attack her in her route? Same shit here, mass clicking every fucking pixel until you find the detctive over kanna with a knife in her neck screaming for the device. During the altercations the detctive grabs her amulet and holds it over the park fountain, but drops it in there anyway. A few more pixel hunting and eriko will appear and kock him down. then MC and Kanna will discuss the value of a woman who laid with hundreds of guys (jp drama), how she is different from regular humans, and already lived for dozens and dozens of years, same for her mother and Mc's mother (new info for him), then they fuck, then she dies. It seems the amulet thing was her lifeforce, somehow. Now, are you following a walkthrough? You must savestate here, after the fornication, but before she dies. Yes, look at all the bullshit this game forces you to do;
- If, instead talking to the detective, he follows Eriko (I think it was Eriko), more pixel hunt ensues, and somehow he ends up sleeping with Kaori after showing her he has the blue access card for the company's central lab (yes, remember the card, from ayumi's successful ending route? It's used here. Oh, you didn't go for ayumi's route yet, and has no idea what the fuck this card is, or how to obtain? Well dude, that's the life of playing an horribad designed game with no walkthroughs). At night, they invade the company and reach the lab door, with some minor branches:
1. If, instead heeding Kaori's advice to stay still, and instead enter ayumi's office, MC finds toyotomi, who tells him, how he found out the plan to steal the 'hypersense stone" from the lab. MC has no idea what he's talking about until kaori knocks him out from behind. Both flee, and the security guards start searching the company. MC is trapped, and reached a bad end, having to use the device to GO BACK TO THE START OF THE GAME;
2. If he waits, the lab door will open, and inside he'll find jewel #7 of 8 behind the projector (as ayumi had mentioned - of course, after the mandatory pixel hunting),
then MC sees the stone inside a glass case. Kaori tells him to break it and grab the stone. He can refuse, then start talking how kaori wanted him to have fingerprints in the glass to incrimate him (courtesy of toyotomi's talk in the previous branch), then kaori lols at him and says he cannot make deals when she already has what she wants. She rushes off the room with the stone, alrams sound, and he's trapped back into ayumi's office to GO BACK TO THE GAME START AGAIN;
3. If he breaks the glass, MC chooses between giving kaori the stone, which would be imbecilic (does this word even exist?), since it'll drop into bad end at the office again, or keep it (where he'll lecture kaori again about the fingerprints and all that shit, but this time he has the stone). alarms sound, kaori runs away and he's again into ayumi's office - but in this variation ayumi is there, and hides him from the security guards. She tells him she read koudai's letter in the living room (which he dropped off earlier) and understands he isn't from that universe, and is traveling through time, space and shit. She comments koudai wanted these hypersense stones to recreate the missing jewels of the device and use it to meet his blood mother, which is alive. Like, what the fuck were the developers smoking? anyway, she asks about the device usage, MC says he has no idea what happens when he uses, and ayumi infers another MC takes his place when he leaps out of that universe (which I'll comment at my rant way more below, as promised). then he uses the device to return to the start of the game...

...then what the fuck you do now? Have any ideas? Well, you know this stone you stole from the lab? Load your savestate after kanna's H-scene and give her the stone. Now she's alive, and she says koudai took care of her after her mother died (I think it was it), how he was a marvelous person, how she met MC's mother, etc, etc, and that she has something to give MC, as per request of his father. Really, kanna? Fuck you. MC gets the study key. Remember the study? The empty one always raided by ryuu at day 1 after ayumi force the door open becasue the fucking key had gone missing? Yes, it was with kanna.

ROUTE TO EPILOGUE - GOD DAMN IT
You'll have to click every same crap BUT DONT GO FUCKING SLEEP. MC goes to study door and opens it with key. Yes, all those convoluted routes to grab six stupid jewels and a key. Now, you watched the game intro? Because if you don't you have no idea where to find the final jewel, #8 of 8, which koudai hid inside the old clock. After grabbing the final jewel, more pixel hunt until you grab koudai's memorandum, where he explains MC's mother was from the species called celestails (the name is hardly fitting as you'll see soon), that have huge lifespans, hit maturity quickly and age very slowly afterwards. They also depend on the hypersense stone (the ore in the underground) to stay alive, for some unfathomable reason, and their city is the only place where the ore exists. His mother one day killed herself by stabbing her own neck in front of koudai saying "i must go, my people need me". Koudai didn't get a fuck and rushed to develop theories and study the ore and a lot of extra shit to meet her again - then he vanished. And now, with the device fully charged with all jewels, it's time for Mc to end this. There he goes for sword cape again. This time the tunnel for sword cape underground is opened, he goes in, follows all the way until the small room after the first stone door. This time, there is a pedestal here. Then a thunderous voice asks him WHAT IS THA NAME OF THY KING and he doesn't have a fucking clue. Well, the name is, obviously, the horizontal convergence of the two puzzles in that coffin next room. You grab both puzzles, overlays them (game does it for you) then you click on the symbols forming the upper part of the puzzle. COULDN'T IT BE MORE OBVIOUS? ONLY IDIOTS NEED WALKTHROUGHS FOR THIS, fuck you all.
After inputting "the name of the king" (don't ask me, I have no idea what the name is, or who is the king at all), MC is isekai'd.

THE ISEKAI EPILOGUE
You know all those routes and everything? It was half the game. Now we enter the final half, the epilogue. From this point onwards, no more pixel hunts thank the fucking gods - but you still need to click on menus. Seriously. I wonder how a 26-animated series managed to compilate all this crap.
MC wakes up in an unknwon forest without any items, not even the mirror and device (but now he can save & exit through the menu, talk about logic). He walks around, finds no one, then stops at a huge abyss going below for light years. There are clouds at the bottom, so yes, that shit is probably very deep. Then out of thin air a blonde mute girl appears, and then Mc starts to fucking guess her name through syllabes, look at this shit. It turns out her name is... "sayless". I just had flashbacks of another game, riviera the promised land, where there was a mute mermaid named "meute". Really, you fuckers?
After "guessing" her name, they leave the forest, and find a bizarre biome where the forest ends in a pradaire, then the pradaire ends into a desert. There's a lone house around, they go in, and meet, huh, looking the page again... illia. she's a knight protecting "the frontier" (where they are atm) of that country, called "dela grande". I'll tell you, that means pretty much "the big one" in spanish, or portugese (there are no "dela" in portuguese with this meaning, though). Whatever. Dela grande is such a country led by smartasses, look at this: the center of the place is a gigantic desert. The borders are like where MC are, flora and resources. Where is the capital, you ask? Right in the middle of the socrching hell. And the borders are forbidden to general public; not that anyone could travel through the whole desert radius. I just had flashbacks of another game. You know breath of fire 3? Probably not. One segment of the game is about the protagonist trying to reach an old civilization, but he has to cross a desert, ironically also "the frontier". Abominable trekking over nothingness while dehydrating and losing energy and killing your mounts to feed.
Illia says the knights protect the frontier against monsters coming from the abyss encircling all dela grande. MC understand nothing as expected, until sayless vanishes for no reason and is back into the edge of the abyss, from where a hobgoblin thing climbs and almost cleaves her in half. MC does nothing, so ilia teleports like a servant from nowhere and slashes the monster, but also takes the claws in sayless' place. She dies shortly after telling MC sayless is the priestess who will save dela grande by receiving god, and that after a set amount of time dela grande wil be doomed without her (fact reinforced by some bad quakes happening every now and then). What the fuck the priestess is doing at the frontier? No one knows. MC is skeptic about this god bullshit, and Ilia comments she had a sister who never believed in god either. Then she dies.
MC enters into emo mode, getting anger and frustrated he's stuck there with no way to go back to his world, and the damn mute priestess following like a dog everywhere. He gets pissed, enters the desert, the idiot prestess follows him, he gives up after noticing it's stupid to try and advance, and goes back home. Then the bad boy regrets leaving the idiot girl in the desert and goes back, dude, this guy should be dead already. Ryuuzouji took too long to shoot him in day 0. They fornicate in the sands, I cannot imagine how comfortable that shit should be, desert sands. Then they go back to live their new life as frontier protectors. Never again a monster appears, lul.
4 years later they had a daughter called - you guess it - yu-no. Yes, the titular character is right at the epilogue. I think 3 more years pass and yu-no is now a 13/14 year old kid, it seems dela grande is home of these "celestials" who age quickly to maturity then stop aging at all. One nice day at the woods they found a
weird woman dropped into the woods (it IS a fucking succubus, a naked woman with bat wings and horns, what the fuck else would that be? You'll see the absurd soon), carrying a small winged lizard with her (which in my dictionary I would call dragon, but whatever, just keep this in mind). They ask her name, and she says her name is X, X being some eldritch abomination language which almost makes both MC and yu-no drop dead with the pronunciation, like, what the fuck? Then she asks them to take care of the "dragon' and dies. Yu-no wants a pet, so why not.
Now here the next big act of smartness of our MC: when illia was about to die, she said clearly to MC "oh she's the priestess, I wrote a letter to send to the capital informing them about it, it's in my drawer". 7 years later, sayless finds a letter in the drawer after a clean up. what does MC do? "well, it probably illia's, lets send it". One week later three soldiers are kidnapping sayless and MC is pissed, god damn it you piece of shit, I told you guys, this idiot should be dead at day 0. Well, PLOT TWIST, sayless started talking, can you believe this shit? She says "run", bite her own tongue and dies. MC goes berserk and charge three soldiers. He's punched to near death, and the soldiers bury sayless outside wondering what to do now the priestess is dead. Then they leave. Yu-no and the lizard are in the forests during the events so they don't see her.
MC now is all gangsta mode and will travel the desert to reach the capital and kill the... god emperor. I remember other two instances of a guy named "god emperor" and I'm pretty sure this MC cannot fight their toenail and win in any scenarios. This will not end right, but he deserves it, so I'm all in for the plan. Yu-no starts bitching about following him, leaves the lizard in the woods and follows him anyway. Now, here another piece of MC smartness: illia told him it takes around one week to walk to the capital through the desert; then goes and grabs supplies for two weeks worth of walking. Dude. It's a fucking desert. You should take 3 tons of water for one person, not "two weeks worth" for two people, and you will not be walking 24/7 to reach the capital. For all my breath of fire 3 experience, you never travel in a desert between 11am-4pm when the sun is basically cooking the sands. temperatures go as high as 50ºC,and it's not only the heat, look at all those gamma rays, and you and your daughter are wearing shorts and t-shirts. Really? Well, not to say resources are depleted after a week and they are nowhere close to the capital. Genius.
They find an oasis because plot armor and there they find another chick, MC and chick fornicate that night, they part ways, MC and yu-no reach a segment of the desert filled with stone monuments around a person's height. They have carvings and whatever. MC think they look like ceremonial coffins. Then they reach a shrine (the girl from the oasis said there are a few of these in the capital's perimeter and they are guarded), and MC promptly goes in, dude, fuck you. Of course, half a step in, yu-no screams from the outside. He goes out, see a platoon of soldiers aprehending her, then they punch him to oblivion again and drag him away. Genius.
MC wakes up at a concentration camp where prisoners are excavating a special ore. Close to the camp there is a large black tower that the overseer calls the "gazel tower". Talking to the prisoners he finds out the ore they excavate is the material used for the priestess' ritual. One day a guy says "fuck it i'm outta here" and runs away from the camp, then the tower fries him immediately with a lightning bolt when he reaches a certain distance. Months pass, or a year, whetever, and MC is still there mining ores. The lizard learned how to fly and reached the camp, and the prisoners want to barbecue it for the meat. MC goes badass and punches them, overseer whips him to unconsciousness and drops him in the solitary. Days later the "solitary" is not as solitary anymore when they drop a woman in bad condition in his cell. They talk about bullshit, and next day she's taken to be whipped again. Then a huge quake levels the whole camp and kills everyone, except for MC and amanda (the woman's name), which were saved by the lizard, now in his... adult form. You remember the woman in the woods, bat wings, horns? You remember the lizard, dragon-like hatchling? Well, the adult form is now a harpy girl. Nowhere close to both of previous forms. Right. "lizard" saves them, amanda suggests to use her/it to fly them to the capital else they die on the desert. MC agrees after some drama. "Lizard" takes them to the capital outskirts then dies of exaustion. amanda suggests to cook it and eat it, MC has a fit, punches her, regrets, etc, etc, idiotic MC. they talk, amanda was illia's sister, she's leading a rebellion against the god emperor, but now is saddened by hearing illia's dead, they fuck, they inavde another shrine (MC does not learn), but this time no one caughts them, and instead they find something in the altar. What is it? Well, it's the jewel device. Don't ask.
They are finally in the capital, a very desolated place with almost no residents, discover all her rebellion members are dead, then a division of soldiers spots them and charges. MC tells amanda to flee, he'll swordfight them all to death, lul, yeah sure. The captiain is of course a blonde chick with little clothes who outclass him in swordfight easily. Then he runs and is saved by... Eriko. Dude.
Turns out eriko wasn't a school nurse (as it wasn't obvious already), she is SPACE TIME COP and is hunting a "dangerous criminal". Infodumps here, she explains all theory about space/time travel, how she came from another human civilization with more technological knowledge and they developed a theory about how events form a tree, the root of the tree is the origin of everything, how dela grande is the same world as Mc world, but from a branched path, the events are branches in the tree, no one knows what's in the origin, one guy tried, got mad and died, etc, etc, MC doesn't understand anything as usual, then she leaves to hunt the criminal, he goes to sleep.
Next day he enters the waterways (or sewers, or whatever) underground, and reaches the palace. In the palace depths he finds a very long-bearded ryuuzouji chained into a metal bar. He says he dropped there decades ago after the flash (this is the ryuu from day 0 at sword cape) and been imprisoned by the god emperor for almost as long. they talk about the device, more useless talk, ryuu says the god emperor found a replacement for the priestess and she is now being brainwashed to recieve the god mind, explains the theory about losing some functionality of the body to get an OP replacement from the god (this is how sayless had no voice to recieve the voice of god or something, and this new priestess is being brainwashed to recieve god's mind, yes, nonsense), MC frees ryuu who flees. MC climbs to the palace and finds the new priestess being brainwashed in an altar, notices the priestess is the knight chick who swordfight him down the previous day, and also notices this is actually grown up yu-no. He tries to wake her up, no avail, then finds a SECRET DOOR behind the altar, and finds a huge steel chamber with machinery and gundam-like AI voices talking about the synchronization and a border limit and whatever. Yu-no wakes up, suddenly now remembers who MC is, they leave and stay in the palace gardens that night, because, according to ryuu, every morning the god emperor pass through the garden alone to see the priestess, and gangsta MC still wants to kill him.
He ambushes the god emperor, which is actually ayumi. No, you didn't read that wrong. They talk how she was sent there years before (this is the ayumi from day 0 at sword cape), but when she got there ryuu was trying to control dela grande, she dethroned him and is now the new god emperor. She says the priestess rite isn't religious per se, and tells all the bullshit story:
Very long ago, there was a very advanced human civilization. One day, meteor storm, everyone would die. Dela grantia, top scientist of the people, played a lot of elder scrolls and thought "hum, I like this dwemer idea of leaving reality, but this is too much evangelion to me, I'll go with dimensional jumps instead", then she turned the region into a large leap system and threw the whole continent into the dimensional void to escape the meteors. Good idea.
The dimensional void was void indeed, and killed 90% of the population, but hey, 10% alive from a 100% death perspective with the meteors is a success on my book. They noticed humans couldn't survive the dangers of the void, and started to make genetically altered humans able to strive is the hostile environment. This is the birth of the "celestials" - a species which goes from toddler to maturity in few years, then live for hundreds of years. Totally logic. The succubus/dragon/harpy hybrid is another variant of the celestials. Nothing makes sense, I know, but this is the story.
Then, things were calming down, until chaos correction. Dela grande could not exist outside their original axis of reality, so it would collide with their original world in a event-doom event. Or something. Doom. Grantia then developed a system to cheat the paradox and alter the dimensional course of dela grantia. This would need new extreme adjustements every 8 thousand years, and lesser adjustements every 4 centuries. And she wouldn't be alive for all that time. Then, she built the Grandmother, the super computer in the palace, and shove her mind into it. Every 400 years a girl compatible with grantia's mind is chosen as a priestess to recieve her knowledge and make arrangements in the course, avoiding collisions; at those times, dela grantia and the original world are very close, and some celestials drop into the world, as with kanna or MC's mother. After adjusting, the priestess normally dies and is buried in those coffins they threw in the desert. But this time, it's that 8 thousand years large adjustement where the priestess normally doesn not die, and instead is launched into the void of space time to die an even worse death. Don't ask me. Ayumi tells MC to talk to yu-no about it, but there's nothing much of a choice,r eally: either she's fucked, or she's fucked + everything else is fucked.
Then they fuck as usual, H-game don't forget, and go to the grandmother to save the world. However, ayumi disappears. MC, yu-no and amanda (yes she's here now, cannot remember when that happened being honest, but she's here) split up to search for her. In the end, they reunite in the brainwash altar and hear ayumi scream from the grandmother room. MC says to both girls wait there, he goes alone. If he doesn't go back in x minutes, amanda goes in. If she doesn't go back, yu-no goes in. Plans.
Inside the room ayumi is being held hostage by ryuu, who turns out to be the "dangerous criminal" eriko was hunting. He says she's actually pissed with him at a personal level and tells his story, god damn it:
Once upon a time there was void. Then there was ryuuzouji, his real name cannot be pronounced by human tongues (lul this bullshit), but he was in the void. Then, one nice day, a mind came. It was a scientist trying to reach the tree origin. He took a ride on his mind, of course, this killed the scientist, and now he was free. A shame he was eriko's lover. Hey, bad for her. He's a parasite taking peoples' minds to survive, this is how ryuu got caught too. And now he was going to provoke the crash of dela grante with Mc's reality because he's evil. I don't know.
Anyway, x minutes pass, amanda comes into the room. Ryuu thinks "oh here's the priestess" and launches her into the dimensional void (and since the dimensions are near-collided she drops into human world). Now he won. Until yu-no enters the room and synchronization starts. He's confused, then someone invades ryuu's mind and expels the evil entity from his body. Eriko appears of nowhere and shoots the entity to death. Wee, justice prevails. Fuck you.
After this abomination of a climax, ayumi dies because ryuu lost control of the knife and pierced her when being extracted, MC starts his usual bullshit, yu-no is being synchronized, eriko says "lul bye good luck" and disappears, Mc gives a jewel from the device to yu-no and then everything flashes bright and MC is back at sword cape underground small room. Isekai ended. Now both doors are locked. He cannot leave.
Then player opens the device map, and loads the savestate he never did, and is dragged to a collapsed yu-no in swrod cape entrance. Then he decides to travel the void with her and THE END.

Yes, that's it. What about his father, you asked? what about his mother? what about every fucking logic? Well, who cares.

B. THE RANT

Well, you probably already noticed I don't hold this game in high esteem; but the rant is not directed at this game in specific, just a general rant about any medias dealing with space travels.
As I said in a thread of wonder egg priority, the biggest problem of making something based on spatial travel is no one actually understands the logic behind it. People can make series about doctors because we have the knowledge about medicine to a certain extent; queen's Gambit was made by consulting top chess grandmasters; Boxing movies consult boxing fighters; mystery novel adaptations usually consult writers of the genre. But there's no one with know-how of space travel. So, it'll always have holes.
The closest thing humanity has to explain parallel universes is the string theory - a theory no one can truly finish because of human limitation. As of today, we all live in a three dimensional reality, with a fourth dimension being time. String theory requires 10 dimensions to fit everything. So, what are these extra 6 dimensions? No one has any idea. Let me take an example from the game: in kanna's route finale, ayumi tells MC about the device: she believes that, when he warps out of that reality, a new MC replaces him. How is this even possible? Wouldn't all MCs have a equally twisted device to jump over different dimensions? So why is only MC MC the one doing changes? What would happen if he is, for example, following toyotomi to meet the yakuza at the park, then flashes out and rops in another dimension because another him used the device to jump? This would make things so convoluted no MC could progress through anything. The only scenario where this works is very grim: nothing is real, only the MC. Everything else is an egg, a cluster reality where he's the only true being, and everything else solely exists for he to live his adventures.
Another example: ryuuzouji is actually possessed by a void entity in the game. This entity, as per Eriko words, already destroyed many realities. But it cannot die; the best one can hope is to destroy it to send it back to the void. However, there is one special instance of this character which breaks the whole logic behind a space cop hunting him. In ayumi's route, when MC doesn't show toyotomi's access card to the guard to enter the company, he meets ryuu at sword cape. Here, at first, they have a conversation, until a bright flash occurs and MC is thrown back at game start. Ryuu says here he'll now "remember this instance" and in fact, if the players follows the same path again, this time ryuu is ready to trap MC and kills him for the device. This means this guy is out of the loop - unlike all multiple instances of MCs, mios, ayumis, kannas, etc, this guy is a single entity who can roam all branches. He can remember every interaction he makes with every other character in any possible reality. Then why didn't he already killed all erikos who are hunting him? Worse, why didn't he kill MC at sword cape after the events in eriko's route? Yes, there would be no game this way, but this is the logical thing: if he's a single entity, and can remember all events, he would know when MC was being warped back; wait there, kill him, win-win.
And then, another instance breaks even this character: when MC finds him trapped beneath dela grante palace, he says he's been there for decades. So there isn't a single entity after all - then how did he remember the events at sword cape in ayumi's route? Worse, what's the point of eriko hunting him? Even if one is sent back to the void, infinite other ryuus already exist, and they'll keep destroying branches as per its evilness. There is no point of chasing it over dimensions; he'll forever exist anyway.
And then, to finish it, this game not only deals with spatial travel, but time travel as well - which is a much bigger problem. You see, time travel destroys any reasoning behind the driving force of the whole game: MC's father. Koudai's disappearing to reach out his former wife is what caused everything to start; but really, what the fuck did koudai want in the end? The only thing he did was to cause so many paradoxes the universe would implode in itself, because there would be no correction for anything. Look at this: MC found yu-no for the first time in the prologue, at sword cape, but only knew who she was at the end of epilogue. But in any moment, on any parallel realities, koudai never met yu-no. Then how did he know about handing her the device? How did he know she existed at all? a lot of things don't fit: in case no one noticed, MC managed to sleep with his stepmother (which isn't that big an issue in the end, they were even close in age) and two of his daughters (kanna and yu-no). There is no point of origin on anything here. How did kanna know MC was his father? Because koudai told her. And how did HE know that? Plot? Fuck it. How did Kanna exist in the same world as MC pre-isekai? He only met amanda after going to dela grante. She could exist in another dimensions, but not in his home world. How the fuck did yu-no exist in the fucking prologue? Is she now someone beyond time and space? Dude. No. No. The thing is so absurd the game doesn't have any answers to anything: what happened to koudai? He is now an "observer of events" as some holographic dream told MC at the end? Lul, fuck it. What happened to his mother? Why did she kill herself? At one point it was said she was a priestess, but then how come everything still existed if she didn't recieve grantia's brain to adjust dela grante's course? Her only descendant was MC, and he never became a priestess. All of these holes are hidden in the bullshit known as "open ending", where the authors have no fucking idea how to link the dots, and throw hints here and there and hope some avid fan will be creative enough to link them in some logical reasoning.
Well, at this point, steam game finished downloading, and I think chess.com also resumed working too. I could keep going about wormholes, black holes, white holes, and a lot of theories, but I doubt anyone still has any patience to read anything, if any ever read to this point honestly.
So, overall score for yu-no the game, since people here has a fetish for this:2/10. And it never deserved an animation after all.
LoborbSep 24, 2021 9:30 AM
Oct 16, 2021 10:21 AM
Mar 2020
Last scene Yu-no said Yeah, the name of this child is....
May 17, 2022 5:01 AM

Dec 2009
MegaZ3r0 said:
Well looks like his instincts for not "liking" kanna was a good hunch thank god.

Because he felt Kanna like one of his family.
Yeah I just replied to 3 years old comment because why not! šŸ¤£
Nov 9, 2022 10:12 PM

Nov 2013
Actually a pretty good story. But the dropped in hentai jokes seemed out of place.
Nov 15, 2022 4:57 PM
Mar 2021
Overal I don’t think it was a to bad of an anime, but they could’ve expanded the last episode with one or two more. Maybe show more of what happens when he got back, cause she just gave Kanna the jewel and left. Not saying goodbye to anyone (do think Ayumi kinda knows from the way she looked) it’s just weird. And thought this whole anime was about him saving his loved ones and find his dad, but they never really met which kinda for me defeats the point. Also does he just disappear like no one will remember him or like he will go “missing” and will be pronounced dead like what’s up with that?

(Think the tree name is Vrinda, cause of the loop hole)
May 3, 2023 9:05 AM
Mar 2023
Very interesting isekai with a lot of build up. The first part feels like summertime rendering or Higurashi but the second part is more like Steins Gate. Recommend if you like or don't like isekai.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2019

137 by RepeaterSiroop »»
Feb 16, 12:25 PM

» About Hatano Kanna (Spoilers)

ginchan789 - Apr 10, 2019

42 by RyuuanLinke »»
Feb 7, 11:09 AM

» This anime is underrated

saikyozero - Apr 1, 2023

8 by ShivamLH »»
Jan 18, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

87 by Ara-Ara_Oneesan »»
Jan 13, 2:27 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2019

245 by alana_alexander »»
May 31, 2023 5:21 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.